Need helps on buying 211 E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 09:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 gone, 06 CLS55, 16 Tesla X
Need helps on buying 211 E55

Hi All,

I am in a market of buying one 03-05 (prefer 04-05). What is the price should I expect? and what problems (IC pump, 2nd air blower, etc) should I watch for?

Is 80K mile on 04 car too much?

I looking at a local one 04 80K mile for $20K. Does it sound right? (No extended warranty on the car)

Thanks,
Old 03-14-2010, 10:43 AM

His wife crazy
80K is high, but if the car has been well maintained, it does not matter as much. Don't rule out '03's with lower mileage, as the crappy nav is all that you would be missing, and you can easily swap out to a COMAND unit.

Depending on your budget, look around for a lower mileage car, with the options you want, before pulling the trigger
Old 03-14-2010, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
You get what you pay for and MOST high-mile cars are dogeared and worn (there are exceptions that are on this forum).

I would personally buy the lowest mile and cleanest car you can afford with disregard to age.

As an example...I am putting my 28K mile '03 up for sale in the next couple of weeks with 6 months of remaining factory CPO warranty and it looks as new inside and out as most '09 cars. EVERY option except Pano and Keyless Go, E63 front conversion, MP Sport Wheel with E63 paddle conversion, Eisenman exhaust, massive heat exchanger (just for starters) and no history of engine mods or drag racing.

So great cars do exist but you have to pay for them and mine won't be $20K. Frankly, I would say that most E55's worth owning are going to be $28K or more and that if you don't pay up front, you will pay down the road as these cars are far from low maintenance and proper care, maintenance, and low miles will have more to do with your future happiness then any other aspect of E55 purchasing and that is not an 80K mile car. If that is what you can afford, by a mint low mile C32 instead as those are also tremendous cars.

Good luck in your search...you will love your E55 when you get it!
Old 03-14-2010, 11:45 AM

03 C32 gone, 06 CLS55, 16 Tesla X
Than you X2Board

Originally Posted by Blacksport350
If that is what you can afford, by a mint low mile C32 instead as those are also tremendous cars.
Thank you, but I have aready had a far by "mint" C32.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
You get what you pay for and MOST high-mile cars are dogeared and worn (there are exceptions that are on this forum).

I would personally buy the lowest mile and cleanest car you can afford with disregard to age.

As an example...I am putting my 28K mile '03 up for sale in the next couple of weeks with 6 months of remaining factory CPO warranty and it looks as new inside and out as most '09 cars. EVERY option except Pano and Keyless Go, E63 front conversion, MP Sport Wheel with E63 paddle conversion, Eisenman exhaust, massive heat exchanger (just for starters) and no history of engine mods or drag racing.

So great cars do exist but you have to pay for them and mine won't be $20K. Frankly, I would say that most E55's worth owning are going to be $28K or more and that if you don't pay up front, you will pay down the road as these cars are far from low maintenance and proper care, maintenance, and low miles will have more to do with your future happiness then any other aspect of E55 purchasing and that is not an 80K mile car. If that is what you can afford, by a mint low mile C32 instead as those are also tremendous cars.

+1 There is no need to buy year in these 55s. Buy mileage and maintaince. Despite what people say, the differences are minimal and not noticable. I have had an 06 with 36k a 03 with 55k and now a 2004 with 34k. I bought each one for their prestine condition and low miles. They were all identical with the exceptions of options.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to contribute to this thread as I just purchased a 2005 at 78K miles. As many have stated and advised, one main factor you should consider is previous maintanance. I was able to acquire the entire vehicles service history and records (VMI) and was comforted in knowing the car was cared for and sold by one owner and dealer.

I pulled the trigger.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
Originally Posted by CLKCLK
Than you X2Board

Thank you, but I have aready had a far by "mint" C32.
Sorry, I didn't see that in your profile. In any event, I would stay away from an 80K mile car as it is likely to become expensive quickly.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C

would u be interested in selling that steering wheel?
even if u arent, please show me some pics!