W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has the Chrysler aftermarket warranty?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG
Originally Posted by marcmc8867
I have an '06 E55 with 48,400 miles, due to go out of warranty in June but will reach 50k by March...and am considering an aftermarket warranty. Considering that mine was one of the last E55s I tend to think I might be OK without but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Just so I understand, did the deductible apply to each individual warranty-repair item in a visit or for the whole visit?

Also, do you HAVE to use an MB dealer or can you use a well-established independent MB shop?

Finally, any concern that this won't be available anymore if I wait a couple months to do it? (i.e. just before expiration of factory warranty)

Thanks in advance.
The deductible of $100 is for the entire visit. You pay once and that's it. I ended up using a Mercedes dealership b/c I have a decent relationship with them and they know what to do. I'm sure you could go to an indy however.

I don't know if it'll be available in the future or not. It's up to Chrysler really. All you want to do is get it before you hit 60K on the odometer so you get the best possible rate.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by itsmeek
Yes- always better to get the new warranty while you have an existing warranty. It's always lower priced that way. The second point- not sure of.

They def. raise the price out of warranty so get it while it is still under factory warranty. Mileage makes no dif. as lon as it is under 50k and under warranty.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:26 PM

2006 Mercedes E55
FYI its 48,000 miles to get the chrysler warranty without having to get an inspection. You are close enough and still under factory warranty that they might make an exception. But if I was you I would call Michael Chase asap. He helped in over the phone in one phone call.

I was also able to get payments for 12 months. This was in october.

Cheers
Old 01-03-2010, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
Hi. I just bought the chrysler aftermarket warranty today. I bought it from chryslerfactoryplans.com and got the 5 years 70k miles plan. I also got the 5 years wheels and tire coverage for only $170 extra! I also have a $25 discount, so the total was $2955 paid in full and I am now under warranty! It was that easy and hopefully when I run into problems I will be covered!
Old 01-04-2010, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Kind of a procrastinator. I should have purchased the extended warranty in Feb or June of last year (could have saved $$$). Anyways does anyone know if Todd still sells Chrysler warranties for cars that are not under the factory warranty. I called their 800 number and they told me to go to a dealership. Michael wants a surcharge of $160+ for a payment plan but I dont think Todd charges that fee.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:41 PM

2005 E55
Did they get the approval for coverage in CA yet?
Old 01-08-2010, 04:18 PM

Lotus Esprit/VW GTI/E55 AMG
Whats up with Micheal Case and Todd? I've been trying to contact them for 3 weeks now, neither picks up the phone or responds to voice mails....seems kinda long for a vacation.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by lotuskid
Whats up with Micheal Case and Todd? I've been trying to contact them for 3 weeks now, neither picks up the phone or responds to voice mails....seems kinda long for a vacation.
huh that's wierd...
Old 01-08-2010, 04:32 PM

'15 S550 4Matic, '15 GL550, 360 Spider, Escalade ESV
Originally Posted by lotuskid
I played phone tag with Michael this week but connected after a day or so.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey lotuskid. I did the same thing and could not get a hold of either of them for about two weeks, so I finally just ordered through the website. Immediately after ordering Michael called me on the phone which is funny. There is not much for them to tell you at all so I would order online and pay with credit card and than he will call you quickly to answer questions about papers and when they will arrive in the mail.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:30 PM

Lotus Esprit/VW GTI/E55 AMG
Thanks for the replies guys, Micheal actually just email me saying their changing their policies for Mercedes vehicles so we shall see what happens...
Old 01-08-2010, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

maybe they are raising prices?
Old 01-09-2010, 12:07 PM

E55
Ditto for me. I tried to call him since Monday and he did not call back for several days. I did find the mornings the best time to get ahold of him when I talked to him twice. On Friday, I called him and left him a message. I then paid for the warranty on line and within 5 min he called back. When I did talk to him on the phone, the final purchase went very smoothly. Also check your email.....there is a code for $25 off the purchase price.

Please update the new provisions for MB cars. I hope that does not change the policy I just purchased.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:06 PM

CLS55 - SL55 - RRS Supercharged
Originally Posted by snacl500
Ditto for me. I tried to call him since Monday and he did not call back for several days. I did find the mornings the best time to get ahold of him when I talked to him twice. On Friday, I called him and left him a message. I then paid for the warranty on line and within 5 min he called back. When I did talk to him on the phone, the final purchase went very smoothly. Also check your email.....there is a code for $25 off the purchase price.

Please update the new provisions for MB cars. I hope that does not change the policy I just purchased.

