Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL600
I think someone should try it out.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK500 SPORT
i called them about one for the c class they said it would be to much work....but i think thats because they don't know the internals of a mercedes benz......oh well
Old 03-10-2009, 03:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06' E55, 10' Harley Davidson F-250 6.4L TT
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Overkill.
Can you be specific?
Old 03-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by W219CLS55
Can you be specific?

If your car already has a supercharger on it why would you want some turbos? You can get big power from a M113k motor and you dont need turbos
Old 03-10-2009, 06:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is a good idea, but not for a car with a supercharger or turbo already strapped on. My main concern with this idea is the intercooler pipe that runs back to the engine bay. it seems like it would be a tight fit seeing that you need v8 with dual exhaust running back, and maybe 1 larger or 2 smaller intercooler pipes for the twin turbos. One might be able to run this setup on a 4cyl or v6 car with single exhaust with more room. Single turbo, single exhaust, single intercooler pipe. This setup would have to be one of the cheapest and easiest way to turbocharge your car as you dont need a custom exhaust manifold. There is only 1 peice that other then turbo, and exhaust work and pipe that you would need, and that is an oil pump. that can be costly for a good reliable one. also you might not need to intercool your charged air because it cools down on its own by the time the air reaches the front of the engine..

i also so this vette with teh same setup on TV, the turbos sounded so cool being at the end of the exhaust. real loud and u can hear them spinning at idle and real low rpm.

Last edited by alphanumeric; 03-10-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
'03 E55 (My Daily), '01 ML 320 (Wifey), Twin Turbo '69 Camaro (In Progess)
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
If your car already has a supercharger on it why would you want some turbos? You can get big power from a M113k motor and you dont need turbos
Agree that I would never do this to a M113K engine muchless a Mercedes. Helion Power Systems has a kit for Cobra Mustangs in which they forcefeed the supercharger with precompressed air. The twin 61 mms turbos feed 13 psi to an air to air setup and then to the blower where it is compounded to 24.4 psi. IATs are through the roof and they used three Snow Performance methanol/water injection setups to cool the intake charge down but they are making 1000HP+ with stock block and internals. I would scrap the blower altogether and do a twin sequential setup but thought it was interesting. Check out the April edition of Hot Rod....

Last edited by bbearden; 03-11-2009 at 01:33 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
i've heard how these systems are supposed to be effective but i just watched a sts twin turbo 300c srt8 run no better than bone stock times at firebird. quite the disappointment!!!
Old 03-11-2009, 03:04 AM

Mercedes,Porsche etc
[quote=W219CLS55;3402419]What do you all think about a universal remote turbo system for the E55

http://www.ststurbo.com/[/quote]

great IDEA

seen them on a VETTE at WILLOW, and it had like 650 HP and would kick the crap outta the ZR1..

the fact you get cooler exhaust recirulating cause the turbos are remote is a great idea..

VADIM was working on one for a SL 65 , add 2 remotes to the 2 already there for quad turbo,

if you have the money I would do it, better than a SC system I think,
not as much whine, and better milage too less wear and tear

I also saw the show GEARS where he added the turbos to a vette owned by TONY STEWART , maybe some have heard of the NASCAR RACER, lol in like a weekend,, was fairly easy if your a mech.
lines all tuck into wheel wells under fender guards,, and recirculate in exhaust,,
he used an STS system looked fairly straight forward
will add 100 HP easy,
with stiffer wastegate springs add another 60 hp to that

VIDEO OF INSTALL in TONY STEWARTS VETTE
http://www.gearztv.com/index.php?em2...=190690&em3198=

same vette at raceway testing it
SICK !
http://www.gearztv.com/index.php?em2...=191176&em3198=

you may have to register email to see it but easy and worth it

install though and done without alot of engine mods, fairly stock C6

why merc ditched the SC from what the dealer master mech's told me at sev dealers.. and kept the turbos..

