Notices
W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Poser Sighting Thread

 
Old 07-27-2009, 01:22 PM
  #51  
Senior Member
 
LB63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: el clinico magnifico
Posts: 450
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
E63, S550
Originally Posted by TopEndS62 View Post
Thats exactly what I understand...
But everione here is saying that the AMG package does not exist
It's called the AMG appearance package, but it is not an actual AMG hence the lack of an AMG badge from the factory.
LB63 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 01:42 PM
  #52  
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mexico
Posts: 555
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
09 CLK550
so if i debadge my clk550 to clk55 ///AMG that make a me a poser? pretty sure clk550 is just as fast as the clk55 so if i loose a race the other guy can take on a clk55 ///AMG.....
BLKCLK550 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 02:14 PM
  #53  
Super Member
 
TopEndS62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY/Tampa, FL
Posts: 831
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2005 BLK/BLK E-Double Nickel.
Originally Posted by 220S View Post
I don't think anybody has said that. :
I was shut down in post 11 when I claimed the car had an AMG package...

He claimed....

Originally Posted by Fast55 View Post
No, it's the "sport" package. The only way to get the "AMG" package is to actually buy an AMG. .
I know these cars don't leave the factory with these badges

Last edited by TopEndS62; 07-27-2009 at 02:19 PM.
TopEndS62 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 02:16 PM
  #54  
Super Member
 
TopEndS62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY/Tampa, FL
Posts: 831
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2005 BLK/BLK E-Double Nickel.
Originally Posted by LB63 View Post
It's called the AMG appearance package, but it is not an actual AMG hence the lack of an AMG badge from the factory.

Thank You...

I never said the car left the factory with the badges though.... I know they didn't... My argument was, what is the name of the package?

Last edited by TopEndS62; 07-27-2009 at 02:20 PM.
TopEndS62 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 02:30 PM
  #55  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 566
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1
Thats downright mean. . But technically its still a poser. Someone did that in missouri area..created a thread on it a while back.

Originally Posted by str8ridin View Post
I'm going to the track next week and am putting on E350 badges. Is that posing? What if I keep the AMG badges on?
erifly is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 02:40 PM
  #56  
Member
 
LitiGATOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 247
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CTS-V
Originally Posted by BLKCLK550 View Post
so if i debadge my clk550 to clk55 ///AMG that make a me a poser?
Absolutely.

Originally Posted by BLKCLK550 View Post
pretty sure clk550 is just as fast as the clk55
False. Try again.
LitiGATOR is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 02:45 PM
  #57  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 801
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
2003 S55AMG, 2013 GLK350, 1969 280S
Originally Posted by BLKCLK550 View Post
so if i debadge my clk550 to clk55 ///AMG that make a me a poser? pretty sure clk550 is just as fast as the clk55 so if i loose a race the other guy can take on a clk55 ///AMG.....
Putting CLK55 badges on your 550 makes you the definition of a poser.

What liar told you your 550 is as fast as a 55?
Busta Riles is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 02:46 PM
  #58  
Senior Member
 
LB63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: el clinico magnifico
Posts: 450
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
E63, S550
Originally Posted by TopEndS62 View Post
Thank You...

I never said the car left the factory with the badges though.... I know they didn't... My argument was, what is the name of the package?
At least it's cleared up now.

I'm sure BMW has something similar like the M appearance package or something like that, and I think the same basic rule applies that if it just is an appearance package then the M badge should not be on the car.

I see a lot of BMW 550's with the M appearance package but no M badge just as it should be.
LB63 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 02:48 PM
  #59  
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mexico
Posts: 555
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
09 CLK550
Originally Posted by LitiGATOR View Post
Absolutely.



