W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Where Should Our Last Full Private Rental Take Place?
Full Rental at Sacramento in January (and "maybe" half private rental in Feb)
37.04%
Full Rental at Famoso in January (with a "maybe" half private rental in Feb)
62.96%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

****** Next Private Track Rental ******

Old 12-06-2009, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
****** Next Private Track Rental ******

Hi guys,

Okay, so we have room for one more (maybe two) private track rentals before winter is over. After that, I won't be doing another private track rental until November/December of 2010. Initially, the plan was to attempt a Famoso rental in mid January and then "maybe" a Sacramento rental in February. But due to some recent requests made by PM, I am entertaining the idea of doing a full private rental at Sacramento in January and canceling Famoso all together. Famoso is a very decent track and what I like about it is that it is logestically located right in the center of California. So it is somewhat close to SoCal and NorCal people. However, due to its 600 feet physical elevation, it is not the fastest track in California but it is also by no means the slowest (it's no Fontana ).

So here are our options again and whatever you decide, I will go with

1) Full Private Rental at Sacramento in January (with a "maybe" half private rental at Sacramento in February alongside a test n tune)

OR

2) Full Private Rental at Famoso in January (with a "maybe" half private rental at Sacramento in February alongside a test n tune)

- Oh and if you thought Sacramento was too fast before...... wait until I post my latest trap speeds

Last edited by MB_Forever; 12-06-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Charger SRT8
I'm down for Sacramento. I suggest Sunday January 3rd because there will be an event on Friday January 1st they will definitely prep for and a test-n-tune on 1/2/10. Out of towners can go to the test-n-tune and stay for the private the next day. With 3 days of prep the track should be good.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Banned

BMW
Honestly, with how that left lane is in Sac I don't think it would be the responsible move to do Sacramento. My car was pretty squerly going through there, but as long as you stay in it you are OK.

Famoso is a better prepped track with worse DA. So, it is give and take. Do you want better prep and ET's along with overall facilities or better traps?

It really does not matter to me, I'll run on the moon if that is where we decide to run.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:20 PM

A Prius because I'm green
Originally Posted by Banme
Honestly, with how that left lane is in Sac I don't think it would be the responsible move to do Sacramento. My car was pretty squerly going through there, but as long as you stay in it you are OK.

Famoso is a better prepped track with worse DA. So, it is give and take. Do you want better prep and ET's along with overall facilities or better traps?

It really does not matter to me, I'll run on the moon if that is where we decide to run.

Good point, but remember Sac wasn't as well prepped as it would be if it was a private rental but either place would be fun. I wouldn't mind heading down south since I haven't run Famoso yet.

Too bad an Air strip wasn't an option to do some top end runs!
Old 12-06-2009, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
I'm always down for Sac! I'm not that dedicated to drive a few hundred miles then race. I commute enough during the week.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:59 PM
Banned

BMW
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
I'm always down for Sac! I'm not that dedicated to drive a few hundred miles then race. I commute enough during the week.
No matter where it is, I would like to see you there.

I know it seems like a ridiculous drive, but it can and has been done. If one track allows more people to attend, then that is the track I would prefer to attend.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:02 AM

No matter where it is, I would like to see you there.

I know it seems like a ridiculous drive, but it can and has been done. If one track allows more people to attend, then that is the track I would prefer to attend.
As long as the track allows your car to hook I'll be stoked, I want to see what your M3 really can do! Have you ever timed your 60-130?
Old 12-07-2009, 12:16 AM
Banned

BMW
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
As long as the track allows your car to hook I'll be stoked, I want to see what your M3 really can do! Have you ever timed your 60-130?
I have had it supercharged for less than 2 weeks. It was not even finished and I took it up to Famoso Work in progress, I'll have 60-130 times soon enough, should be some serious numbers based on the trap.

Traction was not really my issue, the transmission overheating was.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:27 AM

I have had it supercharged for less than 2 weeks. It was not even finished and I took it up to Famoso Work in progress, I'll have 60-130 times soon enough, should be some serious numbers based on the trap.

Traction was not really my issue, the transmission overheating was.

Can't help being addicted to running can you haha! I didn't buy my car to wash and admire it, she's built to run!

I'm betting she will have serious numbers, I loved how clean she sounded going down the track too
Old 12-07-2009, 12:34 AM
Banned

BMW
Can't help being addicted to running can you haha! I didn't buy my car to wash and admire it, she's built to run!

I'm betting she will have serious numbers, I loved how clean she sounded going down the track too
I hear ya, my rear bumper is all scratched up from unloading and loading radials. Pretty does not give you times.

Appreciate it, we will have plenty of opportunities to admire our respective vehicles in the near future
Old 12-07-2009, 12:51 AM

I hear ya, my rear bumper is all scratched up from unloading and loading radials. Pretty does not give you times.

Appreciate it, we will have plenty of opportunities to admire our respective vehicles in the near future
Haha true it doesn't, must be why I'm so slow

I look forward to that
Old 12-07-2009, 01:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Car Whore
Why nothing in all of 2010 until the end?
Old 12-07-2009, 01:27 AM
Banned

BMW
Originally Posted by Fantasm
Why nothing in all of 2010 until the end?
Huh?
Old 12-07-2009, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
I would attend either.
Famoso is closer for more folks butyy Sacramento is faster and produces better air.

