Jrcart- Call Out Time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes S500 Lorinser
Originally Posted by psuball1
Why don't the two of you just forget the cars, get in a ring, fight one another to the death and take all of the losers stuff.

That way we can be sure that no one will talk anymore sh**!!

lol

Ill kick both there asses especially for jim's bs. where do i sign up
Old 02-13-2009, 01:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jrcart
There you go putting words in my mouth again, I have never claimed to be able to outrun Tony Kanaan or any pro car racers......you are a loser! quit trying to dis-credit me, you are making yourself look like a bigger idiot than you are. YOU ARE A LOSER!!!!
Jim, please...... please stop calling me a loser. It hurts my feelings. You big meanie! I'm going to tell on you if you do it again!

(oh, and you know I wasn't serious about the TK thing, right? You do know what sarcasm is, right?)

Old 02-13-2009, 01:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
Originally Posted by S5LorinserF1
lol

Ill kick both there asses especially for jim's bs. where do i sign up

Wait until he takes delivery of his SL BS, then sign up.

Just looking out for ya!!
Old 02-13-2009, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by psuball1
Why don't the two of you just forget the cars, get in a ring, fight one another to the death and take all of the losers stuff.

That way we can be sure that no one will talk anymore sh**!!
Seriously! Can I get in on this? I just lost my job and could really benefit from someone elses money
Old 02-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by E55Pilot
Jangy thinks that he has a "magical" E55. It's better than the little engine that could.

I don't have a magical E55 and hyave always said it is an E55. What I am saying is that I do not believe that you have a clue on how to track an E55, that's it. It is a boat with ESP, Airmatic, and SBC and I am sure that your opinion is that you can do better than the computer. Keep comparing daily driven street cars to geared out race cars and think that you are cool, but it only shows your narrow mindedness. I agree that the Merc would suck if you drove it as you would your Lotus (maintaining high speed at all times), but the E55 is a transition car and is at its best when doing lots of blasts to 120mph, which Willow is great for.

Just because you and your "friend" were never able to get much out of an E55 is no reason to rape the car...
Old 02-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by indyjoe
Jangy, you should just quit while you're behind. Do you realize how dumb it sounds for you to call someone out for a race? It's sad.
Awwwww, are you disappointed in me?

As far as Derek and Jim go, I think it would prove a great deal if Derek was able to get in the CLK and beat Jim's time. Jim holds himself up to be this great race driver that could outrun Tony Kanaan heads up, so for him to get beat in his own ride would be epic. If that doesn't work, then they should drive rented Mustangs.
You simply instigate for no benefit. What is Jim racing against DFSU in equal cars or even two CLKs going to prove? Regardless of what Jim has boasted or you want to claim, DFSU is a legit road racer. Not kinda, not sort of, but legit. So what if Jim loses to him? He can still hold his head up high, since he would be the first that even attempted such a thing.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I sucked at Willow, I got to run less than 10 laps and then my serpentine belt blew, my best lap was a crappy 1:39, there was a friggin mini out there running nearly as fast as me. I sucked at Willow, I'm the first to admitt it, but I don't think anyone can be expected to master a track in under 10 laps, can they?
I'm not saying you should have, I'm just being honest with what I think went on and would go on. I don't think the discrepency is between you and I. It is that certain people who frequent Willow in small engine cars have had a hard time with bigger cars coming in and STOMPING their precious times. This is not new. It started back when these guys were in C32s.....
Old 02-13-2009, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Derek, one more thing, I was not even aware you are a pro road racer LOL. I have a better offer for you, you can use ANY I REPEAT ANY race car you can get your hands on and I will use one of my AMA superbikes...Put you money where your mouth is, I will even do it for the measly $5000 you offered and I will do it at the track of your choice, even Sebring.

I can do this on ANY date after February 25th, let me know the time and the place. One pro road racer against another.....
I'm not a pro racer. Never have been, never will be.

Not sure what running a superbike against a Nissan is going to prove on a Mercedes forum but I'm game. Sebring is booked up from now through the 12 Hours on March 21. I'll find a date as soon after that as possible. I'm also looking for a date at Road Atlanta.

In order to keep a MB angle/spec to this adventure, can you please bring your BS in which we can compete head to head as well?

Thanks and I look forward to it. My charity is the Wounded Support Fund. They take PayPal.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by jangy
I don't have a magical E55 and hyave always said it is an E55. What I am saying is that I do not believe that you have a clue on how to track an E55, that's it. It is a boat with ESP, Airmatic, and SBC and I am sure that your opinion is that you can do better than the computer. Keep comparing daily driven street cars to geared out race cars and think that you are cool, but it only shows your narrow mindedness. I agree that the Merc would suck if you drove it as you would your Lotus (maintaining high speed at all times), but the E55 is a transition car and is at its best when doing lots of blasts to 120mph, which Willow is great for.

