*** SCAM BY WELL KNOWN VENDOR ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
I got one way to settle this......MATCH UP!!!!

Ricks 63 on the juice VS VadimsTT600. Best 2 outta 3

Winner gets 4K/ keeps the 4k. Maybe we could all throw in a bit extra to make it interesting.

Just trying to setlle down a pretty heated little arguement.

Hope you guys get it worked out. So many Bimmers and Lambos out there to be hatin on.
I would not even take that bet and my car is much quicker than Rick's CLS, those 600's and 65's scare the hell out of me, especially if it is owned by a guy that owns a AMG tunning shop...Rick don't do it
Old 04-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 749 Likes on 730 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Rick, can you just have her call me instead
rick, post pics!!

my mouth is itching but i'll just eat my popcorn...
Old 04-29-2009, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
Gents. I only put this post up after asking and asking for over and over a long long time. This is not as some may feel me not wanting to speak to Vadim. Indeed I have spoken with him so many times. I"ve been telling him " ok I will wait one more week for months. Just two weeks ago he said "OK I will pay you Friday in full" well a BIG $0 once again another failed Attempt. I do not wish to put Vadim out of business eveyone cam make thier own choice. Vadim did not own, buy or purchase anything not even the supercharger. It was all bought by Victor and was all there before I started.. Again by me say anything else here I would be opening a HUGE CAN that I do not want to. I had no choice buy after saying I would post up my problems on the forum over 15 time to Vadim I feel that I cried WOLF so much he don't think he realy thought I would. Well he it is. NOW GUYS It is what it is. I gave him a week and we will see what happens. Now lets CLOSE this thead and have some fun... else where. IHAVE MANY MODS COMING..

Last edited by rarfinancial; 04-29-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Gents. I only put this post up after asking and asking for over and over a long long time. This is not as some may feel me not wanting to speak to Vadim. Indeed I have spoken with him somany time. I been telling him " ok I will wait !more week for month. Just two weeks ago he said "OK I will pay you Friday in full" well a BIG $0 once again another failed sttempt. I do not wish to put Vadim out of business eveyone cam make thier own choice. Vadim did not own, buy or purchase anything not even the supercharger. It was all bought by Victor. Again by me say anything else here I would be opening a HUGE CAN that I do not want to. I had no choice buy after say I would post up my problems on the forum over 15 time to Vadim I feel that I cried WOLF so much he don't think hr realy thought I would. Well he it is. NOW GUYS It is what it is. I gave him a week and we will see what happens. Now lets CLOSE this thead and have some fun... else where.
No need to explain yourself, if everything you are stating is the truth and you have tried to work out the situation in private with no favorable outcome or agreement then this thread is justified. I have met you and had countless PM conversations with you on several topics, you seem like a reasonable person that is respected on this board, that being said the guys at VRP are pretty well respected around here as well. It's a shame when things come to this, but based on what I am seeing and reading you are due some money, good luck, and keep us posted.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Maybe Rick will find in in his Heart of Hearts since he captured my records and stomped my dreams, of gifting me the Super charger install. This way Vadim can prove he can finish, I can regain the crown and Rick gets some comp back? Maybe the SC install and a wet kit?

Rick, Vadim , guys take a breath, life is too short. Rick , Vadim lose the emotion, outline EXACTLY what happened. There absolutely is a middle ground, there always is.(to establish this we need both sides of the story.)

we have incredible members, since the the thread was made and we have bits and pieces why not settle it HERE, in public, rather than the courts. We can get alot of info reviewing the super charger thread. I do not believe it is fair or just to make this thread and then leave out the meat of the story.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
I get is "next week, next month, the machine shop guy was sick, the machine shop closed, a member of my family was sick, broke a leg, got injured etc.
Vadim also told me the machine shop had some delays as well but called me today with good news that the guy is back to work from his illness and my new motor should be buttoned up in a week or so. It's been a long wait since I dropped my car off at Vadim's during late November but I am planning to get my 10second beast back no later than the middle of May. Bank on it.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by jrcart
No need to explain yourself, if everything you are stating is the truth and you have tried to work out the situation in private with no favorable outcome or agreement then this thread is justified. I have met you and had countless PM conversations with you on several topics, you seem like a reasonable person that is respected on this board, that being said the guys at VRP are pretty well respected around here as well. It's a shame when things come to this, but based on what I am seeing and reading you are due some money, good luck, and keep us posted.
Very Well Said Thanks
Old 05-01-2009, 09:22 PM

