Sponsored by:

SL65 VRP825 vs Nissan GTR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Plus I gotta be honest, the poor car must be just tripping up here at altitude if he hasn't reset ecu through battery disconnect.

New2this, have you been driving the car just like she came from LA?? (battery not disconnected etc)

Never forget when I started my car up after coming straight from sea level down in Costa Mesa. Poor thing was tripping. Stomped it in front of my neighbors and was humiliated when she wouldn't even light up the tires.

Battery reset and allowing ECU to adjust to being in the clouds and she ran tons better.

If I had known you were gonna take him on, I would have had you run down to Ken and had him do a battery disconnect so the ECU TCU could reset and readjust.

If you are into turning wrenches, just do it in your garage. It's a piece of cake. Keep it disconnected for bout 30 mins or so.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65 VRP1000 and 20" Monolites
Hey Jim,

I have not unhooked the battery yet..

I will do that right now..

She will light up the tires though.. about 50-60ft worth of rubber without traction control on..

When will you be available to give this thing a real race? I can't stand running against rice.. little 2.6L 3000lb car.. like a tin can..
Old 04-21-2009, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Just make sure you turn steering wheel end to end and few times with it started afterwards. Not sure if you really need to on the 65's, but couldn't hurt.

After that, take it out on the highway for a couple WOT throttle runs so ECU can get a feel and you should be good to go.

Dynoing one last time today and then I will be fully prepared to get killed after that. Let's try to do something next week as my wife is not feeling too hot this week and she is a gem for letting me sneak off tonight to the dyno.

Bout all I am really interested in is how quick the kill takes place. If you slowly walk away from me, I will drive home humbled but happy. If it isn't even close, I am gonna have to call a suicide hotline.

All the blood sweat and tears into this car to have it killed hard is gonna be a hard one.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Just make sure you turn steering wheel end to end and few times with it started afterwards. Not sure if you really need to on the 65's, but couldn't hurt.

After that, take it out on the highway for a couple WOT throttle runs so ECU can get a feel and you should be good to go.

Dynoing one last time today and then I will be fully prepared to get killed after that. Let's try to do something next week as my wife is not feeling too hot this week and she is a gem for letting me sneak off tonight to the dyno.

Bout all I am really interested in is how quick the kill takes place. If you slowly walk away from me, I will drive home humbled but happy. If it isn't even close, I am gonna have to call a suicide hotline.

All the blood sweat and tears into this car to have it killed hard is gonna be a hard one.
I'm not certain this Batt re-set trick works on the V12TT's it didn't on my 600, all it did was the opposite lost all my adaptives/aggressive driving habits & drove like it was starting in Comfort mode till I beat on her for a day or so & re-set my aggressive driving style. Tho maybe dif for the 65 AMG models?

If you didn't notice any but dyno loss in power after return from CA, I think your 65 is like the 600.