My horrible experience with Chyrsler Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 w211 E55
My horrible experience with Chyrsler Warranty

Long story but before you put your cash into someone else's pocket I think it's worth reading.

I wanted to share my experience with the purchase I made from Chrysler warranty. There is a thread open now about it but I wanted to post a new thread so that anyone who is looking to purchase this warranty or has this warranty to look out for the problem I encountered. To start I purchased the 5 year/70k mile plan for $3285 with $100 deductible. I was asked for my VIN and mileage on the car and I gave the correct vin and "est. mileage" on the car. I encountered a problem and took my car into a Mercedes dealership and they found the car needed a new "BCU". My service advisor called the chrysler warranty and told them the problem and they said it is covered but the mileage I gave them is incorrect to the actual mileage on the car! This is where it begins, my car has 31,822 EXACT miles and I told them when I bought it about a week and half ago that it had around 31,800 or 900 but less then 32, so I made it clear I wasn't sure and was never asked if that was the EXACT MILEAGE. I called the salesman I bought the warranty from and I told him the problem and he said he was in shock that they are giving me a hard time for something like this because it's not a huge gap in the mileage I gave them and what I actually have and then told me he that he was going to look into it. So a couple of days go by with absoluetly no progress and then I was told that I have to go to a Chrysler dealership to fix the mileage problem so I said no god damm way, I told him cancel my warranty now and he gave me a # to call to cancel so I called mercedes 1st and told them to begin the work and my bill is now $1040 out of pocket. I call the # the sales guy gave me to cancel and he tells me you need to go to a chrysler dealer to cancel your warranty!!! Either way I have to go to chrysler and me being STUPID I decided I might as well keep the warranty if I have to go to a chrysler dealer so I call the salesman who sold me the warranty and asked him what do I have to do to fix the problem and he told just to cancel and get rid of the warranty even though I told him I'm paying out of pocket for this repair and that I wanted to keep it. I told them I was willing to keep the warranty after the hell I've been going through and he said just get rid of it and cancel?? I have an appt to speak to someone at chrysler on thursday......make sure if you buy this warranty give THE EXACT MILEAGE.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63 AMG
wow I am thinking about getting that Chrysler warranty. So if your car has problem, you can take it back to any mercedes dealer and they will fix it there with the Chyrsker warranty ?

The reason I asks is my wife 911 has third party warranty, but last time she has transmission problem, porsche dealer won't fix it, they send us to AMCO (LOL, can you believe this? Ya right AMCO, they don't even have the tools to take the tranny out).
Old 04-14-2009, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Sorry you had such a problem, but I think your experience is the exception not the rule.
The Chrysler warranty paid off without a hitch for me on multiple occasions.

To Cedric, it paid the Mercedes dealer each time.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
Why didn't you just got to the Chrysler dealership the first time and get the mileage squared away?
Old 04-14-2009, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by bobgodd
Why didn't you just got to the Chrysler dealership the first time and get the mileage squared away?
I was reading the other thread and did what some of the other guys did. I called them up choose the plan and they told me your vehicle will be covered in 10 mins! I thought it sounded great, no inspection, no hassles, it was literally 10 mins. Then problem after problem began to happen.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by DFW01E55
Sorry you had such a problem, but I think your experience is the exception not the rule.

This is the reason why I bought the warranty from them. A few members here were very pleased with them and thats why I choose them but it's my luck that it happened this way. I just want to make sure anyone who buys this warranty should give the exact maileage on the car so what happened to me doesn't happen to anyone else.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:05 PM

07 E63 AMG / 07 C230 / 14 E350
Sorry to hear that!, Did you end up cancel the warranty or decide to keep it?..
Old 04-14-2009, 06:09 PM

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts
2006 E55 Wagon (RIP), 2019 E63S Wagon (Sold) 2023 AMG GT634S
It sounds like a simple keypunch error in that they put in 32,000, and then when your SA calls and gives the mileage at 31,822, it says 'not covered'.

And - if you bought this a week and a half ago, this is likely a pre-existing condition. I suspect your mileage thing, along with date, raised all sorts of red flags.

When did this problem first occur? As an outsider looking in - it looks pretty fishy.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by JoelE55
Sorry to hear that!, Did you end up cancel the warranty or decide to keep it?..
Thanks, I made an appointment to see a manager at my local chrysler dealer for thursday so I'm going to decide by then what I'm going to do but after my salesman told me to "just get rid of it", I think I'm going to just do that.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
05 e55
i am truly very sorry to hear about your experience... this story goes both ways, i understand where chrysler stands, i understand where you stand too... chrysler is just trying to ensure there is no type of fraudelent claim going on, and they have good reason to... what i would find out is, exactly what mileage was entered into the contract... how much is the number off? yes you gave them an approximate number, but you must enter a precise number when activating the contract in the dealerconnect system...

if you want, give me your contract # and i can see what was entered etc etc... you can pm it to me... also pm me the specifics of the story, including exactly how much the mileage was off... i have a contact high up that made shyt happen when i had trouble with my warranty... my vehicle was done, and a week later chrysler still had not paid the mb dealer... i contacted my guy, and minutes later mb called me to pick up... keep your head up, it's a great warranty and i am confident all will be ok... there are far more positive stories than negative... let's try and make this a positive too!
Old 04-14-2009, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by Uber Wagon
It sounds like a simple keypunch error in that they put in 32,000, and then when your SA calls and gives the mileage at 31,822, it says 'not covered'.

