Jrcart- Call Out Time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55
Originally Posted by komp55
Sebring is definitely a challenging track. Someone unfamiliar with the track, though, is at a severe disadvantage due to the number of turns - it's just too hard to remember them all without significant seat time driving the course.

I still vote for Road Atlanta. More interesting road course than Sebring, fewer turns and thus easier to learn, and we would be to verify lap time claims previously posted. Plus, I'd be able to drive up to witness the epic challenge.
Sebring is an easy track to pickup and for the most part plenty wide to allow you to recover from your indiscretions.

I wouldn't call Road Atlanta an easier track to learn. It's advantage over Sebring is that it's smoother and has elevation changes, but it has a higher danger factor.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Banned

2004 E55
Originally Posted by DerekFSU
You're correct, my mistake. Since you can't get from Cali to VIR that quickly, how about flying to VIR after Willow and we drive one of my cars? I'll let you choose- Mazda Miata, Nissan GTR, or a rental car you bring. Either Saturday, Sunday, or Monday would work.
Run the GTR? Jeez man could you make it easier to run a quick lap? Hell that car damn near drives it's self.

Run the Miata that takes some skill.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:43 AM

Received 131 Likes on 87 Posts
2021 E63S Wagon 2019 S63 AMG Coupé 2015 S Coupé Edition 1 1970 Chevelle LS5
44 active readers currently. Almost 1100 views in 2 days.
This is why America loves reality TV.
Side bets, anybody???
Old 02-13-2009, 11:46 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by 155
THis doesn't feel as one-sided as Jrcart vs. Jangy.
I really hope this goes through! Who needs the Steve Wilkos show when all the entertainment one needs is on this site!

Are you kidding me? No disrespect to Jim, but the numbers he ran at Willow(s) were NOT off of what E55s have run there before. Also, despite all the banter from the pros, Willow is a very driver friendly and also power friendly track. Granted, Jim would have stomped me.

My odd take on this is that Derek is a legit race car driver, who lives at these tracks. Now, you expect Jim to fly out to Derek's house and beat him in one of his own cars or even two equal cars. What will it prove? OK, so Jim gets beat by a pro. SO what?
Old 02-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Banned

2004 E55
Originally Posted by jangy
Are you kidding me? No disrespect to Jim, but the numbers he ran at Willow(s) were NOT off of what E55s have run there before. Also, despite all the banter from the pros, Willow is a very driver friendly and also power friendly track. Granted, Jim would have stomped me.
Yet you didn't run..... and I seriously doubt that you could cut a decent lap at Willow. That's based on how you claim to have driven the track and the videos of you driving that you have posted.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by BMWEATR
I vote for RA? or take him up on coming out to willow. coming down to Florida would put the advantage in Derreks court to far.

Also If you guys where real men you would dispense w/all the car racing and get into a 125 shifter kart and take it out at the kart track, that will separate the real drivers from the weekend warriors.
Funny you say that, I am going shifter kart racing at Wilow next week as well.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz

My odd take on this is that Derek is a legit race car driver, who lives at these tracks. Now, you expect Jim to fly out to Derek's house and beat him in one of his own cars or even two equal cars. What will it prove? OK, so Jim gets beat by a pro. SO what?
Jangy what have you seen an E55 run at willow? There is no way in h e l l an E55 will run a 1:33 without being gutted and caged. Do you realize how quick that is for a 4k lb car?

All these calling outs. Mr. FSU seems to be doing it really well though. I will complement him in his ability to set up the race and do it tactfully.

Lets see what happens.

Just rent willow for a day. Track and fire life safety is about 4500 a day. What really should be done is a two track challenge. Do the big track and the streets. The big track is just for big fast straight line speed but the streets requires a bit more skill.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by E55Pilot
Yet you didn't run..... and I seriously doubt that you could cut a decent lap at Willow. That's based on how you claim to have driven the track and the videos of you driving that you have posted.
Nice....at least you are now giving reasons to your thoughts (which carry so much weight). Is this thread about me? Would my showing make any difference here? You can follow me around all day and correct every single thing that you want but where has it gotten you? You clearly understand cars but haven't contributed much because you are so infatuated with getting into a **** off with me.

Dude, when are you going to understand that I am just a guy that loves AMGs. Correcting me or making your little instructor comments isn't going to belittle me. Why would I care?

