W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, now it's time for my MHP nightmare story **with Vids**

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2003 S210 3.8L Brabus wagon
Thankfully it did not blow the motor nor the electronics. Hope you take them to court for your funds. 5K is not easy to come by these days and especially to be pissed away knowing they could not deliver.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
WOW!! I guess the fat lady just cleared her pipes Sooo sorry to hear all your troubles Jakpro (Jim) JRcart (Jim) & all the others.....

Jakpro you've got patience my man, I'd of lost it...To think Andy offered me a greatly reduced $$ (TCU) including hardware, just to try it out & only pay if I liked it a few days ago, I almost bit...
Old 02-11-2009, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Thanks for coming forward Jim.

I cannot remember, but is this the second time you have been burned by a tuner? I might be thinking of someone else.

Either way, I hope you at the very least get your money back. It also makes me feel better that I did not take Andy's offer (half price tuning offer) to tune my E55.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bike
Sorry to hear about your trouble. Nothing worse than getting ripped off. I hope you will be able to recover your money somehow.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:39 PM

2010 C63
Somebody poke MHP with a fork. I think he's done.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:45 PM

CLK63 BS AUDI S5 AUDI Q7 4.2 SLine C230 Sport 2010 ML 350
3 Months is that all you got? I'll see your 3 and raise you 7 and my car still isnt right yet.

And I'm guessing Andy won't be invited to the MBWorld Christmas party this year.

So what your saying is JT don't get the V3 Tune.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by JT55
3 Months is that all you got? I'll see your 3 and raise you 7 and my car still isnt right yet.

And I'm guessing Andy won't be invited to the MBWorld Christmas party this year.

So what your saying is JT don't get the V3 Tune.
HELL NO! If I were you, I would definitely wait for the V4. But that's only if they can do exhaust bypass cutouts through the ECU.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 E63, 2008 Range Rover Sport, 2010 GLK350
very sorry to hear this. Def wont be getting anything from MHP.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Jim, I wish you the best in your quest for the restitution that you so well deserve..
Old 02-11-2009, 10:57 PM

2003 SL55, 1999 Lexus LS400
I knew this company was a scam when I could never get an answer about why prices were so different for different models with the SAME 6.2 AMG V8.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:58 PM

03' E55 Techtite Grey
Sorry to hear. I won't be going to MHP for anything. LET is still a reputable company right?
Old 02-11-2009, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 753 Likes on 734 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
video speaks thousand words...
sorry to hear what u had to go thru jim...
RENNtech and KLEEMANN might be $$$ but there's a reason for it...
Old 02-11-2009, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
uhg

Sorry to see that man ... even though I knew about it ... seeing it made it way worse.

I've been waiting with baited breath to see this thread.

STICK A FORK in MHP ... they are officially overdone.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:47 PM

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts
'08 CL63
Originally Posted by MJ50
video speaks thousand words...
sorry to hear what u had to go thru jim...
RENNtech and KLEEMANN might be $$$ but there's a reason for it...

But "MHP Forged" charged a higher price for their ECU/TCU combo than either of the above tuners.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 Black C63 Eurocharged V5
You guys are soo Full of S***!!!!

Look at my Dyno graph....I (andy) Gained 12 whp on V1 over the Renntech tune. I expect to get 25rwhp on V3!!

huh?? whats that.....Sorry...that car doesnt even have our tune. The 12 whp was just from the torque limits being removed--Im soo awsome!

WHATEVERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Im so angry....I actually believed this drivel.

Andy---if you are reading this ......I have "flashed a tune" on my S4....it took 30 mins. Flashed it back to stock--30 mins. Flashed a different tune. This whole "not taking" thing is an ABSOLUTE JOKE.

I paid certain Jason from AEM to fly to chicago to tune my Supra (FROM SCRTACH).....it took him 7 hrs for a full tune.

Even if you were designing a tune from scratch---it shouldnt take more than a day or 2.

Once you have a basemap...you can tweak it to specific cars...that should take 1 hour tops. 3 FRICKIN MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to flash a tune!!! I

As to why people dont say anything......you feel like ur car is the only one having problems....that its just an unfortunate snag....it get fixed...next thung u know we are here....

SORRY Jackpro.....
Old 02-12-2009, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Jim, that ordeal stinks.
You're either the consummate gentleman or the eternal optimist. Either way you've been helpful to me in the past beyond reason, so I suspect you're a gentleman. Good guys get screwed by bad guys ... all the time.