Did you get the inspection done?
Old 01-09-2010, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by mikey33
Hi. I just bought the chrysler aftermarket warranty today. I bought it from chryslerfactoryplans.com and got the 5 years 70k miles plan. I also got the 5 years wheels and tire coverage for only $170 extra! I also have a $25 discount, so the total was $2955 paid in full and I am now under warranty! It was that easy and hopefully when I run into problems I will be covered!
Are you sure about this coverage period? From what I read on their site, this will only give you coverage for one year past the expiration of the factory warranty. On the "quick quote" page, they ask you (I put the important part in boldface):
Coverage Details

From its original warranty start date, how long would you like coverage? Select... 5 6 7 LIFETIME Select... 3 4 5 6 7
So this would indicate that with a 4y/50K factory warranty (the original warranty), then the actual coverage of those would be: 0 0 1 2 3 respectively.

I'd read that very carefully when it arrives, you may need to get the 7Y to get any appreciable coverage. If it reads from original in-service date or something similar, then it's from when the vehicle was originally purchased; if it states purchase date of *this* warranty, then you're good. But I'd be more inclined to believe it's the former, as there are few aftermarket warranties that go beyond four years post-original warranty period, and seven is even rarer still.

Edit: read back through this and did see that there is a 5/70K plan which does start at date of purchase, but I don't see any way to get the stupid website to actually provide a quote. Is this option only available for out-of-warranty cars? It's pretty strange that they would offer longer coverage terms to out-of-warranty vehicles, but this does seem to be what's happening!

Can anyone comment to this? Is it possible to get 5Y coverage from date of warranty purchase (NOT from in-service date of vehicle) while the vehicle is still under factory warranty?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Improviz; 01-09-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,065 Likes on 854 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Originally Posted by Improviz
Are you sure about this coverage period? From what I read on their site, this will only give you coverage for one year past the expiration of the factory warranty. On the "quick quote" page, they ask you (I put the important part in boldface):

So this would indicate that with a 4y/50K factory warranty (the original warranty), then the actual coverage of those would be: 0 0 1 2 3 respectively.

I'd read that very carefully when it arrives, you may need to get the 7Y to get any appreciable coverage. If it reads from original in-service date or something similar, then it's from when the vehicle was originally purchased; if it states purchase date of *this* warranty, then you're good. But I'd be more inclined to believe it's the former, as there are few aftermarket warranties that go beyond four years post-original warranty period, and seven is even rarer still.

I asked them about this because I thought the same as you did about the coverage start time. I saved the emails in case I ever had a problem. The warranty start date is from the time you purchase the warranty from Chrysler and not the in service date of the warranty.

I learned the hard way that you need to take it in before 48,000 miles and not like I did at 49,000 miles. I had to pay much more since I was past the 48,000 mile marker.

I have not had to use the warranty yet but I went with the 4 year unlimited mileage since I drive around 30,000 miles a year. By the time the warranty expires, I should have close to 200,000 miles on my car. I know that a few things, possibly big things, are bound to fail and Mercedes parts and labor don't seem to be getting any cheaper.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by BlownV8
I asked them about this because I thought the same as you did about the coverage start time. I saved the emails in case I ever had a problem. The warranty start date is from the time you purchase the warranty from Chrysler and not the in service date of the warranty.

I learned the hard way that you need to take it in before 48,000 miles and not like I did at 49,000 miles. I had to pay much more since I was past the 48,000 mile marker.

I have not had to use the warranty yet but I went with the 4 year unlimited mileage since I drive around 30,000 miles a year. By the time the warranty expires, I should have close to 200,000 miles on my car. I know that a few things, possibly big things, are bound to fail and Mercedes parts and labor don't seem to be getting any cheaper.
OK, figured out what's going on: did some searching and came up this, straight from the source at chrysler.com's service contract faq page. They actually offer both types: one that starts from both the ISD of the vehicle and the other that starts at the warranty purchase date, with the latter (possibly, still trying to verify this) being a bit less comprehensive than the former:
Q: What is the length of a Chrysler Service Contract?

A: Chrysler Service Contracts are offered with a wide variety of time and mileage terms, typically up to 7 years and 100,000 miles. Lifetime contracts have no time limit on mechanical coverage, but only for the original owner; they are not transferable unless required by state law.

New Vehicle Service Contract coverage and Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Service Contract coverage begin on the vehicle's warranty start date (the date the vehicle was delivered to its original owner) and at zero miles. This coverage does not begin upon expiration of the new vehicle warranty.

For example: Your vehicle's warranty start date is July 1, 2009 and the odometer reads 10,000 miles. You purchase a 5-Year / 60,000-Mile Maximum Care service contract on November 1, 2009. Your coverage starts on July 1, 2009 and expires on July 1, 2014 or when your odometer reads 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

Traditional Pre-Owned Vehicle Service Contract coverage and most – but not all – Convenience and Maintenance (non-mechanical) coverage begin on the date and mileage when you purchase the contract.

