Sacramento track results!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
I was loading it up too much causing it to get hotter then it should have. I also had it in sport not comfort but I'm not sure how much that would even take away on the car squatting. I know I can get the record I ran it too much back to back after the first two 11.5s and she has never been that hot during runs. It was 20 degrees warmer and the DA was almost 2k more then what he did that in so we will see. Yes I have the Renntech TCU or speedshift for the car and it works great.
I do my burnouts in Sport mode with the traction control turned off and then ride out the burnout after 5 seconds.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
I was loading it up too much causing it to get hotter then it should have. I also had it in sport not comfort but I'm not sure how much that would even take away on the car squatting. I know I can get the record I ran it too much back to back after the first two 11.5s and she has never been that hot during runs. It was 20 degrees warmer and the DA was almost 2k more then what he did that in so we will see. Yes I have the Renntech TCU or speedshift for the car and it works great.
I was looking at his times yesterday and it seems that his runs were at DA +788, or something like that. If that's the case you have some work ahead of you. Either way cooler weather is coming and things will start to happen.

How were you checking your transmission temps?
Old 08-10-2009, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Prius because I'm green
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Thanks Jody! Haha...most people still can't believe it either. I would have traded that 130 mph trap for a 10.999 pass in a heartbeat. It's nice trapping high but I have other goals in mind right now. 10's are in my sight now and it's just a matter of weather or my LT install ! At least I this time I'm not being accused of using NOS . I told Josh and Mo to go through my car and try to find anything out of the ordinary...nothing found .

I'll be taking one more shot at my 10's soon and hopefully it happens. I just need to get my launch a little better - 1.58-1.62 should get me there.

How do you know your transmission was running hot after the fact?
Well I don't for sure but I was talking with the guy at work today that drag races. I was telling him how they were not backing us up in the water. In one of my videos they back me up just to the damp area where you should be doing the burn out then pulling me out of it, I never got in the box. He told me it can heat up the transmission too much when it was fighting to spin the tires and couldn't. Also I was on the brakes too hard is what he suggest which is why when it was dry it wouldn't spin and just heat up the fluids. It's just a guessing game and she was bogging down more than normal like I said to you at the track. He's been doing it his whole life so I'll take what he has to say to some consideration but who knows. I'm just looking at anything to see what can be done better so I can get that 1.6 or better launch. He also told me about a new mod for the car that you would like to hear about Alan.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Well I don't for sure but I was talking with the guy at work today that drag races. I was telling him how they were not backing us up in the water. In one of my videos they back me up just to the damp area where you should be doing the burn out then pulling me out of it, I never got in the box. He told me it can heat up the transmission too much when it was fighting to spin the tires and couldn't. Also I was on the brakes too hard is what he suggest which is why when it was dry it wouldn't spin and just heat up the fluids. It's just a guessing game and she was bogging down more than normal like I said to you at the track. He's been doing it his whole life so I'll take what he has to say to some consideration but who knows. I'm just looking at anything to see what can be done better so I can get that 1.6 or better launch. He also told me about a new mod for the car that you would like to hear about Alan.
New mod?
Old 08-10-2009, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Hammer Down
I do my burnouts in Sport mode with the traction control turned off and then ride out the burnout after 5 seconds.
That's what I was doing and when I would get in water it would spin, well it would bounce a little because they really never put water down when I showed up. I'm going to tell the guy next time that it's a street car yes but it has DR's on it.

I was looking at his times yesterday and it seems that his runs were at DA +788, or something like that. If that's the case you have some work ahead of you. Either way cooler weather is coming and things will start to happen.

How were you checking your transmission temps?
I wasn't Mr. data logger I just felt it bogging down and the speedshift wasn't kicking in like it normally does. So I'm assuming that they were heating up while fighting my dumb *** with no driving skills whatsoever on a drag strip. I should stick to twisties haha Remember I was wondering when it would adapt and kick in like normal but it wasn't getting there it just feel numb and you remember she was burning hot. The tubes never were that hot before not even at Fontana. It would eventually cool but even during the break it was burning hot to the touch. I was doing something wrong.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:48 PM

New mod?
Yea my friend and his friend build Drag racers on the side. They are using my car as a tester for things they do for their cars. They said if they had to machine parts to make it faster they will. So we will see, it doens't hurt to try and nothing is too extreme to where I'd be worried about blowing the engine. And it will all be bolt ons, nothing internal or cheating like shooting nos which in my mind is a cheap cheat.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Yea my friend and his friend build Drag racers on the side. They are using my car as a tester for things they do for their cars. They said if they had to machine parts to make it faster they will. So we will see, it doens't hurt to try and nothing is too extreme to where I'd be worried about blowing the engine. And it will all be bolt ons, nothing internal or cheating like shooting nos which in my mind is a cheap cheat.
NOS is like using PED's, it may be impressive but not as impressive as doing it all natural

speaking of natural, time to go workout!
Old 08-11-2009, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
NOS is like using PED's, it may be impressive but not as impressive as doing it all natural

