*** VRP Intercooler Package for V12 BiTurbo ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Agreed. Only if you have a stand alone correct? Not on our ECU's. It could definitely be done.
Definitely.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG
Hey Thericker did you find anyone with a SL65?
Old 04-10-2009, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL600 (1000 hp), Cayenne S, 996TT EVO GT750, F430 Spyder,A real Ford GT, 08 Gallardo Spyder
Atlanta meet

Originally Posted by GARY JAVO
Jak,
Thanks man. Looks like you guys have a great community over here. I'm trying to get up to speed with this Benz. This is my fastest pass to date. Not as fast as Marco , but moving out pretty good nonetheless.

http://garyjavo.com/videos/2007%20vi...n/8.57pass.wmv

Sorry for the partial thread hijack.

GJ

Gary, if i remember correctly you u live in Ga. We have meet on the 18th in Atlanta if interested. I think Chappy is putting it together. U can look him up on this board for more info.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:33 PM

SL600 (1000 hp), Cayenne S, 996TT EVO GT750, F430 Spyder,A real Ford GT, 08 Gallardo Spyder
Any thoughts as to how the 65 tcu flash on the 600 compares to the rennech tcu map?
Old 04-13-2009, 11:54 AM

2003 S-600
Thanks for the invite. Yeah, I'm down here in Savannah. I have a friend that is up in ATL so I would be up for a get together.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
I was just reading this thread again, and I thought, how cool would it be to have this package in my car
Old 05-01-2009, 01:42 PM

2003 S-600
Any updates on this package. What does it make on 93 octane? Who has taken over this project? Thanks.

GJ
Old 05-01-2009, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by GARY JAVO
Any updates on this package. What does it make on 93 octane? Who has taken over this project? Thanks.

GJ
sit tight and I will have some info for you shortly, hopefully next week
Old 05-02-2009, 10:07 AM

2003 S-600
Cool. Thanks.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SLK55AMG, SL600
Are there still kits available, I would like one for my SL600?
Old 05-12-2009, 09:00 AM

2008 MB S63
Originally Posted by OUTCAST
I'd love to see the numbers this kit makes for a 600. Has only one installed the kit on a 600?
Old 05-12-2009, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by Salerno713
I'd love to see the numbers this kit makes for a 600. Has only one installed the kit on a 600?
JayCL600 will come up with some numbers soon. He might be gettign a kit.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
JayCL600 will come up with some numbers soon. He might be gettign a kit.
My prediction for Jay 10.71....

Tom
Old 05-12-2009, 11:39 AM

CL65
Originally Posted by OUTCAST
Yes, You can PM Vrus (Victor) or call VRP Tuning Tel/Fax: +1-416-410-4224
Old 05-16-2009, 12:32 PM

SLK55AMG, SL600
Originally Posted by MarkoCL65
Yes, You can PM Vrus (Victor) or call VRP Tuning Tel/Fax: +1-416-410-4224
Sorry I missed your call I left you a mesage. I will try again later on today.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:15 PM

sl65
Any updates??? did you try the 20gs mod? Holding for that.....
Old 06-07-2009, 06:35 AM

E320
Hey folks I can't see the pics in the original post anymore. Can someone repost them ?? Thanks.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:43 PM

E55 KLEEMANN full, SL500 KLEEMANN full load
i have ordered a kit 2 month ago, it is not even at Victors shop for now (while he ordered 10 kits as written in the begining of the thread). Every day i was getting the unswer "tomorow". Now Victor is not picking up the phone. Do you think the kit exists???

if it exists, what is the quality? any problems with it? Several of my customers are eagerly waiting for it...
Old 06-21-2009, 05:04 PM

2005 SL600 RENNtech
I purchased a kit (intercoolers and air intake) from Victor for my 2005 SL600 RENNtech and have been driving the car with it for about two months. Installation was handled by Motorwerks in Detroit with Victor and his assembled team (top notch talent).

Quality of the kit is first rate. This is a tight fit, and there were some very minor issues with the installation which Victor and Motorwerks have handled quickly and professionally to my complete satisfaction.

I attempted to save some money and opted not to get the associated tune, thinking I would see how the car ran with the RENNtech ECU and TCU. I have had no reliability issues at all, but the power increases were not as large as I wanted. So, I opted to have Victor meet me again at Motorwerks and start working on getting a better tune. We did this Friday (two days ago). Victor has the expertise to work on this very complex system and is getting me much closer to the numbers I want for this car. He likes to err on the side of safety and reliability, whereas I tend to want to push the limit too far.

The process is a give-and-take one, and I welcome that because I want my car to meet its full potential. Victor has not been a vendor who wants to just sell me a product, install it, and wish me good luck. He is absolutely committed to getting the car up to my standards of performance and has been meticulous in making sure it's safe and reliable. His product is an incredible value, and he can do more for these engines at a given price point than any of his competition. He doesn't have an office staff to take care of his calls, and therefore doesn't have the associated overhead costs. The price we pay is that sometimes we have to wait longer than we want for a return call or for an email update. Likewise, when you're working with a small company at the forefront of developing a new product, there will be inevitable delays because of supplier/fabricator problems, design revisions, and the like. Again, I feel this is the price we pay for wanting the modifications we do at a reasonable price. I am a very impatient man, but I also realize that this isn't like modding an LS1 or an Evo.

