Sponsored by:

*** VRP MidSection X-pipe ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 07:33 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
I don't doubt it considering his best ET. But, he did say he has before and after dynos. I'll wait for those. Something tells me however, that although he THINKS he has the same X pipe like the prototype pictured above...he probably does NOT. Even Vadim agreed the goemetry was off and it would be changed. I doubt he would have ever sold that a piece like that.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Gentlemen, please - there is no need to be uncivil.

As far as X-pipe design. Dynoes are coming next week. I do not expect big HP gains from X-pipe per se, it is purely for sound.

The main benefit from MidSection X-pipe will come from opening up pipe diameter at the header flange. It the last bottleneck on a stock car.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP
Gentlemen, please - there is no need to be uncivil.

As far as X-pipe design. Dynoes are coming next week. I do not expect big HP gains from X-pipe per se, it is purely for sound.

The main benefit from MidSection X-pipe will come from opening up pipe diameter at the header flange. It the last bottleneck on a stock car.
Awesome!

What do you think pricing will be?
Old 01-24-2009, 12:03 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Wow from where to where did this thread go. Vadim let you know the before and after dyno numbers and maybe a video for sound.
post it up on a new thread.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Choke point"? "single exhaust"? Does E55pilot or LZH know what they are talking about? URNEXT's crossover is a very proper design for increases gas velocity. Ever seen a merge collector?
Old 01-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55
Originally Posted by Mark.iv
"Choke point"? "single exhaust"? Does E55pilot or LZH know what they are talking about? URNEXT's crossover is a very proper design for increases gas velocity. Ever seen a merge collector?
LOL, Yes I've seen Merge Collectors. His exhaust is not a proper design for increased gas velocity. That X-pipe is one helluva choke point
Old 01-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Burns stainless = expensive. Back to your scheduled arguing
Old 01-26-2009, 07:13 PM
Banned

S600TT, R350
That X-pipe is one helluva choke point
Since you claim to be an "expert" - prove it to me.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
hrmm

Isn't that sort of contradictory?
Old 01-26-2009, 07:57 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Vadim - Didn't you say yourself that the prototype pictured was NOT going to be the same as the prduction version after a few early posters questioned it's design ??

Originally Posted by E55Pilot
Ummmm Wow. that x, well it's not good. Seriously not good...
Originally Posted by chiromikey
J/K!!! actually, i have to agree about the x.
And your response....

The X-pipe crossover on production piece will be more open. This is just a prototype.
If you agreed previously that the production version would "be more open" then wouldn't that essentially be saying the prototype pictured is in fact the choke point ? Not trying to be confrontational, just trying to clear this up as some here seem to think one design is better than another. I know which flows better...perhaps you could clarify....

Last edited by LZH; 01-26-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55
you've pretty much done that for me.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Banned

S600TT, R350
There is nothing wrong with the current design, I call it "four-into-one" except it is labor intensive to make. The design which has two 45 deg. bends that come together at the elbow is less labor intensive and generally has bigger area. And thus I call it more "open".

However, as far as exhaust gases are concern neither one is better than the other on a production car with a very mild cam timing and no exhaust headers.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:37 PM
LZH
Banned

However, as far as exhaust gases are concern neither one is better than the other on a production car with a very mild cam timing and no exhaust headers.
That makes sense...
Old 01-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Banned

S600TT, R350
you've pretty much done that for me.
Do I get paid for doing your work?
Old 01-26-2009, 09:31 PM

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by LZH
That makes sense...
Sure it does

Your a joke! I bet you telling me to STFU was the only time you ever told somebody that. I also willing to bet that you were picked on all the time at school. Your pathetic, the only time you have ballz is on the internet.

As I told you already, next time you better say that to my face tough guy.

What a loser.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:35 PM

SL55 AMG
Do I get paid for doing your work?
Dont worry about him Vadim, he follows you around on all your post/threads. Im sure this is not the last time you hear from him.

BTW, thanks again for building me the FASTEST SL55 ON RECORD. When I asked you for a fast non-nos SL, you never told me you were going to build the fastest out there.

Great Job
Old 01-26-2009, 09:39 PM

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by LZH
I don't doubt it considering his best ET. But, he did say he has before and after dynos. I'll wait for those. Something tells me however, that although he THINKS he has the same X pipe like the prototype pictured above...he probably does NOT. Even Vadim agreed the goemetry was off and it would be changed. I doubt he would have ever sold that a piece like that.