Lets get Jim out of this picture and focus on me and you; E55 to E55. Start a new thread and lets you and I meet at Willow and see who's E55 is faster and by how many minutes your skill sets beats me? You keep wanting to put up, so lets do it. We will plan it so that it is fair to both so that we actually show. No sense in me picking a day that you are busy
Old 02-13-2009, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You're correct, my mistake. Since you can't get from Cali to VIR that quickly, how about flying to VIR after Willow and we drive one of my cars? I'll let you choose- Mazda Miata, Nissan GTR, or a rental car you bring. Either Saturday, Sunday, or Monday would work.

Can't do Willow as we're racing at VIR Saturday & Sunday plus doing a GTR meet on Monday. If your BS could get to VIR by Monday, you'd have 20 GTR's with which to run.

Lastly, I'll have my crew install a Traqmate into the car of your choice so we'll have data proving no one is doing anything to the car that the other doesn't have the option of doing.

We can run a Miata, GTR, or BS. Your call. Thanks.
Sorry again...I am running a test & tune at Famoso on Saturday night the 21st out in Cali. YOu are nuts if you think I am going to cut a week in OC and LA short so I can fly into Virginia of all places. How about we do this in March and we do it wheel to wheel in bone stock rental Mustang GT's or something like that? I say we do it at Road America since you are doubting my ability there. I've probaly run more warm-up and cool down laps at Road America than you have raced...remeber you are the one trying to call me out. Right about now is when you realize you bit off more than you can chew.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Jangy what have you seen an E55 run at willow? There is no way in h e l l an E55 will run a 1:33 without being gutted and caged. Do you realize how quick that is for a 4k lb car?

1:33? What does that have to do with anything. Both E55s that I know personally were NOT gutted. One was sponsored with Renntech stage 5 on it and one is a DD. The point is not that the E55 is fast at Willow. My point is that the difference between drivers is greater (derek vs Jim) than is E55k vs CLK BS. That is it.

Lets do see.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Banned

2004 E55
Jangy thinks that he has a "magical" E55. It's better than the little engine that could.

I know that NASA has a HPDE coming up at willow, he should do it. That way he can get his eyes opened up without the embarrassment of getting his *** kicked in front of MBWorld

Just rent willow for a day. Track and fire life safety is about 4500 a day. What really should be done is a two track challenge. Do the big track and the streets. The big track is just for big fast straight line speed but the streets requires a bit more skill.
Now your talking
Old 02-13-2009, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I sucked at Willow, I got to run less than 10 laps and then my serpentine belt blew, my best lap was a crappy 1:39, there was a friggin mini out there running nearly as fast as me. I sucked at Willow, I'm the first to admitt it, but I don't think anyone can be expected to master a track in under 10 laps, can they?

Last edited by jrcart; 02-13-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Jrcart, let's race. You say you're a "road racer" so let's find out. Come down to VIR in one week. We race the same car so no doubt remains afterwards. I can supply the car or you can. I dare say that I'll beat you in your own car.

Here's the wager. If you win, then I never post here again, and I'll contribute $5k to the charity of your choice. If I win, you never post here again AND you learn the English language.
So has Jrcart accepted or declined?

Outbound LAX>IAD | Redeye
Virgin America Flight #114 - 4h 35m | Economy Cabin
Thu, Feb 19 10:40p from Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
6:15a in Washington, DC (IAD)
Return IAD>LAX
Virgin America Flight #99 - 5h 45m | Economy Cabin
Fri, Feb 20 8:10p from Washington, DC (IAD)
10:55p in Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
[ close ]Note: this fare is Non-refundable

$226 orbitz.com

Last edited by Yacht Master; 02-13-2009 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Derek, one more thing, I was not even aware you are a pro road racer LOL. I have a better offer for you, you can use ANY I REPEAT ANY race car you can get your hands on and I will use one of my AMA superbikes...Put you money where your mouth is, I will even do it for the measly $5000 you offered and I will do it at the track of your choice, even Sebring.

I can do this on ANY date after February 25th, let me know the time and the place. One pro road racer against another.....
Old 02-13-2009, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 Evosport I & II; VRP H/E
Originally Posted by jrcart
Derek, one more thing, I was not even aware you are a pro road racer LOL.
That's just a little hard to believe.

Derek has been around here for a LONG TIME. You have OVER 2,500 POSTS on this website. You have referred to Derek's "ugly green hauler" in your prior posts.

With all that information out there, did you really think that Derek was some little candy-*** driver (like I am)?

I tried to find a little icon that symbolizes someone squirming and backpedaling, but couldn't find one. These will have to do:
Old 02-13-2009, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by lbE55
That's just a little hard to believe.

Derek has been around here for a LONG TIME. You have OVER 2,500 POSTS on this website. You have referred to Derek's "ugly green hauler" in your prior posts.

With all that information out there, did you really think that Derek was some little candy-*** driver (like I am)?

