W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Poser Sighting Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by bigben320e
The part in bold, no that is not correct for all. What would you say about the cars that came with the AMG package (such as my CLS) but is not an AMG? How is that posing?

On the rest, I can agree with.

No problem with the cars that came from the factory like that. I had an E350 with same AMG sport factory kit. I meant about those who take a factory car (with AMG sport package or not) and make an effort to get aftermarket and OEM parts to make the car look identical to a true AMG. Sure they are "making their car look better" but underneath I think it's more like trying to look exactly like a true AMG. Otherwise, why not just leave it alone as the way it was purchased (either with the factory AMG sport package or without.)
Old 12-15-2010, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 AMG E55
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/photo.php?fbid=1754113932206&set=a.1619012514755.8 3389.1219654541

S500 AMG. Really.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:44 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon, 2017 C63S Cab, 1986 560SL
Originally Posted by 220S
No problem with the cars that came from the factory like that. I had an E350 with same AMG sport factory kit. I meant about those who take a factory car (with AMG sport package or not) and make an effort to get aftermarket and OEM parts to make the car look identical to a true AMG. Sure they are "making their car look better" but underneath I think it's more like trying to look exactly like a true AMG. Otherwise, why not just leave it alone as the way it was purchased (either with the factory AMG sport package or without.)

Let's make this CLEAR. NO CARS come from the factory with the AMG sport package and the AMG badge. NONE. That is added by the customer or the dealer and the car is NOT an AMG.

No engine, No AMG.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:13 AM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
2008 C350-Sport-AMG-Active Agility Pack + B170 2008+Mitsibishi+Mazda
OMG

Originally Posted by dmyrick
you want to be AMG then pay the price. Those of us who have the real thing belong to an exclusive club, and all you wana bes just stink up the air with your AMG stickers until you have that name engraved on your motor you will never know AMG and you will always be a punk poser.

OMG, you are on the Interneth, and not driving your car ?
Old 12-24-2010, 02:27 AM

No Engine ??

Originally Posted by tscales
Let's make this CLEAR. NO CARS come from the factory with the AMG sport package and the AMG badge. NONE. That is added by the customer or the dealer and the car is NOT an AMG.

No engine, No AMG.

Things have changed, I don't care where the factory may be. So explain to me how my car arrived with a lowered suspention called/lablled/paid for and has a destinck part number on which to order with Advanced Agility Suspention at the dealer. I phoned the dealer and they confirmed the parts were added at the factory as ordered.

Conclusion:Mercedes has changed their ways and to lure in clients to AMG, they started offering AMG packages, and guess what not for free to previously non-mercedes clients.

I could have bought a AMG C63 or two other Mercs. I opt for a C350+B170 and am very happy with two great cars. The C63 is just that, much faster/harder drive, but it will land me in jail, and would that be a pleasure ? What am I going to do with an Real-AMG in the long term ? It is worthless to me badge and all!

Have one of you actually had a beer with the tech that signed the engine ?
If I must buy an AMG I would want to meet the Tech that assemled it, otherwise his signature maybe a fake dream as well!

Last edited by Moto_Guzzi; 12-24-2010 at 02:34 AM.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Moto_Guzzi
Things have changed, I don't care where the factory may be. So explain to me how my car arrived with a lowered suspention called/lablled/paid for and has a destinck part number on which to order with Advanced Agility Suspention at the dealer. I phoned the dealer and they confirmed the parts were added at the factory as ordered.

Conclusion:Mercedes has changed their ways and to lure in clients to AMG, they started offering AMG packages, and guess what not for free to previously non-mercedes clients.

I could have bought a AMG C63 or two other Mercs. I opt for a C350+B170 and am very happy with two great cars. The C63 is just that, much faster/harder drive, but it will land me in jail, and would that be a pleasure ? What am I going to do with an Real-AMG in the long term ? It is worthless to me badge and all!

Have one of you actually had a beer with the tech that signed the engine ?
If I must buy an AMG I would want to meet the Tech that assemled it, otherwise his signature maybe a fake dream as well!
Things have NOT changed. Mercedes have offered AMG Sport packages for years with nice badging that says SPORT. They do NOT offer those packages with AMG badging. Period.

To get the AMG badge from the factory, you must have a REAL AMG -- engine and all.

Posers can argue with themselves all they want, but AMG Badge = ENGINE.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)

No engine, No AMG.
In bold, incorrect. The rest is true, and goes without saying.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:52 AM

In bold, incorrect. The rest is true, and goes without saying.
You can't bold part of a sentence. Yes, they came from the factory with the AMG sport package. It's the second half of the sentence you keep ignoring.

They did NOT come with the AMG BADGE.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
You can't bold part of a sentence. Yes, they came from the factory with the AMG sport package. It's the second half of the sentence you keep ignoring.