Andy, what goes around comes around.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:17 AM

2012 JDM
Wow

So sorry to hear this! If you are ever back in Indy, give me a shout through pm.

Good luck.

Oh, and Andy...

Old 02-12-2009, 12:28 AM

e550 4m
Jesus, the theads just dont stop coming - i retract my previous statment of there being no one else and now i gotta read another report
Old 02-12-2009, 12:32 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Jim,

Was very nice meeting you at Famoso. I don't join these discussions, but hate to see this happen to good people. We don't have any paid vendors over on the crossfire forum, so its a jury by fire for our vendors. They deliver we sing, they don't we have a bonfire. I usually pick on them first to make sure they have a tested product before it's released to our forum. It's a different crowd, some with money some just normal joe's. What we do have that is different is cheaper products. Ok so it's a chrysler. Flame on. Same AMG motor and tranny as alot of cars on here. My custom tune is $500.

I datalog every pass that I make when I'm not bracket racing. I look it over see my rpms to AFR thoughout the shifts. If I see something I don't like and I want a peticular AFR reading raised or lowered at an exact rpm in the gear I want, I make a simple graph. Send it back with my ECU and its gets done. All just for shipping, and I send out on Monday get it back on Wednesday.

I'm not selling a tuner. That's not my point. My point is that if your going to add a tune to your car, you owe it to yourself and that German machine to install a real datalogger. Go to a track and make WOT passes into 4th gear. Record those passes and have your tuner look them over if your not able to.

Also If you can pay for a tune, then you can go to www.biondoracing.com and purchase a Performaire PA2 (portable weather station) for $500 bucks or less on ebay. This will allow you to get accurate DA readings prior to your runs. These are crucial for your tuner to know. Also for you so when you run .4 tenths of second slower you'll have something to point to.

At famoso only 1600' DA my AFR's were .3 higher than normal. While that is not crucial, what if weather had dropped to negative DA. I would have logged one pass and loaded up my car. Now my tune is actually conservative. I'm tuned 11-12's AFR on a WOT 1/4 pass. Do any of you know what your tuned for? Stock is in the 10's, and considered ultra safe. If your AFR's were in the 15's and above would you know it? Well you should. At idle the AFR is set from the factory at 14.7, it's when you get on it when you see the whole picture.

I don't do dyno's as I'm not sold on the fans in front recreating the actual air the intake is inducting while on a 1/4 mile pass. Also DA conditions are not the same inside a shop as a wide open track. Not to disrespect dyno's, I understand everyone can't make it to the track or simply doesn't care for it. The positive side of a dyno is no tire spin, just know that atmosperic conditions can surely be better outside than what your tuning for inside the shop. So leave a little safety net there.

Sorry a little topic but stuff you should know before you hand your ecu over to any tuner. It is afterall the heart of your car.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:38 AM

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Bombs away.....

I think at this point, it is safe to say that MHP is done. Jim is one of the nicest, most honest, and most trusted people on this board, and I do believe him when he says he tried to work things out with MHP. I know he must've gave MHP the full benefit of the doubt and as much leverage as possible to resolve the issue, but looks like they failed.

Jim, I'm sorry to read you went through all that mess, and I sincerely hope things work out for you my friend
+1 Jim is one of the coolest members I've meet, really honest and down to earth. I hope everything works out for you.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
As discouraging and frustrating as they may be, I sincerely appreciate you sharing your results with us.

That’s what this forum should be about.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:55 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
MY RUMOR WAS TRUE!!! kinda

MAN MY RUMOR WAS TRUE!!!

I heard from the close circles i run with that MHP was sitting on peoples ECU/TCU flashes and some people were out of an ECU for a very long time. I also even heard that MHP's tuner skipped out and people were left high and dry.

this is the post that seemed to fall on some deff ears I posted this on 1/21/09 before any of this mass MHP drama hit.

Originally Posted by hooleyboy
Just the other day I was running around town. I must have stopped at 3 Mercedes dealers for some pricing info and a few local performance shops in my travels. I caught wind from a Tech that MHP's third party tuner (and this is a total rumor so take it for what it is.) skipped town and cant be found! I even heard there are people who have been out ecu's for their car for like a month.