I tried to find a little icon that symbolizes someone squirming and backpedaling, but couldn't find one. These will have to do:
No back pedaling here, look up a few posts and you will see my offers...and no, I did not know he was a pro racer...You expect me to assume just becasue he owns a hauler he's a pro racer, I know lots of guys including myself that own haulers

You should change the name of this thread to "ANYONE THAT CAN'T READ PLEASE CHIME IN"
Old 02-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Banned

2004 E55
Derek, one more thing, I was not even aware you are a pro road racer LOL. I have a better offer for you, you can use ANY I REPEAT ANY race car you can get your hands on and I will use one of my AMA superbikes...Put you money where your mouth is, I will even do it for the measly $5000 you offered and I will do it at the track of your choice, even Sebring..
Someone claims to be an AMA Superbike rider and couldn't figure out willow springs in 10 laps is just sad.

It's probably the one of the simplest tracks to learn
Old 02-13-2009, 12:45 PM

2004 E55 Evosport I & II; VRP H/E
No back pedaling here . . ..
I'm glad to hear that from you.

So, go ahead and race with cars of equal performance. The result will be all driver. It's not a big deal if you lose, it's only a race.

I've seen video here of Derek driving and I've read your posts about how skillful you are. Both of you would kick my ***.

Winning or losing the race, itself, is not a measure of you being a man.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by E55Pilot
Someone claims to be an AMA Superbike rider and couldn't figure out willow springs in 10 laps is just sad.

It's probably the one of the simplest tracks to learn
.....not when your car keeps shutting down and going into limp mode. Besides that, even the most simple of tracks can not be mastered in 10 laps, not even by the greatest racers in the world. Haveing a "home track advantage" is huge, it can take dozens or even hundreds of laps to learn the ins and outs and little "secrets" of a race circuit. Please do not chime in on topics you have no knowledge of whatsoever.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
Why don't the two of you just forget the cars, get in a ring, fight one another to the death and take all of the losers stuff.

That way we can be sure that no one will talk anymore sh**!!
Old 02-13-2009, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by psuball1
Why don't the two of you just forget the cars, get in a ring, fight one another to the death and take all of the losers stuff.

That way we can be sure that no one will talk anymore sh**!!
I'm in..............time and place???
Old 02-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Banned

2004 E55
.....not when your car keeps shutting down and going into limp mode. Besides that, even the most simple of tracks can not be mastered in 10 laps, not even by the greatest racers in the world. Haveing a "home track advantage" is huge, it can take dozens or even hundreds of laps to learn the ins and outs and little "secrets" of a race circuit. Please do not chime in on topics you have no knowledge of whatsoever.
Oh I have PLENTY of knowledge about driving, tracks and racing. That's why I'm sitting on a plane going to Infineon to coach two clients in their races this weekend.

Big willow is the eaisiest track to figure out. Any experienced racer can get around the track quickly in 5 or 6 laps
Old 02-13-2009, 01:02 PM
Banned

I'm in..............time and place???
Do you have a job at all? Did you make these boatloads of money you seem to have and retire? Or are you just a trust fund baby that sits at his computer all day hitting refresh? I am guessing the latter...
Old 02-13-2009, 01:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lets get Jim out of this picture and focus on me and you; E55 to E55. Start a new thread and lets you and I meet at Willow and see who's E55 is faster and by how many minutes your skill sets beats me? You keep wanting to put up, so lets do it. We will plan it so that it is fair to both so that we actually show. No sense in me picking a day that you are busy

Jangy, you should just quit while you're behind. Do you realize how dumb it sounds for you to call someone out for a race? It's sad.

As far as Derek and Jim go, I think it would prove a great deal if Derek was able to get in the CLK and beat Jim's time. Jim holds himself up to be this great race driver that could outrun Tony Kanaan heads up, so for him to get beat in his own ride would be epic. If that doesn't work, then they should drive rented Mustangs.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by indyjoe
Jangy, you should just quit while you're behind. Do you realize how dumb it sounds for you to call someone out for a race? It's sad.

As far as Derek and Jim go, I think it would prove a great deal if Derek was able to get in the CLK and beat Jim's time. Jim holds himself up to be this great race driver that could outrun Tony Kanaan heads up, so for him to get beat in his own ride would be epic. If that doesn't work, then they should drive rented Mustangs.
There you go putting words in my mouth again, I have never claimed to be able to outrun Tony Kanaan or any pro car racers......you are a loser! quit trying to dis-credit me, you are making yourself look like a bigger idiot than you are. YOU ARE A LOSER!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jrcart- Call Out Time