W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has the Chrysler aftermarket warranty?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 63 S AMG / Corvette C8 / Jaguar SVR
Originally Posted by AZIPOD
I guess you can lie a little bit. They do ask for your VIN and will probably run a check on it too. If you say a mileage lower than your lowest registered activity on the VIN then they'll probably flag you for fraud.

The purchase is quick over the phone. Only 5 minutes. And you only need $100 to start. Why keep waiting?
AZIPOD which plan did you get? $100 up front, what are your montly payments for the next 12 months or is it 11 more months?
Old 03-24-2009, 02:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W211,E90,E66,E39,E38,NSX,Z32-TT
Originally Posted by InTheBenz0
AZIPOD which plan did you get? $100 up front, what are your montly payments for the next 12 months or is it 11 more months?
I paid $100 up front, and as I understand it, they will bill me 12 more installments for the remaining balance. The price was $3285, I paid $100 to start, so $3185 divide by 12, whatever it comes out to be. I think its in the high 200s if I remember.

It's such a great deal, I think I'll just pay it all off so I can avoid the monthly paying -- it'll save me some work. I cancelled my warranty with Prizm and went with Chrysler.

From what I read, Chrysler's warranty is superior to any other 3rd party company. I have not heard any horror stories about Chrysler.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Ok I just called and spoke with Todd. I told him I had a Benz and he said "Oh must be from MBworld.org" lol. I guess lots of you guys have been calling him. Im going the cheaper route for 2yrs/unlimited miles, $100 deductible for $2030. $100 down and $160 payments for a year. You then have the option to extend it when it ends. 2yrs is good enough for me since I don't seem to keep cars long anyway lol.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by The Godfather
Ok I just called and spoke with Todd. I told him I had a Benz and he said "Oh must be from MBworld.org" lol. I guess lots of you guys have been calling him. Im going the cheaper route for 2yrs/unlimited miles, $100 deductible for $2030. $100 down and $160 payments for a year. You then have the option to extend it when it ends. 2yrs is good enough for me since I don't seem to keep cars long anyway lol.
good move..

you must have an 03' under 60k miles right?
Old 03-24-2009, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Originally Posted by TopGun32
good move..

you must have an 03' under 60k miles right?
Yep 59,900 LOL. No joke! He said "cool"
Old 03-24-2009, 12:48 PM

Yep 59,900 LOL. No joke! He said "cool"

Did you ask for Todd? He's a cool guy to work with.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Did you ask for Todd? He's a cool guy to work with.
No, he's the one it connected me to. Lucky me!
Old 03-24-2009, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55

OT:
That signature pix of yours is.....
Old 03-24-2009, 05:12 PM

CL 65/LX470
I've been researching and following this thread. The info I've googled about DaimlerChrysler Financial is not too rosy. The links are below. It seems that they are a great warranty company now but I'm wondering about long term viability based on their low rates.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...B049535C31F%7D

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...2/ai_n31142893

Daimler is not backing these warranties, this company is an independent spin off according to the financial rating services. Does anyone have any other data about the organization?

I wish the best for MB Forum members that have purchased but I am concerned.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:05 PM

05 E55 AMG, 07 GL450
GoodBeach, aren't these contracts issued insured? E.g. if Chrysler folds the insurer would still honor these?
Old 03-24-2009, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by benjamin4000
GoodBeach, aren't these contracts issued insured? E.g. if Chrysler folds the insurer would still honor these?
Chrysler isn't in the best financial condition, but I doubt that it would ever fail. I think the government will continue to inject them as well as the other major auto players until they are "fed up."

Depending how you look at it, you might have a greater chance of some other 3rd party warranty failing before Chrysler ever does. We all know Chrysler is a legitimate business. However, we can't say the same for the 3rd party companies.

Many of those are privately owned, or family-owned type businesses that do a great job marketing themselves like the big guys. (ie. Great Lakes Warranty, Genuine Warranty Solutions). If you search all of those guys on Google you will find many horror stories regarding wrongful denials.

At least with a Chrysler Warranty, if they ever denied your claim, you can at the least take them to small claims court where you live -- because the law sees your home state as a proper venue if they do a substantial amount of business there (Chrysler sells cars in all 50 states!). With the other companies, you have little recourse if they denied your claim, whether its big or small.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:36 PM

CL 65/LX470
Depending how you look at it, you might have a greater chance of some other 3rd party warranty failing before Chrysler ever does. We all know Chrysler is a legitimate business. However, we can't say the same for the 3rd party companies.