Through it all, Victor has been very honest and straightforward in his dealings with me, and I can't say that about the majority of the vendors I've used in modding my vehicles. He has stood by his price quotes and has fully backed his products. I feel lucky to have found him through this forum.

Many thanks as well to Satish and Bill at Motorwerks, Marko for his assistance and advice, the two MB techs who performed the install, and to the Motor City Steel dyno crew.

I'll be at a track rental this coming Saturday and we'll see where the Benz is sitting. I plan to continue to work with Victor as we accumulate further dyno data and the drag strip results. I haven't posted to this thread until now because I wanted to have more final figures than we do so far. However, with the issue raised above, I felt I should relay my experiences. I hope that in so doing, I have shed more light than heat upon the discussion.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by RENNdoc
I purchased a kit (intercoolers and air intake) from Victor for my 2005 SL600 RENNtech and have been driving the car with it for about two months. Installation was handled by Motorwerks in Detroit with Victor and his assembled team (top notch talent).

Quality of the kit is first rate. This is a tight fit, and there were some very minor issues with the installation which Victor and Motorwerks have handled quickly and professionally to my complete satisfaction.

I attempted to save some money and opted not to get the associated tune, thinking I would see how the car ran with the RENNtech ECU and TCU. I have had no reliability issues at all, but the power increases were not as large as I wanted. So, I opted to have Victor meet me again at Motorwerks and start working on getting a better tune. We did this Friday (two days ago). Victor has the expertise to work on this very complex system and is getting me much closer to the numbers I want for this car. He likes to err on the side of safety and reliability, whereas I tend to want to push the limit too far.

The process is a give-and-take one, and I welcome that because I want my car to meet its full potential. Victor has not been a vendor who wants to just sell me a product, install it, and wish me good luck. He is absolutely committed to getting the car up to my standards of performance and has been meticulous in making sure it's safe and reliable. His product is an incredible value, and he can do more for these engines at a given price point than any of his competition. He doesn't have an office staff to take care of his calls, and therefore doesn't have the associated overhead costs. The price we pay is that sometimes we have to wait longer than we want for a return call or for an email update. Likewise, when you're working with a small company at the forefront of developing a new product, there will be inevitable delays because of supplier/fabricator problems, design revisions, and the like. Again, I feel this is the price we pay for wanting the modifications we do at a reasonable price. I am a very impatient man, but I also realize that this isn't like modding an LS1 or an Evo.

Through it all, Victor has been very honest and straightforward in his dealings with me, and I can't say that about the majority of the vendors I've used in modding my vehicles. He has stood by his price quotes and has fully backed his products. I feel lucky to have found him through this forum.

Many thanks as well to Satish and Bill at Motorwerks, Marko for his assistance and advice, the two MB techs who performed the install, and to the Motor City Steel dyno crew.

I'll be at a track rental this coming Saturday and we'll see where the Benz is sitting. I plan to continue to work with Victor as we accumulate further dyno data and the drag strip results. I haven't posted to this thread until now because I wanted to have more final figures than we do so far. However, with the issue raised above, I felt I should relay my experiences. I hope that in so doing, I have shed more light than heat upon the discussion.
2 questions...

What were your Post dyno gains w/VRP Intercoolers/CAI?

What Octane ECU-Tune are you opting for? It is my understanding the BEST gains w/this kit were achieved using 105-109 Octane which is quite impossible to run FULL-time for most of us using these cars as daily drivers
Old 06-22-2009, 03:48 AM

2005 SL600 RENNtech
Originally Posted by Thericker
2 questions...

What were your Post dyno gains w/VRP Intercoolers/CAI?

What Octane ECU-Tune are you opting for? It is my understanding the BEST gains w/this kit were achieved using 105-109 Octane which is quite impossible to run FULL-time for most of us using these cars as daily drivers
First, the easy question: I am using Sunoco 94 octane, as this car is a DD.

Second, I don't have a clean, valid, before and after dyno comparison. My car had never been on a dyno before the kit, but in theory made 625 crank hp before the kit, as it had the RENNtech ECU/TCU upgrade. After the kit and a cat delete, but before re-tuning and before setting up the intercooler pump for constant running, it made 636 whp and 800 wtq according to a Dynapack Evolution dyno. Then, after wiring the pump for constant running and doing some preliminary tuning, we got 593 whp and 731 wtq on a Mustang dyno in Detroit on 6-19-09. Unfortunately, we were also getting much higher numbers due to some traction problems, so I wasn't confident in these last numbers from Detroit. For example, on a simulated quarter mile run, the dyno showed 780 whp and 902 wtq. I don't believe those numbers represent reality, though.

