southwest (phoenix) LET custom dyno tune interest

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Bump.

If you are in the AZ area and would like to check out some quick soon to be quicker Mercedes feel free to stop by. Rich will be there about 8:00-8:30AM

Dyno-Comp is located at

8295 E. Raintree dr.
Scottsdale Arizona

There is Extra parking around back.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
I am going to be in AZ visiting family that weekend, maybe Ill stop by in my cousins Diablo GT

BTW: Seriously, If you bring a pool of red bull for Wayne, you get an extra 10hp
Old 03-19-2009, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
our tuning day will be at dynocomp in scottsdale on raintree just west of the 101. let's try to get there by 8:30 so the dyno can be hot by 9.

Dynocomp
8295 E. Raintree Dr.
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
480-596-0500

http://www.dynocomp.com/
Old 03-19-2009, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by chiromikey
our tuning day will be at dynocomp in scottsdale on raintree just west of the 101. let's try to get there by 8:30 so the dyno can be hot by 9.

Dynocomp
8295 E. Raintree Dr.
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
480-596-0500

http://www.dynocomp.com/

will be there! is there an order to this or how is this exactly going to work?

Originally Posted by hooleyboy
Bump.

If you are in the AZ area and would like to check out some quick soon to be quicker Mercedes feel free to stop by. Rich will be there about 8:00-8:30AM

Dyno-Comp is located at

8295 E. Raintree dr.
Scottsdale Arizona

There is Extra parking around back.
be soon to be quicker mercedes, are you referring to your car?
Old 03-19-2009, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
so after the tune, whats the rest of the plan? we just meeting up at speedworld for some races? or do some guys wanna do dinner? Anyone for beers after the strip? I'm sure that Mike (Hooleyboy) is down for another competition with Brock and I.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Talking

Originally Posted by jturkel
so after the tune, whats the rest of the plan? we just meeting up at speedworld for some races? or do some guys wanna do dinner? Anyone for beers after the strip? I'm sure that Mike (Hooleyboy) is down for another competition with Brock and I.
Yeah, beers after the strip. I get tired of spilling it all over myself when launching...
Old 03-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55
Kart tracks always provide hilarity
Old 03-20-2009, 12:59 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by E55Pilot
Kart tracks always provide hilarity
That could be fun......
Old 03-21-2009, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Hey guys, if u are interested I will be at the pavillions car show on sat night, if u want to come out...
Old 03-21-2009, 09:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
It was great seeing all you guys today, There was some stout cars on the dyno for sure. I will let them post there results rather than spill the beans. Lets just say some personal best dyno numbers were broken today.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
A major thumbs up for Mike is in order...great host. Provided muffins, bagels and drinks in the morning, hooked us up with some good pizza for lunch, and even waited to go last for the dyno...thanks Mike!

Oh...and the other Mike (hooley) brought some tasty donuts, which apparently Wayne is afraid of. LOL!
Old 03-22-2009, 06:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

thanks to everyone for attending and especially the folks at dynocomp, including that crazy guy that seems to just hang around the shop...i think his name was hooley or something (btw, your car is going to be INSANE!). and a HUGE thanks to let for still making the trip after we didn't meet their minimum number of participants required for the group tuning session...sorry about that!

the cars in attendance today seemed to put down some REALLY good baselines and there wasn't much room for improvement. kleemann put a damned good tune on my car and wayne did all he could to eak out 10 more hp and tq. although i hoped for more, i really didn't expect all too much knowing how well my car has been performing. what i really hoped for and wayne delivered on was the off throttle and part throttle maps. my car no longer stutters or bucks at low rpms at zero or minimal throttle. as a bonus, the downshifts are also much smoother. that in itself was worth the custom tune!!!

on a side note, we tested a renntech airbox. i didn't expect any real gains but it showed an additional 10rwhp/10rwtq gain on back to back runs vs my stock airbox. too bad those things are so expensive otherwise i would have ordered one on the spot!!!

thanks again to everyone!!!
Old 03-22-2009, 02:43 PM

E55
Wished I could have hung out longer, but the back seat natives were restless.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
sounds like a fun day and a great time!

any other numbers to post up by the other members that got a custom tune?

I Like Soup: how does your new tune compare to your previous one?
Old 03-23-2009, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by jikjak
sounds like a fun day and a great time!

any other numbers to post up by the other members that got a custom tune?

I Like Soup: how does your new tune compare to your previous one?
Well, unfortunately for me, Wayne didn't have the maps for my particular ECU number, so I'm going to do the remote tune thing this week. We've got a baseline dyno run that put down very good power for just a pulley and tune, to which Wayne gave Vadim props for that. It looks like there is still a little something there to improve on, most likely get more torque out of the deal...so we'll see! I'll definitely post up my results when we are done.

