W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My stock E55 vs Modded 335i (blackedout335)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 w211 E55
My stock E55 vs Modded 335i (blackedout335)

I got to meet up with blackedout335 for our rematch and I upgraded to the CM30 pump since we raced and he has, Jb3 tune, exhaust, intake, downpipes, FMIC, and I think he was on race gas. ( 1st time we raced I got abused by 3-4 car lengths but I was racing on a failing IC pump)

I would say the first few rolling races we did were pretty much even. We got only 1 video up and you can see we were side by side and it looks like he might be gaining but it stopped. We were racing on very bumpy roads and it was a little difficult to get anything clean.

After a few runs we jumped on the expressway and we did 2 more runs starting at around 40 mph and he got me by 1 car length twice in back to back runs. He was having a few issues with his jb3 map which he will prob explain himself but overall his 335 is FAST. I think my car faired very well against a well modded 335i. We are going to prob go for a 3rd rematch out by him where the roads are more dead, str8, and flat.

It was fun and I'm looking forward to next time. I have always prefered to keep my car stock performance wise but I'm beginning to get temped .
(Video will be posted soon)

Last edited by E55AMGGG04; 07-25-2009 at 01:59 AM.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:47 AM

Bicycle
Is your e55 stock?
Old 07-25-2009, 03:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
335i
Originally Posted by sneakyneon
Is your e55 stock?
His car is stock but that thing is a beast. He just dyno'd it and made ~415 whp and ~450wtq...........

We did the first several runs on a not so good road to be honest, we expected there to be no cars and there was a bunch in patches. We eventually did two runs on the highway but even the highway wasn't that straight. Overall I agree with the description of the outcome of the races, maybe 1 1/2 car lengths on the highway there but im really not positive.

The map I was running tonight was 1.4 9A6 that is a beta map and I am pretty sure I am one of the very first person to test it out (received it yesterday) with the beta unlocked board. On the one map my car was having issues (map 11), but when we ran on the highway I dropped the map down to Map 9 which map 8 and 9 are patent race maps that have been around and critiqued for about a year now and maps 10-12 are very different and react differently, so pretty much what i was saying was it was a poor choice by me to try them out tonight.

Eventually I will get everything dialed and we will re run once again, but I have to say from the first time I raced his E55 with the failing pump to him running the upgraded pump this time was a night and day difference.

Last edited by Blackedout335i; 07-25-2009 at 03:31 AM.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:33 AM

Bicycle
Originally Posted by E55AMGGG04
keep my car stock performance wise but I'm beginning to get temped .
well figure 2 cars is about .4 to .5 in a 1/4 your going to need ABOUT 50 to 70 HP to beat him. Pulley and tune would get you there.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by E55AMGGG04
I got to meet up with blackedout335 for our rematch and I upgraded to the CM30 pump since we raced and he has, Jb3 tune, exhaust, intake, downpipes, FMIC, and I think he was on race gas. ( 1st time we raced I got abused by 3-4 car lengths but I was racing on a failing IC pump)

I would say the first few rolling races we did were pretty much even. We got only 1 video up and you can see we were side by side and it looks like he might be gaining but it stopped. We were racing on very bumpy roads and it was a little difficult to get anything clean.

After a few runs we jumped on the expressway and we did 2 more runs starting at around 40 mph and he got me by 1 car length twice in back to back runs. He was having a few issues with his jb3 map which he will prob explain himself but overall his 335 is FAST. I think my car faired very well against a well modded 335i. We are going to prob go for a 3rd rematch out by him where the roads are more dead, str8, and flat.

It was fun and I'm looking forward to next time. I have always prefered to keep my car stock performance wise but I'm beginning to get temped .
(Video will be posted soon)
2 words.
Tune
Pully
Old 07-25-2009, 03:42 AM

Bicycle
Originally Posted by mthis
2 words.
Tune
Pully
Ha i beat you to it....LOL
Old 07-25-2009, 03:45 AM

335i
well figure 2 cars is about .4 to .5 in a 1/4 your going to need ABOUT 50 to 70 HP to beat him. Pulley and tune would get you there.
To be totally honest, my car wasn't showing full potential since I couldn't run my stronger maps. I think there is some power that I can show for myself once I get things worked out............but none the less it is what it is when racing, its all about what u bring that day and time.............
Old 07-25-2009, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by Blackedout335i
To be totally honest, my car wasn't showing full potential since I couldn't run my stronger maps. I think there is some power that I can show for myself once I get things worked out............but none the less it is what it is when racing, its all about what u bring that day and time.............
Theres always a next time. Get things figured out and we will try again and see the outcome.

