V12Godspeed's EV12 Project by Speedriven

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by SGC
Congrats Jody and Happy B-day (a little early).

Just caught this thread.

Wish you and Marcin the best with the project - should be a monster.

9 sec ETs are easily in reach.

hmmmm, it will be fast but 9's???

He could capture the record but running 9s aint happening
Old 08-01-2010, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Looks stunning! I hope everything works out for the best and you get your bday present!
Thanks Sun!!

Originally Posted by Jakpro1
What a present! Can't wait to see and HEAR this thing brotha!

Still stunned that Marcin got that ECU/TCU to play nice.

Thanks Jim! We will find out within the next week or so. Keep fingers crossed. Speedriven is on the map....I can't stop saying how talented Marcin is.

Originally Posted by jhoffman
whoa... so whats hp are you targeting into? that calipers along with the LM look sick!
Thanks. I can't really pin point yet...but I am after a lot. What ever gets me into the 9's.

Originally Posted by ShangoAshe
Thanks.

Originally Posted by 930chas
That is going to be a long two weeks for you!! Can not wait to see this beast in action. Also, the LMs look great!
Thanks. 2 weeks will look like an eternity. I have waited nearly 8 Months. what's another 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by beauphus
If this works out for u I think I might be in the market for a v12tt engine. Anybody want a 55k motor rebuilt custom making over 650hp?
I told you, you might as well do it. Time and Patience are key.

Originally Posted by SGC
Congrats Jody and Happy B-day (a little early).

Just caught this thread.

Wish you and Marcin the best with the project - should be a monster.

9 sec ETs are easily in reach.
Thanks Steve. 9's is a very ambitious target we have set but with the upgraded turbos and some nice slicks, either it breaks or it makes it. We shall find out by september.

Originally Posted by juicee63

You want to put some gravy on that?...$$$ j/k..
If it doesnt happen I will be very dissapointed, but the sole reason I made this project was with the intention of running 9s all day. If I wanted 10's I would have gotten the regular bolt on's and kept the 55 motor.

I am a firm believer in saying you havent run an ET until you run that ET, therefore I wont make any predictions.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo

W/upgraded turbos & supporting mods it'll be laying down 750 rwhp, coupled w/4300 lb odd race weight should be interesting
Old 08-01-2010, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Looks fresh man! Best of luck pulling the rest of her together
Old 08-01-2010, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Wow Jody you are NUTZ!!

I Love it.

Whilst I have no doubt this will be fast as heck,
I do not , or at least have never seen a modern MB defeat the throttle by wire, the tq limitations in the TCU..

It will take a ton of work to run your car into the 9's , even 1000 hp wont matter. How do you get out of the box with 750hp, your going to need alot of help. look at Ahmad, his car is much much lighter, his launch is hard as they come and yer talking bout waxing him by a half second? Beating Alan by 7/10ths? Taking out Seldon by 1/2 second, his car certainly had some serious hp.. I suppose with a perfect run in very low DA, you could go 10.20
Old 08-02-2010, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Wow Jody you are NUTZ!!

I Love it.

Whilst I have no doubt this will be fast as heck,
I do not , or at least have never seen a modern MB defeat the throttle by wire, the tq limitations in the TCU..

It will take a ton of work to run your car into the 9's , even 1000 hp wont matter. How do you get out of the box with 750hp, your going to need alot of help. look at Ahmad, his car is much much lighter, his launch is hard as they come and yer talking bout waxing him by a half second? Beating Alan by 7/10ths? Taking out Seldon by 1/2 second, his car certainly had some serious hp.. I suppose with a perfect run in very low DA, you could go 10.20
I agree, thats why I dont want to spit up and it fall on my face, LOL..

take this in perspective, my weighted in roguhly 4700 lbs and when it ran it was not the "final" tune, it was the first developed tune by VRP and Marcin at that time. It was considered a fat tune (safe). With the new improvements and developments they have made it is possible to take a whack at it.

The E is much lighter and will have some good power. For now let's just make her run first, then we will see what happens with power delivery.

Last edited by V12Godspeed; 08-02-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
I agree, thats why I dont want to spit up and it fall on my face, LOL..

take this in perspective, my weighted in roguhly 4700 lbs and when it ran it was not the "final" tune, it was the first developed tune by VRP and Marcin at that time. It was considered a fat tune (safe). With the new improvements and developments they have made it is possible to take a whack at it.

The E is much lighter and will have some good power. For now let's just make her run first, then we will see what happens with power delivery. :Y
Exactly! Get the car running good and healthy then worry about breaking records. There's no doubt your beast will be giving some of us a smack down but I'm sure you'll run into a few weak links along the way. I also wonder what the weight distribution factor will do to the car with the heavier engine up front....possibly traction issues?