Oddly, on my second baseline pull, it looks like my ECU was starting to pull about 6 degrees of timing due to heat. WTF? I've got the Code 3 7" heat exchanger, Johnson CM30 pump, the PTE 160 thermostat, and the -10C Star "mod"...I thought I didn't have to worry about cooling. I'll probably look at a split loop solution to further enhance my car's cooling capacity.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:42 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by I Like Soup
Well, unfortunately for me, Wayne didn't have the maps for my particular ECU number, so I'm going to do the remote tune thing this week. We've got a baseline dyno run that put down very good power for just a pulley and tune, to which Wayne gave Vadim props for that. It looks like there is still a little something there to improve on, most likely get more torque out of the deal...so we'll see! I'll definitely post up my results when we are done.

Oddly, on my second baseline pull, it looks like my ECU was starting to pull about 6 degrees of timing due to heat. WTF? I've got the Code 3 7" heat exchanger, Johnson CM30 pump, the PTE 160 thermostat, and the -10C Star "mod"...I thought I didn't have to worry about cooling. I'll probably look at a split loop solution to further enhance my car's cooling capacity.
You may want to think about having your fan set to come on at an earlier (cooler) temp. I know it can be annoying listen to the fan run at a stop light, but it maybe just what you need. Dyno-Comp can do this for you.

You maybe want to think about what kind of coolant you are running. Some Redline Watter Wetter wont hurt. Or being in Arizona a set up of running strait water this time of year may have some cooling benefits do to surface tension.

If all that fails maybe look into picking up a fan that flows more air over stock. .. some sort of duel compact fans.

Also a thing to remember is on most dynos the fans are not 120mph fans so it maybe slightly different on the street.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Question

Originally Posted by hooleyboy
You may want to think about having your fan set to come on at an earlier (cooler) temp. I know it can be annoying listen to the fan run at a stop light, but it maybe just what you need. Dyno-Comp can do this for you.

You maybe want to think about what kind of coolant you are running. Some Redline Watter Wetter wont hurt. Or being in Arizona a set up of running strait water this time of year may have some cooling benefits do to surface tension.

If all that fails maybe look into picking up a fan that flows more air over stock. .. some sort of duel compact fans.

Also a thing to remember is on most dynos the fans are not 120mph fans so it maybe slightly different on the street.
Thanks for the feedback! I just had my coolant flushed last week and we used Water Wetter. I had this done last year and had no issues on the dyno then. Maybe there was a little air in there? I have the fan already coming on 10C sooner, can we go sooner?
Old 03-23-2009, 01:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C

wow seems like with those cooling mods, that sort of thing wouldnt happen so quickly. i hope u figure it out. could something be wrong with the cm30?

cant wait to see your results with the remote tuning. exciting stuff! i think that would aslo be my best option since its not too easy for me to get my car to a proper tuning shop. i guess remote tuning is the same as a custom dyno tune right?
Old 03-23-2009, 02:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by jikjak
wow seems like with those cooling mods, that sort of thing wouldnt happen so quickly. i hope u figure it out. could something be wrong with the cm30?

cant wait to see your results with the remote tuning. exciting stuff! i think that would aslo be my best option since its not too easy for me to get my car to a proper tuning shop. i guess remote tuning is the same as a custom dyno tune right?
I'm just hoping that maybe there was still a little air in the system since I just had it flushed the week before.

I think the remote tuning is a great option, especially when you can do it for a custom tune and not a cookie cutter tune. In my opinion, this really is a competitive advantage since now the guys at LET can help you with a custom tune no matter where you are. Props to those guys for making themselves even more accessible.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:19 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
I'm just hoping that maybe there was still a little air in the system since I just had it flushed the week before.

I think the remote tuning is a great option, especially when you can do it for a custom tune and not a cookie cutter tune. In my opinion, this really is a competitive advantage since now the guys at LET can help you with a custom tune no matter where you are. Props to those guys for making themselves even more accessible.
I will be at Dyno-Comp tomorrow since i took my keys home and it makes it hard for them to tune my car when I have the keys! I will talk to Rich about some solutions. If there is still some air in the system open up the coolant reservoir and then squeeze the radiator hose to see if you are getting any air bubbles to come out if you are then there is air in the system.

Even with your cooling mods, part of me is wondering if its enough to keep up with you boost levels. i'm sure they guys over there can come up with a solution for you
Old 03-23-2009, 06:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

karl,

what you need to do is data log on the street. i wouldn't be surprised if the problem is not with your system but with the poor airflow on the dyno. dynocomp is one of the best shops in town but they're definitely lacking in the fan department for their dyno. even my iat's got higher than they should have!

if you need to borrow my data logger just let me know.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:27 PM
Banned

07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
OT,
but with all the drama on the boards... I heard eric flecter was there? is this true?
Old 03-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
If so, I missed out!! Not only did we have LET working in RennTech's "house" (I know not really) but to also have the legend himself would have been a treat.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:20 AM

2004 K4 E55
Looks like a great time. I wish I was able to make it. I will make the another, even if its not with this current car. Anyone that knows me, knows about the problems...I felt bringing my 653 RWHP Shelby would not be cool. I love the its power, but still love the E55 as a driver more. I wish I just came to hang out with you all with nothing to dyno and have fun with you all. Now I'm depressed...
Old 03-25-2009, 03:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Were there any 63s that got tuned?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: southwest (phoenix) LET custom dyno tune interest