They did NOT come with the AMG BADGE.
Exactly. I am not ignoring your sentence, but it is rather silly and beyond me why people are still debating this.

No engine, no badge.
AMG Sports packages are offered, but they are not AMG's.
Period.

I wish people would stop debating this well worn out discussion that's all.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:13 PM

Look at the facts

Exactly. I am not ignoring your sentence, but it is rather silly and beyond me why people are still debating this.

No engine, no badge.
AMG Sports packages are offered, but they are not AMG's.
Period.

I wish people would stop debating this well worn out discussion that's all.
Earlier days:Merc Body + suspention, AMG Engine=AMG Badge.
(These were straigtline cars and could not handle.

What did Mercedes do, not the owners:
Recent years:Merc Body, +AMG/ suspention, AMG engine=AMG Badge.
(These cars handle the power)

Addition :Mercedes brings out AMG packaged without AMG engines=No Badge. Dealers negotiate a package, including AMG package and called it the W204 SPORT, but yet no SPORT lable.

So it is neither a SPORT nor an AMG, from the forums etc internet people.

What does the manufacturer says:
Mercedes & Mercedes-AMG has not spoken a word.

I paid for a W204 with an AMG package, not the SPORT package(Could not find the part number for it(SPORT-P), and insist on a badge, because it is different than the rest of the W204's, and with the Advanced Agility Pack in addition it is in fact a very nice car, but different and you can feel it.

So I am waiting for the final word from Mercedes & Mercedes-AMG=We want a badge, be it AMG or SPORT or whatever, if not I think I was defrauded in my original transaction, fraud indeed.

Last edited by Moto_Guzzi; 12-25-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Other day I asked a guy coming out of the Burbank Media Center Mall which is choke full of posers, why his S class was an AMG (badge), and he told me the dealer put on bigger wheels. Guy did not have a clue what AMG was/is, and really cared less. I was not about to shame him, he was a happy chap to begin with, no need to drag him down. We need all the happy people we can get in So California, poser or not.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:25 PM

1989 Toyota Tercel Coupé

Addition :Mercedes brings out AMG packaged without AMG engines=No Badge. Dealers negotiate a package, including AMG package and called it the W204 SPORT, but yet no SPORT lable.

I paid for a W204 with an AMG package, not the SPORT package(Could not find the part number for it(SPORT-P), and insist on a badge, because it is different than the rest of the W204's, and with the Advanced Agility Pack in addition it is in fact a very nice car, but different and you can feel it.

So I am waiting for the final word from Mercedes & Mercedes-AMG=We want a badge, be it AMG or SPORT or whatever, if not I think I was defrauded in my original transaction, fraud indeed.
Guess you should go get your money back because MB has already confirmed that no car has come with the amg badge and not the engine.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All i'm going to say is, if you want a forum with true AMGs, just go to the AMG Private lounge. No faking your way in there

The only thing i have against the badging is when people with competitor cars see the AMG badge, do a rolling race, win and realize "lol amg isn't anything that great." That is, if they dont already realize that it's a car without an AMG engine.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:48 PM

You're going to wait forever if the answer you want is you can badge it as an AMG.

It is NOT an AMG. There is no room for discussion or debate. Open your hood. Is there an AMG engine? No? Well then, there is your answer.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:48 AM

2019 s560 sedan
oh man u guys still on this ????? Here we go 2001 i walked into Helms Brothers in Queens NY and bought off the floor the Bordeaux clk 430 with the AMG sport package and the car had a AMG badge on the back trunk lid , of course not factory but from the dealer .

So maybe all u peeps crying about badging like lil girls should start a petition not to allow dealers to throw AMG badges or even let people order them without proof of AMG ownership .

boo hoo hoo
Old 12-26-2010, 12:20 PM

1989 Toyota Tercel Coupé
Originally Posted by malakasnyc
oh man u guys still on this ????? Here we go 2001 i walked into Helms Brothers in Queens NY and bought off the floor the Bordeaux clk 430 with the AMG sport package and the car had a AMG badge on the back trunk lid , of course not factory but from the dealer .

So maybe all u peeps crying about badging like lil girls should start a petition not to allow dealers to throw AMG badges or even let people order them without proof of AMG ownership .

boo hoo hoo
Wait so let me get this straight, you walked into a dealer and bought a CLK 430 with an AMG badge on it that the dealer added?

Thanks for adding to my argument.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:49 PM

If you're a Poser that posts to the AMG forum, we're going to call you on it. Get used to it or go back to the right forum.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:33 PM

Pinto
IT'S Just ///AMG.. like any other car to get one from point A to B...to be discreet, i actually debadge my real AMG...anyone want my original badge? PM me..
Old 12-26-2010, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W220 M113K
dont flame me but i have a question, i have a non sport s430 but i added all the items in my signature, does that make me a poser my brakes and exhaust tips are the only thing that say amg
Old 12-26-2010, 02:38 PM

2019 s560 sedan
Originally Posted by way2evil
Wait so let me get this straight, you walked into a dealer and bought a CLK 430 with an AMG badge on it that the dealer added?

