W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Poser Sighting Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTS-V
Originally Posted by AMG4EmE

It's sort of like that black kid walking down the street in the ghetto with a DUKE T-shirt on OR some poor homeless white kid thats wearing some B-Ball gear. You think MJ or Lebron or Kobe point fingers and laugh at them saying dream on?
No, that's a horrible analogy. Anyone can be a fan of any sports team, you don't "have" to go there. Putting an AMG badge on something that "may" have AMG parts, does not not make it an AMG. So, would I point fingers and laugh at your dad for having an AMG decal on his 2008 S500 (isn't it an S550?)? No, but his car isn't an AMG.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:45 PM

2008 W211
Let the flaming begin...

Originally Posted by shockra
Wow you sound very insecure. This thread is for fun. I, for one am a purist when it comes to cars. AMG is a pure hand built vehicle. I would never falsify any car to be cool or look better. Would you put 5.0 badges on a 4 cyl Mustang? I wouldn't. You either own a AMG or you don't. I don't right now but, I don't tell people I drive one. Imagine if somebody asked you you about ya non AMG car? What would you say?

I don't laugh at old people but, he is still posing if he drives a non AMG car.

The MJ-Kobe comment is weak. You can dream and wear a shirt in the ghetto or a rich neighborhood. Thats expressing a SPECIFIC REAL THING. That person might want to be a pro basketball player. Driving a car with fake badges is saying I play in a junior leauge but, I tell everybody I play in the NBA.

For me, in life it's all about credibility. It's ok to dream but, just make sure it's for real.
Insecurity... You can also say that the people poking fun or making fun of the have nots, being the haves, are more insecure. Why not just roll by the "Poser" and lay some rubber with your E63/E55 right in front of them.

I am almost 40 years old, married, working in a decently paying job for a company that I have worked for for over 10 years, have 2 kids and am pretty secure of myself and my sitution. I may have been a bit insecure when I was younger, but who wasn't.

My point is not that, but the fact that if someone dreams of wanting to own a AMG and puts a AMG badge on their car... whats the big deal?

I actually have a 2006 Ford Mustang GT as well with some mods and have not "Poser" badged that either. My W211 has some AMG, pretty certain that on the sticker it said AMG sports package, not badged AMG, and would that make me a "Poser" too?

Ya during lunch and beers, I thought about the Basketball analogy and it is a bit weak... Wrote my reply while at work so didn't get the chance to make it perfect. I'm sure if you are intelligent enough to point out the weakness of that analogy, then the rest of my comments made enough sense.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:02 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
My W211 has some AMG, pretty certain that on the sticker it said AMG sports package, not badged AMG, and would that make me a "Poser" too?
Yes - in my opinion, unless you have a motor built by AMG, you don't really have an AMG and any badging would be posing.
For instance - My S550 has the AMG package and the previous owner put an AMg badge on it - The first thing I did when I bought it was take the AMG badge off...casue it AIN'T an AMG.

Last edited by LZH; 05-07-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:10 PM

C63
pay the price

you want to be AMG then pay the price. Those of us who have the real thing belong to an exclusive club, and all you wana bes just stink up the air with your AMG stickers until you have that name engraved on your motor you will never know AMG and you will always be a punk poser.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
My point is not that, but the fact that if someone dreams of wanting to own a AMG and puts a AMG badge on their car... whats the big deal?

I actually have a 2006 Ford Mustang GT as well with some mods and have not "Poser" badged that either. My W211 has some AMG, pretty certain that on the sticker it said AMG sports package, not badged AMG, and would that make me a "Poser" too?

Ya during lunch and beers, I thought about the Basketball analogy and it is a bit weak... Wrote my reply while at work so didn't get the chance to make it perfect. I'm sure if you are intelligent enough to point out the weakness of that analogy, then the rest of my comments made enough sense.
so someone that wears a fake Rolex and plays it off as a real one is simply "dreaming" in your eyes? or is the mail-room boy that tells everyone he's the CEO simply "dreaming" too?

there's a difference between "dreaming" and false pretenses. putting an AMG badge on your non-AMG car is not dreaming, it's a false pretense or as stated colloquially, POSING.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:39 PM

2008 W211
Go to school...

Originally Posted by dmyrick
you want to be AMG then pay the price. Those of us who have the real thing belong to an exclusive club, and all you wana bes just stink up the air with your AMG stickers until you have that name engraved on your motor you will never know AMG and you will always be a punk poser.
How can you be AMG? Are you AMG? LOL. Go to school. Continue with your education.

At no time did I state that I wanted to stink up the air with my AMG stickers...

If you read correctly, you will see that I have a 2008 E350 with no AMG / E63 / E55 / bleh bleh bleh badging.

I was making a point. A point that you may have understood had you received a formal education of some sort.

and the flames go on... LOL what did I get myself into
Old 05-07-2010, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
How can you be AMG? Are you AMG? LOL. Go to school. Continue with your education.

