Sponsored by:

What do you do in this situation... ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 10:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 E63 AMG sedan (sold); E36 M3, E90 M3
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
As infuriating as drivers you described are, I always try to take advantage of their stupidity and let them pass and resume their speed and use them as my forward shield and tail them a quarter to half mile behind. Let them get the ticket.\.
Exactly! Let them pass with as little drama as possible, then keep their brake lights in view. they're now you're best forward defense
Old 09-26-2009, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
I don't think there is anyone in this world that does not get pissed off when some left lane cop wanna be will not move over to let you by. Here in Ohio is is actually illegal to pass on the right so the moron is the left lane is actually causing the that person to cause another violation. Get out of the left lane unless you are in grid lock traffic. You don't have lights on the top of your car, it's the easy thing to do, it saves everyone aggravation, and you don't look like a retard trying to police the traffic! MOVE OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2009, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for e55
man you have to be careful here in california road rage gets bad and bad fast. I had one guy follow me off the road and follow me to a friends house, ( I would not recommend following somone) as 5 of my friends greeted him nicely as he came out of his car to come at me. But I understand how it can get you going from calm to rage in such a short amount of time, best thing to do is always keep your cool and let them get the ticket. Just remember if you have a nice car you prob have a nice life to go with it and the other guy is prob rushing to get his food stamps,

also it gets worse the nicer the car you have. if you are driving a lambo it's twice as bad. especially if your young. Just because you can go 200 people think you should be going 200 all the time.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:38 PM

2005 S55 1982 300dt
Glock 20
Old 09-26-2009, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Originally Posted by stevebez

So my question is ...
and here is my answer

cheer up mate, there are tons of dumb people on roads!
Old 09-26-2009, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
Originally Posted by emoving
Here in Ohio is is actually illegal to pass on the right so the moron is the left lane is actually causing the that person to cause another violation.
oh my! how did I make it in one peace from OH
Old 09-26-2009, 07:30 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Karlson
and here is my answer

cheer up mate, there are tons of dumb people on roads!
good answer i'm sure anyone that follows you home will turn right around and make a hasty retreat.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
In first, I was joking!! But being serious, come on over visit great Commonwealth of Virginia. Great law that you can have a firearm in your possession as long as the public location.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by speedpeddler
You are exactly the kind of ignorant ******* this thread is all about.
Spare it tough guy, I guarantee you wouldn't say that in person.

If I'm driving all alone minding my own business abiding the law in the LEFT lane, which is not a passing lane in CA (by definition it is supposed to be primarily used for passing but CA does not impose this rule because there are far to many cars on the road to not use every lane) and all other lanes are clear... Then the loser coming up behind me - which is probably you - can move just as easily as I can.

I won't purposely speed up or slow down to block someone. Like I said earlier though, I'll move if traffic is heavy and I'm blocking faster traffic from moving... But if traffic is light and the other driver can go around, I'm not going anywhere.

Believe it or not gentlemen, the speed limit in the left lane is 65 just like all the other lanes.

Last edited by bobgodd; 09-26-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
Originally Posted by bobgodd
Then the loser coming up behind me - which is probably you - can move just as easily as I can.

I won't purposely speed up or slow down to block someone. Like I said earlier though, I'll move if traffic is heavy and I'm blocking faster traffic from moving... But if traffic is light and the other driver can go around, I'm not going anywhere.

Believe it or not gentlemen, the speed limit in the left lane is 65 just like all the other lanes.
Just wow! Is it April 1st today? you can't be serious..
Old 09-26-2009, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55
Just wow! Is it April 1st today? you can't be serious..
Oh I assure you I can be. Do you take offense to that? You must feel guilty.

And allow me to clarify since I think I made it sound like I ride the left lane at 65. I travel faster in the left lane than the rest of traffic, but not in excess. I just think some of you on this board feel entitled to drive as fast as you please just because it's the "fast" lane... Which just isn't true.

Last edited by bobgodd; 09-26-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
Oh I assure you I can be. Do you take offense to that? You must feel guilty.
hmm, not guilty. If I would drive your style of driving, I would have violation tickets every day in most place on this planet. In most states there are signs, slower traffic keep right.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55
hmm, not guilty. If I would drive your style of driving, I would have violation tickets every day in most place on this planet. In most states there are signs, slower traffic keep right.
I'm not sure how people read into what I wrote and gathered that I'm holding up the left lane by driving 65, because that couldn't be further from the truth. My gripe is that if I'm on cruise control at 75, which is already enough to get me a speeding ticket, why should I have to move or speed up more to get out of the way for someone else who wants to drive even faster? The cop isn't going to NOT write me a ticket because I tell him I was being a nice guy and speeding up to let someone else go by.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:59 PM

2007 E63 AMG, 2012 F250 4x4
Common sense

Common sense and courtesy should be the rule for the left lane. If you are holding up anyone because you are an inconsiderate, then you deserve to get whatever comes your way.

