*** VRP Intercooler Package for V12 BiTurbo ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
*** VRP Intercooler Package for V12 BiTurbo ***

After many months of testing and revising we have finally come to the production version of the intercooler upgrade package for all MB BiTurbo cars.

The original prototype pieces that were created and fitted onto the CL65 were a bit too big and had clearance issues. They also had very square edges and introduced some issues with respect to bleeding the intercooler circuit.

Below is a pic of the original design for reference:

The new design introduces round edges for better clearance and flow. In addition there were CNC'd intercooler nipples and turbo discharge flanges which mates everything up very nicely.

Here is a closeup shot of the CNC'd turbo discharge flange that we created.

Here is a closeup of the Y-pipe which has rounded pipes to allow a smooth merging of discharge air from each turbo. The stock "Y-pipe" is better described as a "T" rather than a "Y". The discharge air meets in abrupt 90deg angles.

Just to give you an idea of the difference between our upgraded coolers and the stock ones, I have included a picture which shows a comparison of the 2.

And finally, here is what the new design looks like when they are mounted to the car.

These pictures are of a kit that is going out to a board member here.. This first kit we are hoping to ship out mid next week once the new intake pipes and filters are fully assembled.

I am also happy to announce that we were able to shave off a few more bucks from the kit price

This upgrade package will include:
  • ECU Upgrade
  • Intercoolers
  • Air intake system w/filters
  • Upgraded pump
  • Remote mount reservoir
  • All hoses, fittings and hardware for installation

Priced at: $7,495

If you would like to order a package we require a $1,000 deposit to secure your spot. I am making 10 sets and they will ship out in the order the deposits are received.

Deposits can be sent via Paypal to: sales@vrptuning.com

If you do not have a paypal account please send an email to sales@vrptuning.com and we can make alternate arrangements.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65
Very nice Victor.

Maybe you could help clear up some confusion that was started in another thread.

What is the power output of this package on regular pump fuel? In the first post you mentioned you were calling this the 825HP package with 692rwhp. In another thread someone mentioned that was running on 110-103 octane. A figure of only 571rwhp was thrown out there running on the intercoolers and intake setup.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:38 AM

E320
"Remote mount reservoir"

What is it exactly... A coolant fluid tank in the trunk ??
Old 02-21-2009, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by bfnnrgn
A figure of only 571rwhp was thrown out there running on the intercoolers and intake setup.
this was achieved on a renntech tune not the VRP tune.

Originally Posted by DCMETRO22Z
yes
Old 02-21-2009, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL65
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
this was achieved on a renntech tune not the VRP tune.

yes

The coolant tank we're referring to is a small overflow tank which converts the current system to a pressure less system. It is going to be mounted in the engine bay.

The only Dyno I am aware of with this version of intercoolers is my 692RWHP. There is a 571rwhp dyno out there that was done with something completely different than either of our two versions.

Last edited by MarkoCL65; 02-21-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:00 PM

CL65
"Remote mount reservoir"

A small overflow/fill tank that will be in the engine compartment. This makes the system more user friendly and helps prolong pump life. It eliminates the need to bleed the system at the dealer.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:25 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
GL550, C55, 335i Coupe, vintage Mustang

Victor, I am currently emailing many of my clients to make them aware of this kit.

Nick
Old 02-22-2009, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Great stuff guys... can't wait to get my hands on it...

-m
Old 02-22-2009, 04:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by MarkoCL65
The coolant tank we're referring to is a small overflow tank which converts the current system to a pressure less system. It is going to be mounted in the engine bay.

The only Dyno I am aware of with this version of intercoolers is my 692RWHP. There is a 571rwhp dyno out there that was done with something completely different than either of our two versions.
Does your 692rwhp 912rwto dyno include the exhaust work you had done? IE (1) off Cat-less Down-pipes

& do you have any idea of what the upgraded IC's alone made on the dyno? RWHP/RWTO or/and Scorpion Intake? I'm going to be buying this kit in stages

Lastly since this 692/912 Dyno was on 100+ Octane, any dyno while using only 93 Octane?
Old 02-22-2009, 04:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Vadim, is the IC install EZ for a do-it yourself job as it looks? I don't wish to compromise my 100k mile DC Warranty, so I'd be swapping the stock IC's back on for Warranty work. About how long would you guess this part flipping to take? What about fluid draining/filling? (I've done plenty of CAI, throttle-body, MAF, radiator, A/C, Alternator, serpantine belt, replacements in my time, on various auto's but never InterCoolers?)

