V12Godspeed's EV12 Project by Speedriven

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Update on Speedriven's EV12...

It has been a while guys but it is not an easy task. Marcin finallyfinished Soulsearchers car so my car is up next for some work, its a big project and patience is key.
This week we are working on the lubrication system. The Motor I bought was from a CL600 which means that both oil pan (upper and lower), pump, windage tray, tube system, drainage etc has to be moved towards the back as opposed to the front where the CL has it.

Nearly 2K+ worth of parts have been ordered just for this little fiasco..., Marcin receives them tomorrow and planning on putting her together soon. In the meantime I took the calipers off and sent them to HMS in cali...we got a little creative thanks to Marcin's genious thought and we ended up with a nice little design for the brake calipers. I presented the Idea to Ed over at HMS and the guy blew me away with the quality of his paint and the way it came out...I am in Awe. , Thanks Ed!

Want to thank Sun also (benzoboi) we have been in touch quite some time about color etc...we decided to go with these..
More updates this weekend after the motor has been put together. For now enjoy some pictures. Better pictures will come this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails V12Godspeed's EV12 Project by Speedriven-calipers.jpg  
Old 05-26-2010, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
Sweet color with the reflective lettering! Good luck finishing your monster up, I cannot wait to see it when it is all done and cleaned up....
Old 05-26-2010, 11:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This should be really fast I'm guessing how well will all the features in the car work ? The trans should work fine there basically or the same for the e55 and the cl600 ! Very nice. idea !
Old 05-27-2010, 12:18 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
It has been a while guys but it is not an easy task. Marcin finallyfinished Soulsearchers car so my car is up next for some work, its a big project and patience is key.
This week we are working on the lubrication system. The Motor I bought was from a CL600 which means that both oil pan (upper and lower), pump, windage tray, tube system, drainage etc has to be moved towards the back as opposed to the front where the CL has it.

Nearly 2K+ worth of parts have been ordered just for this little fiasco..., Marcin receives them tomorrow and planning on putting her together soon. In the meantime I took the calipers off and sent them to HMS in cali...we got a little creative thanks to Marcin's genious thought and we ended up with a nice little design for the brake calipers. I presented the Idea to Ed over at HMS and the guy blew me away with the quality of his paint and the way it came out...I am in Awe. , Thanks Ed!

Want to thank Sun also (benzoboi) we have been in touch quite some time about color etc...we decided to go with these..
More updates this weekend after the motor has been put together. For now enjoy some pictures. Better pictures will come this weekend.
Can't say this enough....Can't wait to see yer car up and running my friend!

Brake color is off the hook too!
Old 05-27-2010, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
So glad this thread is getting a little love. Can't wait to see some progress in the next few weeks.

The calipers are money! Love the script.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo

Nice work Jody! Gotta LOL @ you & Clay w/the V12 BITURBO emblems everywhere Though your idea from Marcin, is kinda cool
Old 05-27-2010, 03:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport

Looks great man and +10000 about Ed... the guy is first class all the way
Old 05-27-2010, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Jody sorry to chime in late...congrats on this undertaking bro!!! I love seeing innovation and I had a few very nice chats with Marcin as he is also an out of box thinker. Definately looking forward to meeting you sometime at MIR. Hopefully you can run that awesome E-v12 out before the end of the year!
Old 05-27-2010, 04:22 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Oh Wow Sick idea for calipers
Old 05-27-2010, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Awesome news Jody! I just posted that we had not had an update in awhile and was wondering if you got stuck on the ECU.

Glad to hear it's moving forward!!

Can't wait to see AND hear it!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:06 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
Love the calipers!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Wow nice build!
Old 05-27-2010, 09:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C204, W209, W164
Those calipers are beautiful!
Is it a deep blue or purple?

Do you also plan on painting the car aswell? Or keeping it as is?

Good luck on the build. Always checking back every once in a while!
Old 05-27-2010, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Brakes look awesome, Jody. Gives me an idea....

Originally Posted by Thericker
Nice work Jody! Gotta LOL @ you & Clay w/the V12 BITURBO emblems everywhere Though your idea from Marcin, is kinda cool

Come on now, I've only got one. Beats having a "V12 bisexual" badge, that's for sure.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama

Come on now, I've only got one. Beats having a "V12 bisexual" badge, that's for sure.
hehe... You got 1 on the boot too I saw your pix before
Old 05-28-2010, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by Mrbig
This should be really fast I'm guessing how well will all the features in the car work ? The trans should work fine there basically or the same for the e55 and the cl600 ! Very nice. idea !
We are looking to keep all functions and driveability of the car. Trans are different on the V12's.

Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Can't say this enough....Can't wait to see yer car up and running my friend!

Brake color is off the hook too!
Thanks Sun! Pretty soon...

Originally Posted by tgoss
So glad this thread is getting a little love. Can't wait to see some progress in the next few weeks.

The calipers are money! Love the script.
Thanks, Ed at HMS..

Originally Posted by Thericker
Jealousy is no good, go get your own.., If you have why not flaunt it...I love posing as a poser..

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Looks great man and +10000 about Ed... the guy is first class all the way
Thanks Man. Ed is definitely a stand up guy. Recommend him to anyone!

Originally Posted by Sunir
Jody sorry to chime in late...congrats on this undertaking bro!!! I love seeing innovation and I had a few very nice chats with Marcin as he is also an out of box thinker. Definately looking forward to meeting you sometime at MIR. Hopefully you can run that awesome E-v12 out before the end of the year!
Marcin is tremendously talented. The guy is a doctor when it comes to these V12's. I see speedriven doing great things for the MB community. I hope to see you soon at MIR too.

Originally Posted by Gondon
Oh Wow Sick idea for calipers
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Awesome news Jody! I just posted that we had not had an update in awhile and was wondering if you got stuck on the ECU.

Glad to hear it's moving forward!!

Can't wait to see AND hear it!
Thanks Jim! We will know if we get stuck with the ECU but thanks to marcin at Speedriven, he knows the techinical aspect and what needs to be done in order for it to work flawlesly. If he says he can do it, I trust he can do it. in a few weeks we will know for sure. Keep an eye on the thread.

Originally Posted by Tech-Tune
Love the calipers!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Infamouz
Those calipers are beautiful!
Is it a deep blue or purple?

Do you also plan on painting the car aswell? Or keeping it as is?

Good luck on the build. Always checking back every once in a while!
Thanks, they are deep blue..the light reflects it differently. Car will remain white as it sits...and will remain very stock in the outside.

Originally Posted by Max.H
Wow nice build!
Thanks! Almost there.

Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Thanks Bro, you are always full of ideas...what you got up your sleeves..LOL
Old 07-31-2010, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Update

Well just thought I might give an update...car will be turning key in roughly 2 weeks. My B-day is in Ausgust and I am literally begging Marcin to have it by then. It has not been an easy task but it is looking good. He sent me a few shots of the BBS LM's since we put them on the car he says it looks killer. I can't wait...it's my Big 30!!! I am celebrating it with a BANG!

FYI..Calipers are not on yet...
Attached Thumbnails V12Godspeed's EV12 Project by Speedriven-bbs-lm1.jpg   V12Godspeed's EV12 Project by Speedriven-bbs-lm2.jpg   V12Godspeed's EV12 Project by Speedriven-bbs-lm3.jpg   V12Godspeed's EV12 Project by Speedriven-bbs-lm4.jpg  
Old 07-31-2010, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Well just thought I might give an update...car will be turning key in roughly 2 weeks. My B-day is in Ausgust and I am literally begging Marcin to have it by then. It has not been an easy task but it is looking good. He sent me a few shots of the BBS LM's since we put them on the car he says it looks killer. I can't wait...it's my Big 30!!! I am celebrating it with a BANG!

Looks stunning! I hope everything works out for the best and you get your bday present!
Old 07-31-2010, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
What a present! Can't wait to see and HEAR this thing brotha!

Still stunned that Marcin got that ECU/TCU to play nice.

Old 08-01-2010, 12:59 AM

looking for e55
whoa... so whats hp are you targeting into? that calipers along with the LM look sick!
Old 08-01-2010, 04:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts
2020 AMG GT-R PRO
Old 08-01-2010, 07:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cornfed gtr and m3
That is going to be a long two weeks for you!! Can not wait to see this beast in action. Also, the LMs look great!
Old 08-01-2010, 12:53 PM

CLS55 & CL CK60
If this works out for u I think I might be in the market for a v12tt engine. Anybody want a 55k motor rebuilt custom making over 650hp?
Old 08-01-2010, 01:40 PM

SRT-6
Subscribing
Old 08-01-2010, 04:11 PM
SGC

2006 CL65

Congrats Jody and Happy B-day (a little early).

Just caught this thread.

Wish you and Marcin the best with the project - should be a monster.

9 sec ETs are easily in reach.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V12Godspeed's EV12 Project by Speedriven