Sponsored by:

Eurocharged, my personal experience with them

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 12:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 JDM
Originally Posted by loungn14
wow really stretching on this one aren't you. The gentelman that you are speaking of in your 1/3 that did post and definately said it was a hardware error with our tech not installing the head correctly that caused the engine to pop. And what happened. We admitted it was our fault and replaced the engine as was posted by the owner and us in the thread. Mercedes came to the conclusion that the gasket sealer blocked the return. We caused it, and we replaced the engine. And I don't know why I need to get into the details as we both know you know the story. You also know that it was a hardware error, same reason the tune wasn't changed when the new engine was put in and he has driven many many miles on it. We did the right thing no?

So on to aleks. So, mercedes says it was a stock tune on the car when it had its error. Yup, that must be a tune error as well. It was an 03 with a ringland failure that caused the issue. (documented by a few on this forum to have the same problem on their stock and modded 03's) Not to mention the owner did things like put an extra heat exchanger held on with coat hangers. You read that right, coat hangers.

This newest problem will be well documented for all to see, and you know I am looking forward to it. There is more to the story and that will be shared in due time. We have always stood behind the products and will continue to do so.

Bottom line is no matter what you do to your car with anyone, things can happen, with ANY modified car.

Thanks for posting! I think it really helps to hear all sides of the story. Obviously each side will have their own version of what actually transpired. We all log on to the forums and for those of us who are considering tunes or those of us who have already done work to our cars (I have not) seeing questions linger out there just make everyone wonder. The three cars that I referenced were all posted on this site, who knows if there have been more. I'm not saying that there have been, I'm simply stating that not everyone will post their stories for various reasons. With that in mind, I think it would be great to get a few answers from you regarding your customer service record that you are clearly proud of.

1) Many on this forum have asked "why weren't these and other issues looked at by a Mercedes Certified Tech for their opinion?" Hence my first question: Has EC ever threatened legal action against any Mercedes Tech or dealership for speaking out on an issue?

2) Many on this forum wonder how many cars out there have had issues. This "track record" is very helpful in determining who to trust with our cars. Hence my second question: Has EC ever threatened to not pay for, or stand behind, any repairs or replacement parts to keep a customer quiet or keep something off the forums?

Thank you in advance for your responses.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:28 PM

2012 JDM
Originally Posted by motorkas
Even though we differ in certain areas, I really do like the way you present your point of view
Likewise
Old 03-20-2010, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 ML63 2009 SL63 2010 Alpha 7 GTR
Originally Posted by cal1
We need to make a run up to Muncie for some real fun. The hay seeds are serious about their American muscle and the owner is serious about well prepped tracks unlike ORP. I could use some company. Oh, and the competition. Normally I’m the only MB… well let’s say, non American car out there. There were some ricers from Fort Wayne once. We kind of huddled together like outcasts. That was until we ran down the track and earned some respect. I don’t think the hayseeds expected to see a Benz run sub 12 or a Lancer turning 12 flat. Muncie is a long haul though for a Wednesday night “Test and Tune” especially for the Lafayette boys. I guess ORP will do.

Curt, I am more than willing to drive to Munice for the night. It's just a long drive if I break something. I know that If I really want to see what my car will do I will have to go there.

ps. I just signed up for the winged warrior event at ORP. You should think about doing it. It was a lot of fun last year, even though I did not race. I will this year though. If you don't want to at least come and watch! www.wingedwarrior.org
Old 03-20-2010, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by E55Bullet
Curt, I am more than willing to drive to Munice for the night. It's just a long drive if I break something. I know that If I really want to see what my car will do I will have to go there.

ps. I just signed up for the winged warrior event at ORP. You should think about doing it. It was a lot of fun last year, even though I did not race. I will this year though. If you don't want to at least come and watch! www.wingedwarrior.org
That looks like a great time! I may have to make the drive from Cbus since it is only 3 hrs.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by emoving
That looks like a great time! I may have to make the drive from Cbus since it is only 3 hrs.

