My Blown Motor Story

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
My Blown Motor Story

I would like to first say a few things before I get into the details of my thread. I have avoided doing this for a number of reasons; out of respect, not wanting to deal with drama, not having the time, etc. Unfortunately, because of being written off and downright insulted by Eurocharged not only on the board, in PMs, on the phone, etc I can no longer hold my silence.

Almost every single product LET/Eurocharged offers was tested and developed on my former 2003 E55 AMG (And I also paid just under full price for every product). My car was at both of your shops for weeks at a time, without any schedule, timeframes, completion time, etc., and I never complained once. I enjoyed helping, but my efforts were apparently fruitless, at least for me. I considered all of you, Jerry, Jake, Tony, Andy, Wayne, and Nazar good friends and never wanted to hurt your business even though we had our problems. I even gave you my expensive DJ equipment to use for your Hot Import Nights event without any questions or repayment, and drove you around since your cars were in the show so that we may stay civil to each other, despite our differences. However, with the response you gave about my car on here, and what people I trust have told me they’ve been told by you, I see your true intention was never about friendship or customer service in any way. It is very hard to lose my trust as I always give the benefit of the doubt, but I have been betrayed enough by you and your “shops.”

Here is my story:

First, The previous thread that was about a different car with a blown engine was deleted by the OP, whom never named any names, but simply wanted to give people a reality check that tuning can have consequences if done incorrectly, because I asked him to. It was not due to any mis-information in the thread. Everything that was said was true. After a conversation with the OP we decided that the amount of effort that would be required to address all of the completely false information that was being presented was not worth our effort. Every person must make their own decisions after doing their research, and are stuck with the consequences. I reserve my right to post my opinion and allow others to learn from it.

My car had your 180mm pulley on it, (which was only after countless failures on the dyno due to the pulley and/or install by Eurocharged). We left the shop and the car blew up on the highway. You say it was due to the car having a stock file on it with a 180 pulley. There are many people that have run a 180 pulley without a tune, on the dyno, on the street, and even down the track! So the supposed “stock file”, was not. The car was barely repaired, with me personally having to come out of pocket a lot of money on more than one occasion (thousands in total). The repair/replacement of the motor was mediocre at best, and after multiple times trying to get it fixed, I spent even more out of pocket to get it running right by taking it to people who have knowledge about repairing these engines (which, I must add, was no one who had anything to do with your shop). Just the fact that you have the audacity to say it was my fault shows what kind of company you are, blaming the customer even though you were in control of the car the entire time, and threatening me over text messages does not help either. I need to be blunt, and what you tell people over PM's and phone conversations about my car and myself is insulting. You said that my car's engine failure was due to a clogged oil passageway to another member here. When has that ever been brought up since the incident happened! Your story changes by the month, to the point where I don’t even know what your current explanation is! I'm sorry, but your explanation is a complete and blatant lie. My car was completely under your control the entire time. There was never a mention of an "oil passageway problem" because that never occurred. I was your shop car for a very long time. I couldn't even tell you how much in gas I spent in my car and my friend's cars that would give me rides to the shop for false promises and lies about when the car was going to be done. The repair on my engine was awful. You say that you helped me out by taking care of my car and getting a new engine installed. In truth, what happened is that I lost a car for 12 weeks, and got back something that did not even closely resemble my car. It ran hot and leaked everywhere (even though you and your dealer tech deny it). It was filthy, it looked like hell, and it was a disgrace. I lost my car for a lot of events I would have loved to have participated in, and when I got it back, it did not even work correctly! I took it to a real certified Mercedes tech, and he fixed the car to an actual running state, again out of my pocket. You did me no favors, and I am insulted again that you believe that you did. You did not let me take pictures of the damage because you told me you believe that your tech would be in trouble if something got out about it... now I realize why you didn't, a little bit of damage control insurance. I will put in more details of how it was handled if necessary.