False. Try again.
so you are saying clk55 amg is faster than clk550 ?
please explain....
BLKCLK550 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 03:01 PM
  #60  
Member
 
LitiGATOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 247
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CTS-V
Originally Posted by BLKCLK550 View Post
so you are saying clk55 amg is faster than clk550 ?
Yes, of course it's faster. Explain? More hp = faster.
LitiGATOR is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 03:03 PM
  #61  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Karlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fairfax,VA
Posts: 1,554
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
06 E55
Originally Posted by BLKCLK550 View Post
so you are saying clk55 amg is faster than clk550 ?
please explain....
clk550, 5.5-liter V8 that develops 382 horsepower and 390 ft-lbs. of torque.
clk55, 5.4-liter V8 rated at 362 horsepower and 376 pound-feet of torque


I don't know how they can explain that? I wouldn't put amg clk55 because it doesn't belong to your car, but clk550 is faster than 55.
Karlson is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 03:03 PM
  #62  
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mexico
Posts: 555
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
09 CLK550
Originally Posted by LitiGATOR View Post
Yes, of course it's faster. Explain? More hp = faster.
hahaha are you ok? CLK55 amg has 365 hp and CLK550 has 383......

shows how much you know.

Originally Posted by Karlson View Post
clk550, 5.5-liter V8 that develops 382 horsepower and 390 ft-lbs. of torque.
clk55, 5.4-liter V8 rated at 362 horsepower and 376 pound-feet of torque


I don't know how they can explain that? I wouldn't put amg clk55 because it doesn't belong to your car, but clk550 is faster than 55.
+1 i would debage my car for one reason... more people would want to race me once they see AMG badge.
BLKCLK550 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 03:07 PM
  #63  
Member
 
LitiGATOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 247
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CTS-V
Originally Posted by BLKCLK550 View Post
hahaha are you ok? CLK55 amg has 365 hp and CLK550 has 383......

shows how much you know
If that's true, then I stand corrected. I did not know that the CLK550 was faster than the CLK55; that's weird.

But, making your appear to be a CLK55 AMG would be posing. That I'm sure of.
LitiGATOR is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 03:09 PM
  #64  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Karlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fairfax,VA
Posts: 1,554
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
06 E55
Originally Posted by LitiGATOR View Post
If that's true, then I stand corrected. I did not know that the CLK550 was faster than the CLK55; that's weird.
what are you talking about when you say if it's true? Google the specs of those cars and you will get the answer, nothing is weird.
Karlson is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 03:10 PM
  #65  
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mexico
Posts: 555
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
09 CLK550
Originally Posted by LitiGATOR View Post
If that's true, then I stand corrected. I did not know that the CLK550 was faster than the CLK55; that's weird.

But, making your appear to be a CLK55 AMG would be posing. That I'm sure of.
posing to be a slower car ? so if i want to bedage my CLK550 to CLK350 and pick on people making them think they lost to a v6 clk350?
i would call that a sleeper not a poser.
BLKCLK550 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 03:12 PM
  #66  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
220S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,336
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by TopEndS62 View Post
Thank You...

I never said the car left the factory with the badges though.... I know they didn't... My argument was, what is the name of the package?
If you want to get technical, in 2009 it was called the AMG Sport Package option 321. Before that, it was called the Sport Package option 333.

321 had: "sport front and rear bumper, AMG 18" 5-spoke wheels with all season tires, sports steering wheel with paddle shifters." The only thing branded with 'AMG' were the wheels. No side badges, etc..

The Mulroney sticker from the 2009 E Class simply called it "Sport Package 321."
220S is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 03:12 PM
  #67  
Member
 
LitiGATOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 247
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CTS-V
Originally Posted by Karlson View Post
nothing is weird.
It's weird that the CLK55 is slower than the CLK550. You'd think that the higher-end, more expensive model would be faster. That's what I think is weird, I'm not disputing that the CLK550 is faster (any more).
LitiGATOR is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 03:17 PM
  #68  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
220S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,336
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by BLKCLK550 View Post
more people would want to race me once they see AMG badge.
Um, is that why you have Einstein as your avatar?

