some throttle body info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by MJ50
if u make the mount, then i'm ordering the 1st one!
So you are going to put a bigger adapter and bigger throttle body on a smaller sc inlet
Originally Posted by Full Throttle
Here is a CNC'ed 4" T-body for a Supra designed from the ground up that supports north of 1400whp
$500, MB prices are nuts!!!
What's your point? A) That price is just for the TB and is not even drive by wire. B) The MB TB kits come with a ported sc inlet, TB and a ypipe. Go to your local mbdealer and see how much an unmodified sc inlet and ypipe cost. If you think you can build TB kits for MB's for $500 or less than do it. Complaining gets you nowhere
Old 09-23-2009, 05:52 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
So you are going to put a bigger adapter and bigger throttle body on a smaller sc inlet

What's your point? A) That price is just for the TB and is not even drive by wire. B) The MB TB kits come with a ported sc inlet, TB and a ypipe. Go to your local mbdealer and see how much an unmodified sc inlet and ypipe cost. If you think you can build TB kits for MB's for $500 or less than do it. Complaining gets you nowhere
The point is that modified take off parts that make less power should not cost more than similar purpose built completely custom designed parts. I dont think $1200-$1900 for is a reasonable price for machined factory take off parts. Please excuse my ignorance, but what does *drive by wire* have to do with power production? If you put 40 psi through that MB *drive by wire* throttle body it would explode.

If you think you can build TB kits for MB's for $500 or less than do it.
No interest im building another Supra. My baby will remain stock until the real players get involved, which from what im seeing will be very very soon
Old 09-23-2009, 10:08 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Please excuse my ignorance, but what does *drive by wire* have to do with power production? If you put 40 psi through that MB *drive by wire* throttle body it would explode.
Do you know what you're talkin about? Obviously it is more expensive to make a drive by wire throttle body than drive by cable (of the same dimensions etc). Do you not see that? Electronic stuff is almost always more expensive than mechanical. And NO, the TB doesnt see any boost. The supercharger is AFTER the TB. Plus I have a very hard time seeing a TB explode if it were under boost. The simple answer is this... MB tuners can charge rediculous amounts because people pay it. As long as the market is there and people are paying, the price won't come down. Another reason for high prices is the relatively small demand for these parts. The less you sell, the more profit margin you need to make it worthwhile. I agree that MB parts are overpriced but if you think MB parts will be the same price as supra parts you need a reality check. And who are these players you speak of? Any of em ever make a good pass down the track?

I bet an unmodified inlet and ypipe from MB will cost you over $500 on its own. Then factor in the cost of modifying the inlet (to do it right you use a CNC machine which isn't cheap) and then of course the TB itself.

Last edited by blackbenzz; 09-23-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:25 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
MB tuners can charge rediculous amounts because people pay it. .
This is starting to come to an end. Good luck selling your $1250 throttle bodies. Sorry you're upset i refused to just give my money away to you.

And who are these players you speak of? Any of em ever make a good pass down the track?
Is this a joke?....
Old 09-23-2009, 10:33 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
This is starting to come to an end. Good luck selling your $1250 throttle bodies. Sorry you're upset i refused to just give my money away to you.
I dont need any luck. Guess what? They are all sold You should see my pm box full of requests but I'm not making anymore, just that one run. Lol @ being upset, I was trying to hook you up. Your loss. I dont do this for a living buddy, I did it to help out people that didnt want to pay over $3k for a 82mm TB. Good luck on coming out with a tb for $500. When you do end up modding your CLS we should line em up and see what happens

Is this a joke?....
No

Last edited by blackbenzz; 09-23-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
I dont need any luck. Guess what? They are all sold You should see my pm box full of requests but I'm not making anymore, just that one run. Lol @ being upset, I was trying to hook you up. Your loss. I dont do this for a living buddy, I did it to help out people that didnt want to pay over $3k for a 82mm TB. Good luck on coming out with a tb for $500. When you do end up modding your CLS we should line em up and see what happens

No
LOL this has to be a joke. Additionally i have no interest in racing some 11-12 second car sorry. I wont be modding my CLS until vendors i trust who have a track record of building the quickest and fastest cars ( of any type) in the world create parts for my CLS. Cheap basement made and or modified OEM parts do not interest me.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
LOL this has to be a joke. Additionally i have no interest in racing some 11-12 second car sorry. I wont be modding my CLS until vendors i trust who have a track record of building the quickest and fastest cars ( of any type) in the world create parts for my CLS. Cheap basement made and or modified OEM parts do not interest me.
You might want to look into my track record and take a look at one of the TB kits I had made before you run your mouth. My parts were made on a CNC machine, including the porting of the sc inlet. You will not find a higher quality sc inlet on the market.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:49 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
You might want to look into my track record and take a look at one of the TB kits I had made before you run your mouth. .
Well you're not a vendor so who should i go about doing this? Ask all the people you PM'ed soliciting sales which goes around this sites vendor policy fror their feedback? What part of Modified OEM take off parts does not interest me is not clear to you?
Old 09-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Well you're not a vendor so who should i go about doing this? Ask all the people you PM'ed soliciting sales which goes around this sites vendor policy fror their feedback? What part of Modified OEM take off parts does not interest me is not clear to you?
No I'm not a vendor nor do I plan to be. I had a handful of tb kits made and I sold them all to friends and I wont be making/selling any more. My track times are posted on the board, just look for the quickest 55 off nitrous. You wanna see the inlet, you can see the pic I posted. The part thats not clear to me is that you expressed interest in a OEM 80mm TB kit and sent many pms saying you were very interested in a 82mm TB and yet now you're not?
Old 09-23-2009, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55
Back on topic: If you find an Audi 4.2 40V chances are is has the Bosch 82mm throttle body. Here are some application for this throttle body.