I'm waiting for a LOSS thats going to push me towards tune/pulley lol. The car is more then fast enough for me for now .
Old 07-25-2009, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
The e55 will perform slightly less when doing back to back runs on a stock heat exchanger, probably why it did better on the earlier runs.

It would be interesting to data log the E55 too.. once the IAT temps hit over 140F, the car will pull timing and loose power.

last time it was the E55 with issues and now the 335.. thats real world racing for ya'.

Hopefully we can see some runs with a JB3 tune only car vs stock E55. That would be interesting too.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:48 PM

///M5 Beast
Originally Posted by TopGun32
The e55 will perform slightly less when doing back to back runs on a stock heat exchanger, probably why it did better on the earlier runs.

It would be interesting to data log the E55 too.. once the IAT temps hit over 140F, the car will pull timing and loose power.

last time it was the E55 with issues and now the 335.. thats real world racing for ya'.

Hopefully we can see some runs with a JB3 tune only car vs stock E55. That would be interesting too.
To be fair 335i will lose just as much, both let there cars cool down during and after about each run.
Yes the 335i does have a intercooler to be cool its IAT more so than stock, but its running ALOT more boost than stock with stock IC piping, so that about breaks even between the two.

The last race, they let there cars cool down and drove out to a mexican highway to do the final two runs.
On these two final runs, the 335i went down to stock race gas maps, which i myself can run, which for him is LOW boost stock race gas maps.This is why he did better.
His car is having problems holding high boost, either his plugs, DV valves, car just pulling insane amount of timing, or other reason. His car was bogging and studdering all nite, before he dropped down his boost, than it pulled smoothly, but again those are maps i can run on my car which im basically stock lol.

E55AMGGG04's car is a strong runner, everyone who runs him says so, last nite was no different. Car is a beast!! he put down hgiher HP numbers than fully modded 335i make! and he did it on a 70-80 degree day with a 20mph lil lunch room fan!! 55 Kompressor engines are insane!!!

I hope we can get the E55 with a tune and pulley to come out next time, but from what E55AMGG04 told me he doesnt have even a upgraded pump non the less a H/E so he would be able to do one WOT run, if that, before his IAT sky rocket and he gets heatsoaked. But should be fun to see where him and blackedout335 stand, once of course his car holds boost

Last edited by Brisk335; 07-25-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Originally Posted by Brisk335
To be fair 335i will lose just as much, both let there cars cool down during and after about each run.
Yes the 335i does have a intercooler to be cool its IAT more so than stock, but its running ALOT more boost than stock with stock IC piping, so that about breaks even between the two.
I know you think the car should have walked the E55, but youre really reaching here. When talking about back to back runs there is no comparison between a heatsoaked roots blower and any intercooled turbo car.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:12 PM

2003 E500
Originally Posted by mthis
2 words.
Tune
Pully
Can't 4get to add some headers.. get some extra power and a nicer tone out of it.. plus ur lookin at an additional 26rwhp/23rwtrq from the VRP short headers.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:25 PM

///M5 Beast
Originally Posted by rory breaker
I know you think the car should have walked the E55, but youre really reaching here. When talking about back to back runs there is no comparison between a heatsoaked roots blower and any intercooled turbo car.

There was only 1 back to back run i saw which was on the free way, both with the same results of 1 car win for the 335i. Those were basically the only back to back runs. Every other run on the private road in mexico was too bumpy and after each run they came open there hoods and let things cool down
I seen first hand how much the E55 heat soaks, i can tell you right now if you think the 55 K engine in stock trim heatsoaks more than a 335i with a upgraded IC with tune, then you gotta do some research my friend. I was actually surprised how little E55AMGG04 WHP lost doing 3 back toback runs, around 30WHP to be exact from cool to last run, with a 20 mph fan, doing 155 WOT 4th gear runs!!!!!

As for who should win and if i think the 335 will WIN MORE', I believe the 335i has alot more in it, YES.
Last nite, the 335i that was there should make up to 420whp+ ( almost the same as the E55 put down on the dyno) in a car that is 400+ pounds lighter than the E55.
Based on that i would only think so, and the outcome shows i was close to that assumption, on a stock race map, his car was holding boost he was running smooth and pulled, on his high boost race map, he wasnt able to even pull since he couldnt hold boost.

But again, look what we are talking about here, a Modded, fully modded 335i at that, againist a bone stock E55 AMG...
I hope E55AMGGG04 can bring out the tuned/pulley E55 for next times runs, will be interesting to see it up againist a good running 335i.

