W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old Skool Members.. I'm BITTER about our car value!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
Old Skool Members.. I'm BITTER about our car value!

I have only seen two other black 211E55's in my county in the last three years and one is a board member. Today I saw three new ones with black 19's. All these Nooblets talking about picking them up for 30k has me worked up. I got new insurance last week and they are only covering the car for 31k. WTF! I can't even replace the engine for that price. Is this is sick dream? Is Arnie still going to raise my tags? Do we qualify for a bailout? Pshhh All washed up at 34k miles.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Hahaha...I hear you Angela! That is why I opted for the grand daddy 65..., Too many 55's around my way. I sure miss it though.. I made sure my 65 does not look like a grandpa drives it.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:41 PM

e55
Originally Posted by BENZGal
I have only seen two other black 211E55's in my county in the last three years and one is a board member. Today I saw three new ones with black 19's. All these Nooblets talking about picking them up for 30k has me worked up. I got new insurance last week and they are only covering the car for 31k. WTF! I can't even replace the engine for that price. Is this is sick dream? Is Arnie still going to raise my tags? Do we qualify for a bailout? Pshhh All washed up at 34k miles.
awwww poor baby now u know how i feel lol.. hope ur feeling better .. i wanna get rid of my car so bad but damn i'm gonna take a beating on it . wait i have an idea u should buy it so u have a faster car then u have now hehehehe....
Old 04-01-2009, 10:43 PM

E63 AMG & CLK350
Sorry to hear. It was worse with my M3. Once place offered me 15k for trade in.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Benzgal, I can get you a new engine for 15k, so all is not lost.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:46 PM

e55
Originally Posted by Mister Brenton
15k hmmmmmmmmm after i put NOS on to beat that 10.5 record i might need ya if i blow my engine lol
Old 04-01-2009, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
I've given up wondering what our cars are worth...I'd rather drink some a single malt and get smashed with a good stogie. It'll never be as high as we want based on our personal investment in time and money.

I just look at it as a prospective buyer of a highline cars...I like the idea that someone else took the depreciation hit besides me...prime example is my
SL65.

As far as seeing other black E55's running around, that is PART of the reason I mod beyond just tint and rims. I'd like to know my car is different even though I'm probably the only one who can notice most of the details.

I say just roll down the windows and ride it like you stole it and remember that "sick dream" is a dream most folks won't ever experience.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:57 PM

e55
i agree with what u said AMGfan . and btw that sl65 is sick.. tell chris he sucks at working on cars lol just kidding he's a great guy and runs a nice shop .. he did some work on my car longtime ago
Old 04-01-2009, 11:02 PM

CLK 320
Every thing has went down price. Only thing about cars it's not likely to go back up. On the watch forums I've seen a big decrease in prices. Good thing about that is they can go back up.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
Originally Posted by Mister Brenton
sooo how much for a 65 engine?
ive always wanted a CLS 65
Old 04-01-2009, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lady,
I think the BMW's are holding values a little better? You made a good choice.

Vinny,
No, I'm still sick with a cold and cranky. Isn't that obvious? LOL My new mods will kill you regardless of DA. Stop picking on me and bring me soup.

Jody,
Yeah, I'm a fool with two of these 55's. That 100k DTM on eBay looks very good right now.

Mister,
It's not the block price I'm worried about, Hartmut got me a great one for less than that. It's replacing my wheels, new block, and mods if something happens.

AMGfan,
I get over stuff pretty quick. My car is unique so that makes me happy. You are good at calming ladies down. Alllllright! I'll take it in the shorts and smile.

Nomo,
Another reason I need that DTM.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
i just don't think about it. however, i've gotten to enjoy more miles out of mine than most so i guess i feel a little more compensated than others.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
'03 E55 (My Daily), '01 ML 320 (Wifey), Twin Turbo '69 Camaro (In Progess)
If only the cost of parts for our cars would drop commensurately, we'd all be in a good position! I think I'm gonna continue to build up my project car since its so much cheaper to make big power as I wouldn't want to break the daily driver. Twin turbo small block should be built up anyway in about a month. Goal is 800 HP using turbonetics 60mm 'hair dryers' on a 383 small block. Good thing it retains it's value!
Old 04-01-2009, 11:57 PM

e55
Lady,
I think the BMW's are holding values a little better? You made a good choice.

Vinny,
No, I'm still sick with a cold and cranky. Isn't that obvious? LOL My new mods will kill you regardless of DA. Stop picking on me and bring me soup.

Jody,
Yeah, I'm a fool with two of these 55's. That 100k DTM on eBay looks very good right now.

Mister,
It's not the block price I'm worried about, Hartmut got me a great one for less than that. It's replacing my wheels, new block, and mods if something happens.

AMGfan,
I get over stuff pretty quick. My car is unique so that makes me happy. You are good at calming ladies down. Alllllright! I'll take it in the shorts and smile.