Finally, I even gave you the benefit of the doubt again when you could not return the money from one of the pulley's I bought and got to use. So you offered a new pulley. I really did not want it, but everyone can fall on hard times and I understood it is hard to put together cash sometimes, so I said fine. It was installed at your shop by Eurocharged. This is something that again, you lied about to other members here. It is beside me that you blatantly lied again to save face, especially something that can be disproven as easy as the pulley install with paperwork. Shortly after the pulley was installed, while driving on the highway, the car lost power and a lot of warning lights came on. I pulled over to see the pulley had completely disassembled itself. I had to car towed to my dealer because I needed the car to be fixed properly and in a timely manner, and it was. They made the repair bill as small as possible and clearly highlighted everything that had happened with it. I brought all of the parts over to your shop to be looked at, and asked for a reimbursement since the problem was clearly caused by the pulley. I was told, by your shop, that the pulley failed because the idler pulley stopped, transferred that energy (apparently through the belt) to the CRANKSHAFT of the car, and caused the pulley to catastrophically fail. This is exactly what I was told. It is physically impossible to have that happen. After more negotiating, I finally was reimbursed the costs of the parts and pulley, but not for labor. Eurocharged believed that I should have taken the car to them first, but I stand by my statement that they could not properly repair it nor would any sane person, after the treatment I had received, trust you ever again. It goes to show that no good deed goes unpunished, and even after using what little faith I had left in you to install another pulley, another KABOOM. So once again, I ate the cost out of my pocket again. I have pictures of the entire event, and problem if need be.
There are more small events that occurred, but these are the ones that I really need to tell.

This is my story and I hope everyone can draw their own opinions from it. I do not have my car anymore, and fortunately before I sold it I was able to get it running well, so I have no reason here other than to protect other members of the community for writing this. Some of you may notice there are MANY members here in the Midwest that do NOT use Eurocharged products, and I can tell you it is for a reason. It’s not just my story, its many others that don’t make it onto the forums. I have nothing to gain from posting this, I merely feel it is time for the truth to be told.

Aleks
Old 03-17-2010, 01:40 PM

Received 70 Likes on 51 Posts
'19 G63 Ed 1,'18 M5, '16 G63,'12 458 , '11 E63, Brabus SL55-K8, '10 S63, '94 E500 "Wolf", '91 560SEC
Thanks for the post, love the idler pulley excuse.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
Truly shocking.
Thanks for the post and your efforts to advance our platform. Sorry it didn't work out (to say the least).
Old 03-17-2010, 01:55 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Aleks- tell the truth now....

Aleks,

Are you seriously kidding me with this?
You wanna tell the whole truth now for once and not just try to make everything look really bad for us as you as your friends have been attempting to do?
The other thead that you asked "your friend" to post regarding a failed engine repair that was a "tuning" issue. It was well documented that our tech screwed up the head install by mercedes. He blocked the oil return and look what happened. (not on your car aleks) So stop playing games and taking things deliberately out of context.
As far as your car-
All of us know, including people that are not part of Eurocharged that were there during the whole process that you decided to race wayne and get the car up to 130+mph speeds on the expressway. You had the car that day at mercedes and they flashed your ecu . Wayne did not have a tune ready for you that night and said to take it easy on the car. WE ALL HEARD IT, once again even people not associated with eurocharged. YOU KNOW DAMN WELL YOU WERE RUNNING A STOCK TUNE.
Was your car modified beyond the 180mm pulley aleks. HUMMMM yes!
You were a friend. You participed in a car program that gave you the newest products and agreed to be part of that now didn't you. Did you get a discount on stuff. Yes you did now didnt you.
When you problem happened we paid to have the car towed to us to look at now didn't we. And also you were not happy with the repairs huh.
WHO REPAIRED THE CAR WITH YOUR NEW ENGINE THAT YOU DIDNT PAY FOR? Oh ya the MERCEDES DEALERSHIP. You took it to a real certified Mercedes tech, so the ones at the dealership you had it repaired at were???????? And our tech? At what point is Bryan a representative or even associated with Eurocharged. Oh ya he's not. Nice try again at a lie.
You wanna tell all your friends the truth about your story for once? You know all the "midwest" people that hate us that you are friends with?

Now on to your pulley. Did we help you out with that? Yup, because it could have possibly been a problem a problem with the install on the only tech we had that has now been let go and working for a competitor. Does our warranty policy explicitly state that we are not responsible for that kind of issue. Yes it does.