Last edited by Brisk335; 07-25-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I hope we can get the E55 with a tune and pulley to come out next time, but from what E55AMGG04 told me he doesnt have even a upgraded pump non the less a H/E so he would be able to do one WOT run, if that, before his IAT sky rocket and he gets heatsoaked. But should be fun to see where him and blackedout335 stand, once of course his car holds boost
may I ask what is the target boost you are looking to get on the n54? Are talking about around 18lbs?

How much was he holding last night?
Old 07-25-2009, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S

lol what??? 2 cars is def not .5 on the 1/4

traveling 60mph = 88ft per second = 44ft per .5 seconds

E55 = 15.8ft

so at 60mph .5 seconds ~ 3 car lenghts using e55 length. given that e55 does 1/4 closer to 120 the .5 sec diff is more like 6 cars or so.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:41 PM

335i
The reason I pulled harder on the highway was because it was finally a SMOOTH, STRAIGHT, NON BUMP, with the capability of running 2nd through 5~6th gear (where my car almost fishe tailed cause i hit a huge bump at 80 and almost lost control on the other road) road.

Basically it showed consistently that I have the faster car, end of story, because we were both able to put down FULL POWER to the road without any interuption and these two runs were after a 30-40 minutes of our cars FULLY cooled down. This BULL**** about how he did better earlier on than later on is horse sh*t. Please don't make up excuses or bullsh*t reasons when u were not there nor the one racing, this leads to arguements and people believing it wasn't fair due to certain reasons which is absolutely false.

Sh*t like this pisses me off. Just cause he lost doesnt mean it wasn't fair. Plus my car was having huge issues early on and you can tell in the early video I was STILL slowly pulling, everyone that watched the video said it. But when you run only a MAX of two gears (all early on races) then you really cant tell the certain outcome, which later was determined EASILY on the highway.

Now I am by no means tooting my own horn because if he did similar mods to me and went a stg 2 flash , IC, Pulley and exhaust and he would be wiping the floor with me and wouldnt even be a contest.

Last edited by Blackedout335i; 07-25-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes
The reason I pulled harder on the highway was because it was finally a SMOOTH, STRAIGHT, NON BUMP, with the capability of running 2nd through 5~6th gear (where my car almost fishe tailed cause i hit a huge bump at 80 and almost lost control on the other road) road.

Basically it showed consistently that I have the faster car, end of story, because we were both able to put down FULL POWER to the road without any interuption and these two runs were after a 30-40 minutes of our cars FULLY cooled down. This BULL**** about how he did better earlier on than later on is horse sh*t. Please don't make up excuses or bullsh*t reasons when u were not there nor the one racing, this leads to arguements and people believing it wasn't fair due to certain reasons which is absolutely false.

Sh*t like this pisses me off. Just cause he lost doesnt mean it wasn't fair. Plus my car was having huge issues early on and you can tell in the early video I was STILL slowly pulling, everyone that watched the video said it. But when you run only a MAX of two gears (all early on races) then you really cant tell the certain outcome, which later was determined EASILY on the highway.

Now I am by no means tooting my own horn because if he did similar mods to me and went a stg 2 flash , IC, Pulley and exhaust and he would be wiping the floor with me and wouldnt even be a contest.
This post is 100% irrelevant to my comment. 100% irrelevant. My comment had nothing to do with your race.

The other guy answered what I was saying directly, and I guess I just disagree. This is based on my experience with multiple roots charged cars and TMIC/SMIC/FMIC/no IC turbo cars, and that roots blower on back to back pulls without time to cool down will make more of an impact on output than any IC'd turbo car. I do not however have experience specifically pitting 55k motors and 335 motors in dyno conditions where it seems you do, so I guess its just one of those "see it to believe it" scenarios. When discussing how heatsoak can affect performance, I dont see any comparison between a non IC'd roots charged motor and an IC'd turbo motor, regardless of piping or anything else.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:05 PM

335i
This post is 100% irrelevant to my comment. 100% irrelevant. My comment had nothing to do with your race.

The other guy answered what I was saying directly, and I guess I just disagree. This is based on my experience with multiple roots charged cars and TMIC/SMIC/FMIC/no IC turbo cars, and that roots blower on back to back pulls without time to cool down will make more of an impact on output than any IC'd turbo car. I do not however have experience specifically pitting 55k motors and 335 motors in dyno conditions where it seems you do, so I guess its just one of those "see it to believe it" scenarios. When discussing how heatsoak can affect performance, I dont see any comparison between a non IC'd roots charged motor and an IC'd turbo motor, regardless of piping or anything else.