I guess one of the techs knows the person who was doing the tunes for the 63's and that guy is no longer doing them. Remember this is just a rumor at this point so it might be worth giving MHP/Andy a call and see what the deal is. It would totally suck if this rumor was true because they were doing good things for the C63.
here is the link if you want to read the thread
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...p-ecu-tcu.html

Man thats a great video really putts the proff in the pudding big thumbs up to you. Again I'm sorry to hear a member had to go through this. IF Evan (cuzincuick) says you are a good guy its true.

Last edited by hooleyboy; 02-12-2009 at 12:58 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
I could fill pages and pages with this extremely bizarre 3 month ordeal just to receive an ECU and TCU tune, but I will condense it quite a bit.

***edit, just looked at the post and WHOA, bit too long. Here is condensed version. THE TCU BLOWS AND HERE ARE VIDS COMPARED TO KLEEMANN

Back to back vids, click here and watch all the way through

Vids with MHP VS Klee repeated a few times...watch the speedo. The vid doesn't show me moving forward from car near shutting down for 3/4 sec

*****Long version below

"Jim, your car made 700hp....why the F would you want to get another tune" Vadim, Victor/VRUS and Andy were well aware of how different my car ran when we got it up here at 4300ft with average DA of around 6000ft. Victor and Vadim worked hard to trying everything they could but in the end we kinda chaulked it up to elevation. I was frustrated and wished I lived in Cali.

Biggest problem I had was the sluggish response off the line from my car. Even went so far as to buy a friggin sprint booster just so I could light up the tires.

Enter Andy and MHP.

I really went ahead with his tune after his claims of "total and complete" removal of ALL torque limiting in the tranny. Hey now!! This could be a really good thing for me up here and in good sales person form, Andy informed me that if I wanted the "full race" tranny flash, I should go with the ECU and TCU together. I bit on it.

Basically the next 3 months were an endless sea of broken promises. "Going out today" then nothing....."going out tomorrow for sure" then nothing. Many many of those and then when I threatened to do a chargeback. TADA!!!! In comes my ECU. They were having trouble with the TCU so we just went with the ECU after waiting for ONE MONTH!!

Now this is were I will get grief from the Andy haters. The ECU actually did make decent power after it adapted. The car was much better off the line even with my Kleemann TCU and I was excited to go to Sacto and see if it was all that. Car felt about the same as the VRP on the top end so it would have been great to put them both on the dyno but it wasn't meant to be.

Well most of you know already, it was a disaster. Whether it was my fault or Andy's tune will always be up for debate. Long story short I drove the car onto the trailer perfectly fine and when starting it 750 miles later in Sacramento, it POPPED and threw and CEL and then car would redline everytime I started it.

I returned home very bummed. I was informed by Andy that they would reflash another ECU for me but I would have foot the 1500+$ bill for a new ECU. How nice. Went ahead and spent even more money and they ordered the new ECU.

The next 2 months is where things just went absolutely crazy with Andy. Literally over a dozen....many even more of "dave is wrapping you up this week bro" and "just about done" with a few "should be in your hands by XXX" thrown in for seasoning.

On past Christmas we go with constant "on the ways" and it almost became a little comical. I obviously knew something was going wrong with them as NOONE was posting E55 feedback and basically noone was posting any feedback.

Coming to the conclusion now. Okay so the joke stopped being funny and I was getting pissed off. How can it take a tuner 2 months to do a tune????!!! I start getting more aggresive and the grand daddy of fibs was laid on me.

I was told "hey good news. YOUR STUFF IS DONE" Hey this is new. Not out this week or even "for sure you'll have it in your hands"...BUT DONE. I was informed that UPS would pick them up and a UPS tracking number arrived. As most of you know, it takes til late in evening for scans to start showing and I was checkin that sum-bit-ch every minute. I knew it was too good to be true. One day.....nothing......2 days..nothing......3 days and so on. I call...HOW CAN YOU TELL ME THEY ARE DONE AND UPS IS PICKING THEM UP AND THERE ARE NO SCANNNSSSSS!!!

Finally hear from Andy and I am told that Dave is now tuning for Chrysler and will be back soon. W T F??? Okay, so Dave is coming back now and Andy actually gives me Daves number. Dave keeps the lie going that the boxes are done and just waiting to be picked up. Even threw in a little Leo Decaprio and seemed pissed that they didn't pick up.

Nuther day....no scans. Nuther day....no scans.

Back we are again at the charge back point. Death threat to Andy. Hours long pause. Ring Ring Ring....hey look here I am getting a call.

