Stage 2 & 3 Tune Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
let me say im not saying anything bad about pc renntech or kleeman.
what sets me off is someone posting false accusations about a tuner without anything to back it up.
i have had great success with the guys at eurocharged. not only tuning the car but on a personal level i have met some great car guys who truley love what they do.
i think all pertinent info should be posted but it needs to be truthful accurate info not wild speculation which can be taken way out of context
I agree with you 100% on this and that's exactly what I did. I never claimed that they put too much timing in my car but instead stated that my car gained more and more power with timing being pulled from their tune.

I have tried both companies, LET and PC, both track tested and dynode. I clearly had much better results with my car with no daily driving issues with the PC/Jeremy tune. The OP could take this info and all the other facts he gathers and make a informative decision. I'm done with the whole sugar coating bs and I'll post my opinion when asked as truthful as I can. Just recently I made it very clear to PC about my thoughts about letting Jeremy leave PC.

Hopefully I'm not offending anyone and if I am I apologize but my opinion should matter just as much as the next guy.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 porsche 996 turbo
bassn 07 i think there has been a misunderstanding. i never took your posts to be inflammatory.
it was mikeamg's post #7 that contained the unfounded accusations . i found your post informative.

[QUOTE=Mikesamg;3927745]
I’m sharing my experience with you so you can be cautious and aware while shopping around. Don’t let dyno graphs fool you, that LET car had high torque numbers and decent HP numbers but it fell off in the back end. Clearly in my inexperienced opinion they added a lot of fuel and timing to give you a feeling of more power. True some of their cars have put down great numbers but everyone I have seen has had an issue.

Last edited by 320 dreamer; 02-08-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:32 PM

2004 E55
Hey, just curious, what stage would I be? My mods are below. I think Jerry at LET is great. Straight forward answers, and genuine results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cack_0w5O8g

Whatever stage I am, my car is FAST!

The dyno results are from before I had the Meziere Pump installed and the split IC system. MY car was Heat Soaking when I made the below results.

Last edited by HadiLaw; 02-08-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
bassn 07 i think there has been a misunderstanding. i never took your posts to be inflammatory.
it was mikeamg's post #7 that contained the unfounded accusations . i found your post informative.
I figured that much but I just wanted to clarify my thoughts and how I feel. I also found your post informative and I'm hoping this is the direction this thread will go. It would be nice to finally have a open discussion about our tuners (here on MBW) and get everything out in the open. Just think, if everyone just didn't care what others thought and just posted...good or bad. How great would that be .

Quick question, if a tuner blew someones engine do you think everyone should have the right to know? Or if the tuner replaced the engine all should be hidden and kept on the down low? Would this weigh on your decision on whether or not you use this tuner? This is by far the worst case scenario but I've heard of this happening. Is it true or not..... The reason why I don't know is (a) because it never happened (b) the victim never made it public (c) the tuner was able to contain and minimize damage control. Make no mistake guys things like this could very well be happening and until more people come forward most of us will be in the dark. It's all fun and games until it happens to us.

This is why I'm telling the new guys to really take time and do some research before having someone touch our 30k motor. It's no joke guys and don't take it lightly because the outcome could be catastrophic and costly. Of course there are always risk in tuning our cars but I would like to think they are minimal.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by HadiLaw
Hey, just curious, what stage would I be? My mods are below. I think Jerry at LET is great. Straight forward answers, and genuine results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cack_0w5O8g

Whatever stage I am, my car is FAST!

The dyno results are from before I had the Meziere Pump installed and the split IC system. MY car was Heat Soaking when I made the below results.
Vinny would probably call you a stage2 but most here would say stage 1.

Hey Vinny I found this the other day while we were jawing back and forth, i thought you would get a kick out of it.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/54702/im_my_own_grandpa/
Old 02-09-2010, 08:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
bassn_07 i think the forums should a free flowing highway of info. good or bad. i truley think the only way to really know the most amount about a tuner is to do more than just send an ecu. you have to get to know them, just like a mechanic. i spent countless hours on the fone and emails getting to know the guys at eurocharged and then ventured into setting up a tuning session so i could see in person how it was all being done.
it was the great communication that finally helped me to decide who to go with. i just wasnt willing to pull my ecu and send to another location and hope the person i spent a fortune to actually did the work
Old 02-09-2010, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
bassn_07 i think the forums should a free flowing highway of info. good or bad. i truley think the only way to really know the most amount about a tuner is to do more than just send an ecu. you have to get to know them, just like a mechanic. i spent countless hours on the fone and emails getting to know the guys at eurocharged and then ventured into setting up a tuning session so i could see in person how it was all being done.
it was the great communication that finally helped me to decide who to go with. i just wasnt willing to pull my ecu and send to another location and hope the person i spent a fortune to actually did the work
That's probably the kind of info the OP is looking for. I'm glad you did your research and ended up with a product worth sharing with us!
Old 02-09-2010, 10:14 AM

e55
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Vinny would probably call you a stage2 but most here would say stage 1.