Many of those are privately owned, or family-owned type businesses that do a great job marketing themselves like the big guys. (ie. Great Lakes Warranty, Genuine Warranty Solutions). If you search all of those guys on Google you will find many horror stories regarding wrongful denials.

At least with a Chrysler Warranty, if they ever denied your claim, you can at the least take them to small claims court where you live -- because the law sees your home state as a proper venue if they do a substantial amount of business there (Chrysler sells cars in all 50 states!). With the other companies, you have little recourse if they denied your claim, whether its big or small.
I haven't seen the Chrysler Warranty fine print. Most of these warranties require arbitration in lieu of court.

Chrysler is a separate entity from Chrysler Financial. I agree that most of the aftermarket warranties do not have strong financial ratings. Fidelity Warranty http://www.fidelitywarrantyservices.com/about.aspx has solid finances. Most of the complaints on the web involve their lower level plans. The platinum looks good until the vehicle has 50,000 miles when they exclude wear and tear items.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Ok I signed up and I am officially covered. woo hoo
Old 03-24-2009, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by GoodBeach
I haven't seen the Chrysler Warranty fine print. Most of these warranties require arbitration in lieu of court.

Chrysler is a separate entity from Chrysler Financial. I agree that most of the aftermarket warranties do not have strong financial ratings. Fidelity Warranty http://www.fidelitywarrantyservices.com/about.aspx has solid finances. Most of the complaints on the web involve their lower level plans. The platinum looks good until the vehicle has 50,000 miles when they exclude wear and tear items.
I have came across Fidelity once, and had heard good things.

You are absolutely correct! Most Service-Agreements require mandatory arbitration -- these are the bad ones!!! Not only that, they require that arbitration to be filed in THEIR venue.

The Chrysler contract has no such requirement, another plus! Guys, I've done my share of shopping and purchasing of 3rd party service contracts throughout the years. I work in a similar industry, and I would confidently say that I know more about this than your average joe.

The Chrysler deal is a good investment. Yes, if they tank, we're probably screwed. But with all things being considered, they would probably be the one who would have no problem paying $10k for your engine if it blows up as oppose to "some other" 3rd party warranty claiming its wear and tear and ultimately denying your claim.

The contract language for Chrysler is well written too. It doesn't have one of those "got ya" languages. Here's a common caveat found in A LOT of 3rd party service contracts. "The following parts are covered: Engine, Transmission, but at the end, they stick a little sentence between all the other components they intentionally list to cover up "if only damaged by an internal lubricated part." If you have one of those contracts, forget it. If your engine ever goes because you over heat (yes! you'll pull over right away!), any damage won't be covered since it wasnt caused by an "internal lubricated part."

Sorry for going on and on. I just want you guys to choose the right plan, and protect your toy. I'm sure there's plenty of us out there who think they're covered when they're not. It's a false sense of security.

Last edited by AZIPOD; 03-25-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
This is awesome news as I was going to sell my car due to it coming out of warranty next year. Thanks guys.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This thread, my thread, and this other thread (click here)
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...003-e55-2.html

SHOULD BE A STICKY.

They talk about a few diff warranties, pros/cons, prices, contact information etc. I don't think many people know that it is actually affordable to get a trustworthy aftermarket warranty on an AMG/600 model after the factory or CPO is gone.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:29 PM

e55
so I've called and spoken with 2 different people. First chick asked me how many miles and I told them (58,837). She said I would have to contact a dealership for that many miles. Called again and spoke with a guy, Thomas. He asked what year....'03. Gotta go to a dealership he told me.

I'm calling and asking for Todd to see if I can get anywhere.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:22 PM

e55
3rd times a charm... Offered 4 yrs unlimited miles for $3,285 or 5yrs 70k miles for the same price....

I think I'm going to go with the 5 yrs....

This guy Todd is very aware of us and probably really appreciates the business. "You probably heard about me from some guys blog."

I too am concerned with the financials of Chrysler right now but in this article....

http://www.cnbc.com/id/29956752

...Obama said the government will stand behind warranties issued by any of these (chrysler) automakers.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by catbread
3rd times a charm... Offered 4 yrs unlimited miles for $3,285 or 5yrs 70k miles for the same price....

