Notices
W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Poser Sighting Thread

 
Old 07-27-2009, 04:12 PM
  #76  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,477
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by BLKCLK550 View Post
last time i checked my car came with amg wheels amg front and rear, the only thing i am missing is the quad exaust which will be done in few weeks... i guess i will be a proud poser.
I guess you will-- we just might see a pic of your car in this thread.

Originally Posted by LB63 View Post
To me there is a difference between badging your car to look like the more upscale model and badging it to a lower model to win a race by catching them off-guard.
Ok, so let me get this straight, you're going to pay a premium for a higher-end vehicle only to rebadge it to look like a base model-- so you can get more people to race you?

And in any event, Blkclk550's CLK550 is a lower model, which he plans to rebadge as the higher model CLK55; simple performance numbers hardly equate a standard model CLK to the AMG level. If that were the case you could buy yourself a CLK320, mod it, beat even the Black Series and call it a day-- but it still wouldn't give you the justification to rebadge your CLK320 as a Black Series.

Even still, performance figures be damned, I will take a CLK55 any day of the week over a CLK550.
Akademiks is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 04:17 PM
  #77  
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mexico
Posts: 555
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
09 CLK550
Originally Posted by Akademiks View Post
I guess you will-- we just might see a pic of your car in this thread.



Ok, so let me get this straight, you're going to pay a premium for a higher-end vehicle only to rebadge it to look like a base model-- so you can get more people to race you?

And in any event, Blkclk550's CLK550 is a lower model, which he plans to rebadge as the higher model CLK55; simple performance numbers hardly equate a standard model CLK to the AMG level. If that were the case you could buy yourself a CLK320, mod it, beat even the Black Series and call it a day-- but it still wouldn't give you the justification to rebadge your CLK320 as a Black Series.

Even still, performance figures be damned, I will take a CLK55 any day of the week over a CLK550.
dude same engine same car besides a few tweaks from AMG in an older model.... you cant compare a 320 to a black series because in no way it is the same car besides the name clk.... where clk55 and 550 are basically the exact same car just not tuned by amg. I am against E350 rebadged to E55 amg because the engins are not the same and HP difference is about 2times. I bet if i pulled up in my 550 debadged as a 55 amg you wouldn't even be able to spot it unless you look at the seats and the dash board.
BLKCLK550 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 04:22 PM
  #78  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Karlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fairfax,VA
Posts: 1,554
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
06 E55
Karlson is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 04:47 PM
  #79  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,477
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by BLKCLK550 View Post
dude same engine same car besides a few tweaks from AMG in an older model.... you cant compare a 320 to a black series because in no way it is the same car besides the name clk.... where clk55 and 550 are basically the exact same car just not tuned by amg. I am against E350 rebadged to E55 amg because the engins are not the same and HP difference is about 2times. I bet if i pulled up in my 550 debadged as a 55 amg you wouldn't even be able to spot it unless you look at the seats and the dash board.
You'd be wrong. I have a keen eye when it comes to cars-- I'd be able to tell your CLK is a fake from your standard brakes-- nevermind your seats and dash.

And even if I couldn't tell the difference-- would it make you happier knowing that you've fooled someone into believing you paid more your car then you really did?

And for the record, CLK320 is just as different from a CLK55 as is your CLK550-- it's a different model, period; yes it might share parts, but so do a Gallardo and an R8.

The simple fact of the matter is, if AMG wanted their badge on your CLK550, your car would've came with them. It doesn't matter how similar it is, and how many people you can fool-- you're still posing.
Akademiks is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 04:48 PM
  #80  
Senior Member
 
Jen_Kenne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Latitude 26.1695, Longitude -80.0997
Posts: 475
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
my wife wild, but she loves every minute of it.
poser central

For all of the posers and wannabe out there - eBay is your source for badges. They have them all so you can put that V-12 Biturbo badge on your C300 and the world will think you're kool.

Just do a search for "Mercedes Benz Truck Emblem Badge" and throw in AMG, E63, or other details and you too, can become the koolest dude in town.
Jen_Kenne is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 04:49 PM
  #81  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,477
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by Jen_Kenne View Post
For all of the posers and wannabe out there - eBay is your source for badges. They have them all so you can put that V-12 Biturbo badge on your C300 and the world will think you're kool.

Just do a search for "Mercedes Benz Truck Emblem Badge" and throw in AMG, E63, or other details and you too, can become the koolest dude in town.


Hey, wtf doode, the C300 and SL65 are pretty much the same. They have seats and a steering wheel-- and even the 3-point star! I say to hell with it, they're all pretty much the same.


Akademiks is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 04:52 PM
  #82  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
220S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,336
Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Einstein, just fess up. You want to stick an AMG badge on there for the prestige and coolness factor. That's okay, but just be honest.