Stop playing games, your not helping anyone.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 w211 E55
Hey aleks sorry to heat what happen man. You sound a lot like me. Nice guys finish last man! I see ur posts very frequent and u seem like a very respectable person. Sorry this happened to you.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P-Carro
Originally Posted by aleksandar1099
I would like to first say a few things before I get into the details of my thread. I have avoided doing this for a number of reasons; out of respect, not wanting to deal with drama, not having the time, etc. Unfortunately, because of being written off and downright insulted by Eurocharged not only on the board, in PMs, on the phone, etc I can no longer hold my silence.

Almost every single product LET/Eurocharged offers was tested and developed on my former 2003 E55 AMG (And I also paid just under full price for every product). My car was at both of your shops for weeks at a time, without any schedule, timeframes, completion time, etc., and I never complained once. I enjoyed helping, but my efforts were apparently fruitless, at least for me. I considered all of you, Jerry, Jake, Tony, Andy, Wayne, and Nazar good friends and never wanted to hurt your business even though we had our problems. I even gave you my expensive DJ equipment to use for your Hot Import Nights event without any questions or repayment, and drove you around since your cars were in the show so that we may stay civil to each other, despite our differences. However, with the response you gave about my car on here, and what people I trust have told me they’ve been told by you, I see your true intention was never about friendship or customer service in any way. It is very hard to lose my trust as I always give the benefit of the doubt, but I have been betrayed enough by you and your “shops.”

Here is my story:

First, The previous thread that was about a different car with a blown engine was deleted by the OP, whom never named any names, but simply wanted to give people a reality check that tuning can have consequences if done incorrectly, because I asked him to. It was not due to any mis-information in the thread. Everything that was said was true. After a conversation with the OP we decided that the amount of effort that would be required to address all of the completely false information that was being presented was not worth our effort. Every person must make their own decisions after doing their research, and are stuck with the consequences. I reserve my right to post my opinion and allow others to learn from it.

My car had your 180mm pulley on it, (which was only after countless failures on the dyno due to the pulley and/or install by Eurocharged). We left the shop and the car blew up on the highway. You say it was due to the car having a stock file on it with a 180 pulley. There are many people that have run a 180 pulley without a tune, on the dyno, on the street, and even down the track! So the supposed “stock file”, was not. The car was barely repaired, with me personally having to come out of pocket a lot of money on more than one occasion (thousands in total). The repair/replacement of the motor was mediocre at best, and after multiple times trying to get it fixed, I spent even more out of pocket to get it running right by taking it to people who have knowledge about repairing these engines (which, I must add, was no one who had anything to do with your shop). Just the fact that you have the audacity to say it was my fault shows what kind of company you are, blaming the customer even though you were in control of the car the entire time, and threatening me over text messages does not help either. I need to be blunt, and what you tell people over PM's and phone conversations about my car and myself is insulting. You said that my car's engine failure was due to a clogged oil passageway to another member here. When has that ever been brought up since the incident happened! Your story changes by the month, to the point where I don’t even know what your current explanation is! I'm sorry, but your explanation is a complete and blatant lie. My car was completely under your control the entire time. There was never a mention of an "oil passageway problem" because that never occurred. I was your shop car for a very long time. I couldn't even tell you how much in gas I spent in my car and my friend's cars that would give me rides to the shop for false promises and lies about when the car was going to be done. The repair on my engine was awful. You say that you helped me out by taking care of my car and getting a new engine installed. In truth, what happened is that I lost a car for 12 weeks, and got back something that did not even closely resemble my car. It ran hot and leaked everywhere (even though you and your dealer tech deny it). It was filthy, it looked like hell, and it was a disgrace. I lost my car for a lot of events I would have loved to have participated in, and when I got it back, it did not even work correctly! I took it to a real certified Mercedes tech, and he fixed the car to an actual running state, again out of my pocket. You did me no favors, and I am insulted again that you believe that you did. You did not let me take pictures of the damage because you told me you believe that your tech would be in trouble if something got out about it... now I realize why you didn't, a little bit of damage control insurance. I will put in more details of how it was handled if necessary.