speaking of natural, time to go workout!
Here we go again so a guy with a mustang that adds a blower is cheating if he added it to his N/A motor. Is race fuel cheating? is putting ice in a cooler o.k? oh, wait if you use drags? you are also cheating? wow.. Whatch drag racing most do used nitrous. But if it makes you feel better would it be ok if I rebuilt my motor with lower comp. and added a twin screw kenny Bell with full internals? Bring what you bring, first man across the line wins... that's called drag racing.. FI motors have a super charger they start out as N/A's. So lets remove the boost of a supercharged motor and it falls on it's face. Same goes for a motor made for nitrous , it will fall on it's face with no juice. So when you say N/A you mean no boost or spray right? My set up with out the spay is still fast it is not built for nitrous only. if you were to turn off the supercharger the car would fall dead SLOW AZZ ITSHAY..

Last edited by rarfinancial; 08-11-2009 at 02:29 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Run what you brung. To each their own on what they wish to do to their car. Me personally I could never keep anything stock for more then a day. Rick, you have an amazing car that looks sexy as hell and runs like demons on wheels. Hammer, you have a very healthy fast a$$ E55 that's almost in the 11's.

I don't think it's right to say nitrous is cheating because there are no rules that specify what is what in our world of drag racing. Each person is free to do whatever they wish to their car to get it across the line first. Me personally, I wish to get into the 10's without NOS because no one has accomplished this yet with an E55. I would like to be the 1st.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
At least I this time I'm not being accused of using NOS . I told Josh and Mo to go through my car and try to find anything out of the ordinary...nothing found .
I was told by my tuner that guys often hide a small Nitrous bottle underneath the SC which kicks on during the last 1/8 of a mile. That would be an awesome trick.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGSC
I was told by my tuner that guys often hide a small Nitrous bottle underneath the SC which kicks on during the last 1/8 of a mile. That would be an awesome trick.
How long do you think that bottle would last for....1/8 mile???? The guys to watch for would be the single passers that disappear with their car after each run. I ran back to back passes never going under 127 mph and mostly staying between the 128-129 range. I had 2 11.0xx, 5-6 11.1xx, and a couple of 11.2xx. My 2 worse passes were my first ones...11.5xx and 11.347 after that everything was under 11.3's.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Run what you brung. To each their own on what they wish to do to their car. Me personally I could never keep anything stock for more then a day. Rick, you have an amazing car that looks sexy as hell and runs like demons on wheels. Hammer, you have a very healthy fast a$$ E55 that's almost in the 11's.

I don't think it's right to say nitrous is cheating because there are no rules that specify what is what in our world of drag racing. Each person is free to do whatever they wish to their car to get it across the line first. Me personally, I wish to get into the 10's without NOS because no one has accomplished this yet with an E55. I would like to be the 1st.
Well put sir I'm trying to be the first CLS63 in the tens also. First with Nitrous then of coarse out comes the motor and I will do it with out the juice..
Old 08-11-2009, 03:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Well put sir I'm trying to be the first CLS63 in the tens also. First with Nitrous then of coarse out comes the motor and I will do it with out the juice..
You're a madman Rick....
Old 08-11-2009, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Here we go again so a guy with a mustang that adds a blower is cheating if he added it to his N/A motor. Is race fuel cheating? is putting ice in a cooler o.k? oh, wait if you use drags? you are also cheating? wow.. Whatch drag racing most do used nitrous. But if it makes you feel better would it be ok if I rebuilt my motor with lower comp. and added a twin screw kenny Bell with full internals? Bring what you bring, first man across the line wins... that's called drag racing.. FI motors have a super charger they start out as N/A's. So lets remove the boost of a supercharged motor and it falls on it's face. Same goes for a motor made for nitrous , it will fall on it's face with no juice. So when you say N/A you mean no boost or spray right? My set up with out the spay is still fast it is not built for nitrous only. if you were to turn off the supercharger the car would fall dead SLOW AZZ ITSHAY..
Ok how about we go no where haha since my point wasn’t put across the right way. I totally agree Rick but when I say NOS is cheating I’m not saying it’s wrong or that any other mod is any better. Today I was talking with my friend who has a couple drag cars and we were contemplating how to make my car faster in ways no one else has off NOS. Off NOS simply because for some reason certain people like to accuse fast cars with running it when I totally agree nothing is wrong with it or any different then installing a bigger pulley, reducing weight, or even making the guy do his burn out first and delaying to cool his tires down before you stage. This brought up the issue he has with his car where he adjusted the transmission and never touched the motor and in turn became a faster car but was still a stock motor to everyone’s standards. He even took the engine apart and coated everything and gained power. So this was fresh in my mind when I was thinking of some mods that he brought to my attention that work in similar ways as NOS but are not. That way I can prevent from being accused of it since some like to look at it like it’s a bad thing. So my point was to mock those people and I wanted to do it in this thread because I’m annoyed with Alan doing so well and some people want to call BS about it. Even your car will be looked down upon for running NOS when everyone should admire the ingenuity behind it and respect your hard work and dedication. Especially since everyone has the same equal chance to run theirs with it just like running it with race fuel, lighter rims and DR’s but those aren’t looked down upon. So be mad at me I can totally see why and don’t blame you but that’s the truth I was just being a little quick in my posting about a mod that will work like NOS but isn’t and I’d be able to shut them up. So can we hug now and make up? Or you can just remind everyone how your daughter whipped up on me in your car haha I don't mind!

