W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Star Diagnostic How To DIY with lots o pics

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-15-2019, 01:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E220 211
Originally Posted by aleksandar1099
So I thought I would help out a few MB brothers with a couple star diagnostic tutorials...

First, Lowering the car.
Get to the 211 Section
Attachment 383602
You will get to the main menu
Attachment 383603
Then go to Func perf by more than...
Attachment 383604
Then Chassis
Attachment 383605
Then Level adj
Attachment 383606
Then Suspension
Attachment 383607
And here is where people have problems, they just go to actuations and then lower it, IT WILL NOT STAY LOWERED this way, you have to go to initial startup
Attachment 383608
Then Initial with manual settings
Attachment 383609
Then F2
Attachment 383610
Here you will see a screen that shows the voltages which correspond to the height of the vehicle. they must be within the given ranges in the left hand column. use the + and - buttons to lower the car (In my screenshot I am in the car with a friend in the back seat, so that is why it is at 3.27, it should not exceed 3) Then hit F2
Attachment 383611
Enter in these inclination angles and if the car is within the voltages supplied in the page before, the car will accept the new lowered setting, if not it will reject it.
Attachment 383612

Now, how to activate the unlock and lock beep (honestly, one of the best mods to do if you have an older model e55 )
First Control units
Attachment 383613
Then Body
Attachment 383614
Then rear SAM
Attachment 383615
Then Control unit adaptations
Attachment 383616
Then national version of ATA function
Attachment 383617
At this screen you will see a pull down menu with a list of different regions on it. The only ones you need to worry about are USA with buzzer and Netherlands. If you choose USA, i will give you three short quick beeps when you lock the car and one short when you unlock it. Netherlands will give you three longer beeps when you lock the car and one long when you unlock it. Personal preference on which one you like. Then hit F3
Attachment 383618
Then F3(YES)
Attachment 383619

Hope this helps out some people. I really did not find a good DIY for Star Diagnostics, so I thought I would help out!

Thanks
Aleks

EDIT: Info for -10 Mod added
Thank you
Old 09-15-2019, 07:49 PM

Received 75 Likes on 67 Posts
2006 E55
Fixed

Originally Posted by MSG 55G
Hope this is a quick fix with SDS. Like to code DRIVE MODEs back on IC. Any idea?
Fixed my issue without having to pay $200! Got answer from a member (Kyle Linders) on this forum for free. So good to know there are still people are willing to help without expecting something in return.

I’ve posted solutions on my other thread. Pm me and if you can’t find it. It had something to do with disabling auto transmission on gateway setting.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:56 PM

E220 211
Hi, MB E220 W211 2008 was not possible to reset the service D. I think the kilometers are changed. Can anyone tell me how this can be done? How can I make these settings with MB Star C4 in ASSYST PLUS? Please help. Thank you.

Last edited by edd333; 09-17-2019 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-18-2019, 11:58 AM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts
09 E63
Originally Posted by TJ Bell
does only star work to lower the car or other types of diagnostics work as well?
I have an Autel MaxiDas DS808 (newer version of the DS708) and it lowers and sets values.
Old 09-18-2019, 12:17 PM

09 E63
Originally Posted by zhmorrow13

Okay so I got carried away with experimenting with adjusting the ride height of my car and I dropped my car way too (literally looks like all 4 shocks are completely deflated) and now I can’t get the car back to normal ride height. Whenever I go into the “inflate” options I get a “connection error 8.6000” or something like that. I doubt this helps but I’ve attached my voltage levels from before touching anything.