I repeated the dyno in central Ohio on 6-20-09, this time using a Mustang Dynamometer AWD-500-SE. We got fairly consistent results of 587 whp and 655 wtq. Some important points are that the dyno runs in central Ohio and in Detroit were done in hot weather. Also keep in mind that we don't have the tuning worked out for the car yet. Hence, I have been hesitant to put these numbers out because they don't represent the improvement that this kit has made. Of course, using different dynos under different conditions introduces additional variables which make comparisons very hypothetical.

My car has been faster at the track with the kit even before the pump was rewired and the tune changed. The car felt considerably faster with one of the ECU tunes that Victor put in the ECU, but unfortunately I don't have dyno data to back that up.

On pump gas and street tires I ran 11.88 in the quarter mile last year before the kit. My goal is to be in the 10's under the same conditions this year. I am confident that we'll get there when we get the tuning worked out completely. This Saturday, weather permitting, I want to see what times I can get in this rather imperfect state of tune.

When we have the tuning complete I will be willing to post times slips and dyno graphs showing what my car did with this kit. Until then, we have to continue to gather data and be tentative in our conclusions. Victor has done this installation on other cars which did have before and after dyno comparisons (such as Marko's car), and that data is more reliable than mine.

Again, it isn't my intention to "prove" anything here. I'm offering my account of my experiences so far with VRP and Victor. I have been very satisfied with the process and can attest that these kits do exist, they are being installed in customers' cars, and they do work. In the two months that I've had my kit, I've had no reliability issues and no codes. And every time I've had an issue or a question, Victor has come through to make sure I was comfortable and satisfied with his product.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5

Second, I don't have a clean, valid, before and after dyno comparison. My car had never been on a dyno before the kit, but in theory made 625 crank hp before the kit, as it had the RENNtech ECU/TCU upgrade. After the kit and a cat delete, but before re-tuning and before setting up the intercooler pump for constant running, it made 636 whp and 800 wtq according to a Dynapack Evolution dyno. Then, after wiring the pump for constant running and doing some preliminary tuning, we got 593 whp and 731 wtq on a Mustang dyno in Detroit on 6-19-09. Unfortunately, we were also getting much higher numbers due to some traction problems, so I wasn't confident in these last numbers from Detroit. For example, on a simulated quarter mile run, the dyno showed 780 whp and 902 wtq. I don't believe those numbers represent reality, though.

I repeated the dyno in central Ohio on 6-20-09, this time using a Mustang Dynamometer AWD-500-SE. We got fairly consistent results of 587 whp and 655 wtq. Some important points are that the dyno runs in central Ohio and in Detroit were done in hot weather. Also keep in mind that we don't have the tuning worked out for the car yet. Hence, I have been hesitant to put these numbers out because they don't represent the improvement that this kit has made. Of course, using different dynos under different conditions introduces additional variables which make comparisons very hypothetical.

My car has been faster at the track with the kit even before the pump was rewired and the tune changed. The car felt considerably faster with one of the ECU tunes that Victor put in the ECU, but unfortunately I don't have dyno data to back that up.

On pump gas and street tires I ran 11.88 in the quarter mile last year before the kit. My goal is to be in the 10's under the same conditions this year. I am confident that we'll get there when we get the tuning worked out completely. This Saturday, weather permitting, I want to see what times I can get in this rather imperfect state of tune.

When we have the tuning complete I will be willing to post times slips and dyno graphs showing what my car did with this kit. Until then, we have to continue to gather data and be tentative in our conclusions. Victor has done this installation on other cars which did have before and after dyno comparisons (such as Marko's car), and that data is more reliable than mine.

Again, it isn't my intention to "prove" anything here. I'm offering my account of my experiences so far with VRP and Victor. I have been very satisfied with the process and can attest that these kits do exist, they are being installed in customers' cars, and they do work. In the two months that I've had my kit, I've had no reliability issues and no codes. And every time I've had an issue or a question, Victor has come through to make sure I was comfortable and satisfied with his product.
Nice write up! Glad to see you undertake this project!

Tom
Old 06-22-2009, 01:49 PM

SLK55AMG, SL600

Nice to see some one is getting the kit of a SL600. I just left Victor a message that I am ready to pull the trigger for mine. He was very nice and spent some time talking to me about the kit. Going to have it install in Chicago, was reffered to a shop by Marcus and Victor.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:44 PM
Almost a Member!

'03 E500 Sport, '03 S600 Bi-Turbo
What about just the CAI or "Scorpion" intake system? What is the cost of just that
Old 07-01-2009, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

86 190E 2.3-16v, 92 500E, 03 CL55 AMG, 08 E3504M Brabus
A good friend of mine came to me about modding his CL65 and we decided to go with VRP. The kit is the VRP850 kit, I'm not sure if that is the same is what you are discussing here or something similar. The car is being shipped out of NJ to Motorwerksgroup in detroit the 10th and hopefully will be back the 17th if all goes accordingly Ill keep you all posted. I'm going to do some baseline pulls before we send it to see what it does when it comes back. I was told by Motorwerks that this kit makes 850whp. We'll see. Thats nearly 1000 crank hp no? Pretty insane. Can't wait to drive it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *** VRP Intercooler Package for V12 BiTurbo ***