If you think you are doing it to attract people to race you, that makes zero sense. Most people who are going to race you, know what AMG is all about and they won't be racing you unless they have something they know they can win with. Meaning a lot faster than your 550. And what, you think people who might know the specs of a CLK55 are going to line up like drunks at a keg just to race you?

Yeah, okay, then badge it even lower and race baboons in Accords.

I don't get your excuse. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and you know it.

Let's be honest, here.

Better yet take it to the track where nobody cares what badges you've got, only your slips.
220S is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 04:53 PM
  #83  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,299
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is absolutely ridiculous.

Yes, the 550 is faster than the 55. But then wear those 550 badges proudly and smoke NON AMG cars to show em whose boss! Dont re-badge your ***** for the sake of confusing others.

Look, before he blew the engine, my friend drove the fastest BMW 330ci in all of North America. You know what he did? He blacked out his 330ci badges so they would STAND OUT EVEN MORE against his white car. Why? Because he was proud of what he was driving and the fact that even though it wasn't an M3, it could smoke pretty much anything on the road.

So who cares, if you drive a E320 or a fukin SL65 Black Series, rock it proudly and make it your own. But as soon as a different badge hits that decklid, you're trying to be something you are not. Poser or not, thats just pathetic.
zdkdeeier493 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 04:58 PM
  #84  
Senior Member
 
Jen_Kenne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Latitude 26.1695, Longitude -80.0997
Posts: 475
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
my wife wild, but she loves every minute of it.
Originally Posted by Akademiks View Post


Hey, wtf doode, the C300 and SL65 are pretty much the same. They have seats and a steering wheel-- and even the 3-point star! I say to hell with it, they're all pretty much the same.

ROFL! Glad I did not have coffee in my mouth when I read that!

I have to wonder - if it's kuel to have one AMG badge on the trunk why not two or three? Maybe some on the front fenders too. If you really want to impress people, go to Home Depot and get the letters in 6" brass and attach them to the trunklid. Throw in some neon in the fender wells, and you've got it made.

But the ULTIMATE badge is the Domino's delivery that you put on the roof. Nothing says kuel like Domino's Delivery!
Jen_Kenne is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 04:58 PM
  #85  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
220S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,336
Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by Eleanor Owner View Post
This is absolutely ridiculous.

Yes, the 550 is faster than the 55. But then wear those 550 badges proudly and smoke NON AMG cars to show em whose boss! Dont re-badge your ***** for the sake of confusing others.

Look, before he blew the engine, my friend drove the fastest BMW 330ci in all of North America. You know what he did? He blacked out his 330ci badges so they would STAND OUT EVEN MORE against his white car. Why? Because he was proud of what he was driving and the fact that even though it wasn't an M3, it could smoke pretty much anything on the road.

So who cares, if you drive a E320 or a fukin SL65 Black Series, rock it proudly and make it your own. But as soon as a different badge hits that decklid, you're trying to be something you are not. Poser or not, thats just pathetic.
There's no point to any of this except for a weird kind of insecurity or something.
220S is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 04:58 PM
  #86  
Member
 
blk07bruins63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Palmyra, PA
Posts: 207
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2007 E63 AMG, 2012 F250 4x4
Poser's = no class
blk07bruins63 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 05:02 PM
  #87  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,477
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by Jen_Kenne View Post
ROFL! Glad I did not have coffee in my mouth when I read that!

I have to wonder - if it's kuel to have one AMG badge on the trunk why not two or three? Maybe some on the front fenders too. If you really want to impress people, go to Home Depot and get the letters in 6" brass and attach them to the trunklid. Throw in some neon in the fender wells, and you've got it made.

But the ULTIMATE badge is the Domino's delivery that you put on the roof. Nothing says kuel like Domino's Delivery!


Haha, I will be having a plethora of Fast N' Furious noobs testing the might of my 550 errr 55 bwahahahaha bow down to my brass badges I want badges and fock it even decals on the side of my car too so no matter which you angle you see my car from, you know I mean bizness!!! My car will be the ultimate kewl
Akademiks is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 05:11 PM
  #88  
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mexico
Posts: 555
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
09 CLK550
Originally Posted by Akademiks View Post
You'd be wrong. I have a keen eye when it comes to cars-- I'd be able to tell your CLK is a fake from your standard brakes-- nevermind your seats and dash.

And even if I couldn't tell the difference-- would it make you happier knowing that you've fooled someone into believing you paid more your car then you really did?

And for the record, CLK320 is just as different from a CLK55 as is your CLK550-- it's a different model, period; yes it might share parts, but so do a Gallardo and an R8.

