Sponsored by:

**The Official 60-130 Thread MBWorld Edition**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
335i
Originally Posted by Thericker
You, then you say "ohh you'll beat my lil 3 liter" then I agree to run you in your 1/4 spot from a dig as long as you repay favor w/rollons (3) honks hit @ 3rd honk whats so difficult?

Your Trap speed w/nitrous shot will be very evident from 55-130ish or 40-120 inmop w/out a REAL 1/4 track it's the most accurate test of who's faster, we can do the rolls till we both feel we started fairly, I've done this 100's of time w/Mario/other racers etc..

Get er done man
I think maybe I can make some time for this to happen late Friday?
Old 03-17-2010, 04:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by hotrod182
I think maybe I can make some time for this to happen late Friday?
Cool! Name the time/addy send to my cellio
Old 03-17-2010, 06:00 AM

335i
Hey sean, the car is even running faster now. I have no doubt I could go down to Sac and trap 135mph now.

I just did my 60-130 mph run on a nice level stretch..

6.9 seconds!!

Check out the video I made also. I am babying the throttle up to 60 mph. How do you like the 100-130 mph acceleration??

Just curious, what is your opinion of how your car's speedo compares to the video? And this is on low boost 12-13psi, and a small .28 jet !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cfEpbx4nc
Old 03-17-2010, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Hey sean, the car is even running faster now. I have no doubt I could go down to Sac and trap 135mph now.

I just did my 60-130 mph run on a nice level stretch..

6.9 seconds!!

Check out the video I made also. I am babying the throttle up to 60 mph. How do you like the 100-130 mph acceleration??

Just curious, what is your opinion of how your car's speedo compares to the video? And this is on low boost 12-13psi, and a small .28 jet !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cfEpbx4nc
IDK it looks fast man! I wanna run it, the ONLY true litmus test for us would be roll-ons (I'll still run ya in your 1/4 spot from dig too)

Hello Mcfly? Anybody home? sack5000 this isn't the picture thread it's the 60-130 thread...
Old 03-21-2010, 07:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Pleasure meeting Warren/Drew

IDK it looks fast man! I wanna run it, the ONLY true litmus test for us would be roll-ons (I'll still run ya in your 1/4 spot from dig too)

Hello Mcfly? Anybody home? sack5000 this isn't the picture thread it's the 60-130 thread...
Warrens ***** is fast!!! 1st couple runs he pulled my by 3-4 lengths & then we'd just hang til shutdwn (50-125) thn ran Drew M3 Supa Chcg'd (He had more upgrades I think pulley swap a pound or so of extra boost up to 10 psi (I think?)n' better tune)

Was fierce he pulled me by 2 lengths 1st couple races then I fgured out to slowly roll into 2nd (all runs started in 2nd) whn I did that my SL600 was dead even w/Drew (tho we had to shut it dwn early he was having problems, I did the slow roll from 2nd again w/Warren we were both dead even too... My car needs to be slowly rolled/babied in 2nd

When floored in 2nd gear it looses ALL nasty rwtq goes out in a sec & upshifts right outt've powerband into 3rd then they would pull away as described, I'm very happy we met up finally gr8 guys, thank you both for runing in Mexico..

I'm off to the track this SL has a good bit left in her if traction is achieved & not slamming loud pedal too much needs a very gentle roll, or forget it your in 3rd spinning/lagging

Tho most runs if video'd will prolly show me way back I admittedly shut dwn early a few times from bad uneven launch (they couldn't hear my horn very well)

I also had a lil over a half a tank of 91 **** mixed w/1 can of Torco, didn't feel like it was optimum race mixture...(my bad misjudged distance to Mex)

I think that's my full load of excusses No more excuses they both beat me in different runs as well as we ALL hung dead even in few others.. Def rerunning these guys w/PURE 100+ oct & minamal of 1/8 tank I have a good Idea what Warrens leaving on the editing floor lol...

Drews M3 is SICK very clean/A+++ well done & Warrens is a dead SLEEPUR looks bone stk

@ 1 point Drew took Warren w/him to vbox while we ran pretty even and admittedly from both sides had bad luanches whl spinn etc I think he said it was 8.4-8.5 V-box Warren had his drag setup vs Drew & I on pure Street setups...