After I couldn’t raise the car, I ran a test on my airmatic compressor via DAS and it’s only putting out 8.6bar and according to the computer a healthy pump puts out q
14-16bar. Do you think this could be part of my issue?
did you get this worked out? what was the issue?
Old 09-18-2019, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,641 Likes on 1,223 Posts
2015 SL400 (M276 Turbo), 2014 C350 Sport (M276 NA), 2004 SL500 (M113), 2004 Audi TT225 (BEA)
Originally Posted by xabo
Anyone know what's the latest version of Xentry/Das?
09/2019. You can always look on www.aliexpress.com for the latest version.
Old 09-18-2019, 12:28 PM
Banned

Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by JettaRed
09/2019. You can always look on www.aliexpress.com for the latest version.
And always with the latest malware infested, too. We fix Chinese multiplexers and installs every day because they are so professional.
Old 09-19-2019, 07:00 AM

E220 211
Hi, MB E220 W211 2008 was not possible to reset the service D. I think the kilometers are changed. Can anyone tell me how this can be done? How can I make these settings with MB Star C4 in ASSYST PLUS? Please help. Thank you.
Hi, really no one can tell me what are the steps for the settings in Star C4 to reset the service in DAS?
Old 09-19-2019, 12:08 PM

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by edd333
Hi, really no one can tell me what are the steps for the settings in Star C4 to reset the service in DAS?
Don't repost your question since no one responded it's probably because you provided no information. You can't reset service D? As in your IC is displaying service D is due and you can't mark it as completed? What did you do to try to reset it? Marking service complete doesn't require star you can do it through the instrument cluster "hidden" menu.

Why do you think it is in any way related to the kilometers? Are you seing anything else wrong that makes you think there is something up with your IC programming?
The following users liked this post:
edd333 (09-20-2019)
Old 09-19-2019, 01:44 PM

E270 CDI
Originally Posted by flax1k
It's still not working.
Maybe it's more than an IC setting.
It's strange that in the middle display is shown the value of speed expressed in mph followed by the km/h
With the big help from drothgeb I finally managed to solve the "puzzle" of the odometer readings.
Now, the needle of the speedometer shows the same value with the speed displayed in the middle.
drothgeb
Maybe, sharing the document that drothgeb sent me is useful for other members of this forum.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:48 PM

09 E63
Originally Posted by flax1k
With the big help from drothgeb I finally managed to solve the "puzzle" of the odometer readings.
Now, the needle of the speedometer shows the same value with the speed displayed in the middle.
drothgeb
Maybe, sharing the document that drothgeb sent me is useful for other members of this forum.
great to hear it! That's what this (and other) forum is about, freely sharing tips/tricks/information so the forum community can benefit.
Old 09-19-2019, 02:10 PM

E270 CDI
Originally Posted by anomadtoo
great to hear it! That's what this (and other) forum is about, freely sharing tips/tricks/information so the forum community can benefit.
You are right anomadtoo. Freely sharing of info/tips/tricks is the main purpose of this forum. And I respect all of those who share info or help other people.
Of course there are people like Mackhack who are willing to sell the information obtained for free.
Old 09-20-2019, 07:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
CLS 55 AMG E500 99 ML320
Mackhack doesn't get the info free, I get the impression he lives it. Any professional you take your car to is going to charge for their hard won knowledge and experience, even if they don't have much. If you ask nice, sometimes Mackhack does share. Take it for what it is.
BC928 (09-20-2019)
Old 09-20-2019, 07:44 AM

E220 211
Hi , Last year when I did the oil and filter changes and the Service 'D' was displayed I went to a mechanic and he said that it may be possible to go back. Unfortunately this driver moved to another locality and can no longer be contacted. I know the change was made with a Star C4 and made the correction by writing the number of km (15000) for the next service. Thank you for the help. Wait for response.

Last edited by edd333; 09-20-2019 at 07:53 AM.
Old 09-20-2019, 07:51 AM

E220 211
However, there may be someone who can help me do this in the DAS or can do a guide, a video or photos how can I do this "D" reset service.
Old 09-20-2019, 07:53 AM

E220 211
Originally Posted by drothgeb
Don't repost your question since no one responded it's probably because you provided no information. You can't reset service D? As in your IC is displaying service D is due and you can't mark it as completed? What did you do to try to reset it? Marking service complete doesn't require star you can do it through the instrument cluster "hidden" menu.