At no time did I state that I wanted to stink up the air with my AMG stickers...

If you read correctly, you will see that I have a 2008 E350 with no AMG / E63 / E55 / bleh bleh bleh badging.

I was making a point. A point that you may have understood had you received a formal education of some sort.

and the flames go on... LOL what did I get myself into
Dude, he has a C63 AMG...
Old 05-07-2010, 06:42 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by nlpamg
putting an AMG badge on your non-AMG car is not dreaming, it's a false pretense or as stated colloquially, POSING.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:43 PM

2008 W211
Dreaming vs. Posing...

Originally Posted by nlpamg
so someone that wears a fake Rolex and plays it off as a real one is simply "dreaming" in your eyes? or is the mail-room boy that tells everyone he's the CEO simply "dreaming" too?

there's a difference between "dreaming" and false pretenses. putting an AMG badge on your non-AMG car is not dreaming, it's a false pretense or as stated colloquially, POSING.
Was I arguing the point of dreaming vs. posing?

Ummmmmmmmmmmm. NO.

Would I make fun of the guy that was wearing a Rolex trying to pass it off as real and point fingers at him and make fun of him because of it?

Ummmmmmmmmmmm. NO.

NEXT!
Old 05-07-2010, 06:44 PM

2008 W211
LOL...

Originally Posted by CharlyE500
Dude, he has a C63 AMG...
Does that make him AMG or his car AMG?

Comedy.

Next time I do this, I'm gonna get pissed drunk. Half buzzed is already entertaining as ****.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:36 PM

2008 W211
Need mo beer...

Next time I do this, I'm gonna get pissed drunk. Half buzzed is already entertaining as ****.
Forum first? Quoting yourself?

Buzz fading... Need mo beer...
Old 05-07-2010, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Originally Posted by emoving
Classic! Plate says "Hate to loose" yet he is the biggest looser on the road pimping a c320 with AMG badges! The next light he rolled his window down and asked "can I ask why you are taking pictures of my car". I said you just won the biggest looser contest on the Mercedes forum for putting those AMG badges on your 320.
LOL this was a great find E
Old 05-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Just had a little encounter with an S500..AMG.

I see his tips and black car and I get on his tail and he guns it for two lights and I'm just on his bumper nonstop and pulling actually. We roll up to the next light and rolls his window down and I proceed to roll mine down as well.

Me: Nice Car
Him: I like your sidemarker the clear one, where you got it?
Me: Ebay
Him: How much
Me: 25-30$ and you need to get the clear bulb.
Him: Nice is that an S55
Me: No, its an S500, but too bad its not an AMG like yours
Him: Oh, its not an AMG its just a sticker
Me: I know hahahahahahhaha
Him: ...Ok Bye lol

And I make a right at the light and leave
Old 05-07-2010, 10:53 PM

---
Talking

Insecurity... You can also say that the people poking fun or making fun of the have nots, being the haves, are more insecure. Why not just roll by the "Poser" and lay some rubber with your E63/E55 right in front of them.

I am almost 40 years old, married, working in a decently paying job for a company that I have worked for for over 10 years, have 2 kids and am pretty secure of myself and my sitution. I may have been a bit insecure when I was younger, but who wasn't.

It's not insecurity. Sure there are some jakoffs out there but, I tell it the way it is. Some people can't handle the truth. My approach to calling out a poser would be direct in a fun way. I don't put people down. When people pretend to be something or somebody that they are not then I'll call them out on it. From what I've read on this fourm, most people seem cool and die hard car guys.

If you live and dream cars then you would understand that posing is a no no. As for the question you asked...Yes you are posing.

It sounded like you were venting before. Maybe you had a bad day. I got a kick out of this thread. If people aren't diffrent then there would be nothing to talk about.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:21 AM

1989 Toyota Tercel Coupé
Originally Posted by shockra
It's not insecurity. Sure there are some jakoffs out there but, I tell it the way it is. Some people can't handle the truth. My approach to calling out a poser would be direct in a fun way. I don't put people down. When people pretend to be something or somebody that they are not then I'll call them out on it. From what I've read on this fourm, most people seem cool and die hard car guys.

If you live and dream cars then you would understand that posing is a no no. As for the question you asked...Yes you are posing.

It sounded like you were venting before. Maybe you had a bad day. I got a kick out of this thread. If people aren't diffrent then there would be nothing to talk about.
Adding the AMG badge itself isn't insecurity. Its insecurity when they add all the badges. The V8 Kompressor badge, the quad exhaust, the E55 badge. Thats when it gets to the point when they are clearly trying to imitate a car they do not own, hence posing.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:14 AM
Esh

E55
Was I arguing the point of dreaming vs. posing?

Ummmmmmmmmmmm. NO.

Would I make fun of the guy that was wearing a Rolex trying to pass it off as real and point fingers at him and make fun of him because of it?

Ummmmmmmmmmmm. NO.