Gr8 fun def do it again when everyone is running a 100% (I'll have my TCU done by then too) Alan's joing next time

Last edited by Thericker; 03-21-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:16 PM

335i
Warrens ***** is fast!!! 1st couple runs he pulled my by 3-4 lengths & then we'd just hang til shutdwn (50-125) thn ran Drew M3 Supa Chcg'd (He had more upgrades I think pulley swap a pound or so of extra boost up to 10 psi (I think?)n' better tune)

Was fierce he pulled me by 2 lengths 1st couple races then I fgured out to slowly roll into 2nd (all runs started in 2nd) whn I did that my SL600 was dead even w/Drew (tho we had to shut it dwn early he was having problems, I did the slow roll from 2nd again w/Warren we were both dead even too... My car needs to be slowly rolled/babied in 2nd

When floored in 2nd gear it looses ALL nasty rwtq goes out in a sec & upshifts right outt've powerband into 3rd then they would pull away as described, I'm very happy we met up finally gr8 guys, thank you both for runing in Mexico..

I'm off to the track this SL has a good bit left in her if traction is achieved & not slamming loud pedal too much needs a very gentle roll, or forget it your in 3rd spinning/lagging

Tho most runs if video'd will prolly show me way back I admittedly shut dwn early a few times from bad uneven launch (they couldn't hear my horn very well)

I also had a lil over a half a tank of 91 **** mixed w/1 can of Torco, didn't feel like it was optimum race mixture...(my bad misjudged distance to Mex)

I think that's my full load of excusses No more excuses they both beat me in different runs as well as we ALL hung dead even in few others.. Def rerunning these guys w/PURE 100+ oct & minamal of 1/8 tank I have a good Idea what Warrens leaving on the editing floor lol...

Drews M3 is SICK very clean/A+++ well done & Warrens is a dead SLEEPUR looks bone stk

@ 1 point Drew took Warren w/him to vbox while we ran pretty even and admittedly from both sides had bad luanches whl spinn etc I think he said it was 8.4-8.5 V-box Warren had his drag setup vs Drew & I on pure Street setups...

Gr8 fun def do it again when everyone is running a 100% (I'll have my TCU done by then too) Alan's joing next time
What luck, you had the opportunity to run the quickest/fastest E92 M3 and 335i in the nation on the same night! Both 130mph+ trap cars, so you did very well!

It was great fun and nice to finally meet you. Yes, this car is definitely a 135mph vbox trap car (137.5 mph Sacramento), so you did well. As you could tell, giving my car throttle at 60mph was an excercise in trying to keep it sideways. Well I think this is about the limit on my car without some sort of racing transmission, LOL.

Let me know when they get the "other member's cars" list going for 60-130mph, so I can get my 6.9 second run on there!

Last edited by hotrod182; 03-21-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
What luck, you had the opportunity to run the quickest/fastest E92 M3 and 335i in the nation on the same night! Both 130mph+ trap cars, so you did very well!

It was great fun and nice to finally meet you. Yes, this car is definitely a 135mph vbox trap car (137.5 mph Sacramento), so you did well. As you could tell, giving my car throttle at 60mph was an excercise in trying to keep it sideways. Well I think this is about the limit on my car without some sort of racing transmission, LOL.

Let me know when they get the "other member's cars" list going for 60-130mph, so I can get my 6.9 second run on there!
Likewise, It was worth the wait thanks... When we meet again I'll have TCU tuned & would be fun to add some ice to my IC res tank adds 30+hpby dropping those high IAT's

Last edited by Thericker; 03-21-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5

Did you hit the bottle when you ran Ricker?

Also, can you please go into detail on what you mean above comparing vbox to Sacramento?

Tom
Old 03-21-2010, 08:37 PM

335i
Originally Posted by TMC M5
Did you hit the bottle when you ran Ricker?

Also, can you please go into detail on what you mean above comparing vbox to Sacramento?

Tom
Yes, its a small .28 shot, only hit it in 3rd gear. Off the bottle the car runs 11.7's at 124-126mph.

Diifferent tracks have different relative track speeds. This track happens to read 2.5mph faster than my Vbox. So if I am getting 133mph on the Vbox, my time slip will read approx 135.5mph.

We need more people to take their Vboxes to the track to find out what the relative numbers are. I believe the Vboxes will be pretty consistent, more so than some of the the track numbers.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Yes, its a small .28 shot, only hit it in 3rd gear. Off the bottle the car runs 11.7's at 124-126mph.

Diifferent tracks have different relative track speeds. This track happens to read 2.5mph faster than my Vbox. So if I am getting 133mph on the Vbox, my time slip will read approx 135.5mph.

