Originally Posted by Mikesamg
That would be Johnny in his E55
Is he stock or does he have mods?
Old 08-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Nope I'll never deal with Meth it is never consistent and yes I know of NOS the energy drink thanks, but someone running nitrous in their car has a Nitrous Oxide System in it to run it. So I'll stick to referring to it as such when using it in that aspect. Thanks for the education though so could you please lego my ego now?!
I'm not talking about the energy drink. You are wrong, no need to get smart. NOS is a brand, there are other brands that sell nitrous kits. Its just simply referred to as nitrous . Ricers call it NOS buddy. Have fun with your top secret mods

Last edited by blackbenzz; 08-11-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Prius because I'm green
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
I believe he has just a LET tune but is hopefully modding soon so I have some competition out here. Either way he will be a good run and force you to be on your a game!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I'm not talking about the energy drink. You are wrong, no need to get smart. NOS is a brand, there are other brands that sell nitrous kits. Have fun with your top secret mods
That was suppose to be funny haha not smart, well sorta but more like clever. I'm using my phone so I can't put up the smiley faces so I'm sure the translation is being lost. Haha what's ironic is some of the mods are top secret since I work at a R&D lab for weapons and the guys that are helping me build various things for cars. I just want to see if it works before I tell anyone, it works in there cars. Just think of me as Cole Trickle I have no clue what I'm talking about when it comes to cars I just drive haha. Sadly they don't know the E55 engine and I can't help in any way so it's a guessing game if it will work but they think so. It would just be cool to do something first that will help everyone out.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Hey Jack, Johnny is only running a LET tune on his car. I believe he gained about 15-20 rwhp with LET's tune. Johnny showed huge improvements through out the day and ended up running a 12.4xx...great job Johnny.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by bassn_07
How long do you think that bottle would last for....1/8 mile???? The guys to watch for would be the single passers that disappear with their car after each run. I ran back to back passes never going under 127 mph and mostly staying between the 128-129 range. I had 2 11.0xx, 5-6 11.1xx, and a couple of 11.2xx. My 2 worse passes were my first ones...11.5xx and 11.347 after that everything was under 11.3's.
That would have to be a pretty concentrated bottle to last as many back to back passes you made.

btw... post your slip and video on dragtimes for posterity. Don't tell me you want to remain anonymous liike Ahmad to outsiders of this forum.

Last edited by AMGSC; 08-11-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Any thoughts regarding what caused the improvements from Formosa to Sacramento. I have zero knowledge of West Coast tracks but I am floored by the 8-10 mph differential that was repeated by more than one car. 130mph trap speed is simply but I would love to better understand the impact of track conditions between the two events.

Best of luck with the 10 second quest hope you go from knocking on the door to busting right through
Old 08-11-2009, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by hhughes1
Any thoughts regarding what caused the improvements from Formosa to Sacramento. I have zero knowledge of West Coast tracks but I am floored by the 8-10 mph differential that was repeated by more than one car. 130mph trap speed is simply but I would love to better understand the impact of track conditions between the two events.

Best of luck with the 10 second quest hope you go from knocking on the door to busting right through
I actually ran at Sacramento, Fontana, and then back to Sacramento. At Sacramento I ran a 11.236 @ 128 at about 1600-1800 positive DA. After Sacramento I decided to take my car to one of California's toughest tracks in 105 degree weather, I believe the DA was close to +5000. My best time at Fontana was a 11.6xx @ 122-123, this was good enough for a E55 record at this track. I'm sure you know the outcome from here. Hope this helps with any questions you might have. In short, DA was the main contributing factor that held me back at Fontana. I also hear that Fontana's track goes slightly uphill....

I'm not sure if you ever ran in DA close to 5000 but it really sucks. I will probably never do it again . All 3 cars that trapped 8-10 mph faster was obviously the same cars that ran at Fontana. It just show how much DA plays a roll on both FI and NA cars.

I'll be adding my LT's on soon and I'm sure that will be enough for me to break into the 10's.

Last edited by bassn_07; 08-11-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by hhughes1

Fontana results made me wish to retire but I knew that track sucks the hp right out of the car. Alan was very very brave coming down and facing those conditions.

We really would need him to post his best slip from Fontana, correct it to the DA or appx DA of Sacramento and see how close it was.

