Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 10:52 AM

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts
2006 E55 Wagon (RIP), 2019 E63S Wagon (Sold) 2023 AMG GT634S
Thumbs down Dr kills Ballerina by crashing E55 into Hyundai

He sounds like a real peach....

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/loc...ry/113607.html

And quite an ambassador for other E55 / AMG owners.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Could he have been a member here? And Uber I agree what an ambassador.
2nd Degree gets a minimum of 8 years in Florida. Anybody know what North Carolina will give him? I bet he has a pretty face, being a facial plastic surgeon, what a bonus in prison.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
His wife crazy
Actually, he does not have a pretty face. Whatever the state gives him is not enough.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55K, Duc 848
Originally Posted by komp55
"Police also seized the electronic data recorder from Cook's car, according to separate search warrant application filed in court Tuesday. The device will reveal other evidence such as seat-belt and headlight use."

Anyone know what else this black box records, and where it is located in the car? Wondering if it can be uhhh, compromised.
This black box is the ECU... as if you were to run an OBDII scan and then check for freeze frame info... you can find out a lot. that's most likely what they will be doing. Freeze frame saves all errors and car data when a problem occurs....
Old 09-23-2009, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Originally Posted by Uber Wagon
[/url]

oh give me a break! Some rich guy who didn't have enough of common sense or brain got NOTHING to do what car he drives!
Old 09-23-2009, 12:15 PM

04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
Originally Posted by Karlson
oh give me a break! Some rich guy who didn't have enough of common sense or brain got NOTHING to do what car he drives!
+ 1
Old 09-23-2009, 12:41 PM

looking for e55
+1
Old 09-23-2009, 02:40 PM

His wife crazy
Totally agree. If he was driving the Hyundai, he would still be a tool... probably a dead tool.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:55 PM

'11 CTS V Coupe 6MT
Douche

Sounds like he's a real stand up Ted Kennedy type of guy.

Type of car is irrelevant.

GG
Old 09-23-2009, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Do you know how actuaries set liability rates, it is interesting science.
As more model specific cars have more accidents the rates go up, so in that regard it makes a difference.
Back in the day I could afford the "doctor killer" 930 Porsche, but the insurance cost as much as the car, and it still pisses me off today. Why? because "Some rich guy who didn't have enough of common sense or brain" made the 930 the most dangerous car on the road.

Like it or not this guy was rolling in an AMG and his actions are a bad reflection on all of us, I hate to see this, reminds me of the Arizona accident
I would like to think all of my buddies here are safe drivers in their 500 hp cars.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
Do you know how actuaries set liability rates, it is interesting science.
As more model specific cars have more accidents the rates go up, so in that regard it makes a difference.
Back in the day I could afford the "doctor killer" 930 Porsche, but the insurance cost as much as the car, and it still pisses me off today. Why? because "Some rich guy who didn't have enough of common sense or brain" made the 930 the most dangerous car on the road.

Like it or not this guy was rolling in an AMG and his actions are a bad reflection on all of us, I hate to see this, reminds me of the Arizona accident
I would like to think all of my buddies here are safe drivers in their 500 hp cars.
I don't have much time to argue with you on this one. I am not a insurance agent. It is not a surprise that AMG cars got higher loan than normal E. I own a Volvo 850R and because of R I have to pay higher rate then just regular turbo model. It is only 15hp difference thou. The more HP you got, the more you pay!
I am seriously confused by a comment you made and I made it in bold, by your theory an M3 insurance rate would be the same amount of the car, cause those cars crash quite often because Bimmer drivers drive like they stole it every day.

Last edited by Karlson; 09-23-2009 at 04:31 PM. Reason: forgot to spell check
Old 09-23-2009, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 ML63 2009 SL63 2010 Alpha 7 GTR
Pretty stupid to drive a 500hp car when your slammed. Its hard enough sober!
Old 09-23-2009, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
reminds me of the Arizona accident
Good point. In both cases the driver that was killed had made a turn onto the road in front of the oncoming traffic. In the drunk doctor's case, the decedent was reported by law enforcement to have been going only 20 mph in a 45 mph zone when struck by the drunken driver (who was estimated by law enforcement to be going 85 mph).
Old 09-23-2009, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
He sounds like a real peach....

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/loc...ry/113607.html

I think this accident while tragic, illuminates another glaring problem besides drunkard losers piloting powerful German sedans. This countries obsession w/low carbon emitting high gas mileage Prius/Hyundai/etc vehicles, have forgotten the #1 priority in modern vehicles.

Driver/Passenger safety! These ultra-fuel efficient bantamweight tree hugger sh_tboxes are DEATHTRAPS... I'll bet my left nut if the roles were reversed & the Hyundai slammed into the E55, the E55 occupants would've lived, while the Hyundai would still transform into a coffin on impact.

My .02 cents...

Last edited by Thericker; 09-23-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 ML63 2009 SL63 2010 Alpha 7 GTR
wasen't the e-class the safest car on the road back in the day?
Old 09-23-2009, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don't have much time to argue with you on this one. I am not a insurance agent. It is not a surprise that AMG cars got higher loan than normal E. I own a Volvo 850R and because of R I have to pay higher rate then just regular turbo model. It is only 15hp difference thou. The more HP you got, the more you pay!
I am seriously confused by a comment you made and I made it in bold, by your theory an M3 insurance rate would be the same amount of the car, cause those cars crash quite often because Bimmer drivers drive like they stole it every day.
Not making an argument, just pointing out it makes a difference to all AMG owners and drivers. It is a bad reflection on us, in the same way you lump the M3s together.