Yes you should! As far as MB's go its just me and another member from this forum with a modified c55. I watched last year and I am going to race this year. Drag and autocross. Its a great/laid back time either watching or racing. Plus its a charity event!
Old 03-20-2010, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Yes you should! As far as MB's go its just me and another member from this forum with a modified c55. I watched last year and I am going to race this year. Drag and autocross. Its a great/laid back time either watching or racing. Plus its a charity event!
Looks like you were registered twice, are you bringing 2 cars?
Old 03-20-2010, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by emoving
Looks like you were registered twice, are you bringing 2 cars?

I am brining me annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd my car.... 2 things. jk I must have screwed up.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I am brining me annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd my car.... 2 things. jk I must have screwed up.
Now that I think of it, I might be bringing an 05' vette, a trans am, and maybe The Jeep
Old 03-20-2010, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'03 SL55
This is way off the original topic but there's a pretty decent chance I'll be driving through Indy the weekend of May 21-22-23. I see there's a Test & Tune at Muncie on Friday May 21. Is anyone interested in meeting up, saying hello, and getting in a few runs against the local hardware?
Old 03-21-2010, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Funny you say that. Last time I was at Muncie when I lined up for my run, the announcer guy says "gee, I wonder if Mercedes roadside service will come out to the track." My friend watching said the crowd roared then there was a moment of silence when the 11.8x lit up on my side of the track and the GTO I ran was more than a second behind me.

I typically find a 2 tenths or maybe a bit more difference in 60' times between ORP and Muncie. The last time I was at ORP, I was running 2 to 2.2 60s. Even the 4 wheel drives were having trouble getting under 2 seconds. Last time at Muncie, 1.76 was my best 60' and that was on T1Rs. Maybe ORP will prep the track properly for the Winged warrior event.

Originally Posted by jmf003
This is way off the original topic but there's a pretty decent chance I'll be driving through Indy the weekend of May 21-22-23. I see there's a Test & Tune at Muncie on Friday May 21. Is anyone interested in meeting up, saying hello, and getting in a few runs against the local hardware?
Dammit, it looks like I am going to be in Wales and Ireland on those days. Maybe I can send the wife to Europe and stay home with the dogs. Then I could meet you at the Muncie track. Our plans aren't etched in stone just yet so maybe I can make it. It would be awesome to see a bunch a MBs role into the track in the middle of the corn fields (Muncie). I will PM you when I know for sure.

By the way, the local hardware is pretty interesting. It is not just street legal stuff. There are a few rails and other built cars running 9s and 10s. I lined up against an Opel GT with a small block v8 with dual quads. He ate me up. I would say 90% of the cars are street legal.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:39 PM

IndyJoe, I regret to inform you that you will not be able to attend any track meets with us. Its not that I don't consider us friends, nor do I dislike your car, I JUST DONT WANT TO GET BEAT BY AN SLK! HAHAHHAHAHA

Your cars a beast, so I don't think you have anything to worry about unless you fall asleep at the line. I'll be happy if I run in the 12's.

Originally Posted by cal1
Funny you say that. Last time I was at Muncie when I lined up for my run, the announcer guy says "gee, I wonder if Mercedes roadside service will come out to the track." My friend watching said the crowd roared then there was a moment of silence when the 11.8x lit up on my side of the track and the GTO I ran was more than a second behind me.

I typically find a 2 tenths or maybe a bit more difference in 60' times between ORP and Muncie. The last time I was at ORP, I was running 2 to 2.2 60s. Even the 4 wheel drives were having trouble getting under 2 seconds. Last time at Muncie, 1.76 was my best 60' and that was on T1Rs. Maybe ORP will prep the track properly for the Winged warrior event.
I'll probably sign up to race at WW, or at least go to watch. I'm looking for excuses to get out of the house, so let me know when you go to Muncie or ORP.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:02 PM

2012 JDM
Originally Posted by J 2OOI
Thanks for posting! I think it really helps to hear all sides of the story. Obviously each side will have their own version of what actually transpired. We all log on to the forums and for those of us who are considering tunes or those of us who have already done work to our cars (I have not) seeing questions linger out there just make everyone wonder. The three cars that I referenced were all posted on this site, who knows if there have been more. I'm not saying that there have been, I'm simply stating that not everyone will post their stories for various reasons. With that in mind, I think it would be great to get a few answers from you regarding your customer service record that you are clearly proud of.