Thanks for adding to my argument.
yes . I didnt ask for it but it was on the car already being dispayed that way on the showroom floor .

**** that wouldve made me a poser lol if this site was up in 2001 i bet somebody threw a pic of my car up.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:40 PM

2019 s560 sedan
Originally Posted by Viet_Amg408
IT'S Just ///AMG.. like any other car to get one from point A to B...to be discreet, i actually debadge my real AMG...anyone want my original badge? PM me..
Will it fit on my corolla ???? And do you think anyone will know the difference

Ill give u pho hunned
Old 12-26-2010, 03:18 PM

Pinto
Originally Posted by malakasnyc
Will it fit on my corolla ???? And do you think anyone will know the difference

Ill give u pho hunned

THIS GUY...stop making fun of ///AMG POSER man..

there's a poser in everyone..the question is how good of a poser are we?
Old 12-26-2010, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by 02S430
dont flame me but i have a question, i have a non sport s430 but i added all the items in my signature, does that make me a poser my brakes and exhaust tips are the only thing that say amg
I think it's about the owner's intent. If you've made your S430 look like an AMG with cosmetics, brakes, exhaust, etc., and you think it looks like an AMG and decide to debadge it, then you probably are kind of hoping it will be thought of by others as being an AMG. Otherwise, why not just leave the S430 badge on? (aside from wanting a "clean" look to the car that comes from debadging.)

And if a dealer sticks on an AMG badge on a non-AMG car, then why not tell the dealer to remove it.

I think a lot of folks who debadge a non-AMG that they've built up to look like an AMG are being ambiguous on purpose. And those who have an AMG badge (either put on by the dealer or by themselves) on a regular non-AMG Benz are simply clueless. What they're clueless about is that most people don't even know what an AMG is, and if they do then they know the car isn't an AMG. So either way, it doesn't work to any benefit.

In the end, people can do whatever they want. I really couldn't care less if the rest of the world knows I drive an AMG or not. I bought the car for me to enjoy and not to use as a gold chain. It all comes down to what the product really is and not what other people might think it is.

Both Mercedes and BMW use the AMG and M packaging to sell cars. No biggie, it adds some nice cosmetic touches to the cars. But they don't call an E350 an E63, or a 335i a M3. And they don't give a rat's a** what a customer does to their car as long as they keep buying them.

This sort of stuff goes on with all kinds of products. There are people running around with badges all over their body. Watches, clothes, handbags, jewelry. Some of it's fake, some real. The world is full of badge ******.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W220 M113K
Originally Posted by 220S
I think it's about the owner's intent. If you've made your S430 look like an AMG with cosmetics, brakes, exhaust, etc., and you think it looks like an AMG and decide to debadge it, then you probably are kind of hoping it will be thought of by others as being an AMG. Otherwise, why not just leave the S430 badge on? (aside from wanting a "clean" look to the car that comes from debadging.)

And if a dealer sticks on an AMG badge on a non-AMG car, then why not tell the dealer to remove it.

I think a lot of folks who debadge a non-AMG that they've built up to look like an AMG are being ambiguous on purpose. And those who have an AMG badge (either put on by the dealer or by themselves) on a regular non-AMG Benz are simply clueless. What they're clueless about is that most people don't even know what an AMG is, and if they do then they know the car isn't an AMG. So either way, it doesn't work to any benefit.

In the end, people can do whatever they want. I really couldn't care less if the rest of the world knows I drive an AMG or not. I bought the car for me to enjoy and not to use as a gold chain. It all comes down to what the product really is and not what other people might think it is.

Both Mercedes and BMW use the AMG and M packaging to sell cars. No biggie, it adds some nice cosmetic touches to the cars. But they don't call an E350 an E63, or a 335i a M3. And they don't give a rat's a** what a customer does to their car as long as they keep buying them.

This sort of stuff goes on with all kinds of products. There are people running around with badges all over their body. Watches, clothes, handbags, jewelry. Some of it's fake, some real. The world is full of badge ******.
i mainly did my car with amg mods because i like their design, dont like the wald, lorniser or carlson body kits, seems too flashy imo
Old 12-27-2010, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
Saw this Black one in the ChinoHills super market, wrong exhaust, wrong rear bumper, no side skirt... but with E55 AMG budget + V8 Kompressor !
This is the second one I see in the area... no wonder some people claim their car is faster because they might raced a fake E55 turn out to be a E320...
Attached Thumbnails Official Poser Sighting Thread-fake-e55.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Official Poser Sighting Thread