Also could you send me a PM on various Stage pricing for IC's & Scorpion CAI alone? This will make it easier to digest than doling out the full amount in (1) lump some, & possibly a bit more fun seeing how much HP Torque each part adds... Thank you for your time!

Last edited by Thericker; 02-22-2009 at 05:23 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Victor congrats again! I wonder to which customer these coolers are going.....
Old 02-22-2009, 01:01 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Hey Rob!

Marko runs 100octane in the car all the time. BUT, its not to say that he has a perfectly dialed in 100octane tune in his car. He is still running conservative timing even for a 93octane car and his A/F is out of whack. Saying all that, he still managed a 692rwhp 912rwtq dyno pull.

To be honest, we really dont know what Marko's car will do on a 93octane tank of gas on the dyno, but, I can tell you that we were "racing" it in Detroit when we got together down there and he was running 93octane in the tank. He still managed to put buslengths on a Kleemann tuned CL600.

The 571rwhp dyno that Vadim did was with an entirely different setup than this one. Different intercoolers and tuning.

Originally Posted by bfnnrgn
Very nice Victor.

Maybe you could help clear up some confusion that was started in another thread.

What is the power output of this package on regular pump fuel? In the first post you mentioned you were calling this the 825HP package with 692rwhp. In another thread someone mentioned that was running on 110-103 octane. A figure of only 571rwhp was thrown out there running on the intercoolers and intake setup.
Its a small coolant overflow tank that you can mount somewhere in the engine bay. I was considering just using a small 2gallon remote mount reservoir and trying to fit it in the engine bay or inner fenderwell area... Still tossing this idea back and forth.

"Remote mount reservoir"

Nick.. Let me know when you are ready.. The initial run is being limited to 10sets for now.

Originally Posted by nick 55

Victor, I am currently emailing many of my clients to make them aware of this kit.

Nick
You are next Marcus..

Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
Great stuff guys... can't wait to get my hands on it...

-m
It includes the downpipes.

You cant buy the intercoolers without the intake setup. Those 2 have to go together because once the coolers go on, there is no hope in hell of keeping the stock airbox. The only thing you can separate is the tuning from the price. Even then, I havent tested the bolton kit on a stock tune to make sure A/F are safe.

Originally Posted by Thericker
Does your 692rwhp 912rwto dyno include the exhaust work you had done? IE (1) off Cat-less Down-pipes

& do you have any idea of what the upgraded IC's alone made on the dyno? RWHP/RWTO or/and Scorpion Intake? I'm going to be buying this kit in stages

Lastly since this 692/912 Dyno was on 100+ Octane, any dyno while using only 93 Octane?
The install is VERY easy.. 2 - 3 hours with basic hand tools.

Vadim, is the IC install EZ for a do-it yourself job as it looks? I don't wish to compromise my 100k mile DC Warranty, so I'd be swapping the stock IC's back on for Warranty work. About how long would you guess this part flipping to take? What about fluid draining/filling? (I've done plenty of CAI, throttle-body, MAF, radiator, A/C, Alternator, serpantine belt, replacements in my time, on various auto's but never InterCoolers?)

Also could you send me a PM on various Stage pricing for IC's & Scorpion CAI alone? This will make it easier to digest than doling out the full amount in (1) lump some, & possibly a bit more fun seeing how much HP Torque each part adds... Thank you for your time!
Thanks bud!

Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Victor congrats again! I wonder to which customer these coolers are going.....
Old 02-22-2009, 01:35 PM

1988 535i 5 speed
Once again, great job guys! Unbelievable HP gains, this will scare away even the F-cars now, I just wish I had a V12 to play with, with this much power what else do you need?
Old 02-22-2009, 02:07 PM

CL65

You are right. We should clear that up. Cat-less downpipes are not included with this kit. I did not dyno my car with the stock catalytic converters in place or on 93 octane. VRP will be offering a high flow catalytic converter set-up with X-flow section soon. It will feature inserts (test pipes) for cat-delete. You will be able to switch back and forth relatively easily.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 SL55
Originally Posted by vrus
...To be honest, we really dont know what Marko's car will do on a 93octane tank of gas on the dyno, but, I can tell you that we were "racing" it in Detroit when we got together down there and he was running 93octane in the tank. He still managed to put buslengths on a Kleemann tuned CL600....
Sorry I missed you and Marko when you guys were out this way. Mike gave me a full report. Sounds like his car and Marko's were both running obscenely well. Good work!!
Old 02-22-2009, 02:18 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Hey John!! I was hoping they were going to be able to get you over but I know your schedule didnt coincide..

We will be making another appearance in the near future so I look forward to seeing you!

Make sure you are available for the spring gathering at the airfield!!

Marko's CL65 and a bunch of other quick ones will be there.

Originally Posted by jmf003
Sorry I missed you and Marko when you guys were out this way. Mike gave me a full report. Sounds like his car and Marko's were both running obscenely well. Good work!!
Old 02-22-2009, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W221 S65 AMG
Victor,

Do you expect there to be any difference in power output for the 600 vs. 65 AMGs with this kit?
Old 02-22-2009, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by vrus
Hey John!! I was hoping they were going to be able to get you over but I know your schedule didnt coincide..

We will be making another appearance in the near future so I look forward to seeing you!

Make sure you are available for the spring gathering at the airfield!!

Marko's CL65 and a bunch of other quick ones will be there.
Where is this airfield? Would love to come also...
Old 02-22-2009, 09:42 PM

07 SLK55, 08 R32
Damn it save me a kit I am thinking of picking up a CL65 or and SL65 one I am back from NY this June!!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2009, 04:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by e55 baller
Victor,

Do you expect there to be any difference in power output for the 600 vs. 65 AMGs with this kit?
From earlier threads on this same topic I believe VRUS said "If the Turbo's are the same size the gains should be very close"

Jury's out on this Q: I think they're listed under different part #'s but Turbo sizing looks to be the same

If my memory is faulty please correct me? & I'll edit my post VRUS

But from my own research the extra .5 Liter displacement advantage the 65 has over the 600/5.5 Liter ---- 65/6.0 Liter would be negligible, it's all up to Turbo sizing.....Just as I remember VRUS saying..
Old 02-23-2009, 05:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo

Who's Intercoolers are these? Are they RENNtech? What's the major diference from yours besides the cool piping? What is that piping supposed to do vs VRP plain box-style?

I would imagine the VRP basic box-style must have more total coolant capacity?

Also are those Scorpion Intakes, VRP? or RENNtech? they look identical

& Where do the bottom of the Scorpion CAI connect to? in your close-up picture it is hard to tell or see any mounting point? (I've never completely taken off my stock air-boxes & looked under them..

These pix are from an SL65
Attached Thumbnails *** VRP Intercooler Package for V12 BiTurbo ***-0208090218.jpg   *** VRP Intercooler Package for V12 BiTurbo ***-0208090217.jpg   *** VRP Intercooler Package for V12 BiTurbo ***-0208090219.jpg  

Last edited by Thericker; 02-23-2009 at 07:27 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
So is this for the w211 amg as well? I'm just wondering since it's posted in this subforum.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by itsmeek
So is this for the w211 amg as well? I'm just wondering since it's posted in this subforum.
This W211 55/63 sub-forum is known as the highest traffic area for "Performance Tuning /Drag racing forum" as well, so all of the 65/600 tuners/members dwell here as well...

The threads are clearly marked, why did you even bother clicking
Old 02-23-2009, 08:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
It was a valid question, I only wondered whether the cooling setup was going to be modified for our cars as well. Had no idea it was the highest traffic area.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:12 AM

E320
@The ricker

The three airboxes are all VRP. Those are different prototype built before the finish product shown in this thread.

The airboxes are connected to the turbochargers who aspire the air . The compressed air flows through the coolers to get cooled and then in the engine itself.

On this pic you can see clearly the airboxes connected to the turbos

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *** VRP Intercooler Package for V12 BiTurbo ***