*** SCAM BY WELL KNOWN VENDOR ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by GARY JAVO
I don't have loyalty to any MB tuner. This is a fresh slate for me. I am collecting information to help me decide who I should trust my car and money with. There seem to be several reputable tuners for these cars. VRP was one of the ones that I was considering. Now, I read that, at best, there could be some customer service issues with this vendor. I reacted by pushing this tuner down a little on the list of potential people I am willing to give my business to.

With all of that said, I admit that I have not taken the time to get up to speed on who Victor, Vadim, and VRP are, and how they are all connected. I assumed that these three things were synonymous. Someone care to clear that up?
Gary, I could tell you I have not had 1 problem with VRP or Victor/ vadim. There are people trying to make their points valid at this moment and I will not get in the way of that, nor will I choose sides.

I will tell you this though I deal directly with Victor/ VRP as a separate company from Vadim. I believe Vadim is an affiliate at this point. He has decided to go solo.

You should continue to trust VRP as their products are not indicative of this Mis-hap.

I am sure they will reach a resolution and we will be one big fam again. Every tuner has their problems, just so happens sometimes things are kept down low or come to resolution behind the net. Unfortunately for vadim, this one did not occur this way.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Gary, I could tell you I have not had 1 problem with VRP or Victor/ vadim. There are people trying to make their points valid at this moment and I will not get in the way of that, nor will I choose sides.

I will tell you this though I deal directly with Victor/ VRP as a separate company from Vadim. I believe Vadim is an affiliate at this point. He has decided to go solo.

You should continue to trust VRP as their products are not indicative of this Mis-hap.

I am sure they will reach a resolution and we will be one big fam again. Every tuner has their problems, just so happens sometimes things are kept down low or come to resolution behind the net. Unfortunately for vadim, this one did not occur this way.
I saw you by juniper yesterday! The car looks and sounds amazing bro.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by E55AMGGG04
I saw you by juniper yesterday! The car looks and sounds amazing bro.
LOL...for real? I was cruising looking for a black E55 to kill....LOL

You should have stopped me...next time hit me up.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
LOL...for real? I was cruising looking for a black E55 to kill....LOL

You should have stopped me...next time hit me up.
ahahahah I was in a white g37. You took a turn right before I could pull up to you. I play basketball almost everyday at juniper, you have to bring the beast by one day. I'm gonna give you a ring one of these days to pass by, all my friends think I own a beast I would love to show them a tuned 65 loll.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 S-600
Fair enough. I may have jumped the gun with my assessment. I will keep an eye on this to see how it progresses. Sorry for the partial hijack.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:23 PM

2008 SLR
I believe both parties have valid arguments. I can understand the perspective of each. Sometimes these projects take a very long time and patience understandably run thin. I am very cautious when going into a project. I would much rather someone else be the test pig. I can just happily purchase the finished and tested product in "kit" form.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by BRUTALLYHONEST
I believe both parties have valid arguments. I can understand the perspective of each. Sometimes these projects take a very long time and patience understandably run thin. I am very cautious when going into a project. I would much rather someone else be the test pig. I can just happily purchase the finished and tested product in "kit" form.

Agreed, but sometimes being the test pig will get you the finished product at a portion of the cost...if you have the patience and could be without your car.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:13 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Rick deserves to be frustrated. I know the whole story and for those that are trying to save Victor's rep by excluding him from this are following an agenda.

VRUS was well aware of this and other issues and did NOT offer the cash to even run a business much less right wrongs. VRUS bought that SC fopr the CLK63 project of his that fell through (as typical). You put Vadim in a tough bind and yes he will fall behind on money. He gets a very small margin and when things do not go as planned it costs him not the client.

again,. Rick is patient and forgiving, but VRP is involved. I'd bet if Rick sued it would have to be VRP. I posted hints at this months ago and only got hate mail from VRUS threatening to bash Vadim. Run a clean business and hold up your end of the bargain. What exactly did VRUS bring to VRP, the one that we actually bought parts from, beyond the boxes? Vadim did all teh further development, tuning, troubleshooting etc. and VRUS wanted his "share" This is a BS situation for all involved and yet some try to keep the king clean. if we are gonna be honest then tell the whole story.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Here we go...more vendor drama. Damn this economy!

Carry on, hope this gets worked out.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Old 04-28-2009, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 SL55
I don't have any useful comments for Rick and Vadim. Or for Victor, either, to whatever extent he may be involved. Hope you guys can figure out a fair way to settle things.

Props to Vadim, though, for identifying himself.

