Sponsored by:

Evosport | New Rear Stability Kit for W211 E-Class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 09:50 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evosport | New Rear Stability Kit for W211 E-Class

One of the weak points in many of today's high performance Mercedes-Benz vehicles is the lack of, or extreme limitation in rear toe adjustment. This results in an undesired "toe out" condition when the rear of the vehicle is loaded up or on throttle. The effects are a very unstable or unplanted rear end with excessive over-steer that does not seem to want to grip. This is even more noticeable on modified vehicles where a lot of torque to the rear wheels is realized in low gears and in the low rev range. Since there is no practical toe adjustment in the factory suspension components, even the best alignment is unable to mitigate this issue.

The Evosport Rear Stability Kit (Adjustable Rear Toe Kit) is designed to address these issues. Installing the Rear Stability Kit will provide the ability to easily and properly adjust the rear toe during alignment to mitigate the "toe out" situation and provide added stability and safety to the vehicle. The chassis will feel much more planted and controllable, especially during heavy acceleration.

Kit includes left and right stability arms and mounting hardware.

Application: W211 E-Class (all), W219 CLS-Class (all), R230 SL-Class (all, except SL65 Black Series)

For more information, or to place an order, click HERE. Or you may contact one of our worldwide dealers using our Online Dealer Locator.

Kit Features:

- Lightweight adjustable arms
- High quality heim joint design for length adjustment
- Black powder-coated chromoly shaft provides high strength to weight ratio
- Jam nuts allows for easy lock/unlock of adjustment mechanism; relieves stress on shaft during adjustment
- Black anodized billet mounting bracket

Benefits:

- Easy to install and adjust
- Allows for precise and accurate adjustment of rear toe during alignment
- Provides stability and more control during acceleration and cornering at all speeds
- Added safety to reduce over-steer and increase rear control
- Decreases wear on rear tires by providing more rear end stability
- Improved performance during acceleration and cornering

Last edited by Simon @ evosport; 03-08-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:38 PM

'06 E55 AMG Evosport project car. 2nd Owner
Hey Simon, do these come set to factory spec length ? And then can be adjusted during alignment. So that if they are on the vehicle before alignment it will not cause any undue effects.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:07 PM

Well, my question was answered when they arrived, NO they are not set. They are some very nice bits to be sure, however, I do wish they would have come with some installation instructions, ie.. torque specs for the mounting hardware etc...
Old 03-25-2010, 02:02 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

Originally Posted by Clavo
Hey Simon, do these come set to factory spec length ? And then can be adjusted during alignment. So that if they are on the vehicle before alignment it will not cause any undue effects.
No, they will come set. They will need to be set during alignment. You can install them prior to alignment, but I would not recommned driving the vehicle aggressively or too long before having them properly set.

They are some very nice bits to be sure, however, I do wish they would have come with some installation instructions, ie.. torque specs for the mounting hardware etc...
Apologize, they should have been included in the box. I just emailed them to you.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:04 PM

Thanks.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:32 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
these are a great prodcut and realy help with street driving stability
Old 03-29-2010, 03:54 AM

E63 AMG
Any other mods you recommend.

Just bought an E63 and wanted to know what other suspension mods do you recommend as a bang for buck. Does the ride stay the same with your kit here or does it get harsher. Also what other mods really open up the car.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
What kind of weight savings are we looking at over stock pieces? How much for install? Thank you!
Old 03-29-2010, 02:15 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

Originally Posted by WildDr805
Just bought an E63 and wanted to know what other suspension mods do you recommend as a bang for buck. Does the ride stay the same with your kit here or does it get harsher. Also what other mods really open up the car.
I assume you have a W211 E63? Ride is not harsher, but you will immediately realize the rear stability. The car is much more planted and rear end is more controllable. Wheel spacers on stock wheels help increase track for better grip.

You can find our power mods for this vehicle by downloading our Vehicle Product Guide for the 63 AMG here:

http://www.evosport.com/product/vehi.../MBZ_63AMG.pdf

One of our clients just did an independent dyno test on our 63 Power Pulley here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-2010-c63.html

Originally Posted by Thericker
What kind of weight savings are we looking at over stock pieces? How much for install? Thank you!
Weight savings is negligible. I believe stock is right over 3 lbs and our is right under 3 lbs. Install is 2 hours. We recommend an alignment to set rear toe after that.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:23 AM

E63 AMG
Good looking pieces though. What other components would you change to tighen up cornering but NOT AFFECT ride quality. The E63 really has MOOSHY steering feel. Any mods for this problem????
Old 04-08-2010, 10:00 AM

Got the pieces in, while not a major PITA to put in, they were a challenge with the exhaust somewhat in the way(at least for me).

They look really good, and, what I really liked was the reaction of my alignment guy. Jeff @ http://www.stokestirepros.com/ . He really thought they were sweet and is going to recommend them to some of his clients.(I pointed him to the webpage Simon )

Still haven't driven on them much so I can't post a review just yet.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
Got the pieces in, while not a major PITA to put in, they were a challenge with the exhaust somewhat in the way(at least for me).

They look really good, and, what I really liked was the reaction of my alignment guy. Jeff @ http://www.stokestirepros.com/ . He really thought they were sweet and is going to recommend them to some of his clients.(I pointed him to the webpage Simon )

Still haven't driven on them much so I can't post a review just yet.
Clavo, just following up with you on the stability kit. What do you think so far? Has it made a noticable difference? Anything rubbing up against it? OR is all fine and dandy?