W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Star Diagnostic How To DIY with lots o pics

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-29-2019, 05:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w211
hi, can any of you tell me how to regenerate a w221 320cdi??, i have tryed, but i cant find out
anyone??
Old 01-03-2020, 05:13 AM

w211
i found the meny, anyone who can sell me a password generator, or tell me the pw?
Old 01-03-2020, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 80 Posts
2004 E55 AMG, 2006 CLS63, 2004 ML55, 2014 E350 sport
Originally Posted by larsianer
i found the meny, anyone who can sell me a password generator, or tell me the pw?
I would imagine the chinese on alixpress will sort you out but iv never done it.

Old 01-31-2020, 12:15 PM

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
2005 mercedes e55 amg
?

Last edited by jamesge; 01-31-2020 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:08 AM

Received 130 Likes on 105 Posts
20' RCF, 18' NX, 09' E350, 07' Solara, 05' STi, 01' Ranger
Arrow

More of a general question. By default like most cars when you tap the turn signal stalk it blinks the turn signal 3 times. Is it possible to change so that it blinks more than 3? I ask only because on my wife's Lexus, I was able to use Techstream (think Toyota's version of STAR/DAS) to change the 3 default blinks to 4. I find that 3 seems to not be enough to let people know around here that I am changing lanes and 4-5 seems like the happy number, without getting flashed/flicked off.

Just wondered if this was possible to change in STAR or where I would look to make the change, I didn't see anything in gauge cluster.

Thanks,
-Nigel
Old 03-12-2020, 07:11 AM
Banned

Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts
Either 3 times (enabled) or off. Nothing to adjust there.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:53 AM

Received 130 Likes on 105 Posts
20' RCF, 18' NX, 09' E350, 07' Solara, 05' STi, 01' Ranger
Arrow

Originally Posted by Mackhack
Either 3 times (enabled) or off. Nothing to adjust there.
Appreciate the clarity! Shame we can't get 4 blinks..lol

Cheers!
-Nigel
Old 03-12-2020, 11:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by NewShockerGuy
Appreciate the clarity! Shame we can't get 4 blinks..lol

Cheers!
-Nigel
3 is perfect.

Funny thing is every time we have a loaner during travels I wanna use SBC hold or tip blinking. No SBC hold and the car rolls a few inches at a red light. No tip blinking and we accidentally don’t blink at all until we get used to it.
Old 03-12-2020, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,488 Likes on 1,163 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Originally Posted by NewShockerGuy
More of a general question. By default like most cars when you tap the turn signal stalk it blinks the turn signal 3 times. Is it possible to change so that it blinks more than 3? I ask only because on my wife's Lexus, I was able to use Techstream (think Toyota's version of STAR/DAS) to change the 3 default blinks to 4. I find that 3 seems to not be enough to let people know around here that I am changing lanes and 4-5 seems like the happy number, without getting flashed/flicked off.

Just wondered if this was possible to change in STAR or where I would look to make the change, I didn't see anything in gauge cluster.

Thanks,
-Nigel
As others said, 3 is perfect. If you need more, you're taking too long to change lanes. I basically signal and switch lanes. I don't use it to ask permission, I check to make sure I can do it, then I just do it. If I can't, I don't signal. If you signal too long in advance here, people will move up to stop you.
Old 03-12-2020, 01:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cetialpha5
As others said, 3 is perfect. If you need more, you're taking too long to change lanes. I basically signal and switch lanes. I don't use it to ask permission, I check to make sure I can do it, then I just do it. If I can't, I don't signal. If you signal too long in advance here, people will move up to stop you.
100% agreed. God forbid someone is 5 m and 1/10 of a second ahead of you in this country.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Star tool

Hi can anyone point me in the right direction , I'm interested in a star tool for my 2004 e55 , I would like to use it for troubleshooting and testing modules as well as coding as I do all my own repairs . I'm also installing long tube headers soon and would line to turn on off my rear o2 sensors. Thanks
Old 03-14-2020, 11:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Buttas177
Hi can anyone point me in the right direction , I'm interested in a star tool for my 2004 e55 , I would like to use it for troubleshooting and testing modules as well as coding as I do all my own repairs . I'm also installing long tube headers soon and would line to turn on off my rear o2 sensors. Thanks
If you want a real high quality system not from China you’re welcome to PM me.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:34 AM

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
2008 R320 CDI 4MATIC
I posted the following on another thread;

There is an outstanding posting / thread on another site{which this site mbworld.org will not allow to be named, it get blocked when you post the sites name. Do not know why?

The Titled of the post is "SD Connect C4 -- avoiding garbage"

Perform a Google search {"SD Connect C4 -- avoiding garbage"] , should come right up.