I correct all my runs to zero sas if they all take place in the same air density.
My best run is usually what it says on the slip. The Sacramento run was my best, and it was better than all my previous run by a wide margin although on paper I bested my ET by 2/100ths and trap by 1/100th. My best run at Famoso was at 60 degrees and the run at SAC was 82 degrees.

You would see similar differences in you car running in 95 degrees and 60 degrees.

I am going to be buying a very nice weather station for all future runs so I can gain an advantage over the hp kings
Old 08-12-2009, 02:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by juicee63
Fontana results made me wish to retire but I knew that track sucks the hp right out of the car. Alan was very very brave coming down and facing those conditions.

We really would need him to post his best slip from Fontana, correct it to the DA or appx DA of Sacramento and see how close it was.

I correct all my runs to zero sas if they all take place in the same air density.
My best run is usually what it says on the slip. The Sacramento run was my best, and it was better than all my previous run by a wide margin although on paper I bested my ET by 2/100ths and trap by 1/100th. My best run at Famoso was at 60 degrees and the run at SAC was 82 degrees.

You would see similar differences in you car running in 95 degrees and 60 degrees.

I am going to be buying a very nice weather station for all future runs so I can gain an advantage over the hp kings
Hey Josh, what was the 60' time for your best run a Famosa?

What kind of weather station are you looking at and how much do they cost?
Old 08-12-2009, 03:57 AM

2006 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG
Alright JohnnyNG1981, here's a video of you and AMG_Love (Ali) racing. E55 vs E63....down to the wire. Both of you did very well for your first time out in the torque monsters.

Johnny, thanks again for the hot wings!!! Everyone including myself appreciated your generosity ! I also attached your data log #15 on one of your runs. Maybe some could analyze it and give their opinions. Here ya go!!!!

http://vimeo.com/6014776

[/QUOTE]

Hello Alan,

CONGRATS on your World Record, soon you will be in the 10's and I will have to check under your passenger seat for little bottles of NOS like Toretto in his RX7....LOL, just messing with you!

Thank you for letting me use your data logger, I have no idea how to read it . Any input would be nice from anyone?

Please tell you brother " Thank You " for recording the video of me & ali.

Can't wait for the next SAC run... I will try my best to make it!
Old 08-12-2009, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by AMG_Love
Hey thanks for the video, just took at a look at it, it was a great race, thanks for posting it up!

Hey Ali,

It was really fun racing each other since we were side by side the whole time. You would always get off the line better and I would have to play catch after that. Its been a pleasure and hope to see you at the next track event.

Drive safe
Old 08-12-2009, 04:27 AM

Who was in the near lane? and is he stock? if so that would be a good race between the two of us.

I believe we did run that night, time slip 21:09. If I remember correctly your car number was 233, I'm 107.

That was a pretty close race, 12.649(me) vs. 12.531(you).

You have a very strong stock E55, I still can't believe your running a 12.2 or.3 with no mods.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by JohnnyNg1981
I believe we did run that night, time slip 21:09. If I remember correctly your car number was 233, I'm 107.

That was a pretty close race, 12.649(me) vs. 12.531(you).

You have a very strong stock E55, I still can't believe your running a 12.2 or.3 with no mods.
If it's the race I am thinking of I was in the right lane and I tried to launch at 1200rpm and spun the tires and hit a 2.0x 60' and ending up with my worst run of the night, my best two runs that night were 1.81 60' onto a 12.17@117.6 and 1.83 60' onto a 12.12@118.6

my personal best as far as et goes is 12.09 back on feb 28th.

Last edited by Hammer Down; 08-12-2009 at 07:55 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:24 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Bassn,

Congrats! Damn nice run.. Thank you for all the informative info on your run and the cool videos..

One question, Could you please post your race weigth on those record runs? Would I be close, if I guessed 3850lbs with car and you in it?

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 08-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
One question, Could you please post your race weigth on those record runs? Would I be close, if I guessed 3850lbs with car and you in it?
In a W211 E55???
Old 08-12-2009, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
Bassn,

Congrats! Damn nice run.. Thank you for all the informative info on your run and the cool videos..

noooo. my E55 weighed in at 4100 without me in the car.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Bassn,

I haven't weighed my car but I would guess that it weighs close to 4250 with me in it. I weigh 205 pounds myself. I did remove all lose items, like spare tire, my all weather rubber floor mats, spare tire tools, and the trunk lid in the back. The only other weight reduction I have is my evosport rotors and 19" HRE rims. There's no way my car weighs anywhere close to 3850, especially with me in it....I wish it did though because 10's would be a thing of the past.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
First of all, congrats Alan!