1) Many on this forum have asked "why weren't these and other issues looked at by a Mercedes Certified Tech for their opinion?" Hence my first question: Has EC ever threatened legal action against any Mercedes Tech or dealership for speaking out on an issue?

2) Many on this forum wonder how many cars out there have had issues. This "track record" is very helpful in determining who to trust with our cars. Hence my second question: Has EC ever threatened to not pay for, or stand behind, any repairs or replacement parts to keep a customer quiet or keep something off the forums?

loungn14: Can you please provide answers to my questions above? Thanks!
Old 03-22-2010, 06:01 PM
SPONSOR

But shouldn't we look at how many failures occur vs the total number of tunes? I have heard of 3 blown motors out of "hundreds" of tunes according to Tony. 3/300 is 1% for complete failure.
Just for the record, we have tuned much more then 300 *get the facts straight* engines so now the percentage is much lower along with EUROCHARGED is only responsible for the one engine which was a technical issue, that gentleman had is car picked up from his house by us and shipped to our shop then repaired and he came and picked there car up, ALL AT NO COST TO THE CUSTOMER!!!

Just so you know I worked at very well know subaru shop for almost a year and guys about 50% of those subaru engines blew up do to part failures and vacuum leaks and guess what the shop was almost never blamed for it, because the customers knew the risks of modding there cars.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:15 PM

2012 JDM

The number of reported issues vs number of tunes could become irrelevant based on the answer to my questions above. With that in mind...

Tony: Can you please provide answers to the above questions? Thanks.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:34 PM

2012 JDM
Originally Posted by Tony@Eurocharged
Just so you know I worked at very well know subaru shop for almost a year and guys about 50% of those subaru engines blew up do to part failures and vacuum leaks and guess what the shop was almost never blamed for it, because the customers knew the risks of modding there cars.

What steps does your company take to fully disclose this to its customers? Do you think that this is a risk that all of your customers are truly fully aware of? There are many threads on this forum regarding extended warranties, which would lead one to believe that many do not wish to take risks. Yet somehow they would risk their engines blowing up and the shop not covering it? Does this seem logical?
Old 03-22-2010, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey guys I am going to create a thread to midwest events this summer so that we do not cloud curts thread! Thanks!
Old 03-22-2010, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
soon to be e55
edited

Last edited by kyuss94; 03-22-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:01 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
GL550, C55, 335i Coupe, vintage Mustang
Originally Posted by Tony@Eurocharged
Just for the record, we have tuned much more then 300 *get the facts straight* engines so now the percentage is much lower along with EUROCHARGED is only responsible for the one engine which was a technical issue, that gentleman had is car picked up from his house by us and shipped to our shop then repaired and he came and picked there car up, ALL AT NO COST TO THE CUSTOMER!!!

I don't think actual #s were ever disclosed, so I wouldn't take that attitude.

A 50% engine failure rate means one of only a couple things, inferior parts, or not requiring beefier hardware to support such parts, were sold to customers, or inferior installation(which would be all on the shop, regardless of the brand), and the shop felt the clients were too ignorant to know any better.

Nick
Old 03-22-2010, 10:32 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
loungn14: Can you please provide answers to my questions above? Thanks!
Sure, im not on the forums everyday.

1) The engine in indy was diagnosed and replaced/fixed by a Mercedes Tech that was not associated with Eurocharged as well as aleks was by a seperate dealership that also was not a part of eurocharged. So your answer there would clearly be yes, they were looked at by certified mercedes techs. We would never have a problem with a dealership speaking out on an issue as long as it was completely factual. I would have a problem with posting false and knowingly incorrect information, as that doesn't help anyone in the manner, not to mention it is against the law.