Unlike you, I dont think........I know.

About the dynos, dont hold your breath genius. I have elected to keep ALL of my dynos off of the forums for now. I have nothing to prove to you or Mrs Pilot.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:40 PM

CLK but loves my Fords
Originally Posted by URnext
Sure it does

Your a joke! I bet you telling me to STFU was the only time you ever told somebody that. I also willing to bet that you were picked on all the time at school. Your pathetic, the only time you have ballz is on the internet.

What a loser.
HAHA nuff said...

Did u run those times withOUT CAMS???!!??

Cant wait to pick up my 55K, not going to be a SL tho...
Old 01-26-2009, 09:46 PM
LZH
Banned

Sure it does

What a loser.
OK, well...I tried to keep this civil and not resort to name calling or personal attacks. But since you have CHOSEN TO GO THERE FIRST....

Awwwwww.....did that STFU hurt the wittle babys feelings ??? Here, I'll say it again - STFU you little punk. I'll say it here or anywhere else if you like. I'll be at the next Evosport meet at Willow if you wanna bring your SL to get romped and I'll say it to your face, jerkoff.
I agreed with what Vadim said simply in the CONTEXT of that particular application - stock cams and NO HEADERS. Your car has long tubes, thus increasing flow greatly only to be CHOKED by the crappy closed design and abrupt turn/merge of the X pipe. Clearly you are too stupid to understand this and you're lack of technical knowledge is evidenced by your open checkbook comment about "building me the fastest SL".
Nice work. You should be proud. Now please post up those before and after dyno numbers you promised lest you make yourself look like more of an idiot than you already have.
And no, I never really got picked on in school. Having 4 older brothers tends to make you learn to fend for yourself. Come out to Willow and I'll show you.

Last edited by LZH; 01-26-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:52 PM
LZH
Banned

Unlike you, I dont think........I know.

About the dynos, dont hold your breath genius. I have elected to keep ALL of my dynos off of the forums for now. I have nothing to prove to you or Mrs Pilot.
If you KNOW then post the proof. I mean, you said you would...

I dont recall off hand, as there were a few diffrent runs, but I will let you know as soon as I get them. These #'s are LT headers with x-pipe versus stock.
And now you have "elected not to post them" ?? Sounds to me like you are full of *****. If you had any clue or experience with motorsports you would know that the first X pipe pictured is a bad design. Even Vadim said the production version would be different.

Your car has longtubes, thus the above statement from Vadim would mean that for your car, one design is better than the other. But, I'm glad your car sounds good - LOL !!! Even more amusing is you have VRP cams coming soon per your sig...

Last edited by LZH; 01-26-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

where are the mods?

seriously ... where are the mods ...
Old 01-26-2009, 10:30 PM
LZH
Banned

Originally Posted by SLK55R
seriously ... where are the mods ...
OH WAHHHHHHHH!!!!! Although, I'm glad you brought it up. Sure, I may not have been very nice in my initial posts here....but I never resorted to personal attacks or name calling. URnext was the first to venture down that path....I simply responded in kind. So, if you want to point a finger.....
Old 01-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
How is this X-pipe different than the one that replaces the resonator? Is it one or the other? What does this do if I already have the secondary cat and resontor delete with x-pipe?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

rofl

Originally Posted by LZH
OH WAHHHHHHHH!!!!! Although, I'm glad you brought it up. Sure, I may not have been very nice in my initial posts here....but I never resorted to personal attacks or name calling. URnext was the first to venture down that path....I simply responded in kind. So, if you want to point a finger.....
It takes two ... and in my opinion, you started it with the STFU statement. Regardless, its this type of behavior that horrible.

Honestly if both of you don't get a suspension, the mods just aren't doing their job.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Wow! Where the hell has this thread gone? It basically went from a vendor coming out with a mod to childish remarks. It's one thing to post opinions but to bring things to a personal level and wanting to fight....what a joke. Sal, there are always going to people out there wanting to bring negativity to something positive, don't let these people bother you. Bottom line, your car performs and you don't need to prove anything past that. Vadim has made some great products which has been proven, the other guys, what have they brought to MB World? Let their opinion be just that, a opinion.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: *** VRP MidSection X-pipe ***