We need more people to take their Vboxes to the track to find out what the relative numbers are. I believe the Vboxes will be pretty consistent, more so than some of the the track numbers.
Okay...this makes absolutely no sense. Think about it...the vbox is giving an accurate GPS based speed at 1,320'. The track is giving an average of the last 66'. Unless your car is shifting right before the final 1/4 mile timing light (or you prematurely hit your brakes), this does not make logical sense. How can a car that is accelerating have a HIGHER average speed than at the end of the timing period?? This is definitive proof that Sacramento Raceway is not accurately timing the trap speed. My theory is that they may have the timing equipment too close but the software is making the calculation using the standard 66'.

I have data logged MIR with my vbox on at least a half dozeon runs done by myself and a buddy. All runs show that the 1/4 trap reported on the timeslip is LOWER by 1.4-2.4mph than the actual vbox trap speed.

Seriously, next time can someone go from the 1/8 mile through the traps with cruise control on at 60 mph with a vbox running. I am sure that the timeslip will say something like 62mph. Even if the odometer speed is off...the vbox will tell the true story.

Tom
Old 03-21-2010, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Okay...this makes absolutely no sense. Think about it...the vbox is giving an accurate GPS based speed at 1,320'. The track is giving an average of the last 66'. Unless your car is shifting right before the final 1/4 mile timing light (or you prematurely hit your brakes), this does not make logical sense. How can a car that is accelerating have a HIGHER average speed than at the end of the timing period?? This is definitive proof that Sacramento Raceway is not accurately timing the trap speed. My theory is that they may have the timing equipment too close but the software is making the calculation using the standard 66'.

I have data logged MIR with my vbox on at least a half dozeon runs done by myself and a buddy. All runs show that the 1/4 trap reported on the timeslip is LOWER by 1.4-2.4mph than the actual vbox trap speed.

Seriously, next time can someone go from the 1/8 mile through the traps with cruise control on at 60 mph with a vbox running. I am sure that the timeslip will say something like 62mph. Even if the odometer speed is off...the vbox will tell the true story.

Tom
I thought this discussion about Sacramento's trap speeds were already put to close? There's no doubt in my mind that Sacramento is off by at least 3 mph.... The next time I go I'll perform your request but that will only prove what I've already stated. There are several other local forums that discuss this topic and cars trapping near 170 mph will typically see a 3 mph difference from the usual.

By chance do you have any of your logs from a MIR run? Some say MIR goes downhill? I'm sure this is just a rumor but it would be interesting if people could start posting their runs from various tracks around the country. I'm no performance box expert but I would assume that it would be very consistent from different parts of the area. I highly doubt Sacramento is the only place having accuracy issues with their equipment. Sac has just become a target since records are being broken. Regardless, my only interest has always been ET's and traps were just a bonus. As most know we already confirmed that the ET's are accurate with Mikesamg car making a record run at Famoso in less favorable conditions. It just shows that private track rentals are where most records are broken, both due to track prep and rules overlooked.

Warren, could you please post your run from Sacramento so we could all see what's really going on?

Hey Tom, I have a performance box in hand but I'm having a few issues with this thing. Since you're very familiar with this unit I need to ask for your assistance and help me get this thing up and running. In return I promise to do your test the next time out.....
Old 03-21-2010, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by bassn_07
I thought this discussion about Sacramento's trap speeds were already put to close? There's no doubt in my mind that Sacramento is off by at least 3 mph.... The next time I go I'll perform your request but that will only prove what I've already stated. There are several other local forums that discuss this topic and cars trapping near 170 mph will typically see a 3 mph difference from the usual.

By chance do you have any of your logs from a MIR run? Some say MIR goes downhill? I'm sure this is just a rumor but it would be interesting if people could start posting their runs from various tracks around the country. I'm no performance box expert but I would assume that it would be very consistent from different parts of the area. I highly doubt Sacramento is the only place having accuracy issues with their equipment. Sac has just become a target since records are being broken. Regardless, my only interest has always been ET's and traps were just a bonus. As most know we already confirmed that the ET's are accurate with Mikesamg car making a record run at Famoso in less favorable conditions. It just shows that private track rentals are where most records are broken, both due to track prep and rules overlooked.

Warren, could you please post your run from Sacramento so we could all see what's really going on?

Hey Tom, I have a performance box in hand but I'm having a few issues with this thing. Since you're very familiar with this unit I need to ask for your assistance and help me get this thing up and running. In return I promise to do your test the next time out.....
We looked at the slope of MIR when we did some 60-130mph times. According to the vbox, it drops 1.1ft...which is pretty flat (a .083% slope). I can send you a file.

I just tried calling you but it went right into your full mailbox.

Tom

Last edited by TMC M5; 03-21-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:28 PM

335i
We looked at the slope of MIR when we did some 60-130mph times. According to the vbox, it drops 1.1ft...which is pretty flat (a .083% slope). I can send you a file.