Either way Jody that cars going to be a fricken beast!!! Good luck and I'll check back in a couple of weeks.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Exactly! Get the car running good and healthy then worry about breaking records. There's no doubt your beast will be giving some of us a smack down but I'm sure you'll run into a few weak links along the way. I also wonder what the weight distribution factor will do to the car with the heavier engine up front....possibly traction issues?

Either way Jody that cars going to be a fricken beast!!! Good luck and I'll check back in a couple of weeks.
Absolutely. Not too worried about the weight distribution as Barbus stuff a V12 in the C class and it is even more lighter than the E. Should be a few pounds heavier in the front but no biggie. My most fearful factor is breaking axle and breaking the differential. We shall see.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Just out of curiosity, has Marcin compared the rear differential and driveline in the E55 to a 65's? I was wondering if there was any noticeable difference between them. You read the AMG literature and they talk about how they beefed things up....just wondering what the actual difference is between the 55K and V12 Biturbo driveline.

As you said, the limiting factor is going to be the launch. I think having additional weight up front isn't going to help the weight transfer to the rear. You shouldn't compare a Brabus set-up with what you are trying to accomplish. They only care about Autobahn acceleration... you are trying to optimize a drag strip launch...two completely different things.

I think if you can get down below a 6.5s 1/8 mile time....and trap a 140+mph... a 9.99s ET is definitely possible. Good luck!

Tom
Old 08-02-2010, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by TMC M5
Just out of curiosity, has Marcin compared the rear differential and driveline in the E55 to a 65's? I was wondering if there was any noticeable difference between them. You read the AMG literature and they talk about how they beefed things up....just wondering what the actual difference is between the 55K and V12 Biturbo driveline.

As you said, the limiting factor is going to be the launch. I think having additional weight up front isn't going to help the weight transfer to the rear. You shouldn't compare a Brabus set-up with what you are trying to accomplish. They only care about Autobahn acceleration... you are trying to optimize a drag strip launch...two completely different things.

I think if you can get down below a 6.5s 1/8 mile time....and trap a 140+mph... a 9.99s ET is definitely possible. Good luck!

Tom
Thanks Tom, I forgot you are the literature guru (Brabus) . They have something called Anti-dive Geometry axles and Anti Squat- Axles...what ever that means. LOL.

You bring up a good point on the rear differential. I believe I spoke to Marcin about this and we could not determine if the driveline was indeed the same. We will have to do some research on this and get back with updates. I would think the 600 would share similar parts with the 55's. in terms of the 65 that is a different game, If I do brake something I would not mind trying the 65 parts.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
9's may be tough but not impossible (especially with Marcin working on your car) not due to hp or tq but due to traction. I discussed this w/ Marcin myself...he says if you look at the 55 and 65, even though the 65 has more tq and even if we are talking around the same levels of hp (now I'm assuming modded cars here - to the level of bolt ons and tune) ...at the end of the day we're talking 10's for both cars and around the same levels of 10's...now on the highway different story the 65 will have legs up top. The thing with the drag strip is just that the launch and getting the car to really work good for that initial peak acceleration. The SC on the 55 does that well and although the v12TT will have more power/tq it's more than likely not going to get the kind of traction it needs...it takes a lot to harness the power and tq it makes. Marcin calls it "usable" power and torque which is most important in drag racing. Every time I talk to that guy I learn new things
Old 08-02-2010, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Sunir
9's may be tough but not impossible (especially with Marcin working on your car) not due to hp or tq but due to traction. I discussed this w/ Marcin myself...he says if you look at the 55 and 65, even though the 65 has more tq and even if we are talking around the same levels of hp (now I'm assuming modded cars here - to the level of bolt ons and tune) ...at the end of the day we're talking 10's for both cars and around the same levels of 10's...now on the highway different story the 65 will have legs up top. The thing with the drag strip is just that the launch and getting the car to really work good for that initial peak acceleration. The SC on the 55 does that well and although the v12TT will have more power/tq it's more than likely not going to get the kind of traction it needs...it takes a lot to harness the power and tq it makes. Marcin calls it "usable" power and torque which is most important in drag racing. Every time I talk to that guy I learn new things
These may help change that traction prob, up until now every other 65/600 has run dwn the 1320' w/18" Drag setups...

These are 16" 255/50 (65's can ONLY run 18" whls due to having the largest rear rotors, but the 55/600 share same rotor sizing & enables 16" setups)

Custom RED lettering by me...
Attached Thumbnails V12Godspeed's EV12 Project by Speedriven-0707002156.jpg  

Last edited by Thericker; 08-02-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by Thericker
These may help change that traction prob, up until now every other 65/600 has run dwn the 1320' w/18" Drag setups...

These are 16" 255/50 (65's can ONLY run 18" whls due to having the largest rear rotors, but the 55/600 share same rotor sizing & enables 16" setups)

Please send me the recipe. Nice set up.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by Sunir
+1 Agree with you Sunir. At this point I just want the thing to turn the key. After that I will start going to the strip and testing the waters to see where the limit lies. Thanks.

