**** LONG TUBES UPDATE ****

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
We are making C55 long tubes. There is a possibility that the long tubes we come out with for the C55 will fit an SL55. It seems all shorty style headers for the SL55 fit the C55. We are going to test them and see were we stand.

In any event I want to make long tubes for every last one of you AMG guys that want them.

OP We will meet up at some point and do some racing either here in AZ or out in Cali. cruzinquick and I put together an AMG meet at Speedworld last year and there was a good showing. followed by BBQ. I plan on doing it again this year too. It would be great to have you head out and race with us.
You made the headers he's talking about for this 722hp CLS63? So your LT's will make 40hp without even a tune...if so that's a good mod, I'm interested in LT's for SL55...
Old 06-10-2009, 11:15 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by Sunir
You made the headers he's talking about for this 722hp CLS63? So your LT's will make 40hp without even a tune...if so that's a good mod, I'm interested in LT's for SL55...
No I did not make the headers for Ricks CLS63. I wish we did though. However we got our hands on an SL55 for a trial fit once our headers are done. My guess is with some minor modifications on our end SL55 long tubes will available before summer is over.

I dont want to hijack the Rick's thread so If you are interested PM me. I will make a post in the SL55 section in the near future about the results we get for SL55 long tubes.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by jrcart
Actually I just had it on a Dyno Pack dyno 2 weeks ago which reads as low or lower than a dyno dynamics...
i don't care about numbers either, but dynapack's are typically the highest reading dyno around...ussually even higher than dynojets and almost always much higher than dd or mustang machines.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:24 PM

08 SL55, 07 E63, 07 S550
That's badass. I wonder if I could get similar results with the E.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Actually I just had it on a Dyno Pack dyno 2 weeks ago which reads as low or lower than a dyno dynamics at a local tuners dyno shootout and it made 489.4 NA and 621.7 with a 100 shot of gas, as well as torque numbers that are approaching 600 ft lbs...here's a link to vids I posted in the Black Series section. Besides I could care less about dyno numbers, I think my dozen or so 11.0 passes to date speak for themself.

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk63-bla...dyno-pull.html
Jim I'm sorry to tell you but Dynapack does not read as low as Dyno Dynamics. It is lower than Dynojet, but only by a small amount.

From Dyno Dynamics:

The Dyno Dynamics is known throughout the industry as being the "heartbreaker" dyno - because it breaks the heart of every man that thinks he has 500 hp when he really has 350. The Dyno Dynamics reads lower than the Mustang. It reads WAY lower than a Dynojet. It reads WAY lower than a Dynapack (which actually reads too high on tip-in).
I'm guessing you'd do in the low-mid 400s at CPT... right inline with my Stage 1 E55 (off spray of course). I don't see why we need to keep speculating... maybe I'm wrong... maybe you'll make good power... but I've seen a LOT of hearts broken on that dyno... it's legendary for it. What do you have to lose?

-m
Old 06-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by chiromikey
i don't care about numbers either, but dynapack's are typically the highest reading dyno around...ussually even higher than dynojets and almost always much higher than dd or mustang machines.

+1 dyno packs read the highest
Old 06-10-2009, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
+1 dyno packs read the highest

So who has the highest hp 63 in the world? Or at least in our world?

1.Jrcart or rarfinancial

722 at the crank compared to 621 RWHP are the two cars nearly identical?

I know Jim has hit 500 rwhp off the bottle, Rick what was your best crank pull off the juicee juice?

I don't care about the weather, I know we won't breal any records but we all know what our cars do in the heat and it is always fun to run. First day that comes avail we gotta get out and run em, AZ, CA, NV,Utah specifically mentioned for Mr. Pro

Im so excited to not be able to read your rear plate anymore while headed down the track.

Lets get out there and RUN THE DAM CARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2009, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG 030
how does a mustang dyno read? thanks
Old 06-10-2009, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
I don't really care about dyno figures, like I said my ET's speak for themself, but not quite sure where you are getting your info. My car pulled a 517 on a Dynojet 248 and a 489 on a Dyna Pack on the same afternoon. I had my E46 M3 on several Dyna Packs and it was always about 10% lower than the Dynojet figures.

MARCUSFROST; I plan on getting my BS up on the Dyno Dynamics rollers at Fluid MotorUnion in the next week or so, they are about 4 doors down from one of my buildings and 5 mins from my house, so it will be much easier than heading out to CPT in Melrose Park. Besides, I was planning on attending the dyno day you organized at CPT a while back but you guys did it on the one day that I told you from the begining that would not work for me.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by juicee63
So who has the highest hp 63 in the world? Or at least in our world?

1.Jrcart or rarfinancial

722 at the crank compared to 621 RWHP are the two cars nearly identical?