It's called a race buddy. I mean your excuse is pretty lame. Whatever you bring to the race, it is what it is. So since its a roots blower you are not allowed to race it? You obviously ALSO have no knowledge on how safety prone my piggyback is inrelation to pulling back boost once above certain IAT's.....etc. Put it this way, after 40 minutes of cooling down period, your car would be making full power. We then proceeded to the highway and in the first race i put 1 1/2 car lengths on him, there should be no room for heat soak at all...............
Old 07-25-2009, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes
It's called a race buddy. I mean your excuse is pretty lame. Whatever you bring to the race, it is what it is. So since its a roots blower you are not allowed to race it? You obviously ALSO have no knowledge on how safety prone my piggyback is inrelation to pulling back boost once above certain IAT's.....etc. Put it this way, after 40 minutes of cooling down period, your car would be making full power. We then proceeded to the highway and in the first race i put 1 1/2 car lengths on him, there should be no room for heat soak at all...............
We are on 2 completely different wavelengths. I'll say it again - Im not making excuses, because Im not even discussing your races in particular. 3rd time - my comments have nothing to do with your race. I am discussing with the other guy the magnitude of heatsoak in a roots blower app vs any IC'd turbo app.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:22 PM

335i
We are on 2 completely different wavelengths. I'll say it again - Im not making excuses, because Im not even discussing your races in particular. 3rd time - my comments have nothing to do with your race. I am discussing with the other guy the magnitude of heatsoak in a roots blower app vs any IC'd turbo app.
So you are thread jacking. But are you not creating the possibility for excuses??
Old 07-25-2009, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes
So you are thread jacking. But are you not creating the possibility for excuses??
Give it up already, I am not your huckleberry. Its obvious you feel you should have won by more and are hurt here given your defensiveness. No one cares about it as much as you do, if that makes you feel any better. Can we move on?

Back to productive conversation, @ the other dude, curious about your experience specifically with 55k motors and heatsoak. If the E55 dropped 30whp on from 1st to 3rd runs back to back to back, what does a 335 drop? Given your assertion that its more than an E55, I have to say, something is engineered wrong there, that is not right. Not being coy, Im seriously asking as I do not have much experience with that motor and Im curious to hear what the deal is.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:36 AM

///M5 Beast
A stock 335i with a tune only, dropped around 50WHP on back to back runs, this is pushing close to double the factory PSI with a stock IC. Some cars have decent stock IC's, this car IC is pretty small and not efficent at all, esp when your running 2x the psi it was meant for.

Comparing last nite runs where Blackedout335 was running alot more boost and more mods, but had a intercooler in place, im guessing he is losing about 30-40WHP, taking into considertaion , Yes he is cooling better with the upgraded IC, but is also making more heat with more mods/more boost over a tune only 335i.

The actually dyno of the heatsoak i seen for the 55 k motor is from E55AMGGG04 himself at the dyno day he had about a week ago.
Your idea of SC vs Turbo and heatsoak high IAT, though in fact it may be true with some applications, isnt the case here.

Either way as mentioned, after each run, they popped there hoods chatted for a while and went back at it for another run. So the cars def cooled off enough to take out the back to back heat equation out.

Either way, there is nothing to argue, were are all good friends and cousins .. we had a great time, just car guys having fun, nothing more. H/E pump on the E55 was bad last time, 335i had a few issues this time, im sure will be worked out and life goes on. Its a hobby and fun times for us, the forum can take it as is.

Last edited by Brisk335; 07-26-2009 at 12:48 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
It sounds like you guys had a blast and amongst friends there should be no excuses. They always say run what you brung and this seems to be the case here. Whether or not heat soak was a issue for both parties who cares. You guys are just posting the outcome of the night and thanks for sharing.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:38 AM

335i
Originally Posted by bassn_07
It sounds like you guys had a blast and amongst friends there should be no excuses. They always say run what you brung and this seems to be the case here. Whether or not heat soak was a issue for both parties who cares. You guys are just posting the outcome of the night and thanks for sharing.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes

Comparing last nite runs where Blackedout335 was running alot more boost and more mods, but had a intercooler in place, im guessing he is losing about 30-40WHP, taking into considertaion , Yes he is cooling better with the upgraded IC, but is also making more heat with more mods/more boost over a tune only 335i.

The actually dyno of the heatsoak i seen for the 55 k motor is from E55AMGGG04 himself at the dyno day he had about a week ago.
Your idea of SC vs Turbo and heatsoak high IAT, though in fact it may be true with some applications, isnt the case here.
Unless that turbo is wayyyyyyy out of its efficiency range (IE at the point where more it literally cannot make any more power because any more pressure it generates is actually detrimental) Im not seeing or hearing anything that proves the 335 is a phsyical anomaly.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My stock E55 vs Modded 335i (blackedout335)