To Brutallyhonest's point, all projects have risks but a first-of-its-kind project has the most most risk. There really needs to be a lot of communication about those risks and the customer's payment obligations if surprises occur and the project doesn't run to plan.

I personally wouldn't avoid a first-of-its-kind project just because of the risks but other reasonable people might.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:42 PM

CL65
Originally Posted by jangy
Rick deserves to be frustrated. I know the whole story and for those that are trying to save Victor's rep by excluding him from this are following an agenda.

VRUS was well aware of this and other issues and did NOT offer the cash to even run a business much less right wrongs. VRUS bought that SC fopr the CLK63 project of his that fell through (as typical). You put Vadim in a tough bind and yes he will fall behind on money. He gets a very small margin and when things do not go as planned it costs him not the client.

again,. Rick is patient and forgiving, but VRP is involved. I'd bet if Rick sued it would have to be VRP. I posted hints at this months ago and only got hate mail from VRUS threatening to bash Vadim. Run a clean business and hold up your end of the bargain. What exactly did VRUS bring to VRP, the one that we actually bought parts from, beyond the boxes? Vadim did all teh further development, tuning, troubleshooting etc. and VRUS wanted his "share" This is a BS situation for all involved and yet some try to keep the king clean. if we are gonna be honest then tell the whole story.
Nobody can know "the whole story". There are as many stories as there are people involved. All have some truth to them. Your statement is inaccurate.

You're not fully informed so please do throw out tidbits of partial information received from a partial story of one of the people involved in this. Let them speak on their own behalf if they so choose. You shouldn't.

As far as keeping the "King clean"... I think we are all aware that unexpected things happen. We all know that partnerships are complex and volatile, as are customers and their goals. Do you know how much money Victor has sunk(righted wrongs to use your terminology) into that particular VRP affiliate shop with no chance of recovering? No, you don't. Do you know what Victor's and Vadim's agreement was? No, you don't. Is that any of our business? No.

It appears that the parties involved are working towards a resolution. If they feel like telling the "whole story" it is entirely up to them. I don't see anybody keeping anyone "clean" in this. I don't think that there is that much "dirt" in this situation.
A. There is an unsatisfied and understandably frustrated customer
B. There are many factors that contributed to that (you don't know them all)
C. The parties involved are all working together to resolve it.

I feel Victor(whatever involvement he has), Vadim and Rick will come to a resolution. Posts like Jangy's just stir the pot unnecessarily and offer opinionated information in the form of some sort of fact. I hope we can stay on track and keep the facts out there without speculation or bias.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:49 PM

CL65
Originally Posted by jmf003
Props to Vadim, though, for identifying himself.

To Brutallyhonest's point, all projects have risks but a first-of-its-kind project has the most most risk. There really needs to be a lot of communication about those risks and the customer's payment obligations if surprises occur and the project doesn't run to plan.
+1
Old 04-28-2009, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
Damn, I take a break for a few months from mb world and I come back to DRAMA!

Time and time again these stories pop up, and I always leave the same mesg.

STOP WASTING YOUR TIME AND MONEY, with these 2nd and 3rd tier mod companies. Renn TECH, Kleemen, Brabus, Carlsson these are the top mb mod companies that have the tech data and the $$ to take care of you. they are $$$$ yes and there is a reason!

ok back to off topic where i belong.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MarkoCL65
I hope we can stay on track and keep the facts out there without speculation or bias.
Look, we obviously all have our bias. I am good friends with Vadim and Rick. You are obviously tight with VRUS. So what? I didn't bring up the VRP question, just added what I think. Innacurate or not that is what it is. You are being even more biased by asking me to keep quiet just so your project can stay smooth....
Old 04-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by BMWEATR
STOP WASTING YOUR TIME AND MONEY, with these 2nd and 3rd tier mod companies. Renn TECH, Kleemen, Brabus, Carlsson these are the top mb mod companies that have the tech data and the $$ to take care of you. they are $$$$ yes and there is a reason!

You have it wrong. It isn't the products that broke down here or in other cases. It was the customer service and the same happens with any VENDOR. Very few of us actually buy from RennTech, et al. My issues weren't with RennTech but with their vendor and RennTech chose NOT to back anything up. Stay tuned for when my car is returned to MB and you will see.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
You have it wrong. It isn't the products that broke down here or in other cases. It was the customer service and the same happens with any VENDOR. Very few of us actually buy from RennTech, et al. My issues weren't with RennTech but with their vendor and RennTech chose NOT to back anything up. Stay tuned for when my car is returned to MB and you will see.
i hear ya, but thats my point, don't use the vendors! go direct. ship your stuff to them. if you can't afford it, stay stock and put some rimms on it fo da ladies!(don't use 360)
Old 04-28-2009, 05:28 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by BMWEATR
(don't use 360)
Old 04-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Wow Jangy... I did not expect this from you.

