My experience with 2 different tuners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Thanks for posting all this info, very interesting. Did you go from a stock TB to a 82mm TB and only gain what looks like a max of ~18whp? Or did you already have a 80mm TB? PC made some nice gains on your car.
Ahmad, I went from a 80mm (78mm) to a true Renntech 82mm. I really believe that there is more power than the dyno graph is showing with the 82mm TB. If you look at the number on the upper left of the graph you'll 03,04, and 032 which represents how many runs we made. On the 2nd dyno day we ran the car 18 times out of 32 total combined runs for both days. The car was definitely getting a little hot. I had a rear reservoir tank but I refused to add ice because I didn't want my car tuned for false conditions. I'm not sure if I mentioned that this dyno run was done on pump 91 octane.

I was charged 3 hours of dyno time on Friday and it was well worth it. Jeremy just kept on picking away and smoothing out the curve while trying little tweaks here and there. Finally heat became a issue and we started going backwards, that's when he recommended stopping. He didn't want to tune a completely heat soaked car..... think about it, 18 WOT runs and still getting these numbers!!!!

A couple of guys showed up, one with a BMW M3 and the other with a NSX. Either one of them couldn't believe the power this thing was laying down.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Ahmad, I went from a 80mm (78mm) to a true Renntech 82mm. I really believe that there is more power than the dyno graph is showing with the 82mm TB. If you look at the number on the upper left of the graph you'll 03,04, and 032 which represents how many runs we made. On the 2nd dyno day we ran the car 18 times out of 32 total combined runs for both days. The car was definitely getting a little hot. I had a rear reservoir tank but I refused to add ice because I didn't want my car tuned for false conditions. I'm not sure if I mentioned that this dyno run was done on pump 91 octane.

I was charged 3 hours of dyno time on Friday and it was well worth it. Jeremy just kept on picking away and smoothing out the curve while trying little tweaks here and there. Finally heat became a issue and we started going backwards, that's when he recommended stopping. He didn't want to tune a completely heat soaked car..... think about it, 18 WOT runs and still getting these numbers!!!!

A couple of guys showed up, one with a BMW M3 and the other with a NSX. Either one of them couldn't believe the power this thing was laying down.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Just to be pefectly clear, no refunds were given on either side. I'm not that lucky.
Then you should have qualified for the re-tune price plus the dyno fees. Reason I am even mentioning this is that I am also thinking of re-tuning once I add some other power adder.

Glad it worked out!
Old 06-16-2009, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
///AMG
Wayne,

I been trying to get in contact with you to ship my ECU back and get it Flashed back to stock.

What are the money back guarantee

I am unhappy with the result and will like a refund.

Originally Posted by ChicagoX
While I'm sorry we won't get a chance to finish tuning your ECU, I am glad you are happy with your car. I also would have appreciated the chance to flash your ecu back to stock to discourage "sharing" our intellectual property.
Please let us know if we can be of any assistance to you in the future.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by OXOJE55
Wayne,

I been trying to get in contact with you to ship my ECU back and get it Flashed back to stock.

What are the money back guarantee

I am unhappy with the result and will like a refund.
Jeez I'm glad I passed up their offer on Discount tune to perfect their 600 V12tt ECU???Funny part is I was considering it until I could never get a hold of Jerry after his initial offer, either thru PM or multi phn calls...

Last edited by Thericker; 06-16-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Guys, while I respect all the opinions here, these two tuners are both sponsors. Let's please be careful not to cross the line into bashing. I have not read the whole thread, but I hope we can keep it civil.

thanks
Brad
Old 06-16-2009, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by otoupalik
Guys, while I respect all the opinions here, these two tuners are both sponsors. Let's please be careful not to cross the line into bashing. I have not read the whole thread, but I hope we can keep it civil.

thanks
Brad
+1

"Bashing" is never constructive... hopefully though, a civil discussion of tuning results and A/B comparisons can be held by forum members (especially when involving sponsors) without fear of infractions or censure.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Alan,

Thanks for posting what seems to me to be an objective, yet definitive opinion on an experience you had with these two tuners. I have done a similar thing in the past and I know that you can NEVER make everyone happy on here, it's part of the territory. People need to read this and take it for what it's worth - nothing more, nothing less. If they love LET and want to have LET tune their car, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It's interesting to see Powerchip stepping up a bit more recently and trying to let people know they are still to be respected and have every capability of making our cars make good power.