AUDI A6 02 - 04 4.2L (8 cyl)
AUDI A6 05 - 08 4.2L
AUDI A8 03 - 03 VIN model "E" (8th digit)
AUDI A8 04 - 04
AUDI A8 05 - 08 4.2L
AUDI ALLROAD 04 - 04 4.2L
AUDI ALLROAD 05 - 05 4.2L
AUDI Q7 07 - 08 4.2L
AUDI RS4 07 - 07
AUDI RS4 08 - 08 Conv,Sdn, thru VIN 907000
AUDI S4 04 - 08
AUDI S5 08 - 08 4.2L
AUDI S6 02 - 03 (4.2L)
AUDI S8 01 - 02 (eng code "AYS")
AUDI S8 03 - 03 4.2L (VIN F, 5th digit), (thru 9/02, eng code "AYS")
PHAETON 04 - 06 4.2L (8 cyl)
TOUAREG 04 - 05 4.2L
TOUAREG 06 - 06 4.2L
TOUAREG 07 - 08 4.2L

The bolt spacing on the audi/bosch 82mm is 75mmX75mm in a perfect square, diagonal bolt spacing is 106mm.

Audi p/n # 077 133 162 A Bosch p/n # 280 750 047
Just below the Audi p/n is a 4 digit code in the form of xx.xx My guess is that this is a production code for month.year
Old 09-23-2009, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
I dont need any luck. Guess what? They are all sold You should see my pm box full of requests but I'm not making anymore, just that one run. Lol @ being upset, I was trying to hook you up.
NO!!! What do you mean that they are sold out, how so fast!? Local peeps must have first dibs on your items !!
Old 09-23-2009, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G55
has it been confirmed yet that the TB is "plug and play" ?
Old 09-23-2009, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
Full Throttle, No disrespect but I disagree. I got my first 78mm from Vrus who was just a fellow member tinkering in his garage late at night for much more than Blackbenzz is selling it to his friends for. At the time, RT was the only tuner offering the product and I wasn't their customer. All of us old skool mod junkies were shooting for 700hp. Lol

Since then I have purchased parts from many members at a fraction of the price. Chiromikey made a part for me, I purchased the CF engine pieces from Victor that are still on my engine, cooling upgrades from others, and many parts I am still looking forward to from my fellow board members. Honestly, I would have sold the 82mm for more. I hope guys like Victor, Ahmad, Mikey, Jody, Jangy, Josh, Mike, and those that I didn't mention, keep turning wrenches so we can have more options. I need more mods.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:35 PM

2002 BMW M5, 1992 AWD DSM, 1988 Yamaha FZR1000
No interest im building another Supra. My baby will remain stock until the real players get involved, which from what im seeing will be very very soon
I know what you mean. I came from the DSM world, where a full turboback exhaust was a few hundred bucks, a GT35R for a grand, set of 1600cc injectors for a couple hundred bucks, intercooler upgrades for a couple hundred bucks, etc. Breaking 10s cost you less than 10 grand and you were at triple/quadruple the stock HP when you were done.

The problem is that these AMGs are essentially luxury supercars. There is a big difference in the demographic between the Supra (and RX7, and Cobra, and DSM, and Fbody, and R34) drivers and the AMG drivers. When you want ventilated seats that massage you and change shape around corners to hold you in place, and a car that rides on air suspension and whispers along the road at 140, holds 5, and oozes elegance... you aren't checking Autotrader for a 12-year-old used car with 100k miles.

And as a result, there is no Haltech, AEM, or Vipec EMS for an AMG E55K. Those companies don't even look at manufacturing parts for our cars. The demand is not there. People don't mod AMGs the way they do Supras. Why? Because it's not worth the risk. Oh sure, there are a couple people out there that will go insane with their car, but the majority of people looking for aftermarket parts are not trying to build a 1200hp car. If Paul Walker had driven a bright orange SLK32 AMG in Fast & the Furious, who knows, things might be different these days.

Since the 55 is a luxury supercar, you are getting charged luxury supercar prices for parts. For some of it (exhaust immediately comes to mind) the prices are just ridiculous and the only reason I could see people using to justify the high prices would be R&D/time spent. It's certainly not materials. The difference in price between a set of longtube headers for an 03 Cobra and an 03 E55 is about $1500 and the difference in quality is nonexistent. Maybe even a nod to the Cobra, since you have huge names like Hooker and BBK (who have been doing this for 40 years) putting them together. For some of the other stuff, it just flat-out costs more.