If the prep is good, thats the spot. Famoso can be pretty dam fast too , once again I WILL BE AT EITHER ONE
Old 12-07-2009, 03:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Huh?
I'm sure he meant 2009 .
Old 12-07-2009, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by bassn_07
I'm sure he meant 2009 .
No he meant why no private track sessions in 2010 until the end of the year. Mo said after the event in Jan or Feb he wouldn't do anything until then. The answer most likely is simple the conditions just aren't the best to break records?
Old 12-07-2009, 03:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Car Whore
I think there are enough people that want to go just for fun though, no?
I don't have any tracks I can go to really.
Irvingdale has a crappy 1/8 mile thats always packed. I can't run at Fontana b/c I run too fast so I need a bunch more gear before they will allow me.

Private rental is my only option I think
Old 12-07-2009, 03:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
No he meant why no private track sessions in 2010 until the end of the year. Mo said after the event in Jan or Feb he wouldn't do anything until then. The answer most likely is simple the conditions just aren't the best to break records?

In days that are not meant to break records we could still do some bracket racing. I think that would be a great time of the year to do it.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by bassn_07

In days that are not meant to break records we could still do some bracket racing. I think that would be a great time of the year to do it.
When do you and I ever need an excuse to run, we don't do it for the records we do it for the enjoyment!
Old 12-07-2009, 03:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
+1... Thanks Mike

There are actually three main reasons why we are not likely to get a private rental from February to October:

1) From March to October, the heat and weather conditions create a bad racing environment. The cars produce less power, tend to heat-up faster, and overall it just becomes a bad time to race.

2) ALL TRACKS get extremely busy on the weekends, so the track itself may not be available unless we aim for a week day, which I'm 99% positive will not attract too many people to make the rental cheap enough.

3) Re-scheduling/moving dates becomes an issue. A lot of times, the big races or official events over run their scheduled time and end up extending their event to the following day. If our rental happens to fall on that day, then we get re-scheduled NOT them. I've had bad experience with this in the past.

Last edited by MB_Forever; 12-07-2009 at 03:56 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
+1... Thanks Mike

There are actually three main reasons why we are not likely to get a private rental from February to October:

1) From March to October, the heat and weather conditions create a bad racing environment. The cars produce less power, tend to heat faster, and overall it becomes a bad time to race.

2) ALL TRACKS get extremely busy on the weekends, so the track itself may not be available unless we aim for a week day, which I'm 99% positive will not attract too many people to make the rental cheap enough.

3) Re-scheduling/moving dates becomes an issue. A lot of times, the big races or official events over run their scheduled time and end up extending their event to the following day. If our rental happens to fall on that day, then we get re-scheduled NOT them. I've had bad experience with this in the past.
Wow I pulled that one out of my A

No it makes sense, I feel for all you 9-5ers Monday thru Friday haha. I luckily do not suffer from that syndrome and get Every Thursday thru Saturday off. I'm teeing off while most are sitting in commute traffic, I like to call all you poor *******s, SUCKERS!!!
Old 12-07-2009, 04:21 AM

2005 Dodge Ram 1500
I vote Sacramento, so I can get my dyno tuning done while i'm up there...But, i'll be at either
Old 12-07-2009, 11:46 AM

SL55 AMG
I would like to say I would go to either but damn if I'm going to be honest I will say I vote for Famoso.

I dont know when I'll go back to Sacramento if ever for several reasons. The only way I see myself going to Sacramento again is if I pay someone to haul my car to/from the track and I fly. But at the same time I would need to know that track prep will be very good at the beginning and especially in the middle of the track as well. Not to mention it would be nice if the 60' timer worked, get rid of the yellow copy time slip thats not legible, and if the guy working the tree was more helpful.

Dont take this wrong way guys & Alan, I know my car was a majority of the problem this past weekend but going to Sacramento, for me at least, take a whole lot more effort, time, and money all for a track that is marginal at best even if track prep is decent.JMHO

Okay I'm done venting.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:52 AM

'07 Charger SRT8
Originally Posted by URnext
I would like to say I would go to either but damn if I'm going to be honest I will say I vote for Famoso.

I dont know when I'll go back to Sacramento if ever for several reasons. The only way I see myself going to Sacramento again is if I pay someone to haul my car to/from the track and I fly. But at the same time I would need to know that track prep will be very good at the beginning and especially in the middle of the track as well. Not to mention it would be nice if the 60' timer worked, get rid of the yellow copy time slip thats not legible, and if the guy working the tree was more helpful.

Dont take this wrong way guys & Alan, I know my car was a majority of the problem this past weekend but going to Sacramento, for me at least, take a whole lot more effort, time, and money all for a track that is marginal at best even if track prep is decent.JMHO

Okay I'm done venting.
Good points. I think extra track prep would definitely help. They finally got the timers working in the last 40 minutes :-) I had one time slip with only reaction time, 330', quarter mile time and quarter mile MPH. Weird
Old 12-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 710 Likes on 692 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
famoso is closer for me...
i'm down depending on which day...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ****** Next Private Track Rental ******