Last edited by storm; 03-11-2009 at 03:21 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:27 AM

Mercedes,Porsche etc
Originally Posted by bbearden
Agree that I would never do this to a M113K engine muchless a Mercedes. Helion Power Systems has a kit for Cobra Mustangs in which they forcefeed the supercharger with precompressed air. The twin 61 mms turbos feed 13 psi to an air to air setup and then to the blower where it is compounded to 24.4 psi. IATs are through the roof and they used three Snow Performance methanol/water injection setups to cool the intake charge down but they are making 1000HP+ with stock block and internals. I would scrap the blower altogether and do a twin sequential setup but thought it was interesting. Check out the April edition of Hot Rod....

well the newest corvettes do it all the time,
TONY Stewarts car I saw just did it, and the new VETTEs have as complicated engines and electronics as any car including the MERC..

the thing is since the turbos are in rear , you dont have alot of the problems you do with a front turbo system
and can be done to a car without alot of engine mods,,
like no changing pistons or compression at all.. faily straigh forward,, see my post below

VADIM has done it,, too I have seen the SL 65 myself he was working on with QUAD turbo's
2 front 2 rear,, I can be done if you got the money
Old 03-11-2009, 03:56 AM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
So let me get this straight.. what does the turbo connect to if its remote?
Old 03-11-2009, 04:02 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55
Originally Posted by bbearden
Agree that I would never do this to a M113K engine muchless a Mercedes. Helion Power Systems has a kit for Cobra Mustangs in which they forcefeed the supercharger with precompressed air. The twin 61 mms turbos feed 13 psi to an air to air setup and then to the blower where it is compounded to 24.4 psi. IATs are through the roof and they used three Snow Performance methanol/water injection setups to cool the intake charge down but they are making 1000HP+ with stock block and internals. I would scrap the blower altogether and do a twin sequential setup but thought it was interesting.
Nahhh your not thinking outside the box. We are making ~40hp per pound of boost iirc, so you go back to a stock size pulley and blow only 4 or 5 PSI of nice cold air from the turbos on the supercharger you only be pushing 14-15psi out of the supercharger BUT it's going to be much cooler than if you just spun up the supercharger to those boost levels.... Do that and your going to get MUCH more HP do to the timing recovery.... It's actually a winner of an idea

Last edited by E55Pilot; 03-11-2009 at 06:07 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by storm
...better than a SC system I think,
not as much whine...
they're louder than most s/c's...especially ours.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:48 AM

Mercedes,Porsche etc
Originally Posted by Gondon
So let me get this straight.. what does the turbo connect to if its remote?
here you can read this it explains it

http://www.ststurbo.com/

and tech here

http://www.ststurbo.com/the_technology

for one thing it lowers the temp 500 degrees,over normal turbos which is the main reason turbos fail and need alot of engine mods,,
this solves heat totally. and still gives the power

JAY leno, and TONY Stewart had their cars done, like this,
2 of the biggest car nuts around, and they both know their stuff
and have about 10 million ea in cars lol
so that says alot

it also won the GM design award, pretty prestigious

essentially the turbos repplace the mufflers and merely recirculate the exhaust,, but diff is its already cooler than normal turbo would be at front

SO, exhaust OUT of Engine first time to rear but instead of going out of mufflers, its recirculated into TURBOS, they fed back upfront to ENGINE much cooler
then out the exhaust again. Kinda like a green muscle car lol

pics here

Last edited by storm; 03-11-2009 at 05:28 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:52 AM

Mercedes,Porsche etc
Originally Posted by chiromikey
they're louder than most s/c's...especially ours.

not these turbos ,
they are in rear, near exhaust replace the mufflers.. and direct the sound our rear of car away from driver
cant hear ****,from turbos.. thats the beauty
and umm
did I mention it reduces turbo temp and gas 500 degrees from normal front turbo,,

nice huh

very efficient design, better milage too

oh and the QUARTER MILE RACE VIDEO, corvette has so much power from stock the damn thing flies lol

how does SUB 9 sec qtr runs sound ? from a street car

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...t=Stry60ft.flv

I saw a vette with one and got to ride in one at WILLOW springs, insane car

and you can get up to 150 hp increase with stiff waste gate springs.. almost 760 RW HP

http://www.ststurbo.com/testimonials

and here is one car with the rear turbos same system at BONNEVILLE SALT FLATS with a world RECORD run in his class of 236 mph,, hows that for hauling ***.. lol

A E 63 or E 55 with this fuking system would be the FORUM KING speed monster bar none running like 650 hp perhaps

Last edited by storm; 03-11-2009 at 05:29 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:06 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon, 2017 C63S Cab, 1986 560SL
I loved the testimonial:

It's running 6.50 @ 107 mph

Not much of a trap speed.