Why do you think it is in any way related to the kilometers? Are you seing anything else wrong that makes you think there is something up with your IC programming?
Hi drothgeb, Last year when I did the oil and filter changes and the Service 'D' was displayed I went to a mechanic and he said that it may be possible KM go back. I think the kilometers are changed. Unfortunately this driver moved to another locality and can no longer be contacted. I know the change was made with a Star C4 and made the correction by writing the number of km (15000) for the next service. Thank you for the help. Wait for response.
However, there may be someone who can help me do this in the DAS or can do a guide, a video or photos how can I do this "D" reset service.
how can i do it through the instrument cluster "hidden" menu?
I tried by direct reset and give this message "the service not confirmed" and in the DAS I do not know the steps, the trick I have to do. Thanks.

Last edited by edd333; 09-20-2019 at 08:45 AM.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:37 PM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Sl500
I’m looking for the info on relative compression test.
I would like to perform it on the M113 engine using the star. I’m going through this thread but no luck so far.
I would appreciate if someone could point me to it.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:39 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
Mercedes CLS 55 AMG
Originally Posted by StarvingArtist
Mackhack doesn't get the info free, I get the impression he lives it. Any professional you take your car to is going to charge for their hard won knowledge and experience, even if they don't have much. If you ask nice, sometimes Mackhack does share. Take it for what it is.
Sometimes I'll share too. If you think getting information on repairing Mercedes/AMG is bad, wait until you have the only PDF copy of a Ferrari 599GTB manual and the rich arzholes on that forum all want a copy of it for free too.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:53 PM
Banned

Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts
If you look closely I help where I can for free. But some stuff is just not the ordinary SD stuff everyone does or has the slightest idea what it involves. Other things take time and dedication to figure out. Like enabling AMG menu, renewing clusters, decoding EEPROMS with no information about it. That stuff is not for free, no matter how many people bash me. I simply don’t care. No matter if we talk cars, electronics, chemistry, biology, construction or what not. Many in today’s world believe everything has to be free and I disagree. And when some here come with an attitude then sure I won’t help especially when they only ask for a handout and don’t participate in wasting their time away from their family or destroying control modules in doing trial and error work in order to find out stuff that is far beyond the average SD click here and there stuff or retrofit work.

If that is not the case then go to MB and get it done there (they can barely perform an oil change without ruining something, let alone renew a used control module or code things that are simply not intended to be done) and walk out without paying while flipping them off. Let’s see how far you get there. I’m just generalizing. Not meant towards you per se StarvingArtist. I just want to make sure that’s clear.

How come these kind of people never bashed Steve or Sunil his partner in crime 10-15 years ago? Oh wait, when these people did retrofits in the great USA, people like this clown here never even dreamed of driving a Benz. He doesn’t know Steve or Sunil. They don’t know that they spewed false information and control module killing coding suggestions between straight lies just to keep their overrated and overpriced business of retrofitting options alive.

Times have changed.

EquityGuy and I didn’t always see eye to eye and yet we have had wonderful conversations in PMs and emails and shared knowledge. It’s called giving and taking. And so I share knowledge with many others away from this forum. With people who don’t just take but also give. No name calling. No bashing. Most just try to take without giving anything. Most only know forums and other channels like Facebook groups when they need something. For free of course.

I think, I got my point across and why I don’t want to help much anymore here or in other forums.

Last edited by Mackhack; 10-22-2019 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts
2006 E55, Various other German and ‘Murican
No issues with pay to play. Get paid for what you know, not what you can do.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:48 AM

Mercedes CLS 55 AMG
Originally Posted by Mackhack
If you look closely I help where I can for free. But some stuff is just not the ordinary SD stuff everyone does or has the slightest idea what it involves. Other things take time and dedication to figure out. Like enabling AMG menu, renewing clusters, decoding EEPROMS with no information about it. That stuff is not for free, no matter how many people bash me. I simply don’t care. No matter if we talk cars, electronics, chemistry, biology, construction or what not. Many in today’s world believe everything has to be free and I disagree. And when some here come with an attitude then sure I won’t help especially when they only ask for a handout and don’t participate in wasting their time away from their family or destroying control modules in doing trial and error work in order to find out stuff that is far beyond the average SD click here and there stuff or retrofit work.

If that is not the case then go to MB and get it done there (they can barely perform an oil change without ruining something, let alone renew a used control module or code things that are simply not intended to be done) and walk out without paying while flipping them off. Let’s see how far you get there. I’m just generalizing. Not meant towards you per se StarvingArtist. I just want to make sure that’s clear.

How come these kind of people never bashed Steve or Sunil his partner in crime 10-15 years ago? Oh wait, when these people did retrofits in the great USA, people like this clown here never even dreamed of driving a Benz. He doesn’t know Steve or Sunil. They don’t know that they spewed false information and control module killing coding suggestions between straight lies just to keep their overrated and overpriced business of retrofitting options alive.

Times have changed.

EquityGuy and I didn’t always see eye to eye and yet we have had wonderful conversations in PMs and emails and shared knowledge. It’s called giving and taking. And so I share knowledge with many others away from this forum. With people who don’t just take but also give. No name calling. No bashing. Most just try to take without giving anything. Most only know forums and other channels like Facebook groups when they need something. For free of course.

I think, I got my point across and why I don’t want to help much anymore here or in other forums.
Part of my problem with sharing is that people just getting into this will inevitably damage their cars. Mack had been contributing here a lot longer than I had, and our initial headbutting was because I wasn't fully cognizant of the types of requests coming through here, and the repercussions. I was initially going to write up tutorials for about 40-50 common items with STAR, until I realized it would probably cause more harm than good.

Case in point: there's a post above about the latest versions of XENTRY. Like why are you guys running the latest version of DAS/Xentry? Your cars aren't getting updated. 11/2013 is the last version where all the coding is offline, so that's what I use. After that and you're losing 3/4 of the reason to even have a STAR setup.

I am HAPPY to help people find answers if they're qualified people that can use the information. But 1/2 the time people working on their car, attempting to code their car, or people who have had their cars screwed up by someone else are here trying to figure out how to fix their screwup, and even with the information it won't do them any good. I mostly want to provide answers to people like Starving (people who are capable) who might need some technical information but aren't sure where or how to find it because Mercedes deliberately makes it impossible to figure out. That's the boat I'm generally in, so I assist as a reciprocal back and forth. I've read (and printed) every functional subroutine performed by these cars when they operate (out of WIS), so I probably know as much about how these cars think, operate, and process their sensor data as any Mercedes engineer.

Last edited by equitiesguy; 10-23-2019 at 06:54 AM.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55 AMG E500 99 ML320
Just to be clear. I don't mind paying for other peoples time and hard earned knowledge, I also really appreciate it when I get it for free. What I don't like is peoples attitude that they are entitled to it. I'm just happy there is someone I could pay if I really got myself in deep.
How about a pay scale. Mildly annoying $20 an hour...to complete jerk $400 an hour, up front of course.
Old 10-24-2019, 01:49 PM

Mercedes CLS 55 AMG
Just to be clear. I don't mind paying for other peoples time and hard earned knowledge, I also really appreciate it when I get it for free. What I don't like is peoples attitude that they are entitled to it. I'm just happy there is someone I could pay if I really got myself in deep.
How about a pay scale. Mildly annoying $20 an hour...to complete jerk $400 an hour, up front of course.
I'm mildly annoying, and a complete jerk. Does this mean I get to charge $420?
5ohTreeAMG (05-15-2020)
Old 10-24-2019, 02:05 PM

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts
2005 E55
Most of us come to forums to learn and to share, which is probably why some frown on others that lurk the threads to try to squeeze $200 out of some one when they are in a pinch for 10 mins of work.

Too bad there are stupid ****ers like myself around willing risk breaking things to learn it, then give that info out for free ;-) It's okay I enjoy doing it and doing mind breaking things here and there in the process.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55 AMG E500 99 ML320
Originally Posted by equitiesguy
I'm mildly annoying, and a complete jerk. Does this mean I get to charge $420?
absolutely

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Star Diagnostic How To DIY with lots o pics