W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone in the Chicagoland area use Knauz MB?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 02:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Anyone in the Chicagoland area use Knauz MB?

I recently got fed up with bringing my car to Motor Werks in Barrington. They have the worst customer service of any dealership I've ever been to. Anyway, anyone have a review of Knauz in Lake Bluff? I just brought it there for a service and they already are charging me $200 cheaper than Motor Werks did for the same service. Also, anyone know if they are mod friendly at all? I'd like to do a LET stage 1 but I really don't wanna mess around with the warranty. Thanks
Old 03-18-2009, 02:59 AM

something that can use more power
Let + modfriendly dealer

Whats up man, I was in the same boat as you. My IC pump went out and I spoke to Motorwerks Hoffman, and the service tech has no idea what I was talking about and said that he has never heard of an IC pump going out on an AMG. I didnt want to mess with the run around, so I called Jerry at Let Motorsports for advice and he referred me to a local MB dealer that is mod friendly and has a relationship with LET and the work that they do is covered. Give him a call and see if he know anyone in your area.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:31 AM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by evoklr
Whats up man, I was in the same boat as you. My IC pump went out and I spoke to Motorwerks Hoffman, and the service tech has no idea what I was talking about and said that he has never heard of an IC pump going out on an AMG. I didnt want to mess with the run around, so I called Jerry at Let Motorsports for advice and he referred me to a local MB dealer that is mod friendly and has a relationship with LET and the work that they do is covered. Give him a call and see if he know anyone in your area.
What dealership did he refer you to?
Old 03-18-2009, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Hey, try Mercedes Benz of saint Charles, and ask for brian Tracy... It's a bit farther away, but trust me when I say he will take care of you!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Bisco
What dealership did he refer you to?
MB of Naperville is very mod friendly. PM me and I will give you my sales guys name, he will personally walk you out back and introduce you to the AMG tech. They have done lots of "off the books" work on my car, even some after hours stuff and the tech has even volunteered to come to my house to work on the car.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:09 PM

2004 E55
Thanks for the replies guys. Jim, I'll shoot you a PM in the future when it's time to bring her in.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:40 AM

something that can use more power
Originally Posted by aleksandar1099
Hey, try Mercedes Benz of saint Charles, and ask for brian Tracy... It's a bit farther away, but trust me when I say he will take care of you!!!
aleksandar1099 beat me to it. My car is there now for a new IC pump covered under warranty. Brian has been very helpful throughout the process.

Last edited by evoklr; 03-19-2009 at 01:45 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:15 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by evoklr
aleksandar1099 beat me to it. My car is there now for a new IC pump covered under warranty. Brian has been very helpful throughout the process.
+1 Bryan rules