Tough Economy, Cops all over the place, no place to speed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 Saks Edition
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Over here, motorcycle cops will actually drive next to you to look through the window for seat belt or cell phone violation or anything else they can get you with..... they're more desperate than ever
Are you serious? Talking about desperate!
Old 02-25-2009, 04:54 PM
Banned

several
Making the new WOT fly by vids just now we saw 13 cops on the road in a 60 minute stint. Unbelievable...
Old 02-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by YNOT600
Making the new WOT fly by vids just now we saw 13 cops on the road in a 60 minute stint. Unbelievable...
I think they're just eager to see what the new MHP C63 Stage 2 is capable of plus that intoxicating mozart to your ears sound is.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
[QUOTE=TMC M5;3375898]I have no doubt that your "guy" is in an untenable position. I just do not like the idea of law enforcement being used as a revenue generator...it can lead to some very bad results....(it is not your guy's fault)

Tom[/QUOTE

I agree! I had a hard time even agreeing to date him based on my bias and perception. On topic to the economy part of the post, our City is hurting from poor investment choices, decreased property taxes, excess spending, failing business revenue, and many other things. Even if the local PD picks up the ticket pace of 100k population....it won't make a dent in the crisis. They opted for a .50 sales tax increase.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
Idea for you guys...
If you get pulled over by a chick cop pop in Lil Wayne
Mrs. Officer and flash a big smile.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:51 PM

99 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by BENZGal
Idea for you guys...
LOL! I just show the chic cop my cleavage...no wait, I mean!...

Last edited by LeeRod80; 02-25-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 712 Likes on 693 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Karlson
I am sorry, but this is BS that there is no quota for tickets. At least in Virginia, you can clearly see when they are short on budget, cops are stopping people who drive 8(!) mph over the limit. It is usually in the end of the month.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:18 PM

Couple AMG's
got a no license plate, front windsheld tint, tires screeching (burnout) ticket today
Old 02-25-2009, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Originally Posted by 01bolt
Your right in VA i just got a ticket for no currant county sticker it was paid for but i forgot to put it on .
well, take it to court and prove that you didn't put it. I got a ticket that my tags were expired, I had to fight to prove that DMV didn't send me new two years stickers for the tags, because I passed emissions and made a payment online. Might work if you already sent a payment to your county. Let me guess, was in Alexandria or Arlington county?
Old 02-25-2009, 09:46 PM

04 S430 4Matic/03 Ml 320/ 98' E320 4matic/ 73' slc 450/ 05 cherokee
yeah its really ing to **** me off. cant even hit it anymore.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
Originally Posted by TheDzadz
got a no license plate, front windsheld tint, tires screeching (burnout) ticket today
you are lucky, because cop could gave your general reckless driving ticket, they can do it, even on a parking lot
Old 02-25-2009, 10:01 PM

04 S430 4Matic/03 Ml 320/ 98' E320 4matic/ 73' slc 450/ 05 cherokee
you are lucky, because cop could gave your general reckless driving ticket, they can do it, even on a parking lot

yepp. got a reackless 2 months ago...

coulda got the no front plate and tint ticket too...thankfully he didnt do tht to me...dude was a fool though.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Scott E350 Saks
Are you serious? Talking about desperate!
Oh yeah..... I can tell they're being a lot more aggressive/desperate as I see more and more bike cops actually drive next to a car and start looking through the window one car at a time in traffic. This is nothing..... my friend got a ticket the other day because he went from 0 to 55 mph (speed limit) "too fast". I think they wrote him up as exhibition of speed or something like that. He was in a C230 Kompressor He said the tires did not even spin. Then I started hearing on the news that an old woman got a ticket for worn out tires
Old 02-25-2009, 11:44 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
I got one too recently for the first time in about 12yrs or so. 58 in a 45 and $80 lighter in my wallet. I figured, oh well, if they only knew... I'm actually taking my online Driver Improvement Program right now then have to pay the $50 cash (yes, cash only) to take a 10min, 20 question multiple choice test saying I'll be a good boy. What a racket!!
Old 02-25-2009, 11:48 PM

CLK 320
Originally Posted by nismorg
With state govts in a financial darkhole, cops are out in full force to give speeding tickets.

It seems lately, everytime I press the throttle, there's a cop hiding in the bushes, around the corner. Twice tonight I hit the throttle and valentine1 started going off and sure enough, Guy was sitting far of the street in a Shopping center parking lot.

How are you guys dealing with the cops and keeping off the throttle. I crap my pants driving the 63 thinking I'm gonna get nabbed again.

I got nabbed 2 weeks ago

I got busted today. First ticket in 4 years.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 Black C63 Eurocharged V5
i dont kno about you guys --but up here in the Tdot...the courts are overrun. if u plead not guilty---it takes 13-15 months to get a court date. luckily the Supreme court of canada has ruled that anything more than 11 months is a violation of your Charter of rights ---"the right to a speedy Trial". Not many people know about this---as you have to file a special "charter right violation" motion ect ect.

Bottom line......Im not a lawyer but I have gone 6/7 in court!!

I got a BS ticket 4 months ago.....cop hiding in the bushes like a dodo......Zapped me with 68km/h in a 60km/h zone. Got the trial date last week-14 months out!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started pumping my fist in the air.

Seriously---if everyone just plead NOT GUILTY and had their day in court---these BS tickets would end.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:35 AM
Banned

SL600
Idea for you guys...
I tried it. All she said was "Turn that noise off." Oh well, her fat a$$ looked like she had one too many bear claws for breakfast anyways.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:33 AM

2009 E63 AMG
get a V1
Old 02-26-2009, 01:49 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
Nooooooo...if it's a parking lot, you're safe as long as nobody complains. I got out of that EXACT situation once back when I was in college. I was double-parked because some giant truck was taking up two spots, and I wound up parking over two spots as well to squeeze in next to it. When we were in the store, the truck left, and then it looked like I was taking up 2 whole spots for no reason.

So when we were walking back to the car, this douchebag cop comes screeching up to next to me with his lights on and jumps out and barks "stop walking" and "I need your driver's license and insurance". I said "why?" and he goes "I'm not going to ask you again, son." That REALLY pissed me off, so I said "we're on private property and I'm not showing you my ID, so I guess we have a problem."

Then he tells me he suspects I'm intoxicated based on the condition in which I left my vehicle, and how he's conducting an 'investigation', so I legally have to give him my info. I said ya rite, that's B.S., and "you double-parked so you must be drunk" wasn't going to fly, so try again. At that point, he unhooks his walkie talkie microphone from his shirt, and goes "well that's it, you can either cooperate or I'm calling backup". I told him go ahead, and that maybe he should call the pope too while he was at it. So this little mexican standoff continued.

Eventually two more cars show up with their lights flashing, and now everybody is coming out of the store to see what's going on. One of the cops who arrived was a shift supervisor, and he came up to me and was like "What's the issue with showing him your license?" "do you have a warrant or something?". And I said no, and that the guy was just a total dick right from the beginning, and that we're on private property so I'm not playing the game. The supervisor tried to bluff me out, saying that's not true if they get a complaint from the merchant, so I better just cooperate. So I said "fine, then who complained? Show it to me". So Mr. supervisor dickwad actually went inside the Publix and asked if they would sign a complaint about me double parking, and the manager told him no and that he didn't care. ROFL. So the supervisor goes "Ok, you can go now".

Bottom line, if you're on private property then you either need to be doing something plainly illegal, or else the cop needs a complaint from the owner before they can hassle you. But they usually can't just go around enforcing traffic laws on private property. Oh yeah, and after the whole thing died down and they said we could go, the cop I got into it with went over to the corner of the parking lot and sat there with his lights off watching us. It was so obvious he was going to wait till we pulled out onto public streets and then it was going to be "Round #2", except I couldn't hide behind the private property thing then. So I just called some friends to come pick me up behind the store, and I came back and got the car the next morning. He didn't see us leave, I bet that douchebag sat there for an hour waiting. Bahaha.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by CWW
Nooooooo...if it's a parking lot, you're safe as long as nobody complains. I got out of that EXACT situation once back when I was in college. I was double-parked because some giant truck was taking up two spots, and I wound up parking over two spots as well to squeeze in next to it. When we were in the store, the truck left, and then it looked like I was taking up 2 whole spots for no reason.

So when we were walking back to the car, this douchebag cop comes screeching up to next to me with his lights on and jumps out and barks "stop walking" and "I need your driver's license and insurance". I said "why?" and he goes "I'm not going to ask you again, son." That REALLY pissed me off, so I said "we're on private property and I'm not showing you my ID, so I guess we have a problem."

Then he tells me he suspects I'm intoxicated based on the condition in which I left my vehicle, and how he's conducting an 'investigation', so I legally have to give him my info. I said ya rite, that's B.S., and "you double-parked so you must be drunk" wasn't going to fly, so try again. At that point, he unhooks his walkie talkie microphone from his shirt, and goes "well that's it, you can either cooperate or I'm calling backup". I told him go ahead, and that maybe he should call the pope too while he was at it. So this little mexican standoff continued.

