Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 02:14 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by AZIPOD
Why do you say that? I think VRP and LET for example are more customer oriented than the "bigger guys." Maybe I'm wrong, but I think smaller outfits like VRP and LET will work with you as much as they can. The bigger guys will treat you like a number. As with any larger business, they can care less if you walked out unhappy and decide to post your opinions on a board.
well the smaller companies depend on us you see, they do not have the cash flow or the resources to turn a blind eye to customers...
Old 04-27-2009, 02:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by AZIPOD
Why do you say that? I think VRP and LET for example are more customer oriented than the "bigger guys." Maybe I'm wrong, but I think smaller outfits like VRP and LET will work with you as much as they can. The bigger guys will treat you like a number. As with any larger business, they can care less if you walked out unhappy and decide to post your opinions on a board.
That is not always true. Some big companies care a great deal about their products, customers, and reputation. And not to be picking on VRP or LET in any way, but it comes down to how much the given company cares about its customers. No matter how big or small the company is, you'll always have those ones that just don't care much about their customers (treat them as another number) while others react the exact opposite way.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
That is not always true. Some big companies care a great deal about their products, customers, and reputation. And not to be picking on VRP or LET in any way, but it comes down to how much the given company cares about its customers. No matter how big or small the company is, you'll always have those ones that just don't care much about their customers (treat them as another number) while others react the exact opposite way.
Well said Mo! Good talking w/you today
Old 04-27-2009, 02:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Thericker
Well said Mo! Good talking w/you today
Thanks Sean, it was a pleasure talking to you as well
Old 04-27-2009, 04:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65 VRP1000 and 20" Monolites
HHhhhmmmm...
Old 04-27-2009, 07:09 AM

2001: Supercharged E55 AMG
I wasn't surprised that it was VRP this was all about. I went to them and asking for E55 Twin-Airbox, came home and one of the boxes had scratch on them. Vadim blamed the customs, but the boxes where not opened.
Next thing was that the Y-pipe that was supposed to be new smelled gasoline. Vadim said he had tested the Y-pipe to see if it would fit, and with that said he told me he had done many E55 Twin-airboxes on W210 E55, so why try it again to see if it fit? Nope, he sent me a used one

Gave him my e-mail 4 times cause he was suppose to send a few pics to me how the Y-pipe was suppose to sit because two of the "wings" on the plastic where broken. When he asked me the fifth time for my e-mail, i really had enough!

Do i have to say that he was supposed to meassure if a custom heat exchanger would fit my E55? Do you think he did?

Finally, ask me if I will go the VRP route again

Magnus, a small customer that thought VRP was far more service minded then this!
Old 04-27-2009, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 S-600
Damn sorry to hear about all of this. I was considering a VRP package for my W220. Oh well.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:54 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by GARY JAVO
Damn sorry to hear about all of this. I was considering a VRP package for my W220. Oh well.
This isn't about VRP! Vadim is on his own now, with his own facility, his own clients, his own projects, etc.

VRP = Victor, not Vadim. These problems are with Vadim, not with Victor or VRP. Vadim used to be a part of VRP, but decided to break off and do his own thing. I don't want to see Victor or VRP get a black eye because of these situations that involve Vadim. Vadim is no longer with VRP!
Old 04-27-2009, 11:11 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S
Originally Posted by CWW
This isn't about VRP! Vadim is on his own now, with his own facility, his own clients, his own projects, etc.

VRP = Victor, not Vadim. These problems are with Vadim, not with Victor or VRP. Vadim used to be a part of VRP, but decided to break off and do his own thing. I don't want to see Victor or VRP get a black eye because of these situations that involve Vadim. Vadim is no longer with VRP!
+1^^^ Victor is a stand up guy. Remember Victor is the one who did all the R&D to the E55 and E63 carbon fiber air boxes. He was very fanatical about not wanting to rip anyone off during the development and kept a very accurate list of people sending money etc... I believe if Victor owed someone money, they would get it ASAP.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:13 AM

CL65
I don't see how you can use the word SCAM in this thread. Vadim is far from a scam. I strongly disagree with that. It appears that there are differences that Vadim is trying to resolve. People are throwing that word around the forums to grab attention. It is not appropriate for this situation. A more appropriate title would be something like a "customer service issue with...." or "unhappy with----" or "frustrated with....".

I hope both parties come to a resolution.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:18 AM

CL65
Originally Posted by GARY JAVO
You're logic is puzzling. Is it not the performance of the VRP 825 that is making you consider it? If one of VRP's dealers is having a falling out over a custom supercharger build, how is that diminishing the performance or delivery of an entirely different package that originates directly from VRP and not a subsidiary? Please explain. Thanks.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by MarkoCL65
I don't see how you can use the word SCAM in this thread. Vadim is far from a scam. I strongly disagree with that. It appears that there are differences that Vadim is trying to resolve. People are throwing that word around the forums to grab attention. It is not appropriate for this situation. A more appropriate title would be something like a "customer service issue with...." or "unhappy with----" or "frustrated with....".

I hope both parties come to a resolution.
One year read the lines man.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:50 AM

I think it's time for everyone that has had issues to come forward, and tell their story. I know of several problems with VRP, and I would like to point out that these issues were with the old VRP and not after the "split". The problem here is that Vadim seems like a good guy. I've never met him, but I probably would've sent my project to him before anyone else. However, as many of you know with the current economy small businesses can get hit hard, and no matter how good a product/service is that you're offering if you don't have the necessary capital then you can't run a business effectively.

I think it's wrong that some of these companies can just change their name, and get out from under all the potential problems/liabilities then continue to do business like everything is normal. I'm not saying this is why certain companies changed names, but it always seems to come after problems arose.