That said, If the doctor had a Geo metro would he have been able to get to 85 mph and have enough kinetic energy to kill the ballerina with out getting a scratch? There is some involvement on behalf of the car.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by Thericker
I think this accident while tragic, illuminates another glaring problem besides drunkard losers piloting powerful German sedans. This countries obsession w/low carbon emitting high gas mileage Prius/Hyundai/etc vehicles, have forgotten the #1 priority in modern vehicles.

Driver/Passenger safety! These ultra-fuel efficient bantamweight tree hugger sh_tboxes are DEATHTRAPS... I'll bet my left nut if the roles were reversed & the Hyundai slammed into the E55, the E55 occupants would've lived, while the Hyundai would still transform into a coffin on impact.

My .02 cents...
Modern cars, Prius included, are built very safe. I agree older small cars (old Kias and Hyundais, etc..) were not.

Sure, weight is the primary issue here. You need less weight for better fuel efficiency, so they're lighter. And a heavy car will be safer. And if a semi had hit the E55, the E55 would be toast. But your weight argument would mean that we shouldn't be driving GT3s, etc..

Something heavy needs power, and that combo costs $$. Aspiring ballerinas aren't exactly wealthy.

The fact is, the guy was drunk and he hit somebody. Unfortunately he didn't just hit a tree and call it a night.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by Thericker

My .02 cents...
With you on this...unfortunately does not justify his actions.

He certainly can't assert that as his defense as true as it is...eggshell doctrine!
Old 09-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
The car didnt do it, the person did--- just like guns...

I can see where insurance costs can and will be adjusted based on the probability of a crash (faster vs slower cars), costs of repair, and safety of the car in general (ie big SUV vs. two door coupe) but what I cant see is the brand of car used in the accident as reflection on other owners.

I would argue that we are actually safer drivers on a whole because of the monies poured into these vehicles not only to purchase but also to insure.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:18 PM

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts
2006 E55 Wagon (RIP), 2019 E63S Wagon (Sold) 2023 AMG GT634S
He's an idiot. I just posted to say that the car will get some press and be associated with rich, drunk jerks. I have a Viper and periodically (too often) someone does something REALLLLLLLLY stupid in a Viper and then we get painted with the broad brush.

He's had other issues where charges were dismissed for DUI/DWI, was likely out with a woman other than his wife, etc.

Tavern offered to get him a ride, refused to serve him, and he made it look like he was making a call to get a ride in the parking lot so their offer was not needed. He knew damn well he was in no shape to drive. His punishment should be harsh. Very harsh.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
Tavern offered to get him a ride, refused to serve him, and he made it look like he was making a call to get a ride in the parking lot so their offer was not needed. He knew damn well he was in no shape to drive. His punishment should be harsh. Very harsh.
I'm in class so I don't have time to read the entire link, but if this is true they should lock him for the max and lock him up with a big gay black guy nicknamed "Mandingo"
Old 09-23-2009, 08:18 PM

2007 E63, 2006 C55
RE: Doctor Crash

This occured about 4 miles from my house. I drove past the scene on the morning after it happened, not yet knowing what had happened, and aside from the flowers et all, he took out some guard rail too. This road is way too busy for that kind of speed, and he must have been flying. I also know the restaurant pretty well, they are decent folks and tried to do the right thing....pity they were not able to keep him off the road.

I have seen his car around a few times, there are only so many W211 AMG's in North Raleigh, but did not know him.

From the sound of the news reports, this guy was pretty pathetic on this day, and deserves to do some time.

Last edited by NCE500; 09-23-2009 at 08:20 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator

GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
My sympathies to the young woman’s family and loved ones.

A tragically stupid decision to drive while tanked by the plastic surgeon. Perhaps a lousy round of golf after work set him off? One would think he had attended to enough alcohol-related ER victims during his residency to know better. His was a willful act, i.e., not an ‘unavoidable’ accident.

Seems rather disingenuous for some to cast blame upon the hapless victim for her choice of personal vehicle. Probably the best she could swing. Although no one here would ever want their friend/spouse/family member to ride in anything but the safest of high-end transports, it’ll invariably happen on occasion despite his or her best intentions.

Can only hope it’s not some drunken idiot that causes their demise when things go awry.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by splinter
My sympathies to the young woman’s family and loved ones.

A tragically stupid decision to drive while tanked by the plastic surgeon. Perhaps a lousy round of golf after work set him off? One would think he had attended to enough alcohol-related ER victims during his residency to know better. His was a willful act, i.e., not an ‘unavoidable’ accident.

Seems rather disingenuous for some to cast blame upon the hapless victim for her choice of personal vehicle. Probably the best she could swing. Although no one here would ever want their friend/spouse/family member to ride in anything but the safest of high-end transports, it’ll invariably happen on occasion despite his or her best intentions.

Can only hope it’s not some drunken idiot that causes their demise when things go awry.
You miss my point, I'm NOT blaming the Ballerina, (her folks prolly bought it for her) just pointing out this country has gone overboard on saving gas/planet/global warming ... How much you wanna bet she more than likely would've lived if she was in nice late model truck or SUV? can be had for less than $10k-$15k used vs newer hybrid.

There will always be another drunk on the road, sad but true...Would you want your loved ones getting 35-40 MPG in econo-box saving a couple hundred gallons of fuel per yr while paying the ultimate price in collision?

Last edited by Thericker; 09-24-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
Originally Posted by Vic55
The car didnt do it, the person did--- just like guns...

I can see where insurance costs can and will be adjusted based on the probability of a crash (faster vs slower cars), costs of repair, and safety of the car in general (ie big SUV vs. two door coupe) but what I cant see is the brand of car used in the accident as reflection on other owners.
Thanks Vic for at least some support, for a moment I was thinking that I don't get something. Brand name got nothing to do with reflection on other owners.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dr kills Ballerina by crashing E55 into Hyundai