How to obtain my power goals?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E55 AMG
How to obtain my power goals?

Hi folks,
I'm new to the forum, but have had my 55 for a little over a year now.

I had a few questions:

1) Is there any company that has products (aftermarket) that will NOT void the warranty? For instance, my previously owned M5 wasn't voided because I had Dinan products on the car. I am wondering if AMG/MB has the some sort of alliance with any company? e.g. Evosport, RENNtech etc.

2) I would like 600HP/around 700TQ at the crank. What does this car need to reach those goals? If not that high, 550HP/600TQ at the crank or anywhere in that vicinity?

My car is bone stock with 36K miles on it (bought it with 27K).

I was looking into getting the usual: 172 or 180 pulley, tune, 80 or 82mm TB, headers, upgraded H/E, Johnson C30 pump. Will I reach my power goals with these mods?

3) I also had a question regarding the pulley size in relation to cooling? Obviously, a 172/180 pulley will generate more heat - will an upgraded H/E from Eurocharged and a Johnson C30 pump be sufficient for cooling purposes? Or would I need something more aggressive with more capacity?

Any help with these I would appreciate it. Thank you for your help!

Vinny
Old 02-03-2010, 09:57 AM

With the mods you state that you want, you will be well over the crank numbers you are looking to achieve. Most guys on here with those mods are around 500 WHEEL hp, and 600 WHEEL tq.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

c63
Originally Posted by TQADDICT
Hi folks,

I had a few questions:

1) Is there any company that has products (aftermarket) that will NOT void the warranty? For instance, my previously owned M5 wasn't voided because I had Dinan products on the car. I am wondering if AMG/MB has the some sort of alliance with any company? e.g. Evosport, RENNtech etc.

2) I would like 600HP/around 700TQ at the crank. What does this car need to reach those goals? If not that high, 550HP/600TQ at the crank or anywhere in that vicinity?

I was looking into getting the usual: 172 or 180 pulley, tune, 80 or 82mm TB, headers, upgraded H/E, Johnson C30 pump. Will I reach my power goals with these mods?

3) I also had a question regarding the pulley size in relation to cooling? Obviously, a 172/180 pulley will generate more heat - will an upgraded H/E from Eurocharged and a Johnson C30 pump be sufficient for cooling purposes? Or would I need something more aggressive with more capacity?

Vinny

We offer a Stage 3 package you can check out here>> http://www.eurocharged.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=66

If you have any questions feel free to contact us at info@eurocharged.com or call us at the shop 630-496-8660
Old 02-03-2010, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by TQADDICT
Hi folks,

I had a few questions:

Vinny
With warranty in mind your best bet would be to find a MB dealership that sells/installs Renntech items. I know some use to exist but I haven't heard much of lately. Just keep in mind, this will come at the highest price tag.

Another option would to get to know your SA/Tech and feel them out. There are still many dealerships out there that are still mod friendly, you just need to find them.

Good luck and I hope you find what you're looking for.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

KLEEMANN K2=480 wheel HP, 566 wheel TQ for $3695.00 (dyno attached). Add the 80mm throttle body and cams, and you're looking at around 510 wheel HP and over 600 wheel TQ.

Warranty- the only 'tuner' officially endorsed by Mercedes-Benz is AMG. Individual dealers may still honor your warranty depending on who's parts you choose, the particular dealer, and the relationship you have with them but if you're looking to add 100+ HP to your car, chances are, you can say goodbye to your warranty. Some dealers are mod friendly, some are not. If you're anywhere near Atlanta, contact Kevin at Mercedes-Benz of Buckhead.
Attached Thumbnails How to obtain my power goals?-richard_sl55_k2.jpg  
Old 02-04-2010, 10:01 PM

E55
^+1 about the warranty, unless you build a relationship with your SA. I slide mine a 20 spot every time I have the car in and go chat with the tech who works on my car. I'm not heavily modded yet, but the tech gave me the nod to do whatever I want just let him know, and he'll install it. Of course, even that is not bullet proof for maintaining the warranty. I guess it just comes down to what your tolerance for risk is....
Old 02-05-2010, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Originally Posted by Cory @ Kleemann
KLEEMANN K2=480 wheel HP, 566 wheel TQ for $3695.00 (dyno attached). Add the 80mm throttle body and cams, and you're looking at around 510 wheel HP and over 600 wheel TQ.
Cory,

Are you located in the springs?

I need to give you a visit in the near future.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

We sure are! Just give me a call and let me know when you'd like to come down- 719.473.6441. We're just off Fillmore and I-25.

Originally Posted by tgoss
Cory,

Old 02-09-2010, 02:26 AM
Banned

SL55 AMG & BMW F10
Originally Posted by tgoss
Cory,
I think we all, CO AMG guys, should drive down there together sometime