Anyway, this CLK550 versus CLK55 thing has been beaten to death years ago in just about every forum out there.
220S is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 03:23 PM
  #69  
Senior Member
 
LB63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: el clinico magnifico
Posts: 450
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
E63, S550
Originally Posted by BLKCLK550 View Post
i would call that a sleeper not a poser.
I would call it a sleeper too.
LB63 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 03:43 PM
  #70  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,477
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by BLKCLK550 View Post
posing to be a slower car ? so if i want to bedage my CLK550 to CLK350 and pick on people making them think they lost to a v6 clk350?
i would call that a sleeper not a poser.
I would call you a poser.

Fact is, any tool that (even remotely entertains the idea herein of) placing a badge on a vehicle with the sole intent to confuse, fool, or in any other shape, way or form misrepresent the vehicle's true platform would thereafter be labeled as a poser, poser.

It's hilarious you seem surprised that Litigator assumed the CLK55 was faster then your lower on-the-food chain, cheaper and uglier CLK550-- yet you use his same logic for rebadging your vehicle-- because everyone thinks the AMG is faster (thereby making it easier for you to "get people to race"). Don't try to insult his intelligence and at the same time use it to justify your rebadging theory.
Akademiks is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 03:48 PM
  #71  
Super Member
 
TopEndS62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY/Tampa, FL
Posts: 831
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2005 BLK/BLK E-Double Nickel.
Originally Posted by 220S View Post
If you want to get technical, in 2009 it was called the AMG Sport Package option 321. Before that, it was called the Sport Package option 333.

321 had: "sport front and rear bumper, AMG 18" 5-spoke wheels with all season tires, sports steering wheel with paddle shifters." The only thing branded with 'AMG' were the wheels. No side badges, etc..

The Mulroney sticker from the 2009 E Class simply called it "Sport Package 321."
thanks for the clear up
TopEndS62 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 03:53 PM
  #72  
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mexico
Posts: 555
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
09 CLK550
Originally Posted by Akademiks View Post
I would call you a poser.

Fact is, any tool that (even remotely entertains the idea herein of) placing a badge on a vehicle with the sole intent to confuse, fool, or in any other shape, way or form misrepresent the vehicle's true platform would thereafter be labeled as a poser, poser.

It's hilarious you seem surprised that Litigator assumed the CLK55 was faster then your lower on-the-food chain, cheaper and uglier CLK550-- yet you use his same logic for rebadging your vehicle-- because everyone thinks the AMG is faster (thereby making it easier for you to "get people to race"). Don't try to insult his intelligence and at the same time use it to justify your rebadging theory.
it just shows that many people don't know the performance of a clk550...
uglier ? last time i checked they look identical.
BLKCLK550 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 03:59 PM
  #73  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,477
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by BLKCLK550 View Post
it just shows that many people don't know the performance of a clk550...
uglier ? last time i checked they look identical.
Not without the AMG bodykit, and not without the quad exhaust-- I suppose looks are a matter of opinion regardless.

You've still got no point, and you'd still be a poser.
Akademiks is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 04:03 PM
  #74  
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mexico
Posts: 555
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
09 CLK550
Originally Posted by Akademiks View Post
Not without the AMG bodykit, and not without the quad exhaust-- I suppose looks are a matter of opinion regardless.

You've still got no point, and you'd still be a poser.
last time i checked my car came with amg wheels amg front and rear, the only thing i am missing is the quad exaust which will be done in few weeks... i guess i will be a proud poser.
BLKCLK550 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 04:05 PM
  #75  
Senior Member
 
LB63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: el clinico magnifico
Posts: 450
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
E63, S550
Originally Posted by Akademiks View Post
You've still got no point, and you'd still be a poser.
To me there is a difference between badging your car to look like the more upscale model and badging it to a lower model to win a race by catching them off-guard.
LB63 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Official Poser Sighting Thread


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in:
You Rated this Thread: 5