And - if you bought this a week and a half ago, this is likely a pre-existing condition. I suspect your mileage thing, along with date, raised all sorts of red flags.

When did this problem first occur? As an outsider looking in - it looks pretty fishy.
There was no red flags or pre-existing condition. I bought the warranty before the problem and the warranty company gave me no problems or red flags about that. Only Red flag is the mileage problem. The problem was covered but just couldn't be repaired because I have less mileage then what i told them. After i was told to visit a chrysler dealer, I told them I want to cancel and began work on the car but like I said when I tried to cancel I was told again I need to visit a chrysler dealer. I figured $$$$ happens and I'll just keep them for the fact that I know a few satisfied members with them and once I fix the mileage problem everything should be ok. Then the sales rep said cancel and get rid of it....
Old 04-14-2009, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by harjothundal
i am truly very sorry to hear about your experience... this story goes both ways, i understand where chrysler stands, i understand where you stand too... chrysler is just trying to ensure there is no type of fraudelent claim going on, and they have good reason to... what i would find out is, exactly what mileage was entered into the contract... how much is the number off? yes you gave them an approximate number, but you must enter a precise number when activating the contract in the dealerconnect system...

if you want, give me your contract # and i can see what was entered etc etc... you can pm it to me... also pm me the specifics of the story, including exactly how much the mileage was off... i have a contact high up that made shyt happen when i had trouble with my warranty... my vehicle was done, and a week later chrysler still had not paid the mb dealer... i contacted my guy, and minutes later mb called me to pick up... keep your head up, it's a great warranty and i am confident all will be ok... there are far more positive stories than negative... let's try and make this a positive too!
Thanks alot man I appreciate your help. They got me in at 31,875 and I have exactly 31,822. The contract # should be the warranty # they gave me right? I wanted to look up some other warranties before I go to the chrysler on thursday because I don't feel I'm going to stick with them.

Last edited by E55AMGGG04; 04-14-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
Narrative is a bit confusing. You indicate that they say the work is covered, so they will cover the work...but you have to get the mileage fixed. So, get the mileage fixed ?
Old 04-14-2009, 06:53 PM

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts
2006 E55 Wagon (RIP), 2019 E63S Wagon (Sold) 2023 AMG GT634S
What I mean by red flag is this:

You buy a warranty 10 days ago. You give them an approximate mileage.

Fast forward to today (or yesterday or whatever) a mere +/- 10 days after buying a warranty, and within 100 miles of your starting mileage and you have a claim for a BCU (body control module?) for $1040?

You don't think that looks a little fishy?
Old 04-14-2009, 07:08 PM

05 e55
Originally Posted by E55AMGGG04
Thanks alot man I appreciate your help. They got me in at 31,875 and I have exactly 31,822. The contract # should be the warranty # they gave me right? I wanted to look up some other warranties before I go to the chrysler on thursday because I don't feel I'm going to stick with them.
well, if i can do anything to help you resolve this let me know... like i said, i understand both sides of the story... it's just unfortunate that such a small mistake has led to a rather big issue...
Old 04-14-2009, 07:44 PM

W211,E90,E66,E39,E38,NSX,Z32-TT
Sorry to hear about this problem. If Chrysler accepted your "approx mileage," then they shouldn't have given you trouble for reporting the claim with the mileage being a little bit off. However, at the same time, since a claim is put in within days after purchasing the warranty with a mileage discrepancy, it just doesn't look very good. With speculation, I would say that whatever failure you had was pre-existing.

$1000+ is not little money. At the end, if you're up to it, you can always take them to Small Claims in NY to recover your dough. Chrysler will decide to either fly someone in from MI to defend it or simply pay your claim. If they settle with you, make sure the Release does not include a condition for them to end your policy (thats if you want to stay with them). Consider using your rights to the judicial system. Almost all of the other 3rd party warranties prohibits you from filing suit, they demand arbitration IN THEIR venue. Chrysler does not because its a better policy --- use this to your advantage!

Just FYI, if you file suit in NYC, you might get letters from The People's Court, Judge Judy, etc. These are legit soliciation from the producers to the show. They will enter into a contract with you that if you participate on their show, in exchange for your entertainment performance, they will pay X-amount to you even if you lose. Just FYI.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by DFW01E55

+1.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
Not to be a douche but you should have given them the correct mileage of the vehicle and waited more than a week (100 miles) to make your first claim.