NEXT!
Someone woke up with their rectum a little sore this morning.

The AMG "sports package" was simply a marketing tool used by MB to generate more cash in options on the car. It is not an AMG car, it is a regular MB with a body kit. It did not come from the factory with the badge, although some dealers added it for "curb appeal".

I'm glad you're 40, have a good job and family, but please go elsewhere if you wish to argue over the merits of a non-amg car wearing an AMG badge. It's simply not an AMG car and won't pass in an enthusiast forum if it has the badge and not the engine and the other components that come on an AMG car.

You can dream without faking it.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:03 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon, 2017 C63S Cab, 1986 560SL
I just find this thread hilarious. If you know you're a poser (and if you've badged your car as an AMG, you know it), why would you come here to justify yourself? If you're comfortable with it, why come here?

We're not going to give you the 'AMG blessing'. You're a poser. Either live with it and recognize that occasionally you'll get called out, or take the badge off your car.

Nothing you say will magically make your car an AMG. With prices down, just buy one!
Old 05-09-2010, 09:54 AM

2019 s560 sedan
Who really cares about this crap anyway ??? Grow up kiddies .
Old 05-09-2010, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by malakasnyc
Who really cares about this crap anyway ??? Grow up kiddies .
+100

Who should care? No one. Sure having the badges is posing, but at the end of the day, who does this hurt? No one.

Does this cost anyone any money? No, except the person buying the badges.

The way some people are on the subject, I would think they own AMG or have a serious financial stake in AMG/MB which I seriously doubt. The topic keeps going on and on, and it has been stated what makes an AMG and what does not. No engine, no badge, done.

If someone wants to pose, it is on them. If dealers slap on AMG badges, and people that buy he car don't know what the badge is, that is another issue altogether.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Originally Posted by bigben320e
+100

Who should care? No one. Sure having the badges is posing, but at the end of the day, who does this hurt? No one.

Does this cost anyone any money? No, except the person buying the badges.

The way some people are on the subject, I would think they own AMG or have a serious financial stake in AMG/MB which I seriously doubt. The topic keeps going on and on, and it has been stated what makes an AMG and what does not. No engine, no badge, done.

If someone wants to pose, it is on them. If dealers slap on AMG badges, and people that buy he car don't know what the badge is, that is another issue altogether.
The point is, dealers don't just "slap on the badge". It costs money, and they do it at customer request. A poser is a poser, and having only the badge without making an even bigger *** of themselves by doing "6.3 AMG" or "V8 Kompressor" doesn't make them less of a poser. Kind of like lying, you did or you didn't, no in between.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:29 PM

2019 s560 sedan
Originally Posted by Fast55
The point is, dealers don't just "slap on the badge". It costs money, and they do it at customer request. A poser is a poser, and having only the badge without making an even bigger *** of themselves by doing "6.3 AMG" or "V8 Kompressor" doesn't make them less of a poser. Kind of like lying, you did or you didn't, no in between.
WRONG!!! 2001 CLK 430 FROM THE DEALER WITH A AMG BADGE , I SHOULD KNOW I BOUGHT IT RIGHT OFF THE SHOWROOM FLOOR LIKE THAT !

THE RIMS WERE STAMPED AMG ON THEM FROM THE DEALER AS WELL , IS THIS POSING ?

I UNDER STAND WHAT YOUR SAYING AS FAR AS GOING THE EXTRA MILE TO PUT ALL THE EMBLEMS ON IS CHEESY AS HELL BUT TO CALL SOMEBODY OUT IS DOWN RIGHT DISRESPECTFUL AS SOME PEEPS HERE HAVE CLAIMED TO HAVE DONE .

ID BE BEATING ASSES IF SOMEBODY DID THAT TO ME
Old 05-09-2010, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Well smart guy, first thing is THIS IS YELLING IF YOU DON'T KNOW IT. Second thing is, you missed the point, and that is the dealer probably put that on at your request, and if he didn't you still paid for it. The car did not come from the factory with the badge period. Sport package cars come with AMG wheels and they are an option on plain MB's, but apparently everyone but you knows that it doesn't make it an AMG. You probably have one of those retarded metal dealer emblems riveted to the deck lid as well. You could always log into the AMG private and lounge and talk to Affalterbach directly and confirm what I already know. Stay in NY Mr. "beating asses", you'll live longer.

Last edited by Fast55; 05-09-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:47 PM

335i
Yesterday I was behind a ~2004 CLK430? Had the AMG badge right on the opposite side of the CLK430 badge.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:48 PM

His wife crazy
As far as I know. No AMG car has a 3 number designation.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:29 PM

2003 SL55 AMG
I was down in Houston, TX the other week and pulled up next to this guy in my SL55. His car was badged "SS 430" and had the AMG trunk badge and V8 Kompressor fender badges. It looked really cute with his small MB labeled brakes. He wouldn't make eye contact once he realized me and my buddy were laughing at him.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Official Poser Sighting Thread