Finally, I even gave you the benefit of the doubt again when you could not return the money from one of the pulley's I bought and got to use. So you offered a new pulley. I really did not want it, but everyone can fall on hard times and I understood it is hard to put together cash sometimes, so I said fine. It was installed at your shop by Eurocharged. This is something that again, you lied about to other members here. It is beside me that you blatantly lied again to save face, especially something that can be disproven as easy as the pulley install with paperwork. Shortly after the pulley was installed, while driving on the highway, the car lost power and a lot of warning lights came on. I pulled over to see the pulley had completely disassembled itself. I had to car towed to my dealer because I needed the car to be fixed properly and in a timely manner, and it was. They made the repair bill as small as possible and clearly highlighted everything that had happened with it. I brought all of the parts over to your shop to be looked at, and asked for a reimbursement since the problem was clearly caused by the pulley. I was told, by your shop, that the pulley failed because the idler pulley stopped, transferred that energy (apparently through the belt) to the CRANKSHAFT of the car, and caused the pulley to catastrophically fail. This is exactly what I was told. It is physically impossible to have that happen. After more negotiating, I finally was reimbursed the costs of the parts and pulley, but not for labor. Eurocharged believed that I should have taken the car to them first, but I stand by my statement that they could not properly repair it nor would any sane person, after the treatment I had received, trust you ever again. It goes to show that no good deed goes unpunished, and even after using what little faith I had left in you to install another pulley, another KABOOM. So once again, I ate the cost out of my pocket again. I have pictures of the entire event, and problem if need be.
There are more small events that occurred, but these are the ones that I really need to tell.

This is my story and I hope everyone can draw their own opinions from it. I do not have my car anymore, and fortunately before I sold it I was able to get it running well, so I have no reason here other than to protect other members of the community for writing this. Some of you may notice there are MANY members here in the Midwest that do NOT use Eurocharged products, and I can tell you it is for a reason. It’s not just my story, its many others that don’t make it onto the forums. I have nothing to gain from posting this, I merely feel it is time for the truth to be told.

Aleks
Wow.. I have always seen and liked you signature picture since the car resembles mine but to think there is so much behind it... Looks like your car went through hell and came back twice

But that is a feeling guys have to go through to know how painful it actually is.....its like cancer, you never expect it to hit but when it does you say why me?

Good luck man!! I know you'll have great things coming your way!!
Old 03-17-2010, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
My only question here is the durability of the new pulley, is there a problem with it? Mine is arriving today with installation possibly this weekend, but certainly not if there is a question as to what is going on. Not trying to stir up anything, just trying to avoid getting stuck hundreds of miles from home is all-and avoid any motor damage. Thanks,
Old 03-17-2010, 02:08 PM

2006 E55 2003 ML55 2007 VW V10TDI
Originally Posted by loungn14
Aleks,

You wanna tell the whole truth now for once and not just try to make everything look really bad for us as you as your friends have been attempting to do?
The other thead that you asked "your friend" to post regarding a failed engine repair that was a "tuning" issue. It was well documented that our tech screwed up the head install by mercedes. He blocked the oil return and look what happened. (not on your car aleks) So stop playing games and taking things deliberately out of context.
As far as your car-
All of us know, including people that are not part of Eurocharged that were there during the whole process that you decided to race wayne and get the car up to 130+mph speeds on the expressway. You had the car that day at mercedes and they flashed your ecu . Wayne did not have a tune ready for you that night and said to take it easy on the car. WE ALL HEARD IT, once again even people not associated with eurocharged. YOU KNOW DAMN WELL YOU WERE RUNNING A STOCK TUNE.
You were a friend. You participed in a car program that gave you the newest products and agreed to be part of that now didn't you. Did you get a discount on stuff. Yes you did now didnt you.
When you problem happened we paid to have the car towed to us to look at now didn't we. And also you were not happy with the repairs huh.
WHO REPAIRED THE CAR WITH YOUR NEW ENGINE THAT YOU DIDNT PAY FOR? Oh ya the MERCEDES DEALERSHIP. You took it to a real certified Mercedes tech, so the ones at the dealership you had it repaired at were???????? And our tech? At what point is Bryan a representative or even associated with Eurocharged. Oh ya he's not. Nice try again at a lie.
You wanna tell all your friends the truth about your story for once? You know all the "midwest" people that hate us that you are friends with?