I know Jim has hit 500 rwhp off the bottle, Rick what was your best crank pull off the juicee juice?

I don't care about the weather, I know we won't breal any records but we all know what our cars do in the heat and it is always fun to run. First day that comes avail we gotta get out and run em, AZ, CA, NV,Utah specifically mentioned for Mr. Pro

Im so excited to not be able to read your rear plate anymore while headed down the track.

Lets get out there and RUN THE DAM CARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If I multiply my 621.7 times 18% driveline loss I come up with 733.6, I'm not sure if that is the proper way to calculate it but they are definetly close. If his numbers are accurate he should be capable of very low 11 second passes, possibly 11 flat in great conditions. One thing to keep in mind, my 621 was with .032 nitrous jets, I can safely run up to .052 jets which should net me an additional 60-70rwhp. Also that 621 was with airfilters installed, I don't usually run any filters on the dyno or at the strip.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
I don't really care about dyno figures, like I said my ET's speak for themself, but not quite sure where you are getting your info. My car pulled a 517 on a Dynojet 248 and a 489 on a Dyna Pack on the same afternoon. I had my E46 M3 on several Dyna Packs and it was always about 10% lower than the Dynojet figures.

MARCUSFROST; I plan on getting my BS up on the Dyno Dynamics rollers at Fluid MotorUnion in the next week or so, they are about 4 doors down from one of my buildings and 5 mins from my house, so it will be much easier than heading out to CPT in Melrose Park. Besides, I was planning on attending the dyno day you organized at CPT a while back but you guys did it on the one day that I told you from the begining that would not work for me.
Jim,

What if I was to offer to pay for your dyno at CPT? Hell maybe we can do a shootout... my light bolt-on 55 vs your monster EVOsport car? I know it sounds strange, but for some reason there just aren't a lot of 63 guys who've dyno'd around here and I really want to see how that motor does on their dyno. There was a C63 there last week and unfortunately the heartbreaker took another victim. With all the work your 63 has had done I'd really love to see what it does there. CPT is no more than a few blocks away from GRD, where you used their Dynapack...

I know dyno numbers are kind of worthless, but nonetheless your car would be worth it.

-m
Old 06-10-2009, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
Jim I'm sorry to tell you but Dynapack does not read as low as Dyno Dynamics. It is lower than Dynojet, but only by a small amount.

From Dyno Dynamics:

I'm guessing you'd do in the low-mid 400s at CPT... right inline with my Stage 1 E55 (off spray of course). I don't see why we need to keep speculating... maybe I'm wrong... maybe you'll make good power... but I've seen a LOT of hearts broken on that dyno... it's legendary for it. What do you have to lose?

-m
While we're on the subject, why is it that dyno dynamics read lower than a mustang dyno (or sometimes vise versa), or in more general terms, why are two eddie-current load-based dyno machines reading two different results? Is it just a matter of increasing or decreasing load force?
Old 06-10-2009, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Jim,

What if I was to offer to pay for your dyno at CPT? Hell maybe we can do a shootout... my light bolt-on 55 vs your monster EVOsport car? I know it sounds strange, but for some reason there just aren't a lot of 63 guys who've dyno'd around here and I really want to see how that motor does on their dyno. There was a C63 there last week and unfortunately the heartbreaker took another victim. With all the work your 63 has had done I'd really love to see what it does there. CPT is no more than a few blocks away from GRD, where you used their Dynapack...

I know dyno numbers are kind of worthless, but nonetheless your car would be worth it.

-m
How did the C63 do there?
Old 06-10-2009, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jim,

-m

You don't have to pay for the dyno time, but thanks for the offer. I'll see what I can do about getting it over there. Like I said, I don't care if it reads 350rwhp, I only use dynos to gauge what type of gains different mods or tunes give my cars. The little slip they hand you at the end of the track is really the only dyno sheet that matters IMO.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
it made 489.4 NA and 621.7 with a 100 shot of gas,
A 100 shot of nitrous made 132.3whp on a NA car? I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was more than 100 shot of nitrous or there were other variables changed.
+1. Fear my 432whp of FURY!!!!
Old 06-10-2009, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
A 100 shot of nitrous made 132.3whp on a NA car? I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was more than 100 shot of nitrous or there were other variables changed.
Ahmad, we were all wondering the same thing, we even pulled the jets out after the run just to make sure. They were indeed .032 jets installed. NA and nitrous passes were made back to back within about 5 minutes of one another. Nitous pull was first followed by 2 NA pulls, only thing I can think of is heat soke, but even in the worst of conditions I have not seen that significant of a decrease. There were about 250 witneses there that can vouch for the passes, the numbers and the size jets that were installed in the car. Alaksander and a few other AMG owners were there as well.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport

+1. Fear my 432whp of FURY!!!!
LOL..... it'd be awesome to have a very low dynoing car that beats everybody at the track
Old 06-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Ahmad, we were all wondering the same thing, we even pulled the jets out after the run just to make sure. They were indeed .032 jets installed. NA and nitrous passes were made back to back within about 5 minutes of one another. Nitous pull was first followed by 2 NA pulls, only thing I can think of is heat soke, but even in the worst of conditions I have not seen that significant of a decrease. There were about 250 witneses there that can vouch for the passes, the numbers and the size jets that were installed in the car.
Wow, thats a nice increase! Back in the day when I was playing with nitrous I saw a 65whp increase with just a 50 shot but that was through the blower. Waiting to get bigger injectors and retune before i make some more passes and then maybe I'll start spraying at the track
Old 06-10-2009, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wow, thats a nice increase! Back in the day when I was playing with nitrous I saw a 65whp increase with just a 50 shot but that was through the blower. Waiting to get bigger injectors and retune before i make some more passes and then maybe I'll start spraying at the track
Ahmad, I have not spent much time on here lately have you improved on your 10.7 ( I think that's what it was)? Any new toys on the beast? I have not been on a drag strip since Pheonix over 2 months ago, now the heat and humidity is here so it looks like you are safe for a while
Old 06-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Ahmad, I have not spent much time on here lately have you improved on your 10.7 ( I think that's what it was)? Any new toys on the beast? I have not been on a drag strip since Pheonix over 2 months ago, now the heat and humidity is here so it looks like you are safe for a while
No I have not imporved on the 10.7 I have been waiting for LET to come back out here to retune my car with the SLR injectors since I maxed out the stock ones with the last round of mods

Don't wanna hijack the thread, sorry. Nice gains from the longtubes lol
Old 06-10-2009, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
You don't have to pay for the dyno time, but thanks for the offer. I'll see what I can do about getting it over there. Like I said, I don't care if it reads 350rwhp, I only use dynos to gauge what type of gains different mods or tunes give my cars. The little slip they hand you at the end of the track is really the only dyno sheet that matters IMO.
I can appreciate that Jim - and obviously whatever you make on the dyno isn't as valid as what happens at the track. Again, my curiosity stems from your car being unique in terms of the amount of work done and I just would like to see how it stacks up against the other platforms on a dyno that has an extensive database of AMG cars strapping down.

You found the time to strap down at GRD, a few blocks away, I'm sure you can find the time to put it on at CPT.

-m
Old 06-10-2009, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
While we're on the subject, why is it that dyno dynamics read lower than a mustang dyno (or sometimes vise versa), or in more general terms, why are two eddie-current load-based dyno machines reading two different results? Is it just a matter of increasing or decreasing load force?
It comes with how the feedback is interpreted by the machine... while I would argue that fundamentally the eddy-current dyno's are the best, that doesn't mean that the results they give back are perfect. I am pushing Jim because he's hit all these dyno's around here except the one that the rest of us use... and I think we are all interested to see just how his car would stack up against the V12, 55, and 55k cars on a dyno that's actually had them on there.

The C63 made ~350-352rwhp.

-m
Old 06-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Banned

SL600
A C63 push out 350WHP? A 100hp loss from the engine!? How...? I don't understand why different dynos post different numbers and what's the point of using one dyno from another.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by Akademiks
A C63 push out 350WHP? A 100hp loss from the engine!? How...? I don't understand why different dynos post different numbers and what's the point of using one dyno from another.
Well he had a "tune" which CPT think was actually costing him HP... I agree 350rwhp is low for a 450hp car, but he never dyno'd stock to get a baseline. Now he's got a car low on power with a tune that should have given him power, but apparently took it away.

-m
Old 06-10-2009, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
If I multiply my 621.7 times 18% driveline loss I come up with 733.6, I'm not sure if that is the proper way to calculate it but they are definetly close. If his numbers are accurate he should be capable of very low 11 second passes, possibly 11 flat in great conditions. One thing to keep in mind, my 621 was with .032 nitrous jets, I can safely run up to .052 jets which should net me an additional 60-70rwhp. Also that 621 was with airfilters installed, I don't usually run any filters on the dyno or at the strip.
jrcart, your math is incorrect (no disrespect, just FYI).

If you assume an exact 18% in driveline losses, 621.7 rwhp /(1-driveline loss) = 621.7/.82 = 758.2 crank hp. To double-check, you can work backwards: 82% of 758.2 = 621.7

722 crank hp should equal 592 rwhp, again assuming an exact 18% driveline loss figure.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: **** LONG TUBES UPDATE ****