BTW, I disagree that the Corvette, even the ZR1, is as complicated as our E55. It's a rock solid, push rod design.

Loved my LS3 in my C6. Just wouldn't run in snow

That's why I have 996TT now.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 Black C63 Eurocharged V5
I assure you that someone will do this to the E55 as time goes on. I Have already taken the measurements and done the calcs.

The biggest hurdle is the STOCK INTERCOOLER. It cant cool 10-12 psi without overheating in 12 seconds.

IF---you straped a turbo to the tail ala sts----parts would cost ~3000. Top of the line turbo, oil pump ect.

At this point you have 2 options---the air that is compressed through the TURBO is then INTERCOOLED through a small FMIC and then pumped through the SC----Compound boost is amazing on a street car. The turbo would spool instantly. Keeping the stock pulley and adding 7psi from the turbo would result in 19psi at the manifold and 610rwhp. 10psi from the turbo would give 24psi at the manifold and over 700rwhp.

The problem is heat----> the 7 psi air out of the turbo will be 170*F(on a 90*F day)....so even if you run it through a great INTERCOOLER FIRST----your intake temps into the supercharger will me 105*F plus!!!
With the stock E55 IC--->That will be good for like 5-6 secs at full blast before the ECU shuts things down. Although---if you live in a moderate temp environment(it rarely gets over 90*F here in Tdot) and you boost to only 5-6 turbo psi.....you can get 560whp fairly easily.

Possiblity #2---this involves removing the SC----removing the stock IC....building SLR type intercoolers. Now the same senario--the SLR intercoolers can handle the extra heat.

Posibility #3---Remove the Stock SC altogether. Have the car run on turbo only. This presents the least technical problems. It may even be possible to run like this through the stock intercooler. It does change the character of the car. low end torque(below 2200rpm) will be gone---replaced by HUGE midrange torque and huge topend. Remember--the superchrger eats 70whp when it turns......so, if a 14psi SC car makes 500rwhp. 14psi on the turbo car without the Sc will make ~570rwhp.

The best thing about this is that These cars are made for boost and use MAP/temp sensors and not a MAF for measuring airflow. We already have good tunes for up to 16psi. Just replacing the SC releases 70rwhp. Twin GT3576's should do the trick.

The biggest hurddle is some one willing to be a ginnea pig. People who pay less than $25k and have no warrenty will be more apt to do this.
I personally prefer twincharging---but the packaging looks like a challenge. Another hurdle is the tranny and its torque limiting. TC cars have much higher midrange torque peaks ---Its would be interesting to see how this much power affects the tranny and its shifting. Victor seems to have a handy cure for this with the new "limitless" tcu's.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:55 PM

'04 Porsche 996TT X-50, '95 M3 Built & Blown
I am actually doing a '08 C6 as we speak with the STS turbo rear mount system. Twin 60-1 turbos capable of 600hp each so you guys can do the math.

The car will be at MIR on the 23rd for Ahmad's track rental. We are shooting for 650rwhp and on the meth/EBC should make ~750rwhp.

Now if I can only find parts for the new A6 tranny to match the power we can try to run with DR's instead of have the car on ice the whole way down the 1/4!

It is a great system and I am currently talking to someone on the right coast that has a white CLK63 BS and wants to get a ride in the vette before he commits. Might be a tire kicker but I have spoken to him extensively about it a number of times.

As far as the CLK record if the CLK63 STS turbo is built...GAME OVER! Sorry Ahmad and Jim!

See you at MIR on the 23rd!
Old 03-11-2009, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lol, whatever dude...you're either crazy or you've never heard the system in person if you think these turbos are quiet. I'm not saying it sounds bad but they're loud comparatively speaking.