Hey Vinny I found this the other day while we were jawing back and forth, i thought you would get a kick out of it.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/54702/im_my_own_grandpa/
damn now that was funny i got a great laugh .. but u see the cow town has u looking for stuff like this lol .. and HADILAW u have a STAGE 2 . but mike is STAGE 31/2 now
Old 02-09-2010, 11:01 AM

A Prius because I'm green
More accusations

I been gone a while so hopefully I address everything. First off 320 dreamer lets get back to reality and address what you said.

Thank you for posting up your experience as few do but lets readdress my posting since you didn't like it and you clearly missed it's point.

My agenda isn't to bash any tuner, in case you didn't notice I wasn't happy with another company that tuned my car if you noticed. Lets state the facts that I posted.

I beat a stage 1 LET CUSTOM tune, when I was stock. Would you be happy about buying a tune that falls flat on it's face? That's what happened with Azipods car and another fact, it has yet to get re-tuned. His dyno had high tq and decent hp numbers for his stage, so did another car I spoke of. Only this car got re-tuned and the tuner pulled out fuel and timing and what do you know, he gained more hp.

You do realize this wasn't an accusation as Bassn_07 posted not to long after and stated it was his car that this happened to. I'm questioning why have two cars had the same problem, both tuned by the same company, and both had issues getting it tuned again? Is that an accusation? I'd like to think that's a concern and a solid case to question. Maybe you don't think it's great information but if someone came back and raised issues with PC's tune I'd want to hear it so I can look into the tune on my car to ensure it's good. Toyota has been building cars for how long and wow they have a major issue right now, it happens to the best of them doesn't it?

It's interesting you mention they are personal and come to you. Doesn't PC go to you too? Jikjak didn't Jeremy custom tune your car? They also do remote dyno tuning. Renntech as well, in fact they have a RAT box that data logs and if you email them the file they will adjust your tune. If you mod the car they will email an updated file for you to upload via that RAT box. Is that not personal enough or is that different from what you mean?

Let me qoute you, I just wasn't willing to pull my ecu and send to another location and hope the person I spent a fortune to actually did the work, end quote.

Did you read Bassn_07 thread about how LET wanted him to send his ECU off to be reflashed? No tuner comes to you, you go to them and it's foolish to think anything different. Don't fool the OP into thinking they will come to him. If he moves to GA are they going to fly down to custom tune his car? They didn't for Bassn_07 or Azipod when they already paid for their tunes and the car proved to have issues. Eurocharged now controls LET correct, so Eurocharged will you fly out to GA to tune the OPs car by itself or will you wait until you have enough customers to justify the cost?

So my question now is what is your agenda 320 dreamer?

If you want to see accusations read the recent posting about another E55 having it's engine blow up. Oh wait you can't because once a tuner who happens to be a sponsor on here was questioned it got deleted. Is that not a fact? Why was it deleted then? Was it damaging because it was true or untrue?

A company is liable for the actions of it's workers but it doesn't reflect on the company as a whole. I realize this and have nothing against any tuner they all make mistakes but to cover them up is just pitiful.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whatever we're tuning!
Old 02-09-2010, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
first of all i never said anything about all the chatter you posted untill you spouted off about let adding fuel and timing to show big numbers. i quoted you from your own thread.
weres your proof? not what someone else said or did what have you done in regards to an let tune? nothing. you only repeat what you hear without any research. so you are spouting accusations.
as for engines blowing up rich programs and high timing thats for the individuals to say positive or negative about their tuners , not you sir!
and finally tony and jerry from eurocharged came to atlanta and did a full day of tuning cars from my 32 to sl55's bmw's and c55's if i remember correctly 15 cars that day.
i dont know of any tuning sessions by pc renntech or kleeman. am i mistaken? did your tuner come to you or did you send you ecu to them?
as for individual tuning the guys from eurocharged were doing tunes on the way home from atlanta! all you had to do was call them and set a place to do the flash. thats customer service!