On a positive note - don't feel bad because they would have not covered it anyway, they would have said it's a "pre-exsisting condition". I've heard of them being very cautious and denying larger claims within the first 30 days

Another words I learned that the hard way, don't cancel your warranty. It will pay for it self !!!! Mine paid for itself 2 months later.

Last edited by prodigymb; 04-14-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by Uber Wagon
What I mean by red flag is this:

You buy a warranty 10 days ago. You give them an approximate mileage.

Fast forward to today (or yesterday or whatever) a mere +/- 10 days after buying a warranty, and within 100 miles of your starting mileage and you have a claim for a BCU (body control module?) for $1040?

You don't think that looks a little fishy?
You see of course I can see what your saying but the issue here has NOTHING TO DO WITH PRE-EXISTING PROBLEMS. I'm sure I'm not the only 1 in the enitre world that this happened too. My problem is with the mileage error and thats it. I work too hard to for my money and don't plan on milking anyone out of theirs.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You see of course I can see what your saying but the issue here has NOTHING TO DO WITH PRE-EXISTING PROBLEMS. I'm sure I'm not the only 1 in the enitre world that this happened too. My problem is with the mileage error and thats it. I work too hard to for my money and don't plan on milking anyone out of theirs.
....they don't know that. put yourself into claim reps position that has to approve your claim. like said in my previous post - don't get discouraged, the warranty will pay for itself and then some.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by prodigymb
Not to be a douche but you should have given them the correct mileage of the vehicle and waited more than a week (100 miles) to make your first claim.

On a positive note - don't feel bad because they would have not covered it anyway, they would have said it's a "pre-exsisting condition". I've heard of them being very cautious and denying larger claims within the first 30 days

Another words I learned that the hard way, don't cancel your warranty. It will pay for it self !!!! Mine paid for itself 2 months later.
I wouldn't have mind if they didn't except the claim because I understand they are a business and are protecting themselves. I was willing to pay for it if they didnt except the claim but it was worth explaining what happened. I was never told to give EXACT mileage otherwise I could've went outside to check but since I wasn't bothered about it I thought it was ok.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by AZIPOD
Sorry to hear about this problem. If Chrysler accepted your "approx mileage," then they shouldn't have given you trouble for reporting the claim with the mileage being a little bit off. However, at the same time, since a claim is put in within days after purchasing the warranty with a mileage discrepancy, it just doesn't look very good. With speculation, I would say that whatever failure you had was pre-existing.

$1000+ is not little money. At the end, if you're up to it, you can always take them to Small Claims in NY to recover your dough. Chrysler will decide to either fly someone in from MI to defend it or simply pay your claim. If they settle with you, make sure the Release does not include a condition for them to end your policy (thats if you want to stay with them). Consider using your rights to the judicial system. Almost all of the other 3rd party warranties prohibits you from filing suit, they demand arbitration IN THEIR venue. Chrysler does not because its a better policy --- use this to your advantage!

Just FYI, if you file suit in NYC, you might get letters from The People's Court, Judge Judy, etc. These are legit soliciation from the producers to the show. They will enter into a contract with you that if you participate on their show, in exchange for your entertainment performance, they will pay X-amount to you even if you lose. Just FYI.
LOL that's funny. Judge Judy . I don't have time to go to court and I don't think it's worth it for me. I'm just confused on why I was told
"get rid of it" and "cancel it" after I told them I'm willing to keep the warranty and pay for the problem myself.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by harjothundal
well, if i can do anything to help you resolve this let me know... like i said, i understand both sides of the story... it's just unfortunate that such a small mistake has led to a rather big issue...
I really appreciate your support. I need to figure things out before thursday because I'm completely confused. A option I was thinking about was canceling it and then buying a new one from chrysler. I want to get a inspection on vehicle and give them all the correct information this way I will not except any BS and take them to court for $10 if I have to if I encounter some kind of other issue.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LOL that's funny. Judge Judy . I don't have time to go to court and I don't think it's worth it for me. I'm just confused on why I was told
"get rid of it" and "cancel it" after I told them I'm willing to keep the warranty and pay for the problem myself.
they told me that i can canel it too when i called to complain about my frist visit being denied. they just give you the option which is nice - be happy!

my friend got a warranty from a 3rd party 2 months ago for his SL55 AMG and they deny everything and will not let him cancel it.....
Old 04-15-2009, 01:37 AM

W211,E90,E66,E39,E38,NSX,Z32-TT
You don't have time to spend an hour in court for $1000? You must make a lot of money. If that's the case, you really don't need the warranty if you can afford to pay for all your repairs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My horrible experience with Chyrsler Warranty