Originally Posted by storm
not these turbos ,
they are in rear, near exhaust replace the mufflers.. and direct the sound our rear of car away from driver
cant hear ****,from turbos.. thats the beauty
and umm
did I mention it reduces turbo temp and gas 500 degrees from normal front turbo,,

nice huh

very efficient design, better milage too

oh and the QUARTER MILE RACE VIDEO, corvette has so much power from stock the damn thing flies lol

how does SUB 9 sec qtr runs sound ? from a street car

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...t=Stry60ft.flv

I saw a vette with one and got to ride in one at WILLOW springs, insane car

and you can get up to 150 hp increase with stiff waste gate springs.. almost 760 RW HP

http://www.ststurbo.com/testimonials

and here is one car with the rear turbos same system at BONNEVILLE SALT FLATS with a world RECORD run in his class of 236 mph,, hows that for hauling ***.. lol

A E 63 or E 55 with this fuking system would be the FORUM KING speed monster bar none running like 650 hp perhaps
Old 03-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Banned

2004 E55
Originally Posted by tscales
I loved the testimonial:

It's running 6.50 @ 107 mph

Not much of a trap speed.
That looks like a 1/8 mile time and if it is, that's damn fast
Old 03-11-2009, 02:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 Black C63 Eurocharged V5
Originally Posted by tuningtechnician
I am actually doing a '08 C6 as we speak with the STS turbo rear mount system. Twin 60-1 turbos capable of 600hp each so you guys can do the math.

The car will be at MIR on the 23rd for Ahmad's track rental. We are shooting for 650rwhp and on the meth/EBC should make ~750rwhp.

Now if I can only find parts for the new A6 tranny to match the power we can try to run with DR's instead of have the car on ice the whole way down the 1/4!

It is a great system and I am currently talking to someone on the right coast that has a white CLK63 BS and wants to get a ride in the vette before he commits. Might be a tire kicker but I have spoken to him extensively about it a number of times.

As far as the CLK record if the CLK63 STS turbo is built...GAME OVER! Sorry Ahmad and Jim!

See you at MIR on the 23rd!
I dont think a STS clk63 will actually be that fast without a reduction in compression ratio. 11.3 is quite high. I doubt youll get much beyond 3-4psi at that compression. Ls3 is what? 10.7? Thats ok to 6-7psi I bet.

That said--->440rwhp + 4psi = 560rwhp!!
Old 03-11-2009, 02:47 PM

'04 Porsche 996TT X-50, '95 M3 Built & Blown
Originally Posted by HYEPWR
I dont think a STS clk63 will actually be that fast without a reduction in compression ratio. 11.3 is quite high. I doubt youll get much beyond 3-4psi at that compression. Ls3 is what? 10.7? Thats ok to 6-7psi I bet.

That said--->440rwhp + 4psi = 560rwhp!!
While you have shown some very "on point" knowledge and questionable skepticism at times, I didn't mention what I am doing to the internals and even at stock compression levels you can run ~10psi (.7 bar) to make ~650rwhp with an LS3. Meth/EBC with another 3-5psi(~1 bar) to make ~750rwhp.

If you use your math and add the 440rwhp(that number is made with a blower/turbo cam, complete exhaust, CAI and a hot cam tune) and add 7psi that would make.....................................650rwhp!

You should know.....IT'S ALL ABOUT THE TUNE!

I am not too concerned with the engine holding up but it's that new tranny that they're using. No parts to beef it up just yet!

Trying a CF driveshaft to help ease the pain the tranny MIGHT feel!
Old 03-11-2009, 02:58 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
E550
Originally Posted by tscales
BTW, I disagree that the Corvette, even the ZR1, is as complicated as our E55. It's a rock solid, push rod design.
Exactly, the LSx engines are rock solid pushrods, but by no means as complicated as a 55 or 63 engine.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Banned

2004 E55
Originally Posted by chiromikey
lol, whatever dude...you're either crazy or you've never heard the system in person if you think these turbos are quiet. I'm not saying it sounds bad but they're loud comparatively speaking.
Mikey, this is the guy that's a Porsche and GM test driver..... so I'm betting on crazy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Remote Turbo Systems?