Vadim -FEDOR DEZYN- What a great guy!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Vadim -FEDOR DEZYN- What a great guy!!

I installed a custom CAI w/Foam Cone filters, took her for a spin last night couldn't really tell if but dyno registered a gain, def felt strong & you can clearly hear the surging sound from the waste gates opening and closing now

I notice engine temps a lil' hot? quickly go home & see smoke/steam rising from hood! shut engine off, coolant blew it's bags everywhere I nearly sh_t myself thinking I somehow sabotaged my German hoar

I call Vadim, he reassures me it must simply be a cracked/cut coolant line (Vadim even called me back later to confirm/help me further) I couldn't tell it was too dark out, tho sure enough upon inspection in morning main return coolant line had come loose from it's snap fitment above fan shroud & fell behind fan blades (clearly had been there for some time due to extensive wear & I noticed a different noise coming from the fan area last few months)

$33.00 hose has been ordered, tried cutting bad part of hose off & reattaching but too short argh.. (much better than dealer visit plus $150 warranty deductible)

THANK YOU VADIM!!You are truly an asset to this forum
Old 04-21-2009, 09:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
'03 E55 (My Daily), '01 ML 320 (Wifey), Twin Turbo '69 Camaro (In Progess)
Are you doing away with the new intake? Sounds like the foam filters are located in the engine compartment and caused the engine to run hotter than normal. I was curious what kind of effect that type of setup would have on engine temps and IATs. I wanted to try a setup like this on my car but now I may wait. Am excited for Vadim to wrap up the design on his intake system that brings the filters in front of the radiator. I want more supercharger noise!
Old 04-21-2009, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
nice to know, if only Vadim would let me know if he got porterfield brake pads
Old 04-21-2009, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by bbearden
Are you doing away with the new intake? Sounds like the foam filters are located in the engine compartment and caused the engine to run hotter than normal. I was curious what kind of effect that type of setup would have on engine temps and IATs. I wanted to try a setup like this on my car but now I may wait. Am excited for Vadim to wrap up the design on his intake system that brings the filters in front of the radiator. I want more supercharger noise!
No the foam cone filters were cool to touch & had nothing to do w/Coolant hose failure (it popped off it's snap fiting & fell behind fan blades, I noticed intermittent labored sound from fan area a few months ago & figured it was nothing, it must've been their for a few months due to amount of damage to outter skin on rubber hose) It was purely coincidence after CAI install Def keeping the new CAI until install of -FEDOR DEZYN-825pkg

Last edited by Thericker; 04-21-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
'03 E55 (My Daily), '01 ML 320 (Wifey), Twin Turbo '69 Camaro (In Progess)
Where did you buy your CAI? I have seen something similar on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...Q5fAccessories

but I would end up swapping out the foam for conical K&Ns. I think it would flow better than stock and make the Lysholm whine nicely, but sucking in the air from under the hood is the only drawback that I can see.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:01 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Ricker, thank you!!

I am glad your car is OK.

Karlson, my apologies.

I am still waiting on a call back from Portefield. I will stop by them tomorrow and check on your pads.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by bbearden
Where did you buy your CAI? I have seen something similar on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...Q5fAccessories

but I would end up swapping out the foam for conical K&Ns. I think it would flow better than stock and make the Lysholm whine nicely, but sucking in the air from under the hood is the only drawback that I can see.
That's the same product (I just needed some type of CAI mod to tide me over) The Foam air-filters out flow K&N's big time just try shooting compressed air thru inside on both & place your hand on out-side you can feel huge diff in air-flow.

I just 86'd the polished piping (it was too long, the supplied coupler, C-clamps, & Cone Filters are Top notch quality) If I can hear my wastegates this clearly now, I can only imagine the blower whine you'll get

The Foam Cone filters have a big spring inside to hold their shape also makes them very pliable, I mated them snugly up to fact openings so majority of air is indeed coming from outside the engine bay (pictures after I get the new coolant hose later this week)

Last edited by Thericker; 04-22-2009 at 12:21 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Vadim @ FD
Ricker, thank you!!

I am glad your car is OK.

Karlson, my apologies.

I am still waiting on a call back from Portefield. I will stop by them tomorrow and check on your pads.
I look fwd to you working on my SL in the near future
Old 04-22-2009, 12:30 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
That is why Vadim is a friend first.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by jangy
That is why Vadim is a friend first.