The crowd that buys these cars is used to spending $80k+ for their car and paying top dollar for the parts. It's been a fairly recent development that vendors OTHER than Renntech/Kleemann/Brabus are coming out with their own stuff. From what I can tell, back in 2004, the only place to get your upgrades was one of those 3. And you paid a lot more than you do now. Things are getting better. The market is small, though, and the vendors want to make what they can. I know I've literally laughed out loud when I see an "intake system" that consists of a few bends and couplers, and they want $1000 for it. How many of those intakes do you think will be sold, though? Even if it was priced at $300? Or for the price of the parts themselves? There aren't that many people out there that want to mod these cars. These cars are supersedans that come stock a bit south of 500HP. Most of the people that buy them are satisfied with what it can do. The M5 has the same problem... demand for aftermarket is low, so supply price is high. Same thing with Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
My baby will remain stock until the real players get involved, which from what im seeing will be very very soon
This thread is going south quick. What players are you expecting to see? What parts? The 55K has been done by the major players and guess how they do it? With modified OEM parts. RennTech is notorious for it and NOT in a negative way. ALL of the throttle bodies used on AMGs to date have been an OEM part. ALL OF THEM. That includes any tuner you want to name.

You are right that some crazy mods are available on our cars and just trickling out. But, you are 100% off if you think any of the big tuners are involved in any way. That isn't to say that some of their distributors aren't but that is it.

Again, what parts are you looking for and who is about to release them? Are you looking to pay a premium to justify the brand? I'm confused why you even say what you do.

BTW, $1200 for the TB was a steala nd yes it was pure plug and play. I would pay to get copy of the adapter section.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:03 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by jangy
What players are you expecting to see?
The players that build some the quickest Supras, EVO's, and 350Z's in the world. I have already arranged to have my car shipped to a shop that will remain nameless for some R&D.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
The players that build some the quickest Supras, EVO's, and 350Z's in the world. I have already arranged to have my car shipped to a shop that will remain nameless for some R&D.
Sweet, sounds good. Dunno why all the secret, but lets see what they have. You name the 3 cars that EVERYONE has built the quickest of at one time or another. Keep disrespecting the members and pimping your tuners. Time will show what you come up with and it ad better not be a pulley for $500....

What mod could you possibly be doing that is worthwhile from the way you type? I don't doubt the tuner. I doubt that you would pay them what it would take to tune an MB.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:18 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by jangy
Sweet, sounds good. Dunno why all the secret, but lets see what they have. You name the 3 cars that EVERYONE has built the quickest of at one time or another. Keep disrespecting the members and pimping your tuners. Time will show what you come up with and it ad better not be a pulley for $500....

What mod could you possibly be doing that is worthwhile from the way you type? I don't doubt the tuner. I doubt that you would pay them what it would take to tune an MB.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:28 PM

E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
Turns out the S4 V8 (want to say it was a 2004-2005) has a Bosch 82mm throttle body identical to the Mercedes, even the plug.
Thats false.
Bosch Audi/VW throttle body has a D style connector. MB has a step square style connector. Not plug and play...

But I will correct this information.
See the thread above you.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
they are swappable
Old 09-24-2009, 09:45 PM

E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by AMS Performance
they are swappable
Everything is swappable but you CANT take a V8 throttle body and bolt it to an E55.
You need an adapter harness and a throttle adapter plate

MB on the left / Audi V8 on the right.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
You are not listening...

the end caps are swappable... undo the clips and swap them out, those two models are not the proper comparison... the later Audi V8 ones have the proper end caps (earlier ones do not).
Old 09-24-2009, 10:14 PM

E350 Coupe
You are not listening...

the end caps are swappable... undo the clips and swap them out, those two models are not the proper comparison... the later Audi V8 ones have the proper end caps (earlier ones do not).
I am listening perfectly fine.
I may not know enough about MB throttle bodies but I certainly know a thing or 2 about Audi V8 throttle bodies.
The end caps are not really swapable (at least the models I have worked on) as it uses the 3rd version of Bosch/Siemens TPS housings.
The MB unit uses the 2nd version
Old 09-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Is this Issam from 034? You make some cool **** for S4's. Make some stuff for us! Standalone would be nice

Full Throttle- lets see what you come up with. Just dont come crawling back asking me for advice or help.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:11 AM

E350 Coupe
the later Audi V8 ones have the proper end caps (earlier ones do not).
Ok just picked up the throttle body you were talking about.This is NLA and was superceeded by the unit I have above.
If you can get the Audi V8 unit with the V2 Bosch TPS then perfect but thats still 80mm.
Is this Issam from 034? You make some cool **** for S4's. Make some stuff for us! Standalone would be nice

Full Throttle- lets see what you come up with. Just dont come crawling back asking me for advice or help.
Yes it is

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: some throttle body info