Now on to your pulley. Did we help you out with that? Yup, because it could have possibly been a problem a problem with the install on the only tech we had that has now been let go and working for a competitor. Does our warranty policy explicitly state that we are not responsible for that kind of issue. Yes it does.

Jake,

You know this is not true!! I was with Aleks every single time he went to the shop. I can attest to his story 100%

BTW the extended warranty Aleks bought, paid for the engine. So he directly paid for the engine. So you did him no favors, and new engine came at no cost to you.

Last edited by bartdude; 03-17-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aleks,

As far as your car-

GTFO
Old 03-17-2010, 03:16 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by pearlpower
My only question here is the durability of the new pulley, is there a problem with it? Mine is arriving today with installation possibly this weekend, but certainly not if there is a question as to what is going on. Not trying to stir up anything, just trying to avoid getting stuck hundreds of miles from home is all-and avoid any motor damage. Thanks,
Aleks pully issue was quite a bit of time ago, before the move to asp You have nothign to worry about.

Originally Posted by bartdude
Jake,

You know this is not true!! I was with Aleks every single time he went to the shop. I can attest to his story 100%

BTW the extended warranty Aleks bought, paid for the engine. So he directly paid for the engine. So you did him no favors, and new engine came at no cost to you.
I'm amazed at you guys. We all know that he was on a stock tune, including people not part of Eurocharged. I am going to have to dig up the video surveillance of the shop that day that shows your car come in, all of us talking, and wayne (of former LET) saying he can't tune the car as he didn't have the proper file.
Now, I never said that we replaced the engine, now did I. And we wouldn't have as he was clearly beating on the car in front of everyone. And yes, his warranty did replace the engine, which is great for him. But he wasn't happy with the results. Thats truely unfortunate, but once again, why wouldn't the dealership take care of that for him?
Who in their right mind beats on a car after being told not to by the person working on your car? No one else around here thinks that is negligent?
Alek was working with and did all his part work with LET which is true on his part. When LET was dissolved, some members of LET were taken over to Eurocharged. That was done purposely as we were having issues with one of the tuners of LET. Eurocharged is not the same people and tuners as LET. Our old tunes that a great deal of people discuss and comment on were not done by current Eurocharged Tuners.
What happened to Alek's car was indeed unfortunate. It was even worse as we were all close friends at that point. Now, to say that our tune did that, come on guys.
He did indeed have pulley issues at the start, he is very right about that point. He was helping us with the testing of the product. Things do happen with testing, but that is why you test things. But, we are also talking about almost a year ago. In the time since, the pulleys have been redesigned and are being produced by ASP. The tech that put Alek's pulley on was let go.
I understand that because our friendship had tarnished you guys all hate Eurocharged now. I get that, and so be it. But, to post like this with blatant lies, come on. Your better than that.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport

Here is my story:

Aleks
Hey Aleks,

Sorry you had to go through that painful ordeal, but I'm sure many new members on here will be thankful for this post, as it should act as a warning and a reminder to be very careful before chosing a company to tune these expensive engines....
Old 03-17-2010, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Old 03-17-2010, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG 030
Aleks pully issue was quite a bit of time ago, before the move to asp You have nothign to worry about.

so your saying if we have a pulley PRE you guys joining with ASP we should beware?
Old 03-17-2010, 03:42 PM

Mercedes-Benz AMG

Here is my story:

Aleks
Sorry to hear about your loss (again), but thank you for stepping forward and posting. I know there are others out there. Best of luck to you!
Old 03-17-2010, 03:43 PM

2005 E55 AMG **sold** 2005 E55 AMG Take 2
Originally Posted by RenntechE55
so your saying if we have a pulley PRE you guys joining with ASP we should beware?

+1
Old 03-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

c63
Originally Posted by RenntechE55
no, as discussed aleks was part of the test program over a year ago. The issues that we found with his pulley were corrected prior to production rollout. The pulleys are fine. Thanks for the question.

It did not kick down in the vid.... I was driving it at the time. It was part throttle! lol!

It was very cold outside and the car has wayyyyyyyy to much power!!