-m
Old 06-16-2009, 02:58 PM

2005 E55
Zoink is right about the mods except for the 82mm mod that was installed after the comparison. I ended laying down 546 rwhp and 570 rwtq. This was done on the same dyno benzboi and blue monster use. It was a dyno dynamics.
Congrats bassn_07! 546 rwhp on a dyno dynamics is pretty sick! I just dyno'd about 2 months ago on a dyno dynamics and only got 465rwhp. Your making me think I need the 82mm TB now :P. BTW, I never installed Vadim's midsection yet, how do you like it?
Old 06-16-2009, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///AMG
They offer a the money back guarantee and should go by what they say.

They should return phone call at least
I was not going to make it public. I tried to contact them with but no answer.

If they are sponsors here they should do the right thing and give me a refund.

I didn't mean to upset anyone but just wnat them to do the right thing

Last edited by OXOJE55; 06-16-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:05 PM

2004 E55
What is LET's response for not having a smooth curve? Not trying to start anything, just looking for the reason why their curve is shockingly worse than Powerchips'.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:07 PM

2004 E55
They offer a the money back guarantee and should go by what they say.

They should return phone call at least
I was not going to make it public. I tried to contact them with but no answer.

If they are sponsors here they should do the right thing and give me a refund.
What are you unhappy about? Details?
Old 06-16-2009, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///AMG
The car was tuned in very poor conditions and lets just say in a warehouse with a house fan

The car was dying from heat soak and was told they can retune it for me but NO.
The car feels weak comparing to my other mail in tune. I just want them to flash my ECU back to stock and give me a refund.

I tried to call and email but NO ANSWER.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
PLEASE READ _ FULL DISCLOSURE

The car was tuned in very poor conditions and lets just say in a warehouse with a house fan

The car was dying from heat soak and was told they can retune it for me but NO.
The car feels weak comparing to my other mail in tune. I just want them to flash my ECU back to stock and give me a refund.

I tried to call and email but NO ANSWER.
I have replied to your PMs and have forwarded you my number to discuss.

I want all of our customers to be happy with our products. You have been calling for weeks to buy more product, namely our HSTC and handheld programmer.

You also said that you haven't driven the car, and the reason why you are seeking a refund is due to a libelous call with Powerchip/Travis/VRP

Was the 13.6 to 1 A/F you had safe? Not really.

Alan, you called me to tell me that Vadim or Travis (don't remember which without my notes) was trashing our tune up and down. While I have never spoken ill of the competitors (which you relayed to them, according to our conversation) they claim we have grenaded multiple cars.

This is called Libel. Legal action is underway, and I cannot discuss details beyond the truth of what both Alan and Khan told me separately.

I regret that the sense of fairness and proper business practices were thrown away by an apparently desperate firm, and there are financial and legal consequences to these actions.

I encourage everyone to take a deep breath and a step back, and let the lawyers do their thing.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Originally Posted by Bisco
What is LET's response for not having a smooth curve? Not trying to start anything, just looking for the reason why their curve is shockingly worse than Powerchips'.
I too am surprised w/ the drop in 3-3.5K area... Alan, does your dyno chart from 034 show similar thing? If not, I wonder why... if so, I also wonder why you were OK driving the car away like that.

Not taking sides here... but knowing LET tune was done on 95-100*F, I could only guess that either LET became too conservative w/ AFR... or the tune was based on the heat-soaked car.

Like Jangy said, and unfortunately you don't have one (I still think you could request the shop to send you one), AFR comparison would be good. It'll show whether LET's is way richer than PC's.