I still don't know how you have so much free time to do this kind of thing

I have yet to drive my E55... haven't driven it for a while already... I think I only put like 20 miles in the last 30 days or so Have forgotten the power even though I'm sure I'd be like 1-1.5 secs behind you. LOL

Originally Posted by JohnnyNg1981
Hello Alan,

Thank you for letting me use your data logger, I have no idea how to read it . Any input would be nice from anyone?

[/QUOTE]

Johnny, I could only decipher it... would leave good/bad opinions on experts here.

The plot is between the time and the following info.

RPM is you know RPM
IAT is your intake temp. I think when reaching 200F, the S/C would shut off (heat soak). Looking at the graph, I think you only reached like 170F That's good if you have stock pump & no HE upgrade, IMO.
SparkAdv is your spark plug timing advance. I'm not an expert here... so not sure what's good and what's not good.
ECT is your engine coolant temp. Not sure after how many runs you ran this log... 200F across the board for coolant temp sounds very high, IMO.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by zoink
First of all, congrats Alan!

I still don't know how you have so much free time to do this kind of thing

I have yet to drive my E55... haven't driven it for a while already... I think I only put like 20 miles in the last 30 days or so Have forgotten the power even though I'm sure I'd be like 1-1.5 secs behind you. LOL

Hello Alan,

Johnny, I could only decipher it... would leave good/bad opinions on experts here.

RPM is you know RPM
IAT is your intake temp. I think when reaching 200F, the S/C would shut off (heat soak). Looking at the graph, I think you only reached like 170F That's good if you have stock pump & no HE upgrade, IMO.
SparkAdv is your spark plug timing advance. I'm not an expert here... so not sure what's good and what's not good.
ECT is your engine coolant temp. Not sure after how many runs you ran this log... 200F across the board for coolant temp sounds very high, IMO.[/QUOTE]

I believe once IAT's start to reach 140 degrees the engine starts to pull timing, by how much I don't know. I would definitely say a HE should be your next mod before anything else. Your car will only getter hotter from here on out if you start adding more engine mods without sufficient cooling. JMHO.

As for the engine coolant temp, it might be high but it's right on track with everyone else's. My car was reading 206 unless I had a long cool down period. This is usually why I don't run back to back and make only single passes with substantial cool down periods.

See ya at the next track meet Johnny. After September they'll start having them on Saturday from 12-4. This would definitely make it easier to attend. On the last meet I had to work most of Saturday to catch up on my work !!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 03:13 PM

RPM is you know RPM
ECT is your engine coolant temp. Not sure after how many runs you ran this log... 200F across the board for coolant temp sounds very high, IMO.
I believe once IAT's start to reach 140 degrees the engine starts to pull timing, by how much I don't know. I would definitely say a HE should be your next mod before anything else. Your car will only getter hotter from here on out if you start adding more engine mods without sufficient cooling. JMHO.

As for the engine coolant temp, it might be high but it's right on track with everyone else's. My car was reading 206 unless I had a long cool down period. This is usually why I don't run back to back and make only single passes with substantial cool down periods.

See ya at the next track meet Johnny. After September they'll start having them on Saturday from 12-4. This would definitely make it easier to attend. On the last meet I had to work most of Saturday to catch up on my work !!!![/quote]

Speaking of work don't you ever work seriously? This was raised before and clearly is that noticeable in the lack of it for forum members to question it. haha seriously though with regards to the weight issue...pano roofs are they actually like 200lbs and does anyone know roughly what 100 or 200 pounds costs you in terms of speed and time on the track?

What time does that bracket racing start tonight?
Old 08-12-2009, 03:42 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Hope this helps... my data shows that the ECU will start pulling timing at 95°F - 149°F. It stops after 149°F and will release the SC clutch at 200°F.

Even 3.5 degrees of timing at an intake temp of 95°F is bad. An ideal intake temp would be 94°F or lower.

Intake Air Temperature Correction Function

Task
Reducing the thermal stresses on the engine at high temperatures.

Design/function
The ignition timing point is retarded by the ME-SFI control unit in line with the intake air temperature (charge air temperature in the case of supercharged engines) and "load" (engine speed and air mass).