For example: You purchase a pre-owned 2006 Chrysler vehicle on August 1, 2009 and the odometer reads 50,000 miles. On the same day, you purchase a 2-Year / Unlimited Mileage traditional Pre-Owned service contract. Your coverage starts on August 1, 2009 and expires on August 1, 2011.
What makes it even more confusing is that chryslerfactoryplans.com seems to offer only the ISD-based plan on their site; at least the section where you have to fill it in only offers that as far as I can tell. I'm afraid that I may only qualify for the 5/70, which would give me an additional 3Y/20K over factory, since I'm still under factory warranty w/44K miles; my concern is that if I wait to get the more advantageous (length-wise) 5/70 plan, they may get changed (or eliminated) and leave me w/nothing.

I'll give them a ring and see if they can clear this up, I'm cornfused as they say!
Old 01-09-2010, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It is simple if you have gone through this thread at all. If your car is still under factory warranty than you have to buy the warranty from Chrysler that starts from your first in service date with Mercedes. If you are no longer under Mercedes warranty than when you buy your warranty from Chrysler it starts from that date forward meaning 5 years is 5 years of actual coverage! Hope this helps.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
It is simple if you have gone through this thread at all.
Well, to be honest, it's a bit too long to wade through in its entirety at this point.

If your car is still under factory warranty than you have to buy the warranty from Chrysler that starts from your first in service date with Mercedes. If you are no longer under Mercedes warranty than when you buy your warranty from Chrysler it starts from that date forward meaning 5 years is 5 years of actual coverage! Hope this helps.
Thanks. This is pretty much what I was thinking....kind of weird that they'd offer better (length-wise, anyway) coverage to an out-of-warranty car than an in-warranty car, but it is what it is I guess...I'll just have to mull it over and see if I want to get this one now and take the hit in the period of coverage, or gamble that it'll still be available later this year when the factory warranty expires.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:24 PM

E55
Originally Posted by thisisvybe
Did you get the inspection done?
Yep!
Old 01-09-2010, 11:34 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
I've been trying for over 2 weeks to get coverage for my car, but apparantly telling Michael/Chrysler that I want to give them $3K is not enough to elicit a response. I've called 10+ times, left 3 messages, sent 2 e-mails, and even requested a quote through the website. Not one person has responded or bothered to pick up the phone.

I called him today and left a message explaining that I have tried contacting him repeatedly and am ready to purchase a 5/70 plan, have an inspection in hand, and want to get this rolling ASAP. I have a feeling they're going to jack the MB rates sky-high before I ever get a call back. If I knew where Michael's office was I'd go there personally and take care of it, he's somewhere in the Chicago area.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:37 AM

E55
Originally Posted by izzyz28
I've been trying for over 2 weeks to get coverage for my car, but apparantly telling Michael/Chrysler that I want to give them $3K is not enough to elicit a response. I've called 10+ times, left 3 messages, sent 2 e-mails, and even requested a quote through the website. Not one person has responded or bothered to pick up the phone.

I called him today and left a message explaining that I have tried contacting him repeatedly and am ready to purchase a 5/70 plan, have an inspection in hand, and want to get this rolling ASAP. I have a feeling they're going to jack the MB rates sky-high before I ever get a call back. If I knew where Michael's office was I'd go there personally and take care of it, he's somewhere in the Chicago area.
On the application the Chrysler dealership is Zeigler Chrylser, Dodge, Jeep in Schaumburg. You can try to call them to see if he works there. If you know that this is the warranty you want, I would pay for it online (at least the 10% down). He will call within a few minutes after payment. Otherwise fax over the inspection and there is a chance he may call. When comparing products, Fidelity seemed like they double the premium from my quote late last year.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:41 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 AMG
I just dropped my car off at the dealer. I have a check engine light, a need for a new a/c blower, a blown sub and a blown speaker, and a couple other things. Hopefully it gets taken care of under the warranty without any hitch as before. I'm also getting an oil change and tranny flush done at the same time.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:15 AM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by snacl500
On the application the Chrysler dealership is Zeigler Chrylser, Dodge, Jeep in Schaumburg. You can try to call them to see if he works there. If you know that this is the warranty you want, I would pay for it online (at least the 10% down). He will call within a few minutes after payment. Otherwise fax over the inspection and there is a chance he may call. When comparing products, Fidelity seemed like they double the premium from my quote late last year.
That's where I took my car to be inspected. I wasn't sure if it was the dealer he works at, since the Ziegler Auto Group owns several dealerships in the area. How are you guys purchasing the warranty through the website? I searched all over www.chryslerfactoryplans.com and could not find an option to purchase, only an option to receive a quote, along with his e-mial address and phone number.

Edit: Nevermind, you have to go through the quick quote process to purchase. Now I'm going to get ripped off, see below.

Last edited by izzyz28; 01-10-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:25 AM

2004 E55 AMG
If that's what you paid then I'm going to get screwed out of ~$500 because Mike can't pick up the phone. The site just quoted me $3,220 for the 5/70 plan by itself. I'm going to wait to talk to Michael personally and see what's going on. That's a big chunk of change, especially when you conside I've been trying to get ahold of the guy since Christmas.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Who has the Chrysler aftermarket warranty?