I just tried calling you but it went right into your full mailbox.

Tom
Sacramento is very flat...From ~29.6 to finish 30ft elevation so about 1/2 a foot! It actually goes up hill about .3 ft first and then drops .7 ft. So less than half a foot decline. So about .03% decline?
Old 03-21-2010, 10:37 PM

335i

Sure, I ran the Vbox before the timeslip was handed to me on the first two runs. Note: this was when I was trying to run without nitrous on a very hot engine, and both runs had double shifting done early, so the runs are terrible, but still good enough for the Vbox comparo. It amounts to about a 2.5mph difference..
Attached Thumbnails **The Official 60-130 Thread MBWorld Edition**-cimg5843.jpg   **The Official 60-130 Thread MBWorld Edition**-cimg5845.jpg   **The Official 60-130 Thread MBWorld Edition**-cimg5846.jpg   **The Official 60-130 Thread MBWorld Edition**-cimg5847.jpg  
Old 03-31-2010, 12:48 AM

Supercharged E92 M3
Can I put my buddies Gintani C63 time on here?

Gintani Stage 2 tune
Exhaust (stock headers)
K&N drop in
(9.76 sec)
0.18% decline

Old 03-31-2010, 11:51 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
By chance do you have any of your logs from a MIR run? Some say MIR goes downhill? I'm sure this is just a rumor but it would be interesting if people could start posting their runs from various tracks around the country.
There you go. If Tom brings the Vbox this friday I'd be more than happy to log my runs. It makes sense for average speed over the pst 60' to be lower than actual speed crossing the 1/4 marker. So if Sac is 3mph off what the Vbox reads AT the 1/4 marker it is fair to say it is more than 3mph off the average of the last 60'. Tom do you have elevation change data as well so we can all be clear on that?
Old 06-21-2010, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
So is 80mph-160mph in 13.0 seconds fast?

Trying to paste vid from my phone to here but not having much luck. I'm e-mailing it to my computer from my phone and all it is allowing me to do is view a poor quality vid through Windows Media Player...any computer savy people out there that can lend me a hand in getting vid to post?

I'm gonna go out and do a 60-130 later this afternoon.

Last edited by jrcart; 06-21-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by jrcart

Trying to paste vid from my phone to here but not having much luck. I'm e-mailing it to my computer from my phone and all it is allowing me to do is view a poor quality vid through Windows Media Player...any computer savy people out there that can lend me a hand in getting vid to post?

Some phones allow you to upload to youtube directly. Then you can link it here. If you took the vid from your phone it is probably poor quality, you can upload the file to youtube since you already have the file on your computer. You should do 60-130, that is pretty much the standard. Haven't seen any 80-160 times so can't really compare. You should have a really good 60-130 judging by your trap speeds Make sure there isn't more than a 3% grade where you do it if you want it to be considered on the official list
Old 06-22-2010, 01:40 AM

335i

Look forward to seeing the 60-130mph times on that monster!
Old 06-24-2010, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ok, so I have a question should I get the car up to 60 then punch it or can I do a 30 to 130 then just track the 60 to 130 off the V Box? It makes over a 1 second difference so I need to know which one is "legal" for this list.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Ok, so I have a question should I get the car up to 60 then punch it or can I do a 30 to 130 then just track the 60 to 130 off the V Box? It makes over a 1 second difference so I need to know which one is "legal" for this list.
You could start at whatever speed you like, just have the Vbox track the time from 60-130. Good luck!
Old 06-25-2010, 06:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cornfed gtr and m3
Your best numbers will obviously come when you hit 60mph at full stride. My best time of 5.92 in the M3 was actually run on the track. So, yeah, there is no unwritten rule as to what speed you need to start at.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:14 PM

335i
Just run however you can to get the best time in your car. Undoubtedly it will not be by starting to floor the throttle right at 60mph. I usually start flooring it around 55mph or so. Even though they allow a slope, try and find as flat a road as possible to avoid criticism. My 6.95 was on a very flat road with a .16% grade. Or about 1.6ft over a 1019 ft run.

Did you get your run on the Vbox yet? You can extract whatever mph range you want from the data of just one run, anywhere from 0-130mph.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
You ever do any 60-130 pulls?
Old 07-20-2010, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
You ever do any 60-130 pulls?
I've been out of the country on vacation for a couple weeks, I will try to post up V Box data shortly. I actually have not done a proper run, I was gettting my car up to 60 then punching it, I did not think I was allowed to go from like 20-130 then just track the 60-130 portion of the data, doing it that way it makes a HUGE difference in time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: **The Official 60-130 Thread MBWorld Edition**