I know it's your car and you've made up your mind... but if I were you, I would let LET re-tune your car on a good day w/ a good dyno (I think SLK55R still wants to test LET tune). And see whether LET could step up the plate... you've paid them already anyway... so it's sunk cost At the end of the day, you'll get a better tune.

Moral of story: Don't mod your car too much... it would make tuning harder. Stick w/ Stage 1. LOL.

OT: When can I have a ride in your car? I want to feel how additional 100+whp/wtq feels like.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by otoupalik

thanks
Brad
I have replied to your PMs and have forwarded you my number to discuss.

I want all of our customers to be happy with our products. You have been calling for weeks to buy more product, namely our HSTC and handheld programmer.

You also said that you haven't driven the car, and the reason why you are seeking a refund is due to a libelous call with Powerchip/Travis/VRP

Was the 13.6 to 1 A/F you had safe? Not really.

Alan, you called me to tell me that Vadim or Travis (don't remember which without my notes) was trashing our tune up and down. While I have never spoken ill of the competitors (which you relayed to them, according to our conversation) they claim we have grenaded multiple cars.

This is called Libel. Legal action is underway, and I cannot discuss details beyond the truth of what both Alan and Khan told me separately.

I regret that the sense of fairness and proper business practices were thrown away by an apparently desperate firm, and there are financial and legal consequences to these actions.

I encourage everyone to take a deep breath and a step back, and let the lawyers do their thing.
Hey Wayne, Yes when I did speak to you I did tell you about my concerns in moving forward with LET due to what I heard. I really believe it was a legitimate concern and should be addressed. That's one thing I didn't want to discuss on this board due to negativity that would come from it. I have no problem dealing with what was said or not said. It could be mentioned here or anywhere else, I'm not trying to hide anything. If you would like to bring it up here no problem. Whether or not I've broken laws or not by discussing my concerns with you, I don't know but I was just being honest.

I'll be the first to say, everytime I've spoken to Wayne he's been a class act and have never spoke negative about anyone. I even emailed Tony letting him know that the customer service provided by LET was excellent and appreciated.

Many people here could vouch for me that I was going to go a totally different way up into Wednesday of last week. Really, many people know that I was going to go full Renntech but due to some complications I changed my mind. End of story!

As far as the how lean the VRP tune isn't what I was complaining about but more of the drive-ability issues I had with the LET tune. I never cried or complained about not getting my refund...have I? I even emailed Tony of intentions on what I was going to do and asked him how I should handle it. I was always very straight forward with you guys and in the end I made a decision to go back to PC. I really hope this thread doesn't turn out this way. Check with Tony and you'll see that I sent him email in regards to my decision well before PC touching my car.

Whether or not legal action are taken against anyone, I don't care. This post is to inform people of the drive-ability and power difference between 2 tuners from my perspective....that's all! Whatever legal actions you have against PC is between you guys but in the end I was doing what was best for me.

I'm still not quite sure why you would post what you did if you have intentions of pursuing legal action against PC. Why give them the heads up?

Last edited by bassn_07; 06-16-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by zoink
I too am surprised w/ the drop in 3-3.5K area... Alan, does your dyno chart from 034 show similar thing? If not, I wonder why... if so, I also wonder why you were OK driving the car away like that.

Not taking sides here... but knowing LET tune was done on 95-100*F, I could only guess that either LET became too conservative w/ AFR... or the tune was based on the heat-soaked car.

Like Jangy said, and unfortunately you don't have one (I still think you could request the shop to send you one), AFR comparison would be good. It'll show whether LET's is way richer than PC's.

I know it's your car and you've made up your mind... but if I were you, I would let LET re-tune your car on a good day w/ a good dyno (I think SLK55R still wants to test LET tune). And see whether LET could step up the plate... you've paid them already anyway... so it's sunk cost At the end of the day, you'll get a better tune.

Moral of story: Don't mod your car too much... it would make tuning harder. Stick w/ Stage 1. LOL.