Anyone who is interested or considering any Mercedes Multiplexer clone should take the time and review that entire thread{"SD Connect C4 -- avoiding garbage"], it is a long thread took me 3 hours of reading. And well worth it in my opinion.

The unlocked software{and keeping it unlocked] is more importation than the multiplexer. Then there is a learning curve on the software as you do not have real instructions on how to operate.

If you ever used AUTOCAD you know what I mean.

Regards

Joseph~

Old 03-15-2020, 02:13 PM

E55
Thanks for the info , I will be sure to read up on that article.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Joseph~
I posted the following on another thread;

There is an outstanding posting / thread on another site{which this site mbworld.org will not allow to be named, it get blocked when you post the sites name. Do not know why?

The Titled of the post is "SD Connect C4 -- avoiding garbage"

Perform a Google search {"SD Connect C4 -- avoiding garbage"] , should come right up.

Anyone who is interested or considering any Mercedes Multiplexer clone should take the time and review that entire thread{"SD Connect C4 -- avoiding garbage"], it is a long thread took me 3 hours of reading. And well worth it in my opinion.

The unlocked software{and keeping it unlocked] is more importation than the multiplexer. Then there is a learning curve on the software as you do not have real instructions on how to operate.

If you ever used AUTOCAD you know what I mean.

Regards

Joseph~
There is a big flaw in the statement above. The software will not lock up I any way form or shape. The most important part is a quality multiplexer. So it’s quiet the opposite of what you stated.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:41 PM

2008 R320 CDI 4MATIC
There is a big flaw in the statement above. The software will not lock up I any way form or shape. The most important part is a quality multiplexer. So it’s quiet the opposite of what you stated.
Could you please clarify / correct me?

As the Xentry software is capable of locking a user{ usually a non-licensed, meaning non real license from MB] out. Possible at both ends.

Most expensive program do; AutoCAD, Chief Architect, CATIA, could keep naming, all are caplable of the same. But you are aware what I am saying. As they all operate (licensing that is) on the same way / system / or as I think the correct word is "security scheme."

I do know that as of 03/2020 the Xentry software key system was / is being changed again.

I am always looking to learn.

The abysmal quality of clone multiplexers dose not not help.

The MB hardware's equipment with legal license $30,000 for 3 or 4 years is out of line,. Even the "pass thru" is $4,000 per year.

Would you spend $4,000 per year for a legal MB license to work on you owned vehicle? This is assuming you already have the correct hardware.

You comment, thoughts, opinions

Regards

Joseph~
Old 03-15-2020, 03:59 PM
Banned

Could you please clarify / correct me?

As the Xentry software is capable of locking a user{ usually a non-licensed, meaning non real license from MB] out. Possible at both ends.

Most expensive program do; AutoCAD, Chief Architect, CATIA, could keep naming, all are caplable of the same. But you are aware what I am saying. As they all operate (licensing that is) on the same way / system / or as I think the correct word is "security scheme."

I do know that as of 03/2020 the Xentry software key system was / is being changed again.

I am always looking to learn.

The abysmal quality of clone multiplexers dose not not help.

The MB hardware's equipment with legal license $30,000 for 3 or 4 years is out of line,. Even the "pass thru" is $4,000 per year.

Would you spend $4,000 per year for a legal MB license to work on you owned vehicle? This is assuming you already have the correct hardware.

You comment, thoughts, opinions

Regards

Joseph~
None of the bootleg versions lock the software out. If the key runs until let’s say 2040 then your system will run til then. A new key and it runs even longer. There is no magic involved to understand this.

Your question about “would you spend 40k for a legit system” must come from a bad upbringing.

Do you steal a 40k car if you can’t afford it because everyone should have to right to own whatever he/she pleases? In all honesty and with due respect, what makes you think it is ok to justify a stolen/cloned system for private or business purposes because you don’t agree with the sticker price?

Don't get me wrong I’m not justifying the price of a legit system either but the thought behind justifying a clone for that matter. As a matter of fact I believe they legitimately steal money from the dealerships bc forcing them to lease a system for $30-40k. If MB pulls the plug and says you need to lease a new system because we tell you so makes it even worse.

The dealerships therefore charge an arm and a leg just to read out the fault codes. Here MB charges $185 flat rate. I even understand, they have to recoup the money somehow.

In the end it’s all about shareholder value. Nothing else. You as the customer mean nothing to anyone.

That being said you have no right to own a legit or clone system if you don’t have a automotive business. That is all clearly written in their disclaimers. Lawyer galore.

Last but not least, don’t take this personal. I simply stated the facts.

Last edited by Mackhack; 03-15-2020 at 04:14 PM.
The following users liked this post:
bbirdwell (03-15-2020)
Old 03-15-2020, 04:25 PM

2008 R320 CDI 4MATIC
None of the bootleg versions lock the software out. If the key runs until let’s say 2040 then your system will run til then. A new key and it runs even longer. There is no magic involved to understand this.