The ignition timing point is retarded only if the engine is operating at a high load and begins from an intake air temperature of approx. +35 °C and reaches its maximum at approx. +65 °C.

At full load:
35 °C --> (retarded 3.5°crank angle)
45 °C --> (retarded 6.3°crank angle)
65 °C --> (retarded 9.5°crank angle)

The following information is processed in the ME-SFI control unit:

Intake air temperature
Engine speed/crankshaft position/ignition circuit detection
Throttle valve position
Boost pressure
Old 08-12-2009, 04:37 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Originally Posted by prodigymb
noooo. my E55 weighed in at 4100 without me in the car.

What is the big suprise? Some people run in 3000 plus DA and others in minus 2000 DA. Fair qustion to ask the DA, just like race weight. Most of us that track race, know that the same kind of car can very 300-500 lbs depending on how the car is raced and what lighter mods that have. To be honest, I did not check the curb weight of the E class, Just threw a baseline number out.

Well, 100lbs is around .10 difference on an average (cars in the 3500-4000 range), so I also like to know the DA and weight of a car if the info is available..

Disclaimer: This is an extreme example of weight removal and does not apply to Bassn..
For example, aftermarket exhaust and wheels can take a lot of weight off. Removal of spare, tools, manual, floor mats, seats, air bags, bumper supports, Light weight disc brakes, low fuel, no water in squirters. We have all seen many of these items in the track parking lots. I have seen plenty of modern street cars that will remove air bags for ET. Pretty crazy ,, huh?
Old 08-12-2009, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
What is the big suprise? Some people run in 3000 plus DA and others in minus 2000 DA. Fair qustion to ask the DA, just like race weight. Most of us that track race, know that the same kind of car can very 300-500 lbs depending on how the car is raced and what lighter mods that have. To be honest, I did not check the curb weight of the E class, Just threw a baseline number out.

Well, 100lbs is around .10 difference on an average (cars in the 3500-4000 range), so I also like to know the DA and weight of a car if the info is available..

Disclaimer: This is an extreme example of weight removal and does not apply to Bassn..
For example, aftermarket exhaust and wheels can take a lot of weight off. Removal of spare, tools, manual, floor mats, seats, air bags, bumper supports, Light weight disc brakes, low fuel, no water in squirters. We have all seen many of these items in the track parking lots. I have seen plenty of modern street cars that will remove air bags for ET. Pretty crazy ,, huh?
Hey Exotic, I have never had a problem with telling members of my mods or conditions I ran in. People are still having a hard time believing what my car has accomplished with my my mods. On my previous post I mentioned everything that came out of my car. I just don't feel the need to disclose everything anymore since I found myself defending my accomplishments. If you have any questions please feel free to pm me.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG

See ya at the next track meet Johnny. After September they'll start having them on Saturday from 12-4. This would definitely make it easier to attend. On the last meet I had to work most of Saturday to catch up on my work !!!!
Speaking of work don't you ever work seriously? This was raised before and clearly is that noticeable in the lack of it for forum members to question it. haha seriously though with regards to the weight issue...pano roofs are they actually like 200lbs and does anyone know roughly what 100 or 200 pounds costs you in terms of speed and time on the track?

What time does that bracket racing start tonight? [/QUOTE]

Starts at 6.

"Speaking of work don't you ever work seriously?", Don't you? You claim to be at work but yet find time to post most of the day? Go get a real job....haha j/k. Weight this, weight that...blah blah blah...run what you brung and quit whining, you sound just like my supercharger. . Just kidding bro, give me a call if you end up going.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:48 PM

What time does that bracket racing start tonight?
Starts at 6.

"Speaking of work don't you ever work seriously?", Don't you? You claim to be at work but yet find time to post most of the day? Go get a real job....haha j/k. Weight this, weight that...blah blah blah...run what you brung and quit whining, you sound just like my supercharger. . Just kidding bro, give me a call if you end up going.[/quote]

This is my job I'm sitting her playing golf on WGT and watching The Hangover. Next up is Transformers 2! Hey you can play the DA game guessing what it can run I'm playing the weight game in what it would run without a pano roof and all that side wind pushing off your car over into my lane. So I should be like an 11.286 then if I had a regular car running by it self but that is just being conservative

Seriously I'd go but I'm not off until 630 and I'd have to go home. I wouldn't mind doing it. I have three days off though so I'll just pick a run somewhere in Tracy if I can!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sacramento track results!!!