Last edited by 320 dreamer; 02-09-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:33 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
If you want to see accusations read the recent posting about another E55 having it's engine blow up. Oh wait you can't because once a tuner who happens to be a sponsor on here was questioned it got deleted. Is that not a fact? Why was it deleted then? Was it damaging because it was true or untrue?
for someone who is on a quest for the truth, you would find that the thread was deleted by the OP. And strangely enough after eurocharged started getting a bunch of praise about the work done, and after the person that owned the car posted that it was bs and a hardware issue not a tune...
Old 02-09-2010, 01:25 PM

first of all i never said anything about all the chatter you posted untill you spouted off about let adding fuel and timing to show big numbers. i quoted you from your own thread.
weres your proof? not what someone else said or did what have you done in regards to an let tune? nothing. you only repeat what you hear without any research. so you are spouting accusations.
as for engines blowing up rich programs and high timing thats for the individuals to say positive or negative about their tuners , not you sir!
and finally tony and jerry from eurocharged came to atlanta and did a full day of tuning cars from my 32 to sl55's bmw's and c55's if i remember correctly 15 cars that day.
i dont know of any tuning sessions by pc renntech or kleeman. am i mistaken? did your tuner come to you or did you send you ecu to them?
as for individual tuning the guys from eurocharged were doing tunes on the way home from atlanta! all you had to do was call them and set a place to do the flash. thats customer service!
Where is my proof, Basn_07 gave you my proof. I'm not going off of some story I heard or or read in a thread. You do realize I know Bassn_07 personally? I didn't say I think their tunes have too much timing. I spoke of his car and he verified it. His car was tuned by PC and they took the timing out of the LET tune and it increased his power. That's not an accusation that's a fact. It would be useful for him to know of that issue so he is aware of it. Did I say all their tunes have that issue? No, and I even said they have great running cars and they do. Is it a problem on your car, be honest? The OP now knows of one concern to help ensure his car is tuned correctly, just like you mentioned not sending off the ECU and trusting someone to work on it. All just opinions from experience to help him along his way to getting his car tuned.

I haven't done a thing with LET you are right, because I saw first hand the issues I stated and it drew my attention away.

My tuner came to me if you are curious. Jeremy when he was working for PC came and custom tuned Bassn_07 and my car all day at autowave on their dyno. I will not mention of other cases that I know of since I wasn't there for all of them and you want proof. Not that anything I say you are believing anyways, even when someone else says the same thing so is there a point?

Try reading what I write in a less defensive way if you are taking it as an attack. Otherwise you are going to just keep arguing with me and I truly am not arguing back. If you still don't understand my point please ask I don't mind explaining it. It may sound good in my head and too me but it can be mistranslated when typed out on here. Once again I am not accusing Eurocharged of being a bad company, everyone makes mistakes and it would be pointless to say that they do. The OP knows this, I simply told him what I saw and nothing more. Share your side so he can use that as well like you did and I will not argue back to it.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
mikesamg i think you said it in a nutshell. bass_07 posted his findings. whether you know him or not its not your place to say, it was his and he did. i have no beef with that.
speak of what you have had done to your car and i have no beef there either.
it was your comments about let adding timing and fuel that sent me on this tangent , and you have no firsthand knowledge of that . i think thats were a lot of this negative posting comes from. any person with knowledge of something that is done to their own car can and should post whatever they feel.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 ML63 2009 SL63 2010 Alpha 7 GTR
It's not as cool as the video above, what does yours run?

Mike I agree with what you are saying about your experience with tunes/ tuners. Sorry to be a smart *** but your comment: "If anyone in the area would like to run their stage 2 car against me that isn’t PC tuned I welcome it." Got me fired up, Id run my stage one against you...
I will reply back to other comments! Thanks for the contribution to the forum. It is very difficult to get good, and "real" information these days.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by E55Bullet
Mike I agree with what you are saying about your experience with tunes/ tuners. Sorry to be a smart *** but your comment: "If anyone in the area would like to run their stage 2 car against me that isn’t PC tuned I welcome it." Got me fired up, Id run my stage one against you...
I will reply back to other comments! Thanks for the contribution to the forum. It is very difficult to get good, and "real" information these days.

Well I hope it got you fired up in the right way because out here in the Bay area we can't get many that want to go out and enjoy the day at the track with the beasts. Too bad you weren't close enough to run and compare, it's always nice watching the reactions we get with these cars Are you sure you are a stage one though? Vinny what is he? haha
Old 02-10-2010, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bassn_07
Yeah, 11.3's is pretty cool but not as cool as all your mods listed in your signature . Mikesamg was just giving his opinion along with some track numbers to give reasons why he thinks PC would be a good choice. Maybe you could give a little more input other than what you posted. To be honest your post is rather useless.

Here's a thread I started last year about my experience with 2 different tuners. Like a few of my posts mention in this thread please take it for what it is, a opinion from my eyes. I'm hoping after gathering information from what other members provide you'll still do your own due diligence and come to your own conclusion. We all have our own opinions which should make for a great discussion.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...nt-tuners.html

My mods listed in my sig are there for fellow member to read and ask about them. That is the only reason they are listed. Plus im not afraid to let people know what I am running because my car does run very well for what it is done to it. As far as useless posts go....this forum is full of them. Most are just for laughs, take it for what is it Oh and too bad our opinions car only go so far before they are deleted, and they are often rightfully deleted because people don't always know the whole story. BTW great running car!
Old 02-10-2010, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Exactly, I posted information to use as a tool. If it pushes tuners for this platform to tighten up and do better then that is great. I don't want to stir anything up I just want tuners to make faster, better running vehicles. It only helps me, but if you want to scam then no one can tolerate it nor be afraid of repercussions for sharing that information. Mistakes happen and everyone learns from it, well I hope everyone will learn from it. Not everyone grows up and stops being a Toys R Us kid.

