Sponsored by:

63 Secondary Cat Delete

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 02:05 AM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
63 Secondary Cat Delete

As the title says, I had them taken out and replaced with custom cut 3" stainless steel. The 3" tubing slip fits perfectly over the stock exhaust and was welded in place. I couldn't believe how heavy the secondary cats were...not that the weight will increase performance at all, but I was amazed how heavily packed they were. Anyway....as far as sound goes, it really didn't change much at idle or part throttle driving. However, stick your foot in it and it's probably twice as loud. Not a different sound, but just much louder and raspy/raw. The best part of this mod, are the pops and barks it makes when you lift throttle at high rpms. I'm very happy with this mod, no droning or resonating at all and honestly with the windows up and the AC on you can't hear much at all even when your gettin on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMJL0...eature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvBWu...eature=channel
Old 05-08-2009, 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
SWEET
Old 05-08-2009, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by LZH
As the title says, I had them taken out and replaced with custom cut 3" stainless steel. The 3" tubing slip fits perfectly over the stock exhaust and was welded in place. I couldn't believe how heavy the secondary cats were...not that the weight will increase performance at all, but I was amazed how heavily packed they were. Anyway....as far as sound goes, it really didn't change much at idle or part throttle driving. However, stick your foot in it and it's probably twice as loud. Not a different sound, but just much louder and raspy/raw. The best part of this mod, are the pops and barks it makes when you lift throttle at high rpms. I'm very happy with this mod, no droning or resonating at all and honestly with the windows up and the AC on you can't hear much at all even when your gettin on it.

thats sound good mine sounds louder then that and i think its 2 much. i wonder how it will sound with the headers .
Old 05-08-2009, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Sounds killer
Old 05-08-2009, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 S430, 2004 Cobra, 2004 Tahoe
Our owner did this on his loaner S63 and it sounds awesome. Not sure what you paid to have this done, but I saw his bill and was little disturbed at how much they charged to do this for him. At least the welds looked real nice!!!
Old 05-08-2009, 12:13 PM

E63 AMG
Do you have your stock resonators on or did you take those off too!?! If you did, did you go xpipe or straight pipes?!
Old 05-08-2009, 02:05 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by VENOMNS
Do you have your stock resonators on or did you take those off too!?! If you did, did you go xpipe or straight pipes?!
Yes, stock resonators were left in place. Not sure about other 63 exhausts on other platforms; but the Black Series has an H crossover mounted between the secondary cats and the resonators. So, I just left that in place and didn't bother working in an X pipe. Honestly, at full throttle, it's right at the point of being too loud for city driving.

Last edited by LZH; 05-08-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:45 AM

2008 E63, White/Black, P030
Originally Posted by LZH

Coooool!! The neighbors must love you and your car's exhaust alot!!
Old 01-30-2010, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Wow, that just sounds awesome. I can't wait to do the same on my C63.