W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you deal with people who ask about your car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
Originally Posted by shardul
Most of the time the people I hamg out with don't ask. I know the moment people see you drive a mb they have a certain set perception.
This is kinda off topic. This past wkend I was at a bar having a drink and wearing my amg hat with a crest logo in it. My female companion asked me why do you have a avacado tree embroidered on your hat... I was like wtf you dumb *****.
ooh where did u get a hat with the AMG crest on it?
id love to pick one up.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E550 4-Matic
I tell people I drive a Chrysler... though I've been thinking I might need to change that to say I drive a Fiat now....
Old 07-09-2009, 01:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55 AMG
Personally, I gently wave my hand in front of them, from left to right, while stating "what car?" As they momentarily fall into a hypnotic state, I kindly ask them for their wallet before driving away. How else am I going to pay for this thing...
Old 07-09-2009, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Volvo
As of now I own 3 mercs... haha Can't stop buying them, But when I work from home but travel for different meetings and i just take my 190e 2.6, The paint is all messed up so it doens't look like a car with someone that owns 3 mercs so i don't get bothered Only on Weekends!
Old 07-09-2009, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
The problem is that the rest of the world doesn't realize that the value of these cars drops faster than a cement overcoat in the East River.

What they perceive to be an expensive car is really worth less than a Toyota after a couple of years.

It's all myth and no meat.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:36 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by 220S
The problem is that the rest of the world doesn't realize that the value of these cars drops faster than a cement overcoat in the East River.

What they perceive to be an expensive car is really worth less than a Toyota after a couple of years.

It's all myth and no meat.
Originally Posted by Karlson
haha, I am not far from young guys, I am 24 years old and took a loan to buy a car, almost done with a loan thou. It is not my fault that some people are buying crappy new cars that cost around $35k and I am telling them that for that money they could buy used beast
Originally Posted by izzyz28
I do get comments about being loaded and a baller, but I just laugh it off and tell them their 1/2 ton pickup cost more than I paid for the Benz.
Funny ain't it. One thing a Mercedes will always have is that sense of "oh you drive a Mercedes, you must be rich", etc. I see people getting that who are driving longly outdated body styles. I think a lot of people have such a strong perception of "Mercedes = high-end/exotic" in a sense, they don't bother to look into the fact that many damn nice ones COST LESS THAN THAT CAMRY THEY JUST BOUGHT!! Or are perhaps intimidated by it, I dunno. All I know is taking advantage of it is a beautiful thing.

Last edited by K-A; 07-10-2009 at 01:38 AM.