Eventually two more cars show up with their lights flashing, and now everybody is coming out of the store to see what's going on. One of the cops who arrived was a shift supervisor, and he came up to me and was like "What's the issue with showing him your license?" "do you have a warrant or something?". And I said no, and that the guy was just a total dick right from the beginning, and that we're on private property so I'm not playing the game. The supervisor tried to bluff me out, saying that's not true if they get a complaint from the merchant, so I better just cooperate. So I said "fine, then who complained? Show it to me". So Mr. supervisor dickwad actually went inside the Publix and asked if they would sign a complaint about me double parking, and the manager told him no and that he didn't care. ROFL. So the supervisor goes "Ok, you can go now".

Bottom line, if you're on private property then you either need to be doing something plainly illegal, or else the cop needs a complaint from the owner before they can hassle you. But they usually can't just go around enforcing traffic laws on private property. Oh yeah, and after the whole thing died down and they said we could go, the cop I got into it with went over to the corner of the parking lot and sat there with his lights off watching us. It was so obvious he was going to wait till we pulled out onto public streets and then it was going to be "Round #2", except I couldn't hide behind the private property thing then. So I just called some friends to come pick me up behind the store, and I came back and got the car the next morning. He didn't see us leave, I bet that douchebag sat there for an hour waiting. Bahaha.
Nice story!! It is true about private property. Unfortunately, it also works the other way. A friend of mine was coming out of a parking garage on a private street which had "One Way " street signs. He was minding his own business and made a right turn going the "right" way. As soon as he pulled three feet out...a semi truck was coming the "wrong way" and crunched his Cherokee. The truck driver and property maintenance guy (who was suppsoed to be stopping people from coming out of the garage) claimed it was my buddy's fault. The cop showed up and wouldn't do an accident report because it was private property (the maintenance guy asked him to leave). I saw this happen and was completely outraged.

Tom
Old 02-26-2009, 02:29 PM

Couple AMG's
thats the first time the cop gave me a big ticket
all the cops in north hollywood,ca are chill cops
they let you go with fix it tickets but this one was a ahole
Old 02-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
I never thought I would be defending cops, but I want to share inside information. I have been dating a local PD and have been privy to inside information. There is no quota! The Sargent does have a conversation with them if they are not issuing tickets. It's their job. As for more police out, my city just laid off four officers. I would be safe to assume it's the same in other cities. The crime has increased in our safe city I'm sure in part to our poor economy.

I also hate the cops that hide in bushes! Be a real man and show yourself! I have three bogus tickets on my record so I feel your pain! The reality is they wanted my blacked out gangsta car not me. I is nice to have my current state of professional courtesy!!!!
So your cheating on me now?
Old 02-26-2009, 03:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E350 4matic
tickets are the only way the bosses know if a cop is doing anything besides eating donuts. you could be the best cop in the world but if you dont write tickets it looks bad. so its not a quota per say, but really it is when you get down to the nitty gritty.

anyone drive the 55 regularly? i only go a few miles but haven't seen many cops lately, i hit 90+ almost everyday, but i never speed on surface streets. the freeways out here aren't very conducive or safe to be pulling people over for speeding, especially with the amount of accidents / high speed chases they are dealing with.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:03 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 W211 E63
Originally Posted by baldmike73
here in Silicon Valley on the hwy 280 and 680 have been bad lately. Between Wolfe Rd and Winchester has been a big speed trap - like 5 cops lined up on the bikes all with LIDAR and now they have moved down towards Milpitas by the 101 same thing. Be careful out there.

I think we should get that jammer group buy up and running as I know I am wanting more than the Valentine!
You just saw the FAB 5 in action. In the Bay Area there is a team of 5 CHP officers, mix of bike and cars, that blanket certain sections of freeway. THESE GUYS DO NOTHING BUT CATCH SPEEDERS!!! The do not respond to accidents, crashes, fender benders, broken down motorists or anything else that other CHP normally do. 280 and 85 are the usual ones, but the are also out on 101, 680, and 87. If you see on CHP on these freeways watch out cuz there most likey will be another later on. There was a San Jose Mercury article about a guy who was speeding got pulled over by one of the FAB 5. That guy thought there wasn't gonna be another CHP later and got another ticket by the NEXT CHP guy 2 miles later.

These guys just pick and area and blanket it. Be careful out there!!!
Old 02-27-2009, 10:10 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
That $h!t happens here in FL too, and it really irritates me. You will see a ******' cop writing somebody a ticket for something stupid, and right nearby there will be somebody broken down, or a woman with a flat tire, etc., and they don't even try to help.

And every time I've had some uninsured trailer-dweller randomly smash into my car (which disproportionately seems to happen right when you JUST got it), it takes the cops like 2+ hours to show up.

WTF are we paying these people for? They're not around when you actually need them, but they always seem to be around to hassle you for stupid crap. They're nothing more than the "unofficial" I.R.S.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tough Economy, Cops all over the place, no place to speed