Members should share their stories (good or bad), and let the potential customers decide if they want to do business with these companies.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 749 Likes on 730 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Old 04-27-2009, 12:02 PM

2001: Supercharged E55 AMG
Originally Posted by CWW

True, but my problems above was when Vadim still was with VRP so that made me not want to go to the VRP route anymore, sad story for Victor (no problems with him), but thats the way things might end up when you are doing business together and one part of the crew screws things up.

Magnus
Old 04-27-2009, 12:18 PM

CL65
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
What dictionaries say about scam:

1. A ploy by a shyster to raise money.

2., A fraudulent business scheme. To scam means to victimize: deprive of by deceit; "He swindled me out of my inheritance"; "She defrauded the customers who trusted her"; "the cashier gypped me when he gave me too little change"

3. A confidence trick, confidence game, or con for short (also known as a scam) is an attempt to intentionally mislead a person or persons (known as the mark) usually with the goal of financial or other gain. The confidence trickster, con man, scam artist or con artist often works with an accomplice called the shill, who tries to encourage the mark by pretending to believe the trickster.

I feel for you and am not taking sides. But do you honestly think the word "SCAM" is appropriately used here? Do you honestly believe that Vadim set out to take your money?

Or did this situation turn into a mess and Vadim maybe dropped the ball? Maybe took an overly optimistic approach when he should have been more cautious in regards to the costs and scope of work? Do these sound more accurate?

Last edited by MarkoCL65; 04-27-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:19 PM

CL65
Originally Posted by ABALONE
True, but my problems above was when Vadim still was with VRP so that made me not want to go to the VRP route anymore, sad story for Victor (no problems with him), but thats the way things might end up when you are doing business together and one part of the crew screws things up.

Magnus
That's why people who are informed post here and share information to help others that are not.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
01 CLK 430
I feel for you and am not taking sides. But do you honestly think the word "SCAM" is appropriately used here? Do you honestly believe that Vadim set out to take your money?

Or did this situation turn into a mess and Vadim maybe dropped the ball? Maybe took an overly optimistic approach when he should have been more cautious in regards to the costs and scope of work? Do these sound more accurate?
Well said!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 01:15 PM

Some business owners get in a situation where they have used the money for specific project(s) to pay operating expenses, and then are in a situation where they have to use monies from new projects to pay for the original project(s) and/or customer service issues. It becomes a shell game. Not a SCAM in the literal sense, but still an unethical business practice.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
I also have had my issues with Vadim. I don't think his intentions are to screw with people but in the end it does become just that. As Rick said the continous 1 week excuse, shop guy is sick and so on gets old.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
What dictionaries say about scam:

1. A ploy by a shyster to raise money.

2., A fraudulent business scheme. To scam means to victimize: deprive of by deceit; "He swindled me out of my inheritance"; "She defrauded the customers who trusted her"; "the cashier gypped me when he gave me too little change"

3. A confidence trick, confidence game, or con for short (also known as a scam) is an attempt to intentionally mislead a person or persons (known as the mark) usually with the goal of financial or other gain. The confidence trickster, con man, scam artist or con artist often works with an accomplice called the shill, who tries to encourage the mark by pretending to believe the trickster.

+1

I can totally understand the OP's frustration that there has not been a resolution to this issue...but I also don't think this was a "scam".

Tom
Old 04-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Old 04-27-2009, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
You're in the right, Rari. This situation stinks to high heaven....sponsors at it again Not a scam but Vadim's actions and lies... well let's just say he needs to refund that$$$$$ ASAP....

-Rob
Old 04-27-2009, 03:00 PM

2003 S-600
You're logic is puzzling. Is it not the performance of the VRP 825 that is making you consider it? If one of VRP's dealers is having a falling out over a custom supercharger build, how is that diminishing the performance or delivery of an entirely different package that originates directly from VRP and not a subsidiary? Please explain. Thanks.
I don't have loyalty to any MB tuner. This is a fresh slate for me. I am collecting information to help me decide who I should trust my car and money with. There seem to be several reputable tuners for these cars. VRP was one of the ones that I was considering. Now, I read that, at best, there could be some customer service issues with this vendor. I reacted by pushing this tuner down a little on the list of potential people I am willing to give my business to.

With all of that said, I admit that I have not taken the time to get up to speed on who Victor, Vadim, and VRP are, and how they are all connected. I assumed that these three things were synonymous. Someone care to clear that up?
Old 04-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
I was working on a supercharger project for his CLS63. He put down a deposit and we started working on it. It took longer than expected, it was cancelled and restarted numerous times by Rick. Then he decided on a long tube headers project and that was cancelled again, twice as recently as last week. Unfortunately, all has cost me well beyond what was originally paid as a deposit.

There is a lot more to this story and I am not going to start bashing my client on this public board. I ask the same from Rick as well.

Rick you have my phone number. You called me three weeks ago on it to talk about the headers and to plan to order the parts for them. Please call me again and we will come to a solution.
This was my reply, all of you who are hiding behind your handles please read this again.

Rick has changed his mind on the blower and headers NUMEROUS times, he even offered to pay more. His indecissons have cost me way beyong original deposit, in time and resources. He has asked to put headers on his car as recently as three weeks ago and to PM him to schedule the install time once the collector plates and collectors came in. We even discussed different type of collectors.

So I would really appreciate hearing my side. And if you have a problem with me, be man enough to call me. I have been on MBworld since 2002, my full name and phone number are allways in my signature.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *** SCAM BY WELL KNOWN VENDOR ***