2) As dictated in our warranty policy, we will replace any part that is defective. If you have any other questions feel free to call the shop.

What steps does your company take to fully disclose this to its customers? Do you think that this is a risk that all of your customers are truly fully aware of? There are many threads on this forum regarding extended warranties, which would lead one to believe that many do not wish to take risks. Yet somehow they would risk their engines blowing up and the shop not covering it? Does this seem logical?
So I am lost as to why you don't ask renntech, pc, kleeman or anyone else about this as well? Modifying a car is a risk, no matter if you throw an intake on it or aftermarket rims. Either way you are changing the origional design of the car.

and what about links like this?

We have all of our customers sign a dyno form as does any other vendor that has a dyno. Also on our checkout page on the website you are required to read the disclaimer that says just that, and modification carries a risk.

So again, you want to inform me of a time an engine blew up due to our neglegance and we didn't cover it? Cause once again it didn't happen. As posted in the thread from the indiana gentleman, we admited fault from a bad head install (hardware), and replaced the engine. The owner even posted saying he was happy with all the service provided. We are not aware of any issues out there from any of our products.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
For those of you guys with a beef with LET / EC, maybe you can create another thread of your own instead of hijacking this one? This thread by the OP was his personal experience with LET / EC. There are people who like LET / EC and there are those that do not. All the people that do not like LET / EC why do you not just create your own thread against LET / EC and let those that do like them have their own thread, not hijacked by the rest of you?
Old 03-22-2010, 10:38 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by jcjmw
For those of you guys with a beef with LET / EC, maybe you can create another thread of your own instead of hijacking this one? This thread by the OP was his personal experience with LET / EC. There are people who like LET / EC and there are those that do not. All the people that do not like LET / EC why do you not just create your own thread against LET / EC and let those that do like them have their own thread, not hijacked by the rest of you?
its the same group of friends too....
Old 03-22-2010, 11:04 PM

2012 JDM
loungn14 or anyone at EC: I do not know how much more clear these questions can be, not to mention how could they be more simple to answer? Why are you avoiding answering these questions directly? It makes no sense. I will restate them because I think these are very important questions.

A simple yes or no will suffice.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 Wagon
loungn14 or anyone at EC: I do not know how much more clear these questions can be, not to mention how could they be more simple to answer? Why are you avoiding answering these questions directly? It makes no sense. I will restate them because I think these are very important questions.

A simple yes or no will suffice.
This makes no sense. Why are you hijacking this thread? It is clear that you have some personal beef with LET / EC. Why not just start your own thread against them and ask them in your thread? I can see that there are people who do not like them and their reasons. However, why continue to ruin other people's desire to participate and enjoy a thread started by the OP - his personal positive experiences with LET / EC?
Old 03-22-2010, 11:25 PM

2012 JDM
Originally Posted by jcjmw
This makes no sense. Why are you hijacking this thread? It is clear that you have some personal beef with LET / EC. Why not just start your own thread against them and ask them in your thread? I can see that there are people who do not like them and their reasons. However, why continue to ruin other people's desire to participate and enjoy a thread started by the OP - his personal positive experiences with LET / EC?
This is not a thread-hijack. The topic of this thread is EC customer service. That is exactly what I am asking these questions about. I have no "personal beef" with LET / EC. As a matter of fact, I have met Jerry and him and Wayne (who I hear is no longer with the company as of a while back) have always been very friendly. I also know the OP and he is also very friendly. Why would you not want EC to answer these two very very simple questions?
Old 03-22-2010, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 Wagon
This is not a thread-hijack. The topic of this thread is EC customer service. That is exactly what I am asking these questions about. I have no "personal beef" with LET / EC. As a matter of fact, I have met Jerry and him and Wayne (who I hear is no longer with the company as of a while back) have always been very friendly. I also know the OP and he is also very friendly. Why would you not want EC to answer these two very very simple questions?
You do not have beef? It sure seems like it to me. As for those questions, sure the answer would be good. But, start your own thread if you want those questions answered or call / pm them since you know them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eurocharged, my personal experience with them