2002 ML55 AMG
Very Well Said Thanks
I would ask for a timeline to complete the job. Vadim, needs to come clean and be honest. If its going to take 1 or 4 months, so be it. At least you know. If he can't deliever you're vehicle. Ask for a full refund. Either way you need to post your story for other forum guys to read.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:17 AM

Mercedes,Porsche etc
well I just say coming from a family full of lawyers,,

when a car repair place asks for a deposit,, its usually a bad sign,,
as they should be solvent enough and successsful enough to front for the part, and then when its installed they can get their money back..

unless its a custom ordered part,, but if its a fabricated part, rarely have I been asked if ever for a deposit..
Mercedes, Brabus, CEC, Kleemann, AJ Racing, never asked for a deposit when parts where ordered,, I know at least/

the mechanic can always file a mechanics or Material lein on your car which will prevent it from being re registered or sold or keep the car which it usually says in the paperwork, as security,, so most of the reputable shops dont ask for large deposits,

my expierence only goes up to about $6500 though,, so perhaps if its a $10k part or engine rebuild maybe its different but I doubt it as I have seen many Brabus, and CEC and RUFF and Hennessey and Rouch rebuilds that cost like 25k and they had the car so they did not ask for a deposit

something here is not making sense,, and info is missing,,for sure but hey
until the full story is told,, you cannot really take a side..

a great reason why I never put down deposits, and why they can be dubious.. though.. to each his own though

knowing alot of mechanics over the years, many admitted to using deposits and funds from one repair to pay for another customer which works for a while
but if there is a string of bad luck or problems, or a bad economy,, things can get ugly fast, and funds disappear..
not saying this happened in this case but it happens in car businesses and construction businesses all the time.. I see it. as a consultant..
and reccommend against doing that.. to businesses.

oh well good luck to both of the parties.. mediation works sometimes,, with a 3rd party, if not there are lawyers lol

Last edited by storm; 05-02-2009 at 02:31 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
OK GUYS , It's one week Saturday May 2nd. I really hope this is over In the AM I will let you all know what happens. I WILL HAVE NO OTHER OPTION . I ASK YOU FOR THE VERY LAST TIME VADIM
" PLEASE PLEASE REFUND MY DEPOSIT"
NO MORE GAMES
Thank You
Old 05-02-2009, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
OK GUYS , It's one week Saturday May 2nd. I really hope this is over In the AM I will let you all know what happens. I WILL HAVE NO OTHER OPTION . I ASK YOU FOR THE VERY LAST TIME VADIM
" PLEASE PLEASE REFUND MY DEPOSIT"
NO MORE GAMES
Thank You
Old 05-02-2009, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
What now a "save me Thread"?

No offense juicee

Last edited by Yacht Master; 05-02-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Did Vadim cleary state that it was a deposit or was it a non-refundable R&D fee for a custom project in a joint venture between the merchant and customer? We must know if Vadim was going to do this project on his own or only because you demanded and paid for this project for yourself.

That is what needs to be clarified and documented somewhere. Was there an intent to share the risks of this project whether it succeeded or was aborted by either party?
Old 05-02-2009, 12:36 PM

Fords: Taurus SHO & F250 Powerstroke
I've been doing some research and tossing around the notion of picking up an E55 AMG, and was fortunate enough to come across this forum, which appears to have a wealth of great information!

I just happened upon this thread and glanced through it and about fell out of my chair when I saw the vendor rarfinancial is issues with! It wasn't too many years ago Vadim used to be a tuner for Taurus SHOs and ran a business in Southern California called the SHOShop.

From what I've heard in the SHO community, the SHOShop started out as a great (and for awhile, the only) aftermarket resource for the SHO. By the time I bought my SHO and got involved in the community, people were having numerous problems dealing with the SHOShop. Many people described the same problems rarfinancial is having; failing to receive orders timely, if at all, issues with the parts they did receive, difficulty getting refunds on cancelled/defective orders, etc. One thing they got plenty of from the SHOShop were excuses and empty promises of resolution.

I hope rarfinancial is able to come to an amicable solution with Vadim, but given past experience with the SHOShop and the fact that it has been over a year, I think it will be an uphill battle.

At least if I do decide to pick up an E55, this thread sheds some light on which vendors to avoid!
Old 05-02-2009, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SHOstroke
I've been doing some research and tossing around the notion of picking up an E55 AMG, and was fortunate enough to come across this forum, which appears to have a wealth of great information!

I just happened upon this thread and glanced through it and about fell out of my chair when I saw the vendor rarfinancial is issues with! It wasn't too many years ago Vadim used to be a tuner for Taurus SHOs and ran a business in Southern California called the SHOShop.

From what I've heard in the SHO community, the SHOShop started out as a great (and for awhile, the only) aftermarket resource for the SHO. By the time I bought my SHO and got involved in the community, people were having numerous problems dealing with the SHOShop. Many people described the same problems rarfinancial is having; failing to receive orders timely, if at all, issues with the parts they did receive, difficulty getting refunds on cancelled/defective orders, etc. One thing they got plenty of from the SHOShop were excuses and empty promises of resolution.

I hope rarfinancial is able to come to an amicable solution with Vadim, but given past experience with the SHOShop and the fact that it has been over a year, I think it will be an uphill battle.

At least if I do decide to pick up an E55, this thread sheds some light on which vendors to avoid!
He sold his shop to Evosport but was still serving as a design consultant for them. No tuner is perfect but I clearly cannot come to any conclusion on this matter until we hear what the nature of the agreement was and what the $4000 was for. Was it for R&D services or was it truly a deposit? Did Rick understand that there would be risks and uncertainies when he paid Vadim for the work? Was he told that if he canceled the project that the monies spent would not be refunded?

In my case, I never gave Vadim a deposit ever. I sent him the money and he bought the parts, simple as that. I only paid him for labor after certain phases of the installation or service was completed.

He did a fantastic job on my Kleemann installation and I expect the same when the engine/tranny upgrade is completed. I also got ALL of my old parts back... even the old spark plugs and my old exhaust.

Last edited by AMGSC; 05-02-2009 at 12:57 PM. Reason: more info
Old 05-02-2009, 01:33 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow

Wow, that realy sucks -----------^

AMGSC, is your car completed yet?
If not, I'd be a little worried you might be facing the same predicament as rarfinancial.

I hope this all works out.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Tech-Tune
AMGSC, is your car completed yet?
If not, I'd be a little worried you might be facing the same predicament as rarfinancial.

I hope this all works out.
Thanks for your concern but he is basically rebuilding the engine from the block on up so it does take time. I handed my car over to him during the Holidays so of course some vendors were closed or on vacation during that time. It's not like my car is the only car in his shop or at the machine shop.

Vadim called me this morning and the tranny and engine are coming back to his shop for final assembly and tuning. I will post pics when I visit this coming week. Here is a pic of the rehoned/re-coated engine block. It will be many times stronger than the original block and with this coating will not need to be sleeved. I'm planning to run up to 26psi on this motor.
Attached Thumbnails *** SCAM BY WELL KNOWN VENDOR ***-c55-engine-block-rehoned.jpg  

Last edited by AMGSC; 05-02-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:08 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Rick, all I have asked you is to call me so we can get it resolved.

So please lets get this over today.

Thanks you.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:03 PM

2004 E55 Evosport I & II; VRP H/E
I did not know Vadim prior to him working on my car, but have know him for some time now as a tuner. I do not know rarfinancial.

I have only had “bolt-on” items installed on my car: pulleys, headers, upgraded cooling, ecu, etc.

I have never been involved with Vadim with regard to custom fabrication or a attempting to put a supercharger on a normally aspirated car.

I don’t even know the protocol or the normal custom and practice with regard to custom work: if deposits are normally required and/or who bears the risk if the project is delayed or abandoned for any number of reasons including time involved, cost, feasability, frustration (on either end), etc.

I have been watching this thread for some time and have been reluctant to post. From the information, it is impossible to determine who is at fault (if anyone is). I hope that the individuals are able to resolve the issues and part company.

I don’t like it when a person (customer or vendor) publically airs a controversy in an attempt apply public pressure to the other side in order to gain resolution.

It seems unfair to me that some persons reading this thread are posting comments like: “[t]his thread sheds some light on which vendors to avoid!" This type of posting relates directly to, and supports, my above comment about publically airing a controversy in order to apply public pressure to the other side in order to force that side to resolve an issue, even though they may not be at fault.

I can only speak to my experience. Vadim has worked (mods and service) on my car for almost five years and I’ve always had great results, on time, and without any controversy. On one occasion, I was going up to Lake Arrowhead for the weekend and, at the bottom of the mountain, a coolant hose failed. It was a Friday around 6:00 p.m. I call Vadim. No answer; left a voice mail. He calls me back in five minutes. I tell him of my situation. He volunteers to stay at his shop until AAA gets there with the car on a flatbed truck. I call a cab and make the remaining 18 mile trip with no problems (I keep a beater Jeep at Lake Arrowhead for fun). Vadim calls me two hours later when AAA arrived at his shop. Vadim didn’t have to stay two hours late to wait for my car; he certainly didn’t have to offer to do it; but he did.

I have a business and I deal with a lot of other businesses. I had never had another business do something like that for me.

Like I said, I can only speak to my experiences, but I have always had very favorable experiences with Vadim’s work and products.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
After spending a few hours reading here is what I can gather.

I am kinda involved since Vadim asked me for my car several times and I could not afford any upfront fees. I offered to pay monthly, and we never made a deal likely cause Rick brought his CLS to Vadim.

1. In late August 2008 looks like Rick and Vadim agree to an install of the SC. Victor did ask Rick to call him so perhaps VRP was involved in some of this.
2. On 9/5/2008 Vadim posts pictures of some custom pieces that will house the SC, and the picture of the SC sitting on Ricks CLS.
3.In October 2008 parts begin to arrive to build a manifold for the SC.

Rick gave Vadim what he needed to start, a volunteer car and money to buy the SC.
At some point Rick decides it is taking way too long , and decides to go another route. He may have given Vadim a time limit?? Looks like by Feb 2009 project was on the back burner.

So Rick is asking for his money back that he paid for the super charger. Sadly looked like a great undertaking. I believe Rick has recieved some money back off the 4k but definately wants the balance. I would imagine using Ricks car allowed Rick to get a discount on labor and the actual unit. I was told by Vadim the part cost more than 4k? As I recall this was going to cost me 5-7k using my CLS..

I am not trying to call you out Vadim, I believe this is a huge gaffe, that can be resolved without further drama
Old 05-02-2009, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R

andy...hey buddy...is that you again?
Old 05-02-2009, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by chiromikey
Does seem strange that a guy with 0 post and 0 MB would come here and post all of a sudden.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Haha...that would be funny if it's that guy again!
Old 05-02-2009, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Wonder what happened, likely nothing..

Rick whats up man? Vadim did he call you? Do I need to call you? Rick can you call me?
Andy? Nice NEW WEBSITE RICK.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Was thinking the SAME thing. Wonder what happens when an admin runs the IP address for duplicates?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *** SCAM BY WELL KNOWN VENDOR ***