Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 06:52 PM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BlackOnBlackCLK
I tried the MHP tune, when I put the ecu tcu in the car and went for a ride I thought my trans was blown because it shifted so slow and sloppy so we hooked up star and looked at shift times they were an unbelievable 2.5-3.1 seconds when they should be under .4 seconds. So I had it flashed back to stock and got my money back and now everything is fine.
Curt,
As you were told, our TCU tuning doesn't work with the valvebody mod your trans had.

Thanks
Old 01-31-2009, 07:33 PM

CLK but loves my Fords
Originally Posted by MHP
Curt,
As you were told, our TCU tuning doesn't work with the valvebody mod your trans had.

Thanks

How was the valve body modded or was it a replacement?? Were you aware of the valvebody before the tune? Is there anyway you could still tune the tranny if has other upgrades? THANKS for any help MHP.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:35 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by JYOO
How was the valve body modded or was it a replacement?? Were you aware of the valvebody before the tune? Is there anyway you could still tune the tranny if has other upgrades? THANKS for any help MHP.
It's not our hardware (valvebody mod) so we don't know the specs of the mod. We do know that too much line pressure (likely what Curt experienced between the raised line pressure in the TCU and then on top of that with the VB) can slow shifts.
We can tune for higher stalls if that's what you're asking.

Thanks
Old 01-31-2009, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
once again, it's not mhp's fault guys.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:54 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by chiromikey
once again, it's not mhp's fault guys.
New Year, same mikey.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
and same mhp...LOL!!!
Old 02-01-2009, 07:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 clk55 AMG
Originally Posted by MHP
Curt,

Thanks
Andy, you're right you did tell me that, but what you are forgetting is i did put a stock valvebody back in and it still didnt shift right
Old 02-01-2009, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Interesting posts and info - out of deference to Southern Hotrod, we shouldn't really thread-jack (although it happens everywhere else, I suppose ), as this thread is supposed to be about their tranny upgrades.

FWIW, though, I've been running an MHP TCU tune in my C32, and feel it's greatly improved the "sportiness" of the shifting.

I've not put over 200 miles on it yet (weather isn't conducive to it, frankly) - but I've noticed it seems you can "outwit" it at times. For example, if I'm getting after it to merge on the highway (so, aggressive through 1st and most of 2nd), as you approach redline in 2nd, if you don't quite get to it and let off the throttle instead, it'll hold 2nd gear (instead of shifting to 3rd) longer than the stock TCU program did. I don't know enough regarding MB's integration of the software and hardware to know if this is a side effect of higher than stock line pressure, shift/load parameters, tranny/TC controls, etc... but (to me) it's a minor quirk against drivability when compared to the benefits felt through 95% of other spirited driving. Maybe it's something that could be fine-tuned with further development of the 5A trannys' TCU programing (since it appears MHP's primary R&D has been with the 7A in the 63 AMGs... and perhaps they're different in this regard, or perhaps not) - or maybe it's a side-effect of raising the aggressiveness of the TCU in general (sort of like how faster shifting *typically* coincides with "harder" shifts).
Old 02-02-2009, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
MESSAGE FROM ADMIN:

I agree - this thread is about SOUTHERNHOTROD, not MHP. Please stay on point (I know it is hard sometimes )

It is not fair to one sponsor to take over his thread and discuss another competing sponsor. Please guys.

Feel free to make new threads, but this one needs to stay on the topic of what SOUTHERNHOTROD wants to talk about.

thanks
Brad