OT: When can I have a ride in your car? I want to feel how additional 100+whp/wtq feels like.
There is that same slight drop in the 034 dyno chart but it's not as pronounced due the layout of the graph, it's stretched a little wider than Autowave's dyno graph.

Like I mentioned before, I'm very happy with my tune and I'm not willing to put my car through anymore of this. I'll except my car for what it is right now and just move on.

Just to add to the AFR discussion, LET was much richer than PC custom tune. If Powerchips wants to jump in here and add any of that info that's fine but I'm done with the whole research thing right now. I'm just going to relax and enjoy me car for a while. I also had another project on it's way but decided to hold off.

That whole stage 1 thing is far gone.....
Old 06-16-2009, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by rberga1
Congrats bassn_07! 546 rwhp on a dyno dynamics is pretty sick! I just dyno'd about 2 months ago on a dyno dynamics and only got 465rwhp. Your making me think I need the 82mm TB now :P. BTW, I never installed Vadim's midsection yet, how do you like it?
I really like the mid-section and it seems to be doing its job. The one huge plus about the mid-section is it's fully a bolton item with no cutting invloved. That combined with the headers seem to making quite a bit of power.

As for the dyno #'s, thank you very much. I'm sure we all know that the numbers are very high for DD but I'm still happy. I just need to take it the track and see what she really does.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
....I'll be the first to say, everytime I've spoken to Wayne he's been a class act and have never spoke negative about anyone. I even emailed Tony letting him know that the customer service provided by LET was excellent and appreciated.........

.......I'm still not quite sure why you would post what you did if you have intentions of pursuing legal action against PC. Why give them the heads up?
Alan,

Thanks for the kind words - I'm not blaming you for, or accusing you of anything - please don't think that at all. The direction you go with your car and your funds is your business.

With the proceedings this far along, mentioning it is of little consequence. The damage has been done, and it's out of my hands.

Please let us know if there's any way we can be of service to you.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Alan,

Thanks for the kind words - I'm not blaming you for, or accusing you of anything - please don't think that at all. The direction you go with your car and your funds is your business.

With the proceedings this far along, mentioning it is of little consequence. The damage has been done, and it's out of my hands.

No problem Wayne. I'm just telling how it is.

One of the reason why I almost went with Renntech is just because of this reason. LET melted engine and PC melted engine, believe me I heard my share from both sides during my journey.

To the moderators, please feel free to lock this thread anytime. I feel it's going to blow up and that's not what I want. I'll leave it up to you but from here I'm done with it.

If anyone has questions regarding please feel free to email. Like I said this will be my last post, unless I need to defend myself ! Good luck to all and I hope information here will help some of you along the way.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
...This is called Libel. Legal action is underway...

Can I at least get my car completed first????

Old 06-16-2009, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///AMG
I really don't care what other people have to say about each other tunes.

I just want to get my ECU flashed back to stock please and a refund.

I have nothing bad to say about you personally. I spoke to you about not being happy with the way the car was tuned and you said I can bring it back to get it retuned.
As far of buying anything else from you I didn't.

I don't want this to turn into a pissing contest Wayne.
I tried to call you but no answer and then the PM's stop what do you want me to think then?

If you like you can PM me or call me and we can go over this please.

Last edited by OXOJE55; 06-16-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
WITNESS!!
Old 06-17-2009, 03:59 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

A few
How is it going guys, it's Mike from Fluid MotorUnion.

I was just talking to Jeremy and we really want to schedule pretty much a tune "weekend" for Jeremy to fly out here and custom tune anyone who is interested a PC tune.

All of us here at Fluid and PowerChip feel pretty bad about what is going on around here and would really love to help out as much as possible.

If anyone is interested just let me know, I am trying to put out a little "feeler" for custom tunes!

Thanks guys
Old 06-17-2009, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///AMG
I want all of our customers to be happy with our products.

I love the way you put that

Still no contact or refund.

Last edited by OXOJE55; 06-18-2009 at 10:15 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My experience with 2 different tuners