I think I'm going to go with the 5 yrs....

This guy Todd is very aware of us and probably really appreciates the business. "You probably heard about me from some guys blog."

I too am concerned with the financials of Chrysler right now but in this article....

http://www.cnbc.com/id/29956752

...Obama said the government will stand behind warranties issued by any of these (chrysler) automakers.
Good deal! Todd is the man.

Realistically, GM or Chrysler isn't going to tank, Obama won't let them. If they did, it would basically leave Ford to dominate the American market. Hehehe, It's not going to happen (any time soon).
Old 03-30-2009, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Good deal! Todd is the man.

Realistically, GM or Chrysler isn't going to tank, Obama won't let them. If they did, it would basically leave Ford to dominate the American market. Hehehe, It's not going to happen (any time soon).
Do you have Tod's direct extension? thanks!
Old 03-30-2009, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Do you have Tod's direct extension? thanks!

It's 800-442-2666 x6781 for Todd. Tell him you're from the MBworld board.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:13 PM

E63 AMG & CLK350
I purchased a Chrysler Extended Warranty from Michael Case based on other members' recommendation. Unless you are the original owner or purchase through an MB dealer, you are not eligible for the MB Factory Extended Warranty.

Although my car is newer, I don't want to run the risk of being out of warranty as I know how expensive repairs on a high performance vehicle can be. My previous E46 M3 needed new coils about 6 months after my factory warranty went out and I had to pay out of pocket to have it repaired. Thankfully, I had a hook up at a local shop and didn't have to pay an outrageous amount of money to fix it.

I checked out dozens of aftermarket warranty companies, including Fidelity which was recommended by my local Fletcher Jones MB dealer. Their rates were insane! Their least expensive plan was 2yrs/24k miles (added to current) for $3400!!

Michael was very easy to work with and answered every question I had. I also have an amazing service advisor named Leslie who took care of the required inspection without charging me, so the entire deal was pretty painless. The rates he offered are also very reasonable compared to other companies I looked at. It also gives me peace of mind knowing I can contact him any time.

Anyhoo, sorry for the long post. Just wanted to be as informative as I can!
Old 03-30-2009, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Originally Posted by LADY_AMG
I purchased a Chrysler Extended Warranty from Michael Case based on other members' recommendation. Unless you are the original owner or purchase through an MB dealer, you are not eligible for the MB Factory Extended Warranty.

Although my car is newer, I don't want to run the risk of being out of warranty as I know how expensive repairs on a high performance vehicle can be. My previous E46 M3 needed new coils about 6 months after my factory warranty went out and I had to pay out of pocket to have it repaired. Thankfully, I had a hook up at a local shop and didn't have to pay an outrageous amount of money to fix it.

I checked out dozens of aftermarket warranty companies, including Fidelity which was recommended by my local Fletcher Jones MB dealer. Their rates were insane! Their least expensive plan was 2yrs/24k miles (added to current) for $3400!!

Michael was very easy to work with and answered every question I had. I also have an amazing service advisor named Leslie who took care of the required inspection without charging me, so the entire deal was pretty painless. The rates he offered are also very reasonable compared to other companies I looked at. It also gives me peace of mind knowing I can contact him any time.

Anyhoo, sorry for the long post. Just wanted to be as informative as I can!

Uhh... I think you're just wasting your money. Your car is under warranty until 2012 or so or up to 50K miles. I would've gotten the warranty closing in on the date or mileage but definitely not now.

And what required inspection are you talking about?
Old 03-30-2009, 07:46 PM

E63 AMG & CLK350
Uhh... I think you're just wasting your money. Your car is under warranty until 2012 or so or up to 50K miles. I would've gotten the warranty closing in on the date or mileage but definitely not now.

Well, I drive a lot and since I purchased it instead of leasing, I'm not sure how long I'll keep it. Plus, the warranty is always transferrable, so if I decide to sell it, the next owner can enjoy the peace of mind of having a warranty.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This was covered somewhere. With going through Michael Case who is with Zeigler Automotive Group, an inspection is required. However, the plans are a bit cheaper. Savings of about $200-$250 on each plan.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Who has the Chrysler aftermarket warranty?