Marcin is indeed very talented, Speedriven is accomplishing great things.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:07 AM

CLS55 & CL CK60
Originally Posted by Thericker

mine are on the way to Edison as we speak
Old 08-03-2010, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Ricker...the 16" hoosier drag radials (255's) or same size Mickey T's will of course help with mechanical grip or traction. However there will still be slip, even with stickies...the v12tt has to translate a lot of power and tq so it's "effective usage" even with drag radials is not greater than a 55's. In other words there is a limit to the amount of load that can be translated to grip, anything above that is irrelevent...given the setup and the inherent constriant of the chassis. Marcin and I discussed this and are in agreement in terms of both theory and practicality models.

One of the real problems with these cars are the rear suspension and geometry thereof. Wheel hop/axle wrap is an issue, also camber gain. the independent rear suspension as a whole is not conductive to hard launches.

Now lets say you had a modded v12tt, what you would really need to harness that power/tq is a 4 link rear suspension with adjustable hiem joint ends with a solid axle housing a locker or a spool. Furthermore if you had the rears tubbed with real 13" drag slicks...then you could harness the true potential of the v12tt

The mercedes street car rear suspension and chassis dynamics are the weakest link when it comes to drag racing these cars. MB made the cars for high speed driving which they do very well. Because these cars make so much power and torque does not mean that we can harness all of it in a drag race situation (and this is without traction aid like Launch control), in fact the usable levels of power/tq that can be translated across the board are similar, because the similarity in rear suspension dynamics set forth the limits of usability.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
^^^ All I need is a 1.6 60 footer to get me close. take a look at the launch on my Sig, while it was not performed by me but a veteran driver, it is doable in private track rentals and an excellent track prep.

In that video it cut a 1.5 60 footer....the thing hooked like there is no tomorrow. From my understanding the 55's have a better drag set up than the CL. It squats better and the weight transfer should be even better. No ABC suspension here but Airmatic. The car ran 265-40's MT,s you could literally hear the tires sticking to the VHT ...did I say the car was putting north of 900 rwtq...Seems to have harnessed the torque pretty well to me.

This conversation could go on and on...once the car is on...the next day it's going to a strip. We will find out....Like Leonidas said "Immortals??...we put their name to the test' ...
Old 08-03-2010, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
^^^ All I need is a 1.6 60 footer to get me close. take a look at the launch on my Sig, while it was not performed by me but a veteran driver, it is doable in private track rentals and an excellent track prep.

In that video it cut a 1.5 60 footer....the thing hooked like there is no tomorrow. From my understanding the 55's have a better drag set up than the CL. It squats better and the weight transfer should be even better. No ABC suspension here but Airmatic. The car ran 265-40's MT,s you could literally hear the tires sticking to the VHT ...did I say the car was putting north of 900 rwtq...Seems to have harnessed the torque pretty well to me.

This conversation could go on and on...once the car is on...the next day it's going to a strip. We will find out....Like Leonidas said "Immortals??...we put their name to the test' ...
What's the matter...you forgot Jay's name???

Tom
Old 08-03-2010, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by TMC M5
What's the matter...you forgot Jay's name???

Tom
Not at all. Just didnt see the need since half the world knows he performed the run.

Last edited by V12Godspeed; 08-03-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SLK55AMG, SL600
Your project is moving right along, should be a killer car when done.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:42 AM

Slow
Originally Posted by OUTCAST
I see your from OK, I live in Lawton.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E63
Very nice project. If you've done any drag racing you know that going from 11s to 10s is a bit of work. But going from 10s to 9s is significantly more work in any car. I think ~750rwhp will not be enough for a 4000lb car to dabble into 9s.

Best of luck to you. Are there a lot of E55s in 10s right now? Sorry I'm new to the Benz scene.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by ZHOUND
Very nice project. If you've done any drag racing you know that going from 11s to 10s is a bit of work. But going from 10s to 9s is significantly more work in any car. I think ~750rwhp will not be enough for a 4000lb car to dabble into 9s.

Best of luck to you. Are there a lot of E55s in 10s right now? Sorry I'm new to the Benz scene.
only a few...but at least we now have a recipe.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by chiromikey
only a few...but at least we now have a recipe.
And I think soon, we may even see an E55 overtake the current Mercedes record of 10.5x
Old 08-19-2010, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by OUTCAST
sounds good...waiting is a hard ordeal. I think with the E chassis and v12TT once the bugs are worked out this car may have a shot to go 9's but it's still going to be a challenge due to the power needed to drop from 10's to 9's will be steep exponential. Plus the car is over 4000 lbs and the does not have the best aero characterisitics, and the issue of wheel hop/traction/and launch will be a factor. Best of luck Jody!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V12Godspeed's EV12 Project by Speedriven