The simple fact of the matter is, if AMG wanted their badge on your CLK550, your car would've came with them. It doesn't matter how similar it is, and how many people you can fool-- you're still posing.
last time i checked 09 clk550 cost more than 2007 clk55 amg lol so i guess i payed more. Im gonn go pretend im a clk55 amg while my car has the same engine same body style and more Hp from the factory....
and dont even bother with your stupid analogy c300 and c63 AMg they only have same body, engines are no the same.

When im done by poser transformation i will be more than happy to send you a picture so you can point out what will give it away from a clk55.

Last edited by BLKCLK550; 07-27-2009 at 05:13 PM.
BLKCLK550 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 05:22 PM
  #89  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
220S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,336
Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by BLKCLK550 View Post
last time i checked 09 clk550 cost more than 2007 clk55 amg lol so i guess i payed more. Im gonn go pretend im a clk55 amg while my car has the same engine same body style and more Hp from the factory....
and dont even bother with your stupid analogy c300 and c63 AMg they only have same body, engines are no the same.

When im done by poser transformation i will be more than happy to send you a picture so you can point out what will give it away from a clk55.
The point is, what's your point?
220S is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 05:24 PM
  #90  
Member
 
ZGlide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 115
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2005 E55
Can someone tell me where I can buy a "Powered By VTEC" wind shield sticker?
ZGlide is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 05:25 PM
  #91  
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mexico
Posts: 555
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
09 CLK550
Originally Posted by 220S View Post
The point is, what's your point?
point is that rebadging clk550 to clk55 ///AMG is not poser.
BLKCLK550 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 05:28 PM
  #92  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,299
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BLKCLK550 View Post
point is that rebadging clk550 to clk55 ///AMG is not poser.
Yes. It is.
zdkdeeier493 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 05:31 PM
  #93  
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mexico
Posts: 555
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
09 CLK550
Originally Posted by Eleanor Owner View Post
Yes. It is.
yeah it is so i decided to rebadge to CLK350
BLKCLK550 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 05:32 PM
  #94  
Member
 
LitiGATOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 247
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CTS-V
Originally Posted by BLKCLK550 View Post
point is that rebadging clk550 to clk55 ///AMG is not poser.
Wow, you're dense. I've always wondered what the posers' mindset is, and thanks to your posts, I know.
LitiGATOR is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 05:42 PM
  #95  
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mexico
Posts: 555
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
09 CLK550
Originally Posted by LitiGATOR View Post
Wow, you're dense. I've always wondered what the posers' mindset is, and thanks to your posts, I know.
now you know funny how fast people lable someone as a poser

if you lable me as a poser in the same category as person that rebadges
a E350 to a E55 AMG then you are blind.
BLKCLK550 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 05:45 PM
  #96  
Member
 
LitiGATOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 247
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CTS-V
Originally Posted by BLKCLK550 View Post
now you know funny how fast people lable someone as a poser

if you lable me as a poser in the same category as person that rebadges
a E350 to a E55 AMG then you are blind.
There are varying degrees of "poser-dom," but you're still a poser. If you wanted the CLK55, you should have bought it. CLK550 and CLK55 are two different cars; just like an E320 and E55 are two different cars.
LitiGATOR is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 05:54 PM
  #97  
Senior Member
 
LB63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: el clinico magnifico
Posts: 450
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
E63, S550
BLKCLK550- badging your car as an AMG when it is not (even if it is faster) is

People who know AMG know it is more than just a badge and having the biggest engine. It's the engine, brakes, suspension, and cosmetic changes. Don't badge your car an AMG unless it came that way from the factory.

Originally Posted by 220S View Post
There's no point to any of this except for a weird kind of insecurity or something.
That's my point, badging your car to a higher model is due to insecurity, i.e. trying garner prestige and attention for driving the top of the line model.

However I think downgrading the badge is not as offensive because the person is trying to be unassuming/understated with the lower classed badge.

It is true though that both are technically posing.
LB63 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 06:04 PM
  #98  
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mexico
Posts: 555
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
09 CLK550
lol i think the only thing i am missing to bea true CLK55 amg is the brakes and the quad exaust.
BLKCLK550 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 06:07 PM
  #99  
Member
 
LitiGATOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 247
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CTS-V
Originally Posted by BLKCLK550 View Post
lol i think the only thing i am missing to bea true CLK55 amg is the brakes and the quad exaust.
And an actual CLK55.
LitiGATOR is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 06:11 PM
  #100  
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mexico
Posts: 555
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
09 CLK550
Originally Posted by LitiGATOR View Post
And an actual CLK55.

please explain my poser self does not understand what you mean by that.
BLKCLK550 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Official Poser Sighting Thread


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: