Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GPS + Radar dector locating cops!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 08:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'12 E350 Coupe (3rd Benz)
Exclamation GPS + Radar dector locating cops!

http://www.cobra.com/products/radar-...ra-gps-locator

The XRS R10G provides total protection and peace of mind with the new Super-Xtreme Range Superheterodyne™ Technology, detecting all 15 radar/laser bands with its super-fast lock-on detection circuitry. The unit provides maximum detection range and the best possible advance warning of even the fastest POP mode radar guns. It comes with a GPS Locator and Lifetime Subscription to AURA™ Database to alert you to verified Speed and Red Light Camera locations, dangerous intersections, and reported Speed Trap locations for entire United States and Canada.

With the IntelliLink™ wireless connection and versatile mounting options, the driver can mount the remote anywhere inside the vehicle for discreet operation. It's simply the best detector money can buy!

What do you think? Bogus? Badass? Badass idea, that's for sure. Please review.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
trapster on my iphone is free!!!
Old 05-02-2009, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
+1 Go for trapster..... and get a 9500ix, best radar IMHO
Old 05-02-2009, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
laser detector = busted
Old 05-02-2009, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Whore
how about something that taps into police car GPS systems and maps it out locations of all nearby cops for you?

Old 05-02-2009, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by intellilogic
http://www.cobra.com/products/radar-...ra-gps-locator

The XRS R10G provides total protection and peace of mind with the new Super-Xtreme Range Superheterodyne™ Technology, detecting all 15 radar/laser bands with its super-fast lock-on detection circuitry. The unit provides maximum detection range and the best possible advance warning of even the fastest POP mode radar guns. It comes with a GPS Locator and Lifetime Subscription to AURA™ Database to alert you to verified Speed and Red Light Camera locations, dangerous intersections, and reported Speed Trap locations for entire United States and Canada.

With the IntelliLink™ wireless connection and versatile mounting options, the driver can mount the remote anywhere inside the vehicle for discreet operation. It's simply the best detector money can buy!

What do you think? Bogus? Badass? Badass idea, that's for sure. Please review.
I chkd out the site the product looks solid, I'm buying....The video on this link is pretty funny goobler host & his "cool" ride http://www.cobra.com/products/radar-...ra-gps-locator

Originally Posted by Yacht Master
laser detector = busted
I think this may help the busted part

Spectre I Undetectable Provides complete immunity to Spectre I radar detector-detectors.
15-Band™ Detection Detects 7 radar, 6 laser and 2 safety signals. Radar signals include X Band, K Band, Ka Superwide, Ku Band, VG-2, Spectre I and Spectre IV+. Laser signals include LTI 20-20, Ultra Lyte, ProLaser, ProLaser III, Stalker LIDAR and Speedlaser. Safety signals include Safety Alert® and Strobe Alert®.
Spectre Alert™ I/IV+ Alerts user when they are under surveillance of Spectre I/IV+ radar detector-detectors.
Frequency Display Mode Super-fast CPU determines the frequency of the Ka radar and laser gun frequencies in nano seconds.
IntelliMute® Pro Relative speed sensing auto shutdown feature will render your detector undetectable by currently available radar detector-detectors.

Last edited by Thericker; 05-02-2009 at 11:35 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
^^^My point is that if the LASER detector goes off you are busted that instant. What you need is a laser/shifter that retransmits laser signal to render the laser inaccurate. I am seeing more lidar in Tampa lately. The unit looks good give us a report on it when you get it.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
^^^My point is that if the LASER detector goes off you are busted that instant. What you need is a laser/shifter that retransmits laser signal to render the laser inaccurate. I am seeing more lidar in Tampa lately. The unit looks good give us a report on it when you get it.
Ahh gotcha bud! will do
Old 05-03-2009, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
me ill stick to my V1
Old 05-03-2009, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by prodigymb
me ill stick to my V1
I'll stick to the posted speed limit
Old 05-03-2009, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Fantasm
how about something that taps into police car GPS systems and maps it out locations of all nearby cops for you?

I am working on getting a team together to do this, supposing I get some people pooled together to make this, it won't be something for resale, at least not on a website, haha. I think the fact that "we" jammed all the cell phones in time square for just long enough to kick everyone off and have to restart there calls and they tried to say we wear terrorists means we are less likley to talk about what we do from now on, haha. This is very touchie, as often we are not breaking any laws in our actions of building/planning/test, simply on the basis they don't exist - we are always breaking a law when we share it and the FBI arrested 8 of "us" for that very thing 2 years ago. A lot of "us" don't have foul intent and have real jobs and security clearances and want to tip toe as much as we can.

you are allowed to share data of whatever you want, so long as it's not stolen - that's where they get away with this legally. You are allowed to sell all sorts of technologies, but not allowed to use it, if that makes sense. In NYC, you can face over a year in jail just for possessing a cell phone jammer, regardless of size. You can't sell cell phone jammers, but you can sell a hardware package that can be assembled into a cell phone jammer.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by bobgodd
I'll stick to the posted speed limit
...Yea, me too
Old 05-03-2009, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55, Renntech Pulley, ECU
My problem with this and so many accessories is the STUPID California law that prohibits affixing ANYTHING (other than a sticker) to the windshield. I think two states have this law, CA and Iowa or something... So stupid.

How about not allowing people to affix devices that obstruct the driver's view, or present a danger, or some tangible reason. So stupid. A small GPS system unobtrusively placed low on the driver's side of the windshield presents no less reduction in visibility than does a big parking permit.

To say nothing of the fact that they DO allow you to affix a Fast Track transponder to the windshield! Hypocrites! I assume it is a fine/fix it ticket and not points on your license, but still, one more reason to pull you over (that, the tint, and no front plate). All LAME examples of law enforcement alienating the people they are sworn to protect. Think how much more you'd like seeing cops on the road if they didn't issue traffic violations and if that was done by a separate division (like glorified meter maids). Cops would still arrest for DUI's and crazy driving (triple digits, driving like an uber-jerk, etc). But otherwise the routine fix-it tickets, rolling stop signs, and the usual revenue generating crap tickets would be delegated to traffic officers instead.

I'm telling you, as an ex prosecutor, nothing would make juries more rational than splitting these functions. When most (law abiding) citizens see a cop they are scared. Why? Because we all speed and roll the occasional stop sign. So when a cop gets on your *** on the freeway, you stress like mad. That attitude transfers to the courtroom and makes otherwise good juries dislike the police, making convictions harder to get.

Rant off, sorry...

Skeeter