Sponsored by:

Tough Economy, Cops all over the place, no place to speed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Well, in VA it is different, as long as business property open to the public, cop can give you a ticket.
http://leg1.state.va.us/000/cod/46.2-864.HTM
Old 02-27-2009, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by Karlson
Well, in VA it is different, as long as business property open to the public, cop can give you a ticket.
Interesting...because the accident I mentioned was in Tysons Corner (Vienna) VA. The cop should have written the guy a ticket for going the wrong way...I guess it would have cut into his donut time....and we can't have that...

Tom
Old 02-27-2009, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
haha. no wonder mclean branch of ffx county police department didn't want to deal with it and went to local 7-11 instead.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
haha. no wonder mclean branch of ffx county police department didn't want to deal with it and went to local 7-11 instead.
LOL...the 7-11 was right across the street from where it happened....they were always there!!!

Tom
Old 02-27-2009, 02:26 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Well that sure sucks for you VA guys. We don't have anything like that here, or at least not that I know about.

But my run-in with Gainesville P.D. at the Archer road Publix wasn't even about driving, it was about showing them my I.D. I had enrolled in a constitutional law class at UF that semester, and I had just learned that cops can't make you identify yourself or even make you talk with them when you're on private property, unless they have probable cause. Usually they just have to have reasonable suspicion, but that doesn't work on private land even if it's open to the public.

That's why I argued with that douchebag. His crock of B.S. about how double-parking must mean I'm drunk wasn't going to fly. And I'm sure there was probably something he coulda written me a ticket for, but then he would actually have to KNOW WHO I WAS first! Bwahahahahaha. And that sure wasn't happening, since I refused to tell him or give him my license. He also tried running my tag and registration, but that car was a corporate lease so it just came up as registered to BMW Financial Svcs. and "T.R. & R. International".

Old 02-27-2009, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
So your cheating on me now?
Damn, busted! He's not my boyfriend, just dating. There is still hope for us young buck. I will bring him to the next meet so we can all flog him for being a cop.

Last edited by BENZGal; 02-27-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by BENZGal
Damn, busted! He's not my boyfriend, just dating. There is still hope for us young buck. I will bring him to the next meet so we can all flog him for being a cop.
haha! ok Ms. Prime! Btw, when you guys planning the next big meet?
Old 02-28-2009, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
Not only am I having a problem with this ****, but so is my family's business.

My parents own a clothing store on Melrose Ave, and as most of you may know, the main challenge is getting people to come out of the malls and come shop on the street. LAPD is ****ing it up. They've targeted Melrose Ave to give tickets (both moving and parking) to the point that the cops/meter maids dont even drive cars anymore. They ride bikes. most of the meter maids just walk around. There is no way that can be good for business. Me and my older brother decided last night that we eed to find a way to get through to City Hall abbout this. If I got pulled over on Melrose and I got a parking ticket it's safe to say I wouldnt go back for a long time.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:54 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by W211 BEAST
If I got pulled over on Melrose and I got a parking ticket it's safe to say I wouldnt go back for a long time.
Or, you could just slow down on Melrose. The cops are there to protect the foot traffic and ticket the idiots in cars who like to rip around and show off. I personally saw someone get hit by some retard showboating...it was ugly. As far as meters go, they are walking and on bikes to save fuel costs and lessen traffic on an already congested street (especially on the weekends). If you are getting parking tickets becasue your meter expired....well, the only person you have to blame is yourself.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
Originally Posted by LZH
Or, you could just slow down on Melrose. The cops are there to protect the foot traffic and ticket the idiots in cars who like to rip around and show off. I personally saw someone get hit by some retard showboating...it was ugly. As far as meters go, they are walking and on bikes to save fuel costs and lessen traffic on an already congested street (especially on the weekends). If you are getting parking tickets becasue your meter expired....well, the only person you have to blame is yourself.
Ok... I personally haven't gotten any tickets on Melrose ever. Knock on wood.

I will say that the many of the people who come to and leave from Platinum Motorsports do drive in a way that warrant tickets. But these cops on bikes aren't normally pulling them over, they're getting people for things like improper lane changes. The other night I saw 3 people pulled over on 2 blocks. That was never the scene on Melrose. All I'm saying is that it's definitely not GOOD for business.