Your question about “would you spend 40k for a legit system” must come from a bad upbringing.

Do you steal a 40k car if you can’t afford it because everyone should have to right to own whatever he/she pleases? In all honesty and with due respect, what makes you think it is ok to justify a stolen/cloned system for private or business purposes because you don’t agree with the sticker price?

Don't get me wrong I’m not justifying the price of a legit system either but the thought behind justifying a clone for that matter. As a matter of fact I believe they legitimately steal money from the dealerships bc forcing them to lease a system for $30-40k. If MB pulls the plug and says you need to lease a new system because we tell you so makes it even worse.

The dealerships therefore charge an arm and a leg just to read out the fault codes. Here MB charges $185 flat rate. I even understand, they have to recoup the money somehow.

In the end it’s all about shareholder value. Nothing else. You as the customer mean nothing to anyone.

That being said you have no right to own a legit or clone system if you don’t have a automotive business. That is all clearly written in their disclaimers. Lawyer galore.

Last but not least, don’t take this personal. I simply stated the facts.
In your opinion then, a person should not have any original MB system unless acquired through MB? As none of the "clones" are legal.

Is that what you are stating?

Joseph~

Last edited by Joseph~; 03-15-2020 at 05:03 PM.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:21 PM
Banned

In your opinion then, a person should not have any original MB system unless acquired through MB? As none of the "clones" are legal.

Is that what you are stating?

Joseph~
I’m sorry but if it’s not clear what I mean then so be it. I’m not going further with this.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:00 AM

E55
KPH to MPH cluster swap. Main board moved trying to correct analog speedo

I just purchased a 2005 e55 with 67k miles. It is a Canadian spec car with a KPH analog speedometer. I purchased a MPH cluster and swapped the main board over. The dash is back in and working great except for the needle which is obviously going to be off against the MPH scale. I figured I’d use star to code it but I’m a little over my head. I thought that I could correct the analog needle position by changing the national variant. The car originally was set to canada with SA code 461 set to “not present”

So I changed the national configuration to “USA” and set SA code 461 to “present”

The analog needle seemed to say the same and the digital speedo (which is set to mph already) started displaying double what ever the analog needle was indicating.

I changed the coding back to its original state and no damage done. For you guys who know there anything I can do on my end or is this going to be a developer version of star diagnostics to fix?
Old 03-25-2020, 11:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 5ohTreeAMG
I just purchased a 2005 e55 with 67k miles. It is a Canadian spec car with a KPH analog speedometer. I purchased a MPH cluster and swapped the main board over. The dash is back in and working great except for the needle which is obviously going to be off against the MPH scale. I figured I’d use star to code it but I’m a little over my head. I thought that I could correct the analog needle position by changing the national variant. The car originally was set to canada with SA code 461 set to “not present”

So I changed the national configuration to “USA” and set SA code 461 to “present”

The analog needle seemed to say the same and the digital speedo (which is set to mph already) started displaying double what ever the analog needle was indicating.

I changed the coding back to its original state and no damage done. For you guys who know there anything I can do on my end or is this going to be a developer version of star diagnostics to fix?
Put the mph speedo back to its original state and send it to me. I virginize it and you can teach it in with your China star diagnosis and the problem is solved. If interested send me a pm for details.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mackhack:
5ohTreeAMG (03-25-2020), compaddict (03-25-2020)
Old 03-25-2020, 12:18 PM

E55
Thanks for the reply. I’ll shoot you a pm a little later. I take it your going to reset the Motorola chip to reset the miles and go from there. Sounds good to me. But I am still curious why what I did didn’t work. Seems like it should have any thoughts?
Old 03-25-2020, 01:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 5ohTreeAMG
Thanks for the reply. I’ll shoot you a pm a little later. I take it your going to reset the Motorola chip to reset the miles and go from there. Sounds good to me. But I am still curious why what I did didn’t work. Seems like it should have any thoughts?
Not quiet but similar.

Because all information that your cluster needs is spread across multiple locations. That’s why you can’t just swap a board.

I’ll wait for your PM and we go from there. I have helped countless people with that and similar issues.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:49 PM

E55 AMG
Yo Mackhack, you're in San Diego?
Old 03-25-2020, 01:50 PM

E55
PM sent. I’d love to sit down with you and a case of beer and learn more. I get that the cluster is tied to the different modules. That’s why I swapped the board. But one would think that the drive for the analog needle would be isolated in the gauge cluster and be coded there. Unless that information is sent from the abs controller and the cluster responds to that. But then again I’m not and expert and talking out my *** at this point. Anyways I’ll wait for your PM and we will work something out and as a plus I’ll have my original cluster for backup/parts down the road.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Star Diagnostic How To DIY with lots o pics