The car will involuntarily change lanes at 50mph on the highway because of the power!
No words can describe driving this car...
you certainly seem to love our tune here in the post you made last week aleks? Oh ya, we tuned the car...

- Jake
Old 03-17-2010, 03:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 E55 2005 Crossfire SRT-6
I am going to add my 2 cents to this as I was the one who got the engine replaced under warranty that should not have been done in the first place (under warranty that is). I have nothing against anyone involved in this situation but when I read that the first time you got the car back that it didnt run right or had issues that is BS. The shop foreman with 20+ years experience at the dealership I worked at installed a brand new short black, new rods and new pistons in that car. The extended time it took to get the work done was due to the warranty company not paying in a timely fashion. It is not my fault, nor yours, that the company would not pay. But I could not, and would not release a vehicle with a $15k+ bill and no payment.
As for the initial cause of the engine failure I can only say what I heard from other people who were around when that happened. The car was on a stock tune....the car was heavily modded....and the car was driven very hard on the highway. My techinican found that the #8 cylinder ring land failed and cracked the cylinder wall causing the coolant in the water jacket to fill the cylinder.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:10 PM

2006 E55 2003 ML55 2007 VW V10TDI
Originally Posted by Eurocharged
no, as discussed aleks was part of the test program over a year ago. The issues that we found with his pulley were corrected prior to production rollout. The pulleys are fine. Thanks for the question.

you certainly seem to love our tune here in the post you made last week aleks? Oh ya, we tuned the car...

- Jake
I got the Eurocharged tune off the car the day i bought it because i didn't want my engine to blow. This car has to much money put into it to have that kind of tune on it.

Last edited by bartdude; 03-17-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
That sucks Aleks! For those of you that don't know Aleks he is a great guy and very nice. Bad things seem to happen to good people
Old 03-17-2010, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by jrcart
Exactly, and you thought that you had some discussions on here
Old 03-17-2010, 05:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
I have had good experience with EC and Jerry when it comes to tuning. On multiple occasions when I have had issues with my tune from other tuners, jerry has stepped in to help. I will also say that he is offer his help at no charge.
Jerry has dealt with me and fellow houston member in a very respectful way, I am sure other houston members will chime in too.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Out Of Control!

One lesson i've learned from all of these engine stories blowing up is try and go with only one tuner if you can. Because then if something does happen or go wrong that's when the finger pointing begins.

Sorry to hear about some of these guys who has had to go through this ordeal.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:15 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by shardul
I have had good experience with EC and Jerry when it comes to tuning. On multiple occasions when I have had issues with my tune from other tuners, jerry has stepped in to help. I will also say that he is offer his help at no charge.
Jerry has dealt with me and fellow houston member in a very respectful way, I am sure other houston members will chime in too.

I've always relied on Jerry to help me out when in doubt. Even after I installed the 185 he retuned it a few times. Even after my exhaust setup was complete, he turned off the check engine for the O2 sensors.

A lot of tuners out there have no idea what they are doing, but I can say with confidence, Jerry is skilled and has more than enough experience and knowledge to properly tune a vehicle without worrying about the engine blowing up. Shoot, if my engine blows up, I'll blame myself for hitting it so hard all the time!

Shardul: VROOOOOM!
Old 03-17-2010, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
DITTO on jerry.NO Issues. I had my tune 18months.

However.. I drive my car with OUT a tune for anothe 18 months with absolute no problem.. other than having timing pulled like crazy and my by pass valve robbing boost.... and the car ran rich.

running a stock tune with 178 mm pulley only.. should not blow up your engine.. but then again.. that was my case.

The tune I got from LET (jerry was updated 1 year later for free) 2008 to 2009.

My AFR close to redline were under 12, however I'm not sure about ignition timing right now. But since I have driven the car 18 mos and countless of WOT runs.. I feel confident that my ignition timing under 100% is fine. But I will data logg and make my conclusions available to EC/LET

Last edited by TopGun32; 03-17-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:57 PM

SOLD 04 E55 Now 93 w124 3.2 sold W210 E55 sold waiting on W211 E63 p030
Leaving my ride stock!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My Blown Motor Story