Just because you and your "friend" were never able to get much out of an E55 is no reason to rape the car...
Jangy, I am not here to pick at you or ask for some huge call out race. I would just like to see you come out sometime and set down some laps. Just friendly track driving. March 11th I will be going so come on out. I will show the respect if you can actually get down to a 1:35 and if not I dont care its not a car make for the track.

I am just curious as h e l l what that car can really do. The event is cheap (150) or so and its a good group. Plenty of track time and very few "issues" in the more advanced run groups.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
+1 for the money to go to charity.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by DerekFSU
I'm not a pro racer. Never have been, never will be.

Not sure what running a superbike against a Nissan is going to prove on a Mercedes forum but I'm game. Sebring is booked up from now through the 12 Hours on March 21. I'll find a date as soon after that as possible. I'm also looking for a date at Road Atlanta.

In order to keep a MB angle/spec to this adventure, can you please bring your BS in which we can compete head to head as well?

Thanks and I look forward to it. My charity is the Wounded Support Fund. They take PayPal.
"not sure what running a superbike against a Nissan is going to prove on a Mercedes forum"??? You came to me with the Nisan and I believe a friggin Miata as part of your offer, don't turn this around on me!

Bring your Nissan, bring a friggin Atlantic car, bring whatever you can...I'm going to beat ANYTHING you bring out unless you manage to get your hands on a F1 or INDY car...those are about the only two cars I can think of that will beat a bike at any of the circuits you or I listed.

Everyone is claiming you are an established current pro car racer...why pick a fight with a recreational racer??? If you want to offer a one sided wager I think it only fair to let me even the playing field and let me use a bike. I have not race at the pro level for nearly 10 years and have only participated in a handful of club events since then....basically I am saying you are still at the top of your game in a car and I am washed up on a bike, however I know, even washed up I can beat you in ANY car you can produce. So let me know the dates and I am going to start resharpening my bike skills on the track.

...I'll let you know my charity the day of the event.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:09 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
12C P85DL
Ya Ya
Bring the Indy/ChampCar...
Old 02-13-2009, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 SL55
...Everyone is claiming you are an established current pro car racer...why pick a fight with a recreational racer??? ....
Okay, not to be the proof reading patrol or anything but absolutely no one claimed Derek was a pro. Jangy claim closest in saying that Derek was a "legit race car driver."

It really was one recreational driver challenging another.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:15 PM

"not sure what running a superbike against a Nissan is going to prove on a Mercedes forum"??? You came to me with the Nisan and I believe a friggin Miata as part of your offer, don't turn this around on me!

Bring your Nissan, bring a friggin Atlantic car, bring whatever you can...I'm going to beat ANYTHING you bring out unless you manage to get your hands on a F1 or INDY car...those are about the only two cars I can think of that will beat a bike at any of the circuits you or I listed.

Everyone is claiming you are an established current pro car racer...why pick a fight with a recreational racer??? If you want to offer a one sided wager I think it only fair to let me even the playing field and let me use a bike. I have not race at the pro level for nearly 10 years and have only participated in a handful of club events since then....basically I am saying you are still at the top of your game in a car and I am washed up on a bike, however I know, even washed up I can beat you in ANY car you can produce. So let me know the dates and I am going to start resharpening my bike skills on the track.

Come on Jim, I haven't seen anyone backpedal this fast since Jangy.

He said he wasn't a pro racer, but a recreational one like you. Even by your own admission you say you have a huge advantage at RA:

I say we do it at Road America since you are doubting my ability there. I've probaly run more warm-up and cool down laps at Road America than you have raced...remeber you are the one trying to call me out. Right about now is when you realize you bit off more than you can chew.
Running a bike is retarded. This isn't what it's about. How bout you both run the CLK and then the GTR? That would be even.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
These "call out" threads need to stop, they are juvenile and unnecessary.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Brenton
Jim, now you've gone too far. This thread is locked, and we'll have a chat about your future.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by lolachampcar
Ya Ya
Bring the Indy/ChampCar...
I'm not that foolish.......I think they lap Road America like 1:39 or some crazy number like that.
4 miles in a minute and a half = crazy fast!
Old 02-13-2009, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Ok, I think have seen and read enough. No race, no nailed down dates, times, and locations. This is about the 30th call out thread that always goes into the gutter of insults, my (you fill in the blank) is more than yours.