Here is the wild part. I am told that Dave really just can't tune the ECU and TCU and that they are sorry about that. THATs IT. Now if I was a teeny bopper ricer, I would be like, "Duhhh okay." But I just sat there speechless. I was lied to worse than a used car salesman and not one of them apologized to me for just lying endlessly...nothing. Just moved forward as if nothing had happened and talked about how hard it was to tune AMG ECU's and that it might not happen at all. They might even get out of the business.

WOW, sometimes you just can't put into words how you are feeling.

Laid down a timeline for chargeback no matter what and hey...............yup you guessed it. What shows up but my ECU and TCU....just before the chargeback deadline and a full 2 months later.

Bottom line, I was like, "Well at least I will get the TCU in and see if I can take advantage of having no torque limits" despite this disaster.

Pop it in.....and just about laughed and cried at the same time. Tranny acts bizarre. Car drives through my neighborhood without shifting to 2nd. I have to bump the handle to get it into 2nd. When shifting from reverse to drive, it takes a good 2 secs or more.

Okay coming to a close here.

I take out the ECU and the TCU and get it on the highway. The car chirped going into 2nd and I was elated. Never had that happen before. The car actually banged into 2nd so hard it chirped. I call them and say well after all this time, maybe things will be okay. They are happy and I was still pissed but thinking that this tranny thing will work out great and I could put this chapter to rest.

NOPE. I turn the car around and punch it. Car shifts a bit slow 1st to 2nd (definitely no more chirp at WOT) and then when she goes from 2nd to 3rd.....WHOA. My head actually falls forward from the car shutting down for about a second. Back on the phone we go. What I got was typical. Give it time.....give it time.....drive the hell out of it.....disconnect the battery.

And now ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the MHP ECU and TCU in action for you to make your own judgement. This is with 250 hard hard miles on the car in WOT starts and stops and high speed runs.

You be the judge. Watch the whole vid as I take the TCU out before your eyes and pop in the Kleemann and show you the differnece.

Again, the video does not give you the feel of a high horsepower car literally shutting down for 3/4 sec. It's quite dramatic in the car.

I put the MHP back to back with the Kleemann TCU so you can see it for a few times. Watch the speedo. It really tells the story.

Right before post time, I received a txt from Andy wondering if I wanted to have them fix the TCU. After the last 3 months......would you?????

I apologize to the many many members who were commanding I call this all out months ago, but I am one who likes to wait til the very end. Hoping someone will throw a Hail Mary and everything will work out in the end.

With JR's post and Tim in the C63 section, I knew the game was now over.

Thank you to both of them for stepping up.

Glad to move on from this and get back my sanity......sure wish it would be sanity and 5K, but I don't think that is gonna ba happening either.
Yo Jim, since I was already in contact w/Andythru MBworld as well on the telephone before this all came to fruition. Andy called me tonite, I told him since he still has customers that like/enjoy his tuning, that in order to salvage/hopefully rectify this situation he should def REFUND ANY INDIVIDUAL that wants/seeks one..

Andy told me HE AGREES & WILL DO THIS NO PROBLEM, just call or email him & all your monies will be returned in a timely fashion....

Now mods please be clear this isn't ghost writing for Andy word for word, it's something Andy & I discussed & I felt it would help to ease the anxiety of the members/community who believe they've been totally kicked to the curb w/out possibility of said REFUND, if they're unhappy w/MHP ECU/TCU he'll refund your monies...

If the mods find this post somehow breaks any rules please either pm me & I'll remove it ASAP or if easier remove it @ your discretion...Thank you not trying to break any rules here just trying to help the forum members out that think/thought NO refund was available
Old 02-12-2009, 06:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
w212 E63 / 996tt
Geez, Jackpro's post has refuted all of the claims by Andy…except hopefully one. The money back guarantee!

Many of our experiences w/ the car aftermarket world are not as predictable as we would all like. Horse Power claims are just that….CLAIMS. I choose to work with reputable people who specialize on our platform and have a proven background.

Would I like an extra 10-15 horsepower out of my setup, sure. But I would except a few less ponies for the consistency, quality, reliability and customer service that I have gotten from my tuner. Hell, we all now that our cars were not built evenly.

3 f-ing months and 5k…I still can’t get over that. Something tells me that you will get your money back

Thanks for your evidence exhibition
Old 02-12-2009, 06:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Jim, I am truely sorry to have to read your ordeal, and wish you the best in getting your money back. Thanks for confirming what others have been saying.

Good Luck my friend.

See yeah

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Well, now it's time for my MHP nightmare story **with Vids**