As said before, use a faster car as your defense.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
I'm not sure how people read into what I wrote and gathered that I'm holding up the left lane by driving 65, because that couldn't be further from the truth. My gripe is that if I'm on cruise control at 75, which is already enough to get me a speeding ticket, why should I have to move or speed up more to get out of the way for someone else who wants to drive even faster? The cop isn't going to NOT write me a ticket because I tell him I was being a nice guy and speeding up to let someone else go by.
you're a douche...have a nice day
Old 09-26-2009, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by regor60
+1 I dont care if you are doing 90 mph, if I am going faster and I come up on you get the f*&^ out of the way. You are a douche and I will tell you that in person. You are that ignorant cheez ball that thinks he owns the left lane that everyone hates. You would get your azz ran over in Europe, if only people here had common sense we would not have road rage! Move the f*&^ over!
Old 09-26-2009, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
Ah *****, this thread is heading south really fast. Common sense is the rule of thump.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55
Another tough guy.
Originally Posted by emoving
+1 I dont care if you are doing 90 mph, if I am going faster and I come up on you get the f*&^ out of the way. You are a douche and I will tell you that in person. You are that ignorant cheez ball that thinks he owns the left lane that everyone hates. You would get your azz ran over in Europe, if only people here had common sense we would not have road rage! Move the f*&^ over!
Grow up and get over it kid.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:28 PM

CTS-V 2013 Wagon
+2
So if I understand you correctly, you see someone coming up behind you traveling faster than you and you refuse to slide over and let them pass because you are exceeding the speed limit and they shouldn't be driving any faster than you.
I have often wondered what goes through the minds of people like you, and now I know.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55
Originally Posted by Hotrod-Realtor
+2
So if I understand you correctly, you see someone coming up behind you traveling faster than you and you refuse to slide over and let them pass because you are exceeding the speed limit and they shouldn't be driving any faster than you.
I have often wondered what goes through the minds of people like you, and now I know.
Allow me to assist you in your [obviously lacking] reading comprehension skills. I clearly said that if I am in the left lane and I am blocking traffic I will move over and let faster traffic by. Did you chose to not read that? I have often wondered what goes through the minds of people like you.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:38 PM

CTS-V 2013 Wagon
If I'm in the left lane and a car is blazing up behind me I might move.... If there is room in the next lane for him to go around me I absolutely will not budge. No matter how much he/she is tailgating me or flashing lights/honking/flipping me off... I won't let some ******** inconvenience me when he has every opportunity to go into the lane he's trying to force me into instead.
So sorry Mr. Godd. I must have misunderstood your meaning of your previous post.
Sincerely,
Mr. ********
Old 09-26-2009, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55
Originally Posted by Hotrod-Realtor
So sorry Mr. Godd. I must have misunderstood your meaning of your previous post.
Sincerely,
Mr. ********
Lol man this thread sucks. I said it way back on page ONE but I guess people read what they want.

....I guess I'll just be "that guy".

BTW, for you guys in here who obviously have road rage issues... Don't let someone else dictate your mood/emotional state while driving, it's just going to lead to bad driving decisions. There are worse things in life to worry about, especially when you have no control over how other people drive.

I'd also like to add that after losing my license for 30 days due to a 115mph ticket, my driving habits have changed and I rarely drive in the left lane anymore anyway.

Last edited by bobgodd; 09-26-2009 at 11:59 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
Another tough guy.

Grow up and get over it kid.
dude, you are an idiot!! In first I disregarded your comment that he won't have enough ballz to tell you that in person.. but get over it kid really pissed me off.. I don't know how old are you, but I know emoving in person and he is really a nice guy and definetely not a kid!
Old 09-27-2009, 01:30 AM

2007 E63 AMG, 2012 F250 4x4
That comment alone is why we all think you are in the wrong.
MOVE OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2009, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55
dude, you are an idiot!! In first I disregarded your comment that he won't have enough ballz to tell you that in person.. but get over it kid really pissed me off.. I don't know how old are you, but I know emoving in person and he is really a nice guy and definetely not a kid!
I assure you I'm not an idiot. You can come to your friends defense all you want, it won't change the fact that he was way out of line to begin with. I didn't start this thread attacking anyone, just saying my piece like everyone else.

Originally Posted by blk07bruins63
That comment alone is why we all think you are in the wrong.
MOVE OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You guys need some anger management around this place. As much as you hate me, I'm in the right. But I must reiterate; I will move over if I am blocking fast moving traffic.

I'm standing my ground on an empty freeway though. Pick your lane to go fast in, but in my opinion, being inconsiderate is expecting the only other person on the freeway to move for YOU because YOU feel like breaking the law.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you do in this situation... ?