Nomo,
Another reason I need that DTM.
lol not a chance in he** will u beat me but since ur sick i'll let u win
Old 04-01-2009, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by NOMO
Every thing has went down price. Only thing about cars it's not likely to go back up. On the watch forums I've seen a big decrease in prices. Good thing about that is they can go back up.
tell me about it! i just picked up a blancpain for a half what i would have paid a year or so ago and like you said, it will likely recover it's value in the future. not that i'd ever sell a watch unless i absolutely had to...i'd rather pass them down to the children i keep saying i'm going to have.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I hear what you're saying Angela, but if you look on the bright side, sometimes you can make depreciation work for you..... SL65s are looking so good right now

I don't mean to make things worse, but last time out at the auction, I saw a 2006 E55 with 32k miles and very good condition with a starting bid of around $23k I can't remember what it ended up selling for, but I'm pretty sure it sold for under $30k. The same happened with the E63s...... they are down to $48k in the auction and once the new W212 E63 hits the market, they'll be in the $30k range in no time.

Almost no car is immune to this...... M5s and M6s were doing slightly better in terms of depreciation, but they still had HUGE depreciation numbers.

I am waiting until the SL65 BS is down to 50% of initial value, then I would be all over those

Last edited by MB_Forever; 04-02-2009 at 04:10 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by AMGfan
I've given up wondering what our cars are worth...I'd rather drink some a single malt and get smashed with a good stogie. It'll never be as high as we want based on our personal investment in time and money.
Jon, you're scaring me. I just said pretty much the same thing this weekend while watching F1 with a nice glass of a fine Spanish Brandy and some Rocky Patels...

Scary bro, scary.

-m
Old 04-02-2009, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
BENZGal,

If it's any consolation... you should look at other luxury car prices... Lambos, Porsches, Astons... they all got hit very hard. I can pick up an '09 LP560-4 with 1000 miles for under $200k. New it's $260? An '08 Gallardo Spyder? $150k. That's what an '06 E55 owner has lost in 3-4 years sped up to 1 year or less.

Enjoy your car and don't worry too much about everyone else, the battle to stay ahead of everyone for the shear reason of doing so isn't something you can win nor if you could, would it make you happy...

-m
Old 04-02-2009, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mikey,
I think you have three times my miles. You have beat the **** out of that car and I could only get a few thousand more. I have been on the phone with him when he floors it just to switch lanes.LOL

Vinny,
You did 11.2 with a low DA and more mods. My car did 11.3 with a soft launch and DA of 1616. My car is ready to settle this score! Where is my soup?

Mo,
Damn! What are CL65's going for? Not interested in BS. DTM...heck yeah!
Old 04-02-2009, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG 030
well i was lucky enough to get a E55 at a good price 3 months ago , but my dad on the other hand bought a F430 for 225k a year and a half ago and now he is selling it for 145k so figure he lost 85k. So when you are blue it could always be worse lol
Old 04-02-2009, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mikey,
I think you have three times my miles. You have beat the **** out of that car and I could only get a few thousand more. I have been on the phone with him when he floors it just to switch lanes.LOL
i know u didn't mean anything by that but there's a difference between driving a car the way it should be driven and beating the **** out of it. whatever I'm doing is working accordind to my recent dyno numbers and besides the typical paint wear and tear, I'd challenge anyone to say my car isn't in better shape than most that have less than half the miles!
Old 04-02-2009, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Bbearden,
Isn't that the truth! I just paid $1300 to relace a fuel pump.

Marcus,
Take my venting is sarcastic banter. I'm a true car mod junkie who has spent more on my mods than purchase price. LOL I will still buy these fast cars and waste money on them. It's an illness.

Mikey,
Idea about the car. Save it for Junior, he will like it more than the watch.

Last edited by BENZGal; 04-02-2009 at 01:09 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by chiromikey
i know u didn't mean anything by that but there's a difference between driving a car the way it should be driven and beating the **** out of it. whatever I'm doing is working accordind to my recent dyno numbers and besides the typical paint wear and tear, I'd challenge anyone to say my car isn't in better shape than most that have less than half the miles!
I meant that you are the best at driving our car and really enjoy it. Your car is in great shape and beautiful. I guess **** was a bad choice of words. I love watching you drive the 211's, and listening to it is even better.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

...Mikey,
Idea about the car. Save it for Junior so when he hits a cat on accident like Dad, you won't need to fix the bumper. The cats fine animal lovers.
lol, i saved that cat's life by timing his impact so my mesh grill absorbed all the force. i doubt it even cost him a half life while it cost me an hour to reshape my grill to remove his body print!
Old 04-02-2009, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
BENZGal,

If it's any consolation... you should look at other luxury car prices... Lambos, Porsches, Astons... they all got hit very hard. I can pick up an '09 LP560-4 with 1000 miles for under $200k. New it's $260? An '08 Gallardo Spyder? $150k. That's what an '06 E55 owner has lost in 3-4 years sped up to 1 year or less.

Enjoy your car and don't worry too much about everyone else, the battle to stay ahead of everyone for the shear reason of doing so isn't something you can win nor if you could, would it make you happy...

-m
I think the absolute worse depreciating car was my father's bentley arnage,

It retailed for 260,000 (and thats what he paid) and sold it for 130,000 a YEAR AND A HALF later!!!!!

I mean, I know I am not alone in saying that my car is worth a third of what i paid for it, I think that this applies to at least 50% of the people here.

this economy is killing the car market, but a car is not an investment, you buy it because you love it...

Last edited by aleksandar1099; 04-02-2009 at 02:03 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Old Skool Members.. I'm BITTER about our car value!