So how about we save the smart comments and share information, a board member is asking for experience to help tune his car so it can run great. That isn't too hard is it?

I believe that we should make a modifying thread where new people can come and check out.. I believe that most cars react differently when modded, also drivers and temp, DA, etc. Everyone that mods there car should know that there are repercussions. If a member wants to tune and make his car run great then he/ she should not tune it. It runs great from the factory. I think that too many people are throwing money on their cars before doing research and talking with tuners before they start modding. Also it dosent matter who you talk to all the tuners are the best around..just ask any of them! I when with euro because of their location to me, price, and superb customer service.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

let me preface this by saying my car isnt the same as yours. so the numbers will be a bit skewed.

your runs against the tuned car can have many variables. and the most prevalent is leaning issues at top end. i have been to the tuning sessions firsthand and what i see is crank pulleys getting bigger and bigger but noone addresses the fueling issues. at wot the 180+ pullies are pulling timimg and theres nothing a tuner can do if the car hardware cant supply more fuel.
heres my dyno chart with the eurocharged tune. not massive numbers but a decent inc in power and a great torque curve. cars that tuned with me having the same mods as me have dropped a full .5 sec off their times. i am simply waiting for the weather to break to try mine on the track. my buddy in s. ga just pulled a 12.22 in 45* weather with poor track prep. his previous p/b was a 12.7 at the same track in great conditions. remember these are s/c v6 engines and the magic 11.99 is very diff. to acheive without many mods. our mods are simply c3 s/c pulley intakes and a custom tune w/ dr's
im a huge fan of the eurocharged tuners BECAUSE they come to you. im still waiting for renntech kleeman pc or anybody else to do what they do. if you add mods datalogg and they tune. if you want dyno tunes get the remote kit and tune from the other side of the world it doesnt matter.
your accusation that they add fuel and timing just to show big numbers tells me you have another agenda here. go to a tuning session. have you been to a tuning session with them?

+1 had the 180, made good power, pulled too much timing up top, dropped down to a 172 lost just a hair tq, gained HP and have a perfectly good running car.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well I hope it got you fired up in the right way because out here in the Bay area we can't get many that want to go out and enjoy the day at the track with the beasts. Too bad you weren't close enough to run and compare, it's always nice watching the reactions we get with these cars Are you sure you are a stage one though? Vinny what is he? haha
HAHA well whatever stage you/we/they are, it would still be a blast! I am a good sport about getting fired up! The smart *** remarks come out with drinking and posting, should be illegal. I am sad to hear that you walked all over a tune only car, I dont really believe too much in tunes only, I mean if you are going to tune it, why not get a pulley too to maximize the tune?
Old 02-10-2010, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Where is my proof, Basn_07 gave you my proof. I'm not going off of some story I heard or or read in a thread. You do realize I know Bassn_07 personally? I didn't say I think their tunes have too much timing. I spoke of his car and he verified it. His car was tuned by PC and they took the timing out of the LET tune and it increased his power. That's not an accusation that's a fact. It would be useful for him to know of that issue so he is aware of it. Did I say all their tunes have that issue? No, and I even said they have great running cars and they do. Is it a problem on your car, be honest? The OP now knows of one concern to help ensure his car is tuned correctly, just like you mentioned not sending off the ECU and trusting someone to work on it. All just opinions from experience to help him along his way to getting his car tuned.

I haven't done a thing with LET you are right, because I saw first hand the issues I stated and it drew my attention away.

My tuner came to me if you are curious. Jeremy when he was working for PC came and custom tuned Bassn_07 and my car all day at autowave on their dyno. I will not mention of other cases that I know of since I wasn't there for all of them and you want proof. Not that anything I say you are believing anyways, even when someone else says the same thing so is there a point?

Try reading what I write in a less defensive way if you are taking it as an attack. Otherwise you are going to just keep arguing with me and I truly am not arguing back. If you still don't understand my point please ask I don't mind explaining it. It may sound good in my head and too me but it can be mistranslated when typed out on here. Once again I am not accusing Eurocharged of being a bad company, everyone makes mistakes and it would be pointless to say that they do. The OP knows this, I simply told him what I saw and nothing more. Share your side so he can use that as well like you did and I will not argue back to it.

Someone else screwed the car up before Euro got a hold of it.One reason it was deleted because the guy didn't quite know what he was talking about.