This is tiring, and like I said sounds like a girl fight. When you do a call out, you nail down the terms and rules, and do it already. DAMN!

I am going to jump my butt in my CLS and head out for the day, as reading this is a waste of time. The OP, you gave a call out, set the terms, stuck to your guns, and refrained from insults. Commendable.

Everyone have a safe and happy weekend. Have a HVD as well.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:41 PM

'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
JRCART

just an observation - by definition a "pro" is someone who makes the majority of their income from the activity
  • a pro-photogrpaher is someone who makes the majority of their money from photography
  • a pro-am is someone who has a day job and makes money on the side.
  • an amateur is somone who does it for the love of the hobby

As a pro-photogrpaher I will be the first to admit that there are many amateur photographers out there that are better shooters than I am, but they dont make a living at it. Doesn't mean they cant shoot!

Same is generally true for motor racing. As you no-doubt know, very few drivers are pro drivers, and in the case of Derek, even though he is racing in a pro-series (Koni) he is paying to drive. No one is paying him. Yes he might get some breaks from Mazda, sponsorhip dollars to ease the pain and contingencies based on postion from some of the sponsors and vendors..... but make no mistake, Derek is paying to race and is not getting paid to race. (Hope I am not out of line here Derek!)

Thus he is NOT a pro driver. Derek, like most of us who like to race, is very much an amateur / club / gentleman driver, just Derek has deeper pockets than most, and can thus play championships that we all aspire to!

and JRCart - this is not an attack - heaven knows I dont want to stir any wrath - just an observation. I personally think that you guys will have a blast on any track you choose and you will both end up seeing a different side to each of you!

And PS - Derek aint so fast Ain't that right Derek - looking forward to our on track encounters in SM this year.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:53 PM

Ah how interesting. Money can't buy class. Jrcart is a complete tool. Anybody that even credits this lunatic by replying to him is almost as bad. I have watched all of his threads and I agree somebody needs to give him a beat down, but this type of person will not quit even then. I love how he talks about money all of the time. It proves to me what kind of person he really is. If he had worked for his money, he would not be shoving it in everyone's face all of the time. How old are you Jrcart? When you get done measuring your e-*****, get off mbworld. Nobody wants you here.

Last edited by zxlr88; 02-13-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:55 PM

G55
Nice call out. All that jrcart has to loose are his "rights" to post here. Not even 5k to a charity if I understand the terms correctly.

Have been tempted to make a similar challenge myself and I applaud both if the same car drive race will happen.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Siswati is dead on. Especially the part about me not being that fast! Really, how fast can an almost 40 years old, 30 lbs overweight, white guy be who did his first track day 3 1/2 years ago?

Road Atlanta has the 19th open which obvisouly doesn't work for you. I'm working on a March date for both Sebring and Road Atlanta.

Gollard is correct. The $5k charity is only for me losing so I stand corrected. I'll donate $5k to the Wounded Support Fund if I win. If I lose, it's your choice of charities.

As I understand it, there is where we are:

Location: Up to me. Right now we're focusing on a date at Sebring or Road Atlanta.

Date: Working on something ASAP for March.

Cars: Head to head in Jrcart's BS and JrCart on a spec AMA Superbike against whatever car I bring. I plan to bring the Nissan which should provide you a 7-8 second advantage around Road Atlanta, not sure about Sebring.

Supervision: Other than a temporary installation of a data collection device in the BS (non-intrusive of course), I'm wide open to JrCart's preferences. I'll provide HD cameras for the BS comparison.

Wager: $5k to the charity of Jrcart's choice should he win, $5k from me to my charity should I win. Losing driver never posts here again.

Reason: This board helped get me into motorsports. Folks on here should be afforded a decent level of respect. Win or lose, I win.

Outclause: Either driver is welcome to back out at anytime for any reason without cause, with the stipulation that they never post here again. In the event of a scheduling conflict, due care will be provided by both parties to re-schedule. Due care will be defined by the members of MBWorld.

JrCart, a remaining question sir. Will our head to head in your car decide the winner or is it your contention that the motorcycle to car decides the winner with the BS comparison being just for fun?

Last edited by DerekFSU; 02-13-2009 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Added OUTCLAUSE to post.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I don't get it..... you guys want to race/compare a motorcycle to a car to decide who's the better racer
Old 02-13-2009, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
I don't get it..... you guys want to race/compare a motorcycle to a car to decide who's the better racer
Yeah, that's dumb. I guess Jim proposed that cause he was scurred.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:28 PM

G55
only problem I see is that fact that you will have nothing to gain after this. Looks like by the end of the day jcart will possibly not be posting here anymore anyways...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jrcart- Call Out Time