Having been on this board as long as I have and even going further and saying that you were one of the small group of people that I actually met and shook hands with I thought you knew me better than that.. I also thought we had a mutual respect for one another and considered eachother friends.

If you know Rick and are friends with him then you should know the whole story regarding his purchase and you know that I had no involvment in that purchase. He made this transaction with Vadim directly when the money was paid.

Regarding the CLK63 project.. I purchased the S/C blower and contracted Vadim to build the kit. For many reasons he wasnt able to get it complete and the car had to be pulled back to Toronto for body kit work..

Regarding Vadim and the shop and the other stuff.. Vadim and I are friends.. As well, we have a business relationship. I don't find it necessary to post the details of our relationship on the internet but I will make a few small comments.

I was responsible for the lease and expenses of that California location from Oct 1st, 2007 - Feb 28th 2008. On March 1st, 2008 Vadim took over the lease and expenses and it became his shop to run as he saw fit. As of March 1st, 2008 he was doing work for VRP (contracted R&D) as well as other work to his customers for himself.

Last month we made a decision Vadim would post under his own company name because of the confusion that alot of people had in thinking that the California Location/Vadim and ME/VRP/Victor were the same physical company; THEY ARE NOT.

Regarding the "hate mail" comment you made. A few months ago you made some very brief and inacurate comments regarding my relationship with Vadim. I sent you a PM stating that the points were incorrect and to please remove them because people would misinterpret them and then I would be forced to post facts which I didn't want to have to publicize. Those were business details between Vadim and I. I didnt want them to have any adverse affects on Vadim.. I did not say that I was going to BASH Vadim.

I really dont understand why you are posting these comments with apparent hostility towards me when you really don't even know the details of what you are posting about. Do you really feel its necessary for me to post all of my relationship details with Vadim on the board?

By making brief, negative comments like that about me you are making it look like I am some bad guy here. I have been on this board for many years and have never taken a cent from anyone. So, what should I do now? Should I start to make posts about how Vadim and I interacted on a business level and what our agreement was and how much money was invested, etc,etc,etc.?

I am really offended by this Jangy especially the last paragraph that you posted.. That was totally out of line.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
please

don't mind Jangy ... we all don't.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Rick is a great guy, a business man to the core. I also have respect for Vadim, and likely there is a middle ground here.

Rick has been holding back for a long time and this drama has dragged on and on.

Only Rick and Vadim know exactly what has transpired, only the two of them can resolve it.

There is no need for other tuners to be called out in a thread specific to Vadim and Rick.

Guys cooler heads will prevail, they have to.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Just my 2 cent,
vadim has helped me out a lot and answered a lot of my question.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Again, I don't have a horse in this race, just like the MHP stuff, but I have purchased a set of headers from Vadim. The transaction went very smoothly, saw the gains that he promised, and he even went out of his way to help me isolate and solve another issue that had nothing to do with his product. Hell, he even shipped me the damn things without full payment, on my word that I would pay him when I got back in the country. I ended up paying him before I left, so it was a non-issue, but little stuff like that goes a long with way with people like me.

It would be very difficult for me to believe that Vadim was trying to scam anyone. As stated, this is most likely just a misunderstanding that is being blown way out of proportion by this forum's membership. I can certainly appreciate Rick's frustration with the amount of time it's taken to resolve this issue and I can only hope that this doesn't turn into another smear campaign, ala MHP. Both the customer, and the sponsor are very respected members of this forum and I have no doubt that they'll reach an amicable solution.

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 04-28-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:25 PM

CL65
Look, we obviously all have our bias. I am good friends with Vadim and Rick. You are obviously tight with VRUS. So what? I didn't bring up the VRP question, just added what I think. Innacurate or not that is what it is. You are being even more biased by asking me to keep quiet just so your project can stay smooth....
I'm not asking you to keep quiet and I'm not sure which "project" you are referring to. If you have an opinion, by all means express it......AS AN OPINION. The way you go about expressing yourself does nothing to shed light on the situation. It just muddies the waters. Please don't tell me you enjoy when these things completely derail and turn into useless pissing matches.......do you?
Old 04-28-2009, 10:26 PM

CL65
Originally Posted by juicee63

Only Rick and Vadim know exactly what has transpired, only the two of them can resolve it.

There is no need for other tuners to be called out in a thread specific to Vadim and Rick.

Guys cooler heads will prevail, they have to.
+1

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *** SCAM BY WELL KNOWN VENDOR ***