Latest dyno/82mm tb-airbox ,tune update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 05:21 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Latest dyno/82mm tb-airbox ,tune update

A few weeks ago , I posted a latest dyno of 519.5 RWTQ and 581 RWTQ. This was with ASP 180 pulley, LET box tune plus one flash, 80mm tb and cooling mods. I knew from my AFR and peak TQ that there was some room to go but waited to do a dyno tune and add a few more mods.

Here is the update. I added a 82mm TB (huge TB) and a CF airbox I found used online. With no tune changes, made 3 pretty quick pulls and all were within 1 hp of the dyno pulls two weeks prior with 80mm tb and stock box. As suspected, the stock exhaust is maxed out on flow.The larger TB and added air box made no measurable change above the 80mm and stock air box.. My test showed that 520 rwhp , is about max for stock exhaust.

Then Jerry/Tony with Eurocharged went to work on the power and was able to pick up 5 rwhp peak and about 15 peak TQ. Much larger gains came down low and before the exhaust flow was maxed. Right were I wanted it. I posted the latest dyno tune chart over the previous chart. I do not have the dyno chart but I also looked at my chart over a car with same mods but with headers and our low power is the same but 3800 up,, the LT`s rock!!! Like 45-50 more rwhp!! Anxious to get those on the car!!

Headers have been on a my short list for a year but noone has long tubes for me W215 body.. I emailed and contacted other LT MFG names listed on mbworld but no reply. I then asked Jerry and he said he could get them made one way or another for my 215. Good news after a year of no reponse!

My engine is now producing 48 more rwhp and about 80 ft lbs of TQ over my engine and quickest ET times of 11.61@120 mph.

I wanted to keep running on the street tires and get the lowest ET possible but track conditions have been to wet for street tires. I pulled two 1.73 60ft on street tires but hit brakes just in case I was running faster than 11.50.. Even then , the car was still breaking tires loose through first and some of second. Kept trying to get some traction to check MPH but no way with so much more power.

With so much spin and traction control over-riding the off position, it was hard to calculate. It seems I have gained 3 mph and maybe a little more but just a guess right now.

Street tires are past their limit now.. I lost my patience and plan to roll on MT drag radial II`s as daily tires now..

I hope to have headers in a week or so and will still run with cats. I am a firm beliver in keeping cats on the car.. I will post all that info and the cool mid pipe system that I am planning to install..
Attached Thumbnails Latest dyno/82mm tb-airbox ,tune update-getattachment-6-.jpg  

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 11-08-2009, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
you have stock headers and stock exhaust - right?
Old 11-08-2009, 05:46 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Originally Posted by prodigymb
you have stock headers and stock exhaust - right?

Yes, bone stock all original stock manifolds, 4 cats, 2 resonators and two AMG mufflers. Don`t want to hack any of that up . I expect very nice gains from the LT`s and mid pipe, now that the extra air is on and waiting.. Those 1.5" pipes coming off the manifold are big hp killers!

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 11-08-2009, 06:38 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
You definately have an optimal intake, but I think your exhaust is in need of upgrading to balance your configuration. The air your shoving in there needs to be released, otherwise its pointless to be pushing that much boost.
If I were you I'd consider upgrading the entire exhaust system to optimise your car's configuration.

With the power your putting down I cant understand why are you not trapping 126+MPH?
Maybe the stock exhaust is holding you back
Old 11-08-2009, 06:55 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Originally Posted by Tech-Tune
You definately have an optimal intake, but I think your exhaust is in need of upgrading to balance your configuration. The air your shoving in there needs to be released, otherwise its pointless to be pushing that much boost.
If I were you I'd consider upgrading the entire exhaust system to optimise your car's configuration.

With the power your putting down I cant understand why are you not trapping 126+MPH?
Maybe the stock exhaust is holding you back
You are right! I do not have new traps on the new set up , as I can not get traction at all. The 120.5 mph was on old 477 RWHP.. Need tires first to test current set up.. No Long tubes made for my car, so been working on that for a year now.. I will have long tubes, with race cats and a X mid pipe going into resonators and stock mufflers. I expect 125 to 126 mph..
Old 11-08-2009, 07:08 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
You are right! I do not have new traps on the new set up , as I can not get traction at all. The 120.5 mph was on old 477 RWHP.. Need tires first to test current set up.. No Long tubes made for my car, so been working on that for a year now.. I will have long tubes, with race cats and a X mid pipe going into resonators and stock mufflers. I expect 125 to 126 mph..
I think your goal is attainable with that setup.
Why dont you just get some mid length headers like Kleemann's or something similar?
They should help you reach your goal without having to fab a set.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chevy Camaro
Hey Brooke look'n forward to helping you put the headers on and help you build your exhaust when you get your headers.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:25 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Cool

Originally Posted by 98aggie
Hey Brooke look'n forward to helping you put the headers on and help you build your exhaust when you get your headers.

Thank you and thanks for the latest dyno graph verses last fall graph, when I ran the 11.61 ..

Below is my latest graph over my graph with just box tune, pulley and 80mm tb verses the mods I have now.. No new track times yet.. Not from lack of trying but even second gear rolling starts have no traction.. Next best mod will be tires, then headers. converter and ported heads later..

You can see the really nice gains down low from dyno tuning and tweaking my cooling mods some..(bigger pump and direct wire).. Also note that I gained a lot up top but it is not linear, due to stock exh. being maxed.
Attached Thumbnails Latest dyno/82mm tb-airbox ,tune update-getattachment-1-.jpg