Last edited by Mikesamg; 08-11-2009 at 03:47 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Here's a funny story about NOs.

I have a F350 that I spent a **** load on, injectors, larger turbo, fuel system, spearco inetercooler, rear end, CAI, studs and a ton more. I end up getting beat by a guy running a high shot of NOS, CAI, and studs. I spent well over 12k....he spent $800 hahaha!!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 04:02 AM

Here's a funny story about NOs.

I have a F350 that I spent a **** load on, injectors, larger turbo, fuel system, spearco inetercooler, rear end, CAI, studs and a ton more. I end up getting beat by a guy running a high shot of NOS, CAI, and studs. I spent well over 12k....he spent $800 hahaha!!!!
Yea but did he look as good as you in your truck? Who's the winner now
Old 08-11-2009, 04:03 AM

'08 CLK AMG 63 BS
Hey guys, it was great racing with you the other day and meeting you, thanks for all the tips and advice. Definitely needs to be done again! Congrats to Alan on the times and to everyone else who improved and came out!
Old 08-11-2009, 04:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG_Love
Hey guys, it was great racing with you the other day and meeting you, thanks for all the tips and advice. Definitely needs to be done again! Congrats to Alan on the times and to everyone else who improved and came out!
I have a video of you and Johnny up Ali, did you see it? Here it is so you don't have to look for it: http://vimeo.com/6014776

Last edited by bassn_07; 08-11-2009 at 04:18 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:37 AM

'08 CLK AMG 63 BS
I have a video of you and Johnny up Ali, did you see it? Here it is so you don't have to look for it: http://vimeo.com/6014776
Hey thanks for the video, just took at a look at it, it was a great race, thanks for posting it up!
Old 08-11-2009, 09:41 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Ok how about we go no where haha since my point wasn’t put across the right way. I totally agree Rick but when I say NOS is cheating I’m not saying it’s wrong or that any other mod is any better. Today I was talking with my friend who has a couple drag cars and we were contemplating how to make my car faster in ways no one else has off NOS. Off NOS simply because for some reason certain people like to accuse fast cars with running it when I totally agree nothing is wrong with it or any different then installing a bigger pulley, reducing weight, or even making the guy do his burn out first and delaying to cool his tires down before you stage. This brought up the issue he has with his car where he adjusted the transmission and never touched the motor and in turn became a faster car but was still a stock motor to everyone’s standards. He even took the engine apart and coated everything and gained power. So this was fresh in my mind when I was thinking of some mods that he brought to my attention that work in similar ways as NOS but are not. That way I can prevent from being accused of it since some like to look at it like it’s a bad thing. So my point was to mock those people and I wanted to do it in this thread because I’m annoyed with Alan doing so well and some people want to call BS about it. Even your car will be looked down upon for running NOS when everyone should admire the ingenuity behind it and respect your hard work and dedication. Especially since everyone has the same equal chance to run theirs with it just like running it with race fuel, lighter rims and DR’s but those aren’t looked down upon. So be mad at me I can totally see why and don’t blame you but that’s the truth I was just being a little quick in my posting about a mod that will work like NOS but isn’t and I’d be able to shut them up. So can we hug now and make up? Or you can just remind everyone how your daughter whipped up on me in your car haha I don't mind!
Ooo secret mods! Let me guess... meth injection. Btw, NOS is a company, nitrous is what is sprayed into the engine.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by AMG_Love
Hey thanks for the video, just took at a look at it, it was a great race, thanks for posting it up!
Who was in the near lane? and is he stock? if so that would be a good race between the two of us.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Ooo secret mods! Let me guess... meth injection. Btw, NOS is a company, nitrous is what is sprayed into the engine.
Nope I'll never deal with Meth it is never consistent and yes I know of NOS the energy drink thanks, but someone running nitrous in their car has a Nitrous Oxide System in it to run it. So I'll stick to referring to it as such when using it in that aspect. Thanks for the education though so could you please lego my ego now?!
Old 08-11-2009, 06:30 PM

Who was in the near lane? and is he stock? if so that would be a good race between the two of us.
That would be Johnny in his E55
Old 08-11-2009, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
...but someone running nitrous in their car has a Nitrous Oxide System in it to run it...
well not necessarily which i think was bb's point. could be zex or nitrous express or a host of other companies that have better kits than "Nitrous Oxide Systems" (NOS).
Old 08-11-2009, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by chiromikey
well not necessarily which i think was bb's point. could be zex or nitrous express or a host of other companies that have better kits than "Nitrous Oxide Systems" (NOS).
True but I can't list them all so I'm using NOS as a generic term is my point.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sacramento track results!!!