Sponsored by:

Jrcart- Call Out Time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SS Minnow Johnson
Originally Posted by gollard
only problem I see is that fact that you will have nothing to gain after this. Looks like by the end of the day jcart will possibly not be posting here anymore anyways...
Old 02-13-2009, 04:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
Derek
I applaud your motives, but dispite my dislike of JRCarts apprach, I feel that the forum will be weaker without the both of you - you're both enthusiasts for sure, and we should encourage enthusiasts to stay at every opportunity.

Now if you would only adjust your wager to say.......

"JRCart - If I (Derek) win, you will show the forum and its members some respect and treat them with dignity"

And with regard to your Reason, I too was switched onto motorsports by this forum in 2005 (or rather by its members) and for that I will always cherish this place... is it too much to ask for regular civility that I would expect anywhere else.

and on this auspicious day I will change my sig!
Old 02-13-2009, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by DerekFSU
Siswati is dead on. Especially the part about me not being that fast! Really, how fast can an almost 40 years old, 30 lbs overweight, white guy be who did his first track day 3 1/2 years ago?

Road Atlanta has the 19th open which obvisouly doesn't work for you. I'm working on a March date for both Sebring and Road Atlanta.

Gollard is correct. The $5k charity is only for me losing so I stand corrected. I'll donate $5k to the Wounded Support Fund if I win. If I lose, it's your choice of charities.

As I understand it, there is where we are:

Location: Up to me. Right now we're focusing on a date at Sebring or Road Atlanta.

Date: Working on something ASAP for March.

Cars: Head to head in Jrcart's BS and JrCart on a spec AMA Superbike against whatever car I bring. I plan to bring the Nissan which should provide you a 7-8 second advantage around Road Atlanta, not sure about Sebring.

Supervision: Other than a temporary installation of a data collection device in the BS (non-intrusive of course), I'm wide open to JrCart's preferences. I'll provide HD cameras for the BS comparison.

Wager: $5k to the charity of Jrcart's choice should he win, $5k from me to my charity should I win. Losing driver never posts here again.

Reason: This board helped get me into motorsports. Folks on here should be afforded a decent level of respect. Win or lose, I win.

Outclause: Either driver is welcome to back out at anytime for any reason without cause, with the stipulation that they never post here again. In the event of a scheduling conflict, due care will be provided by both parties to re-schedule. Due care will be defined by the members of MBWorld.

JrCart, a remaining question sir. Will our head to head in your car decide the winner or is it your contention that the motorcycle to car decides the winner with the BS comparison being just for fun?
I'm in....Offer accepted, but the venue is Road America (fast config, no chicane at kink). Are we talking a single best lap or an overall timed session/stint, say 5 laps? We can get creative and average out CLK and Bike times to make things more fair if you wish. BTW, what kind of Nissan will I be running against? Just curious.

...I guess I better go blow the dust off my leathers, LOL!
Old 02-13-2009, 04:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
'21 GLC63, '19 M5
This is BS.

A car against a car or there will be no end to this.

Originally Posted by jrcart
I'm in....Offer accepted, but the venue is Road America (fast config, no chicane at kink). Are we talking a single best lap or an overall timed session/stint, say 5 laps? We can get creative and average out CLK and Bike times to make things more fair if you wish. BTW, what kind of Nissan will I be running against? Just curious.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
01 CLK 430
There's like a 1000 people reading this right now...
Old 02-13-2009, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
I don't get it..... you guys want to race/compare a motorcycle to a car to decide who's the better racer
I believe DerekFSU has had enough of Jrcarts post... This seems to be the real stinger after loosing the race..

should I win. Losing driver never posts here again.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:52 PM

BTW, what kind of Nissan will I be running against? Just curious.
Ummmmmm......... a GTR.

Does Nissan realize they are the laughing stock of the import world right now? This has been the most over-hyped under-delivered car in recent history. While other manufactures are delivering cars that are exceeding the performance numbers of the mags Nissan tosses this garbage at us? I feel sorry for all the all the suckers that paid $20k over MSRP.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

As for the track, I direct you to your counter offer which I accepted, providing you the opportunity to run a motorcycle against a car at the track of my choice: https://mbworld.org/forums/3350119-post89.html

If I bring the Nissan, it's just a GTR. Wish I had a GTP. Thank you for bringing up format. In a drag race, you usually get one run. Get tree'd at the line, and it's all over. How about we each get a warmup session of equal duration. We then do a 15 minute session where the fastest lap in the BS wins and the fastest lap on the bike vs. my car wins.

My previous question is that I'm assuming the head to head for "all of the marbles" is in a spec vehicle, specifically yours which I've never even seen a BS. That is the deciding race with apples to apples. The bike vs car simply extends the bragging rights if you will.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Siswati, I agree with your comment and would stipulate that if Jrcart were to lose, then he could remain a contributor here and would treat everyone exactly as you described. Of course there would be agreement with the mods that his first step "out of line" landed him a permanent ban. In my humble opinion, it's the same thing.

Last edited by DerekFSU; 02-13-2009 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Added last sentence.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:59 PM

SS Minnow Johnson
Originally Posted by Ghostrider
There's like a 1000 people reading this right now...
add another "0" to that
Old 02-13-2009, 05:01 PM

R350

jrcart - can you post the specs of your AMA SBK? Did you build or buy?
Old 02-13-2009, 05:18 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Guys, this is stupid. If you're gonna do it, make it in THE EXACT SAME CARS and since you're going to be pushing it for best times they should be RACE PREP. A rental Mustang GT would be stupid as well as it has very leittle safety equipment. Should be pretty easy to have 2 arrive and drive spec Miata's at the track ready to run. Then, the playing field is even. This AMA bike vs any type of car is a joke....
Old 02-13-2009, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Jrcart reminds me of Sawyer from LOST. Sometimes you hate him, sometimes you love him, but in the end he will always surprise you.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:21 PM

2004 E55
I think the fairest thing to do would be to go head to head with a car neither of you own or have had experience